Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: The Feast of All Sinners

(edited)

SEASON FINALE!

In an explosive season finale, the Mikaelsons find themselves out of options as they face the all-powerful and un-killable entity known as The Hollow. With the life of Hope at stake, Vincent proposes a final, desperate plan – one that will force Klaus, Elijah, Hayley, Rebekah and Freya to make the greatest sacrifice their family has ever endured.

Promo:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

That felt like it was written before they were renewed, quite the happy ending for them all. Despite being separated.

Also the final scene being Klaus & Elijah, the real OTP of the show.

Aww Kol's going to propose.

Liked seeing Alaric, when they showed the Mystic Falls caption I totally thought we were going to get a Klaus showing up on Caroline's doorstep. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Liked seeing Alaric, when they showed the Mystic Falls caption I totally thought we were going to get a Klaus showing up on Caroline's doorstep. 

I am sooo glad that we didn't get that scene.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Aww Kol's going to propose.

I guess I'm heartless, but I was not rooting for Davina and Kol.

48 minutes ago, doram said:

I think Plec should have turned down the renewal and signed off with this ending. [...] This season was clearly written with cancellation in mind and it had quality. It's only going to go downhill from here. 

I agree, this really felt like a finale to me. I have an idea where the show will go next season and I'm not really interested in

Spoiler

watching teenage Hope finding love. Klaus trying to form a relationship with Hope. Elijah trying to regain his memories. Elijah and Hayley becoming a couple again. Caroline showing up and the inevitable Klaus and Caroline relationship drama.

Writers/producers really need to learn when to end a show.

So let me get this straight. The hollow, which was already very powerful, parked itself inside the body of the most powerful witch evah and when confronted with things like witches who didn't want to pledge loyalty, instead of killing them she decided to just set a few lamp posts on fire? And then she just snaps Hayley's neck instead of killing her? Dominick who was resurrected from the dead by the hollow goes to confront everyone that Josh has gathered to search for Hope and he just knocks Josh out instead of staking him? I'm not saying I want the entire cast to die but it seems weird that all of these powerful people who we've seen kill before are now just knocking people out.

Then Hayley, who is still clutching her pearls because she is simply aghast at the knowledge that Elijah has killed people, gets pissy and tells Elijah that instead of apologizing (ahem, for things he did a thousand years before he even met her), she wants him to go get her daughter back. Oh, I see. So it's terrible that Elijah is a ruthless killer unless it somehow benefits you. And she's still ignoring the fact that she sacrificed a dozen hybrids to get Professor Shane to give her a hint about her birth parents because that was totally fine!

I usually love Rebekah but I was rolling my eyes when she yelled at Vincent for not telling them the full truth about the ritual. First of all, she and her family have resorted to flat out lying to people (not just omitting certain things) so whatever. Secondly, as Vincent said, his priority is saving Hope, not the Mikaelson siblings. He is willing to do whatever it takes to help her and to get rid of the hollow. I love that Vincent has no fucks to give and said as much to Rebekah.

Side note: given that Vincent said the hollow will continue to seek power and Hope, it seems pretty risky to put the hollow into four unkillable vampires. But hey, what do I know?

I was annoyed on behalf of Rebekah and Kol because Klaus and Elijah agreed to Vincent's plan immediately, saying that Hope is all that matters. It's all well and fine for Klaus and Elijah to volunteer for this plan, but it's selfish and shitty for them to expect their other two siblings to do it without even asking them.

Even though I'm all for having a relatively drama-free lesbian couple on the show, I am over Freya tearfully confessing things to Keelin. First it was pushing her away to keep her out of the giant bullseye that covers everyone associated with the Mikaelson clan a few weeks ago. This time it was "I might have to turn into a vampire to save my niece, but I'm afraid you won't love me anymore because vampires murdered your family." Ugh.

Similarly, Elijah's "we were doomed so the best thing I can do for you is not be with you" martyr crap with Hayley. I never bought their romance anyway.

I don't care about Klaus suddenly realizing/admitting that he was The Worst to Marcel. The only reason I cared even the tiniest bit about Klaus's confession was seeing Marcel's reaction. He deserved to get that admission from Klaus hundreds of years ago.

