Type keyword(s) to search

Predictions for the FINAL Season

A new scenario I considered: Elizabeth gets arrested but when she goes to take the cyanide pill she finds Philip has removed it. Philip mounts a retrieval plan like Harvest, for E during a prisoner transport. Paige is forbidden by Philip from helping but Claudia goes behind his back and lets her help as part of her final training. In the shootout Philip has to kill Stan. Paige does ok but the Jennings are so pissed at Claudia for endangering her that Elizabeth kills Claudia. 

I know this isn’t super-likely, just trying to imagine how they could efficiently bring to a head all the conflicts or confrontations we’d want to see. 

(edited)

That sounds amusing.  I'm just trying to figure out why they would arrest E and not P too.  

I'm all over the place on this ending.  I keep coming back to the family on a plane bound for Russia or at least E and P going back.  (If Philip survives it.)  With Paige and Henry staying in USA.  The only way that would work, is if Stan doesn't pursue P and E.  Then, Henry and Paige could continue to live their lives and pretend their parents moved abroad never to return or died.  But, I can't see Stan letting that go.  He might use Henry and Paige to coerce P and E to return.  Still hard to imagine.  

So, I try to envision any scenario that P & E don't die or secretly escape to Russia.  If they get arrested and go to prison, what happens to Paige and Henry?  Assuming that Paige is not arrested too. I realize that she could possibly get charged, but, wonder how likely Stan would come upon that information before the season finale.  

So, here's one, P is killed protecting E, E and Paige escape to Russian and Henry is left at the boarding school, with his fate not disclosed in the finale.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, here's one, P is killed protecting E, E and Paige escape to Russian and Henry is left at the boarding school, with his fate not disclosed in the finale.  

It would be pretty funny if Philip's dead, Elizabeth's arrested and then dead, Paige is arrested and confused and then the last shot is just Henry at boarding school not having heard about it.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

It would be pretty funny if Philip's dead, Elizabeth's arrested and then dead, Paige is arrested and confused and then the last shot is just Henry at boarding school not having heard about it.

Yeah, I mean it could show Henry sitting in class as Stan approaches the door and ask to see him.  Stan tells Henry that he has some news about his family and he and Henry walk outside to talk.  

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I mean it could show Henry sitting in class as Stan approaches the door and ask to see him.  Stan tells Henry that he has some news about his family and he and Henry walk outside to talk.  

Part of me likes that, but then we totally miss Henry’s response. I’d like to see it. 

I’ve come to feel an arrest is an anti climatic, uninteresting wrap up. They could make it good, but right now, it doesn’t do much for me.

• Love 1

If I really get wild, I envision that Stan sits on P & E intel.  (Aderholt and others are chipping away at it.)  However, Stan confronts P.  They honestly share.  Stan allows P, E and Paige to leave.  Oleg helps too.  Oleg, P, E and Paige leave.  Claudia gets killed.  Stan goes to Henry to comfort him.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I wouldn't even want that. That would make it seem like the ending of the show is Henry and Stan talking to each other. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sistermagpie said:

Oh, I wouldn't even want that. That would make it seem like the ending of the show is Henry and Stan talking to each other. 

Yeah....I keep coming back to that.  Maybe, it's because what can they do with Henry......I can't see him running to board a plane with a moment's notice or even going into hiding. 

Based on the description of episode 9 that was just posted, I can think of three situations that might fit "Philip has an encounter that turns into much more than he had bargained for."

1) Father Andrei - maybe he sees Father Andrei being questioned/arrested and barely escapes capture himself. He knows he and Elizabeth may be blown.

2) Oleg - maybe he sees Oleg being arrested (by FBI) or kidnapped (by KGB). The latter would put him on high alert regarding his own safety from the KGB. 

3) Stan - maybe Stan asks him if Elizabeth is involved in drug dealing, based on a possible positive identification from Curtis. How would he talk his way out of that one? He'd be mentally planning their getaway every second of that conversation, IMO.

• Love 2
(edited)

Good ideas above. I do think that P and Oleg are not supposed to be together, after that last meeting. Too risky.  But, I suppose that he could get a tip off from someone. Maybe, P goes to the Priest for counsel and sees him being questioned or gets warned by the Priest that they are on to them.

