Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Aporia

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Bunnygirl said:

Begging your pardon, but I looked it up ( on 2 sites), and his character is listed as V.M. Vargas. :)

Well shit! I'll eat my words, they've got it listed as Varga in one episode, then in "Variety" and TV guide, he's listed as Vargas.  So, Varga it is. :)

On 2017-06-17 at 1:55 PM, Rumbletone said:

Anyone knows what Meemo is listening too in the truck scene ?
I know its piano classical but anyone know any more ?

Thx!

I really hope that Meemo will get sufficient satisfactioni from listening to that piece of music to last him for the rest of his life.

Why? Well, if by some  miracle, he should happen to survive the Finale, he should be spending the rest of his life in prison. The last I heard, they do not permit prisoners to listen to their own music in their cells.

So, maybe for those people who despise criminals, it will serve Meemo right if he enjoys this piece. Because if he winds up in prison for the rest of his life, it is unlikely he will be able to listen to it again - very often.

Personally, I really do not like criminals and I think they deserve to live out the remainder of their lives with some measure of unhappiness. I don't have much sympathy for any creep that thinks it's OK to do bodily harm to people who have never done any harm to them. So, I won't squawk if he is left to suffer.

• Love 1

I complained early on about the heavy use of bodily fluids in this season but now I must say how HILARIOUS the "Rocky Road" scene was.

Absolute perfection; Varga, Rocky Road, toilet stall. What more can you ask for!

This episode got the most mileage out of those horrible teefus in Thewlis' maw. The scowl when on the phone with Nikki, the look when Meemo came back after the hijacking, and the range of expressions in conversation with Nikki at the hotel. The Emmy goes to the Teefus!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Bunnygirl said:

Begging your pardon, but I looked it up ( on 2 sites), and his character is listed as V.M. Vargas. :)

99.9999999% sure that those sites are wrong. The 0.0000001% allows for the possibility that you are visiting from an alternate universe in which the character's name is Vargas. ;-)

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

99.9999999% sure that those sites are wrong. The 0.0000001% allows for the possibility that you are visiting from an alternate universe in which the character's name is Vargas. ;-)

#teamberenstein

*relurk*

• Love 2

I'm glad to see Varga(s) is taking some hits, particularly since it's at the hands of somebody who just does not give a damn about who gets hurt in the process (FWIW, I'm assuming that last week's Bowling Alley was some sort of supernatural sorting house that determines who lives & dies - so Nikki & Mr Wrench are alive and mortal). As for how they managed to predict what Vargas would do - well, they've had three months to work on their plan, learn where the players hung out (and Nikki would at least know who Yuri was, as well as they were involved with Ray, so a simple stake out would probably get most of the info they wanted). I also assume that it was Nikki who sent the info to the IRS (not quite sure how she got it to the exact right person, though) - she clearly didn't care about how much she suffers (possibly terminally, if Vargas puts his mind to it) given how she passed up $1m just to hurt him.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:15 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Emmit's confession was riveting. So he did trick Ray....well, still doesn't justify the whole stupid feud.

Not really? It was a free choice - I have a feeling that whatever way (Car v Stamp) the choice went, Emmit would have been more successful. And if all you cared about was getting laid, "Wanna come for a ride in my car?" is rather more likely to be successful than "Would you like to see my stamp collection?" (or so I'd imagine).

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:14 AM, AzureOwl said:

The Widow is Up To Something

I'm coming round to the theory that they're in it together (though I don't think they're married). Vargas undermines the company from within and the Widow Goldfarb picks up the pieces at a knock down price when the company collapses.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, MissBluxom said:

Why do people just keep assuming that Emmit is a murderer?

In show or out? Within the story, because he confessed. The police are looking for a conviction and if a man walks in and says he committed the crime, that's a pretty solid case - they're not obliged to look out for Emmit's best interests (quite the reverse, in fact). From an external viewpoint, he isn't a murderer, he's probably guilty of some degree of Manslaughter, though he could have done more to save his brother and was complicit in cleaning up the crime scene afterwards, which isn't going to look good if it comes to court.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:46 PM, Rumbletone said:

No he [Meemo] was stationed in a hotel room, its pretty clear.

Aside from which, I want a fair degree of privacy when I'm about to assassinate somebody (I mean IF I was about to assassinate somebody)! Did like Vargas' Thomas Crown Affair solution to not being recognised.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, Haiti D said:

On a more crude note, I wonder if Nikki and Wrench are banging?!

That hadn't occurred to me, but I did start to wonder if Winnie was making a pass at Gloria when they hugged (I may be blowing it WAY out of proportion, but it did immediately follow expressing dissatisfaction with her husband).

• Love 1

That was a pretty great episode. It had just the right amount of Varga which was nice. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if they had shown that Nikki had learned sign language in the last few months.

On 6/16/2017 at 12:40 AM, LittleIggy said:

That briefcase is probably "full of dirty underwear." Ha! The "whites"! And David Thewliss was in The Big Lebowski.

As soon as she said that I laughed. Varga tried to give her a fucking ringer.

On 6/16/2017 at 6:44 PM, Ellaria Sand said:

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. As I said, having Nikki acting alone is too convenient and stretches credulity. From what has been presented to us so far, it makes more sense that someone else is involved and working with her. Also, we still don't know who was "gaslighting" Emmit.  

Well Nikki is working with Wrench now right. A guy who from childhood was probably Hanzee's protege. So that alone would give her a huge boost in criminal fighting skills.