Even more annoying was Klaus telling Elijah that without his family around, he will inevitably relapse into a spiral of bloodshed and mayhem. So much for that "I've changed and become a better man for my daughter." And what is with Klaus giving up so easily in advance? Does he not realize that when he dies, that will affect his portion of the hollow?

I was also annoyed with Elijah insisting that he has been a slave to his devotion to his family. Both he and Klaus are basically saying that they are not responsible for making any decisions or their own behavior.

If Elijah was hellbent on having Marcel compel him, why did Marcel have to tell him to forget his family and the love they had for each other? He could have just compelled him to get over the always and forever stuff.

When Alaric said that he was used to being around supernatural beings who weren't comfortable with what they were but the kids at Hogwarts were better, I thought well, DUH, of course anyone is goin to be more comfortable with being different and having powers if they're taught that what they are is okay and they learn how to control their powers. But most of the supernatural characters Alaric knew on TVD did not grow up that way. Tyler and Hayley didn't know they were werewolves until they were teenagers. Bonnie didn't know she was a witch until she was a teenager. Stefan, Elena, and Caroline were turned into vampires against their wills. Given that none of those people grew up their whole lives with powers that were developed and nurtured, it's no surprise that they weren't entirely comfortable with what they were. The only characters I recall who knew they were different even as children were the gemini coven and that turned out super fucked up. Great that they knew they were witches, but you can't expect someone to grow up being comfortable with the knowledge that they will have to kill their own twin.

I wanted someone to point out to the Mikaelson siblings that it's 2019 (due to the time jump on TVD) which means that although they can't physically be near each other, they can still email, skype, text, call, and otherwise communicate with each other. It's not like this was happening 200 years ago when they would have had to write letters and then wait weeks for a response.

Freya's option to become a vampire so she could be the fourth person in the spell was stupid mostly because her siblings and the show need her to be a witch. I mean, when was the last time they figured out how to solve a problem without having Freya do some kind of magic?

I had to laugh when Kol finally showed up and got in one last well-deserved dig at Klaus for always daggering him.

I agree that this episode was a good series finale so I kind of wish they had just left it here.

• Love 2

I know he didn't plan but it would have been hilarious if Vincent had found another way to defeat the Hollow but decided to use this plan because it would get rid of the Michaelsons from New Orleans forever.

I pretty much enjoyed all of it. 

• Love 3

So, I decided to tune in to the finale, though I'll have to go back to watch the entirety of the last two seasons that I've skimmed. 

This is a good place to end the series. Now, I totally expect every character to get ruined. I doubt Kol/Davina are going to stay happily engaged, let alone happily married. I guarantee Kol going back to his old ways and that relationship being ruined. I've come to accept that romance as real, but I can't see things working out now with another season. Rebekah/Marcel got their happy ending too, but what's going to happen once the show comes back? Will they still be a happy couple? Even if they are, I doubt they stay that way.

As for Elijah getting compelled, that is something that I didn't expect, but it does make sense. Out of all of them, Elijah has been all about the "always and forever" mantra. But compelling him to forget everything and everyone? Does he still remember that he's an Original vampire? Does he know at least his name and that he's centuries old? Or is he going to be running one day and suddenly find himself in the next town? I'd have to assume that he only forgets about the people and his history, but wouldn't he be curious to find out, or did Marcel include a clause that states that he won't be curious to find out and he'll accept his memory loss? 

Alaric's school makes an appearance. Not that I'm surprised at all, but at least Hope will get to be a normal kid with other supernaturals her age. Of course, that means we could get Alaric and Caroline as series regulars next season, which would be fine if it's the last season. I've accepted that Klaroline is most likely going to be a thing, so I'm over caring about my hate for the couple. I'm just going to ride it out and say "whatever". I've never been a fan of Klaus, although I like him better now, and I got sick and tired of Caroline around late season 5 on TVD and now can only tolerate her. 

With the whole Elijah/Hayley thing, it seems like now, they've been apart more than they've known each other in the actual series, so hopefully they aren't shoved back together next season. I like the idea of them realizing that they're not right for each other, even if it's for the stupidest reasons that undermine both characters, and them moving on. 