I'm not sure if Stan would confront P outright, if E is not in custody, because, Stan would realize that by doing so, they tip their hand and E will go underground or vanish out of the country. How long would E attempt to reach P, before she would realize that he is in custody? 

I hope they remember their secret codes that warn the other that all hell has broken loose and to get out ASAP.   What did E use with the Harvest guy?  Mother is expecting you.  They may have to say, Mother is REALLY expecting you right now! lol

Or maybe they have one that fits in to the travel agency shop talk, like, "The Crammers are dying to see London this year and they insist on getting there ASAP. Can you arrange for that to happen, ASAP?"  That would mean, our cover is blown, no time for anything, but, getting the hell out of dodge. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Here are my final predictions at this point.

• Paige may die via jumping into the Potomac, as noted in another thread by some astute posters.  (baptism, swimming pool, all kinds of Paige water images during the run of the show.)
  • I really think Philip dies saving Stan from a bullet or knife, probably from Elizabeth
  • Elizabeth escapes back to the USSR and meets up with Misha, she tells Misha about his father, and they develop a parent/child vibe, since Henry is still back in the USA, and Paige is dead.  Musical montage of the two of them ends the show, complete with flashbacks.
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'd be okay with that (above).  I don't want P to get killed, but, it's pretty inevitable. 

So, the lady who E tends to will die too, right?  So, her, P and Paige may all go down?  Will Renee make it? Claudia?  I just thinking that Claudia should die. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Still think Renee is either a Russian spy or deep undercover CIA/FBI agent. Depending on which, I think she will either try to shoot Stan, or Phillip /Elizabeth. Paige may be snuck into Russia in Claudia’s last act. If Stan lives, he will look after Henry. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Still think Renee is either a Russian spy or deep undercover CIA/FBI agent. Depending on which, I think she will either try to shoot Stan, or Phillip /Elizabeth. Paige may be snuck into Russia in Claudia’s last act. If Stan lives, he will look after Henry. 

Yeah, but, under what scenario would Henry be able to live here?  I mean, if his parents' illegal status is discovered.  I see no option for him to continue to stay here....unless Stan pulls some strings. Stan, oh, Stan....he's dim, but, seems to pull miracles out of the air. lol 

41 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, but, under what scenario would Henry be able to live here?  I mean, if his parents' illegal status is discovered.  I see no option for him to continue to stay here....unless Stan pulls some strings. Stan, oh, Stan....he's dim, but, seems to pull miracles out of the air. lol 

Folks, any person born within the borders of the United States is a legitimate, legal, U.S. citizen. Henry is a complletely legitimate U.S. citizen, regardless of what his parents have done. Furthermore, he is less than a year away from becoming an adult, and there is zero chance of his parents exercising custodial authority, to force him to accompany them back to the U.S.S.R., even in the extremely unlikely event that they get to the point of being able to attempt to exercise that authority. Finally, Henry has not been engaged in any criminal activity.

There is no realistic, legal, authority that could result in Henry being deported.

• Love 6
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Folks, any person born within the borders of the United States is a legitimate, legal, U.S. citizen. Henry is a complletely legitimate U.S. citizen, regardless of what his parents have done. Furthermore, he is less than a year away from becoming an adult, and there is zero chance of his parents exercising custodial authority, to force him to accompany them back to the U.S.S.R., even in the extremely unlikely event that they get to the point of being able to attempt to exercise that authority. Finally, Henry has not been engaged in any criminal activity.

There is no realistic, legal, authority that could result in Henry being deported.

Apparently, you are correct, based on this article.  It details what has happened to Russian spies and their American born children.  Some go back to Russia, others live abroad, but, some stay or have the right to return.  Good to know!  Okay.  So, there is hope for young Henry after all.  Thanks Bannon. 

Warning some references to The Americans. I'm not sure how much of a spoiler, but, I'll put in tags, just in case.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Apparently, you are correct, based on this article.  It details what has happened to Russian spies and their American born children.  Some go back to Russia, others live abroad, but, some stay or have the right to return.  Good to know!  Okay.  So, there is hope for young Henry after all.  Thanks Bannon. 

Warning some references to The Americans. I'm not sure how much of a spoiler, but, I'll put in tags, just in case.