The whole Hollow thing ended pretty lackluster, from the little I've seen from this season, and I can't see how season 5 will work out with the Hollow in each of the siblings. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I actually didn't find Hayley's reasoning to be all that hypocritical tbh. Unlike most of the characters on this show and the mother show, her character has actually shown growth, so it makes sense that becoming a mother, losing Jackson, spending 5 years isolated with her daughter and always on the move would make her re-evaluate not only her life but her daughter's as well. She even goes so far as to say that she is a monster right along with the Mikaelsons, but that she wants to be better for Hope. Klaus even tempered himself for his daughter, while Elijah went 180. Elijah has always been "family above all else" and Hayley recognized that. She loves him, but she doesn't want to be a bad example for her daughter. She can't help the past, only the future.

The show should've definitely ended here. Unlike TVD's finale, it worked for every single character. Elijah's free of his olbigation to family, Rebekah found her forever love, Kol gets to do whatever a Kol does, Hope is relatively happy with her mom and new friends. The only one to get a sad ending really is Klaus, but you could also say that him being forever separated from his Hope is penance for all the evil he's inflicted on others.

I know Vincent is a favorite on this board, but definitely got on my nerves this episode. He doesn't owe Klaus anything, but he definitely should've told Klaus that he was never going to see his daughter again. He had no reason to believe that he, or any of the other siblings for that matter, wouldn't have gone through it. His entire beef with the Mikaelsons hinges on them always putting their family over everyone else (which, to be fair,.....most people do?). Klaus sacrificed himself so that his siblings could live, Elijah was willing to die to trap the Hollow so that Klaus wouldn't have to. His reasoning made zero sense outside of him just being petty. 

Julie Plec's gonna f*ck it all up, I know it. No more family dynamics, but get ready for ROMANCE above everything!!!

Edited by Gwen-Stacys
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I know he didn't plan but it would have been hilarious if Vincent had found another way to defeat the Hollow but decided to use this plan because it would get rid of the Michaelsons from New Orleans forever.

I pretty much enjoyed all of it. 

I love this idea.  It would have been hilarious if at the end Vincent was drinking a toast, and said, "I got rid of the Hollow, and I finally managed to get those damn Michaelsons out of my town.  Life is good."

I wish this had been the series finale.  Not only, can I see the idiot writers and producers screwing things up next season, but also ruining whatever good was left about TVD since Hope is now at Alaric and Caroline's school.

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Then Hayley, who is still clutching her pearls because she is simply aghast at the knowledge that Elijah has killed people, gets pissy and tells Elijah that instead of apologizing (ahem, for things he did a thousand years before he even met her), she wants him to go get her daughter back. Oh, I see. So it's terrible that Elijah is a ruthless killer unless it somehow benefits you. And she's still ignoring the fact that she sacrificed a dozen hybrids to get Professor Shane to give her a hint about her birth parents because that was totally fine!

Every week, I yell this at the TV each time she tries to get holier than thou with someone.  

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

wanted someone to point out to the Mikaelson siblings that it's 2019 (due to the time jump on TVD) which means that although they can't physically be near each other, they can still email, skype, text, call, and otherwise communicate with each other. It's not like this was happening 200 years ago when they would have had to write letters and then wait weeks for a response.

I also kept yelling this at the screen this morning.  So many ways nowadays to communicate, including social media.  And they had hundreds of years together.  Suck it up.

4 hours ago, nilyank said:

2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I love this idea.  It would have been hilarious if at the end Vincent was drinking a toast, and said, "I got rid of the Hollow, and I finally managed to get those damn Michaelsons out of my town.  Life is good."

I kept thinking this as well.  And it would have been a great "what if" to leave the season on, especially considering the scene that was cut (according to the outgoing showrunner) where Marcel handed the "keys of the kingdom" over to Vincent so he could go be in love with Rebecca.  Essentially, the witches would have eliminated almost every single on of their threats.

I think this was definitely written as a series finale. I'm happy we'll get some more, but I did love the ending montage.

Was the name of the town in France the same village that Elijah told Hailey about as the place he'd most want to be? I'm guessing it was, and that (along with his look at Klaus, who should have known better than to go there!) were hints that the real Elijah is still there. Presumably, if Freya can lift the Hollow out of them, Marcel can just un-compel Elijah and he should be fine.