I think you posted the wrong link.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Bannon said:

I think you posted the wrong link.

I know. It's weird.  I copied the link on the article, but, it gives the article below it. I'm trying to figure it out.................................................................I think the one upthead is correct now. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

The USA would never require a female spy to marry or even sleep with some other US spy.  It's absurd.  I'm not saying US spies overseas never used sex with agents or sources, but on US soil?  Equal Rights was already passed, and that's a lawsuit waiting to happen, not to mention a HUGE embarrassment for the agency and the President.  IF she's a spy?  She's Russian.

I also don't see Stan officially "looking after" or adopting Henry.  Maybe privately.  Henry is old enough and responsible enough to be emancipated.  He can kiss that expensive boarding school goodbye though, unless someone takes pity on him (maybe his friend's dad?) and pays for it on the sly. 

3 hours ago, Bannon said:

I think that's true, but my only question is similar to the case in Canada.  Is there some obscure law on our books as well?  In Canada they stripped the KGB agents kids of their Citizenship.  They were born in Canada, but the parents were spying in the USA, where the family was living at the time.  The kids were sent to Russia with the parents.  Now they mostly hang out in Asia, still fighting to get their Canadian Citizenship returned.

It's quite possible we have something similar in our laws, some obscure thing that doesn't REALLY relate to the case at hand, but does a bit.  In Canada it was a law to avoid Canadian-born children of foreign embassy people having both citizenship and diplomatic immunity.  The legal argument is that even though the parents WERE foreign agents, they were not attached to the embassy.  It can get murky.

Either way, Henry will always be suspect.  His life is screwed.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

The USA would never require a female spy to marry or even sleep with some other US spy.  It's absurd.  I'm not saying US spies overseas never used sex with agents or sources, but on US soil?  Equal Rights was already passed, and that's a lawsuit waiting to happen, not to mention a HUGE embarrassment for the agency and the President.  IF she's a spy?  She's Russian.

I also don't see Stan officially "looking after" or adopting Henry.  Maybe privately.  Henry is old enough and responsible enough to be emancipated.  He can kiss that expensive boarding school goodbye though, unless someone takes pity on him (maybe his friend's dad?) and pays for it on the sly. 

I think that's true, but my only question is similar to the case in Canada.  Is there some obscure law on our books as well?  In Canada they stripped the KGB agents kids of their Citizenship.  They were born in Canada, but the parents were spying in the USA, where the family was living at the time.  The kids were sent to Russia with the parents.  Now they mostly hang out in Asia, still fighting to get their Canadian Citizenship returned.

It's quite possible we have something similar in our laws, some obscure thing that doesn't REALLY relate to the case at hand, but does a bit.  In Canada it was a law to avoid Canadian-born children of foreign embassy people having both citizenship and diplomatic immunity.  The legal argument is that even though the parents WERE foreign agents, they were not attached to the embassy.  It can get murky.

Either way, Henry will always be suspect.  His life is screwed.

Canada does not constitutionally guarantee citizenship to anyone born within Canadian borders. It is a matter of simple legislation. There is no mechanism to strip a U.S. citizen of their citizenship, unless the citizen formally renounces citizenship, or pledges allegiance to a foreign power. Or, to go extremely unlikely, bordering on the impossible, an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution were passed. Henry is a citizen, period.

I really disagree that Henry is screwed. Get him a good ghostwriter and agent, and I think he has a best selling memoir that makes him wealthy. I see him as a guest for Johnny Carson's show. 

• Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

To me the main thing is that the show doesn't take place entirely in our universe--if it did Elizabeth and Philip wouldn't be doing all the stuff the do. So the show can do whatever it wants. If it wanted to go the way it happened with the Canadian kids it would. If it wants to say Henry's safely a US citizen it can easily do that too.

20 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

At this point Stan being Henry's father seems such an assumed ending I want it blown up completely. It's funny because the main reason people see it happening is that there are so many scenes of them getting along and connecting. But that's just like with Paige and Pastor Tim--we fight with the people we're closest too. Henry's snarky to his parents a lot because he's most comfortable with them. Less so with Elizabeth now (but even there he sees something beneath her apparent disinterest), but there's a reason Philip is the person he actually worries about--he's family. That's also why he was comfortable complaining about them running out at  moment's notice when the phone rang, exactly the kind of behavior Stan was worried about. He knows their habits.