4 hours ago, doram said:

His reasoning made perfect sense and was not about bring pretty. Vincent,  who has never seen all the sides of Klaus, didn't want to risk Hope's life for anything, even the chance that Klaus would consider never seeing his daughter again too high a price for her freedom of the Hollow.

The only thing Vincent has personally seen of Klaus is him sacrificing everything for his family. Hell, Klaus sent Hope away with Rebekah for the first 8 months of her life in order to protect her. He also saw Rebekha and Elijah literally stab Klaus in the back to keep Hope safe.  This season, in fact, he saw Klaus willing to die for Hope and to trap the Hollow. He even complimented him on it. So I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree. 

• Love 2

Ummmm...Kol, if you're planning on using that entire diamond for just a necklace, a pair of earrings and an engagement ring, you're probably going to want to throw in a fur coat, a lapdog, an econo size can of Aqua-Net, and some bad spray tan for Davina because she'll need it to to complete that tacky Real Housewife look.  I wish they could have known the renewal was going to happen or would have filmed two separate endings to leave some things open ended for next season since they were renewed before the episode aired.  Everything was tied up pretty neatly and while I will enjoy seeing how the family dynamics play out next season, it'll have to undo a lot of things that were tied up this episode. Now it seems like all they'll just find an easy loophole in the first episode and then just bring on the chuds.  

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I wanted someone to point out to the Mikaelson siblings that it's 2019 (due to the time jump on TVD) which means that although they can't physically be near each other, they can still email, skype, text, call, and otherwise communicate with each other. It's not like this was happening 200 years ago when they would have had to write letters and then wait weeks for a response.

I was thinking the same thing... hello you can text each other, call each other, skype, e-mail, facebook etc. etc. Just because you can't be roommates anymore, doesn't mean you can't be in each others lives. Now maybe I missed something and it was implied that if any of them contacted each other in the above ways the Hallow would somehow convince them that they needed to meet in person. IDK It seemed melodramatic to me. I mean they go years without seeing each other; also once Hope dies what's stopping them from being roommates again?

The same goes for Klaus and Hope. Yes Klaus can't be physically near hope which sucks for him, but he can still be a  part of her life through phone calls, emails etc. 

If Elijah was hellbent on having Marcel compel him, why did Marcel have to tell him to forget his family and the love they had for each other? He could have just compelled him to get over the always and forever stuff.

I didn't understand why Marcel compelled Elijah to basically forget his whole life. I was thinking HEY Elijah didn't agree to this! He just wanted to be compelled to forget the always and forever. I was left wondering if Marcel compelling Elijah to forget his family and their love for each other was some kind of revenge.

Hayley annoys me.  She hates that Elijah killed people, but then she wants him to go get Hope which obviously will involve him killing people.  Every time she gets all aghast over Elijah having killed people, I'm like oh just shut-up. Like you said she sacrificed dozens of hybrids.  

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:19 AM, Lady Calypso said:

This is a good place to end the series. Now, I totally expect every character to get ruined. I doubt Kol/Davina are going to stay happily engaged, let alone happily married. I guarantee Kol going back to his old ways and that relationship being ruined. I've come to accept that romance as real, but I can't see things working out now with another season. Rebekah/Marcel got their happy ending too, but what's going to happen once the show comes back? Will they still be a happy couple? Even if they are, I doubt they stay that way.

Oh I agree all endings are going to have to be undone, so we can have more drama! However, I'm perfectly happy if Davina & Kol aren't together. I could never root for them. Kol has always felt like Kol 2.0 to me and it has annoyed me. Also I don't like Davina so there's that.

16 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

Ummmm...Kol, if you're planning on using that entire diamond for just a necklace, a pair of earrings and an engagement ring, you're probably going to want to throw in a fur coat, a lapdog, an econo size can of Aqua-Net, and some bad spray tan for Davina because she'll need it to to complete that tacky Real Housewife look.  

Oh my that image made me laugh so hard. :D 

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:19 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Alaric's school makes an appearance. Not that I'm surprised at all, but at least Hope will get to be a normal kid with other supernaturals her age. Of course, that means we could get Alaric and Caroline as series regulars next season, which would be fine if it's the last season. I've accepted that Klaroline is most likely going to be a thing, so I'm over caring about my hate for the couple. I'm just going to ride it out and say "whatever". I've never been a fan of Klaus, although I like him better now, and I got sick and tired of Caroline around late season 5 on TVD and now can only tolerate her. 

I'd be happy to have Alaric, but Caroline needs to stay far far away. If only so we don't have to have Klaroline... I dislike Klaroline intensely.  

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 4
On 6/24/2017 at 0:45 PM, TigerLynx said:

I wish this had been the series finale.  Not only, can I see the idiot writers and producers screwing things up next season, but also ruining whatever good was left about TVD since Hope is now at Alaric and Caroline's school.

Ha! I thought the same thing, that Vincent did what he did to yes, save Hope, an innocent child, but also to kick the Mikaelsons the hell out of his city for good. 

ITA with those who think this ep would have made a good series finale. I dread what Plec has in store for next year. 

So this wasn't the series finale? Damn they seriously blew their load early. From this point on it can basically only go down hill and they'll never top this for the eventual actual finale.

I hope at least Elijah doesn't come back next season. I like him as much as the next guy, but he wasn't well used this season and he got a really nice and fitting end.

On 24.6.2017 at 1:29 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

That was my exact thought as well. Like guys, you can videochat. Yes, it's not quite the same as sitting around a table, but it's damn close.

You've also spent hundrets of years apart before. What can Hope's life span be? Even for a powerfull witch, maybe 200 years? After that the hollow is seriously weakened and you can put her back in her box, where she was before, at least I'd assume.

10 hours ago, Fireball said:

Now maybe I missed something and it was implied that if any of them contacted each other in the above ways the Hallow would somehow convince them that they needed to meet in person. I

Well, they at least never mentioned anthing of the sort and I don't see how that would work. They pretty blatently stated that the hollow won't have much power to do anything as long as the pieces are physically seperated by a good distance.

(edited)

I still feel like Hayley immediately spilling the beans to Klaus (who still went through the ceremony without question and didn't retaliate in any way....he just left) was meant to show that Vincent was wrong not to at least tell Klaus. Klaus, the vampire that even Vincent admitted not 3-episodes ago was trying to be a better person (while also being honest and telling him that he still had a waaaays to go).  That, and it makes his heartfelt thank you to them in the end come off as very hollow (no pun intended)

This show has done a hell of a lot better job at "redeeming" the bad  brother than the mother show did. Who knew that facing all the bad sh*t that you've done, acknowledging why you did it and then coming to the conclusion that it still doesn't excuse it (and being downright contrite about it) would go a long way? I think part of it too is that Klaus doesn't end up with everything he wanted. In fact, he ended up with nothing; he can never see his daughter again or his family and the love of his life ---Caroline who?--- is dead and gone. Elijah (the noble brother) is truly free of his family, Rebekah and Marcel can be with each other, Freya has Keelin, Hope has friends and her mother, and Kol gets to be with his witch. The show should've ended here.

Next season is sure to undo all the good this finale has done. JP is sure to go back on her "Trump winning made me rethink glorifying abusive relationships" stance and have Caroline and Klaus flirting it up all next season if only to appease the shippers. The Mikaelson's are gonna be forced back together, blah blah blah, another terrible ending.

Edited by Gwen-Stacys
  • Love 4

Word to you entire post, @doram! I think the other thing to keep in mind is that even when you have convinced the loved ones in your life that you have changed, that's all well and good for them but that doesn't mean squat to the other non-family/friends who you have hurt. The reason so many people were coming for Klaus in S3 was because he had turned/tortured/killed so many random people. That's why Sofya was helping Lucien get the last of the white oak last season - Klaus slaughtered her entire family at a wedding and she wanted revenge. Do you think people like Sofya care if Klaus says he is now a nice guy because he has a daughter? HELL NO.

Similarly, great if Hayley is now on this "killing is bad" thing (even though she's actually STILL fine with killing if it's to protect Hope) but that doesn't erase the fact that she let 12 hybrids get slaughtered so she could get info from Professor Shane. In fact, that was even worse IMO because she knew them and they trusted her and she betrayed them for her own selfish gain. Being a good mom and swearing off murdering is nice, but that doesn't unkill those hybrids. I'm pretty sure that their families don't give a rat's ass that she's turned over a new leaf because of Hope. That wasn't self defense - that was a straight up deliberate blood sacrifice.

No one thought that Giles was just being overly sensitive for not trusting Angel after he killed Jenny and tortured Giles. His wariness was presented as logical and understandable. When Giles found out that Angel had been resurrected and Buffy was doing tai chi with him, he rightfully told her why he felt so betrayed by this and Buffy knew that there was nothing she could say to change his mind. Emotionally that makes a lot more sense than everyone in TVD-verse being okay with "oh, hey, you killed me again - no hard feelings!" At least with Stefan, he felt remorse and a ton of Angel-esque emo guilt over what he'd done as a ripper. Damon, Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and Kol treat all of their murders as nothing more than an everyday activity and don't regret 99% of the things they've done. They have spent centuries rationalizing that they will do whatever it takes to evade Mikael and stay together and then somehow extended that to being okay with torturing, killing, and turning humans just for funsies - particularly Klaus. Anyone who annoys me in the least deserves torture, death, and/or becoming a vampire. Remember Klaus did that because some woman at the inn where they were staying was coughing too loud. OBVIOUSLY that's a good enough reason! For all of the talk in this episode about how Klaus needs his siblings to keep him under control, they were complicit in murders like that because they were like, 'Oh, that's just Klaus being Klaus again!"

• Love 3

Oh I don't disagree with your point at all. The Mikaelson's are horrible people, and I even said that Klaus' end of being forever alone was satisfying because he has been a horrible person for so long. My problem is Vincent keeping that this will be the last time he see's his daughter. Especially since his reasoning was that the Mikaelson's are arrogant and would throw a hissy fit over it...which Rebekah did, but they went through with it in the end. And it makes zero sense in that he left the full brunt of that revelation on Hayley's back. Meaning, she'd be the run having to be underhanded and take their child in the middle of the night and run. And unless he'd already told Marcel (which he hadn't), how did he think he was going to keep Klaus (and Freya too, for that matter) from tracking Hayley down after all? Like....it makes zero sense! The only way you could even reason it out is that he was just being petty for the sake of being petty....YMMV but that whole plot point I had a problem with and that was where my annoyance with Vincent (who I normally don't mind) lay.

• Love 1

I find Davina annoying- why couldn't they have sent her back to her ancestors for eternity, if they are bringing back people- why not Camille she was a better match for Klaus. I would like to see the mikaelsons together again and truly defeat the hollow and a happy ending for Klaus

• Love 1

That would have been a perfect ending to the series.  There's no way they're gonna be able to top it.

I wish they would have filmed an alternate ending.  I guess they were so sure of cancellation that Plec & Co. just didn't bother, but you never know with TV networks.  I'm afraid that when the fifth season starts, it's going to be one big mess.

I'm glad it was renewed but damn, this is why you prepare in advance.

• Love 1
On 7/6/2017 at 9:46 PM, Utpe said:

That would have been a perfect ending to the series.  There's no way they're gonna be able to top it.

I wish they would have filmed an alternate ending.  I guess they were so sure of cancellation that Plec & Co. just didn't bother, but you never know with TV networks.  I'm afraid that when the fifth season starts, it's going to be one big mess.

I'm glad it was renewed but damn, this is why you prepare in advance.

Yeah. I also second everyone that said it's the 21st century- they could FaceTime/email etc constantly and be fine. 

I have a question though- Hope is a witch with the werewolf gene, assuming she never kills anyone and triggers the curse (I don't think they had her kill anyone as the Hollow) and doesn't use sleeping spells etc to extend her life (like Freya and Dahlia did) she will live a normal human lifespan yes? Once Hope is deceased Haley and Elijah could be together if they wanted, although Elijah would need to stay away from Hope's children (if she had any). 

Okay WHY was Klaus in the same town as Elijah when he knew he wasn't supposed to be anywhere near him?!!! Elijah looked as if Klaus was vauguely familiar to him and it was then I realized that Marcel had compelled him to forget his entire family. 

I suppose Marcel has given up being King of NOLA to be with Rebecca- so perhaps Vincent is running the supernatural scene around there?