If there is one thing I have no idea about it's what's going to happen with Henry--not in terms of where he'll end up but just even how he'll find out about his parents. But the fact that Stan's about to bust them and feel betrayed by them...I understand why people imagine the dust clearing with the two guys who were in the dark being left with each other, but that just seems way to easy for a show with so many complicated relationships. Henry's not a child anymore. Stan already has a son with whom he's always going to have a complicated relationship. Henry has a father with whom he's always going to have a complicated relationship even if he's dead. I don't remember Henry even exchanging a single line with Stan's wife, who's into babies, not 6 foot tall teenagers.

7 minutes ago, Bannon said:

I really disagree that Henry is screwed. Get him a good ghostwriter and agent, and I think he has a best selling memoir that makes him wealthy. I see him as a guest for Johnny Carson's show. 

Yeah, I could easily see him having a successful life and wouldn't even see staying at the boarding school as out of the question.

ETA: Although of course none of that takes into question the psychological blow he'd be experiencing. He might go off the rails too much to just continue his life the way it was.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 1
(edited)

If we see the future at all- I think one big problem for Henry is people simply aren’t likely to trust him. Henry knows the value of networking; it’s worked for him so far. But- doors can also be slammed in your face just as easily because they know you. If it’s common knowledge his parents were spies, he’s unlikely to be a popular or trusted person. 

It won’t matter that Henry really didn’t know. There will always be people who think otherwise. 

What would Henry have to say that anyone would care to read? His parents kept weird hours. That’s about all he has. He wasn’t even suspicious of them. Paige was. He really thought his parents were pretty boring. 

Edited by Erin9
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Erin9 said:

If we see the future at all- I think one big problem for Henry is people simply aren’t likely to trust him. Henry knows the value of networking; it’s worked for him so far. But- doors can also be slammed in your face just as easily because they know you. If it’s common knowledge his parents were spies, he’s unlikely to be a popular or trusted person. 

It won’t matter that Henry really didn’t know. There will always be people who think otherwise. 

What would Henry have to say that anyone would care to read? His parents kept weird hours. That’s about all he has. He wasn’t even suspicious of them. Paige was. He really thought his parents were pretty boring. 

You know, that makes me think of something else. Really, the biggest way he could protect himself would be to come out as totally rah-rah American and completely reject his parents. Frame himself as the victim--which of course he is. But not just a victim because he was lied to but because he hates those terrible Russians etc. Take control of the narrative and present himself as wanting revenge.

And if he genuinely feels that enraged then he can do that, but that doesn't seem like who Henry is so far. (Though again, you never know how someone will react in response to this kind of trauma--the spirit of Jared hovers over them all.) If he has an instinct to be protective of his family even when hurt, that could make him miss his chance to be embraced by everyone. Everyone would always wonder if he didn't really always know.

It would also be a choice similar to the kinds of Philip makes, though.

You know, that makes me think of something else. Really, the biggest way he could protect himself would be to come out as totally rah-rah American and completely reject his parents. Frame himself as the victim--which of course he is. But not just a victim because he was lied to but because he hates those terrible Russians etc. Take control of the narrative and present himself as wanting revenge.

And if he genuinely feels that enraged then he can do that, but that doesn't seem like who Henry is so far. (Though again, you never know how someone will react in response to this kind of trauma--the spirit of Jared hovers over them all.) If he has an instinct to be protective of his family even when hurt, that could make him miss his chance to be embraced by everyone. Everyone would always wonder if he didn't really always know.

But- then people can say he sounds too over the top. Like he’s trying too hard. Seems like a no-win situation to me. 

The funny thing is- Henry can be angry and hateful if he wants to, it would be somewhat understandable, but the kid literally doesn’t exist if his parents aren’t spies. He probably won’t know it, but it’s true. 

(edited)

That's what the kids here (but born in Canada) did try to do.  They've been fighting for years.  Also, their parents in Russia now have been sending them money.

The suspicion follows them everywhere.  They are most comfortable in Asia now, but they want to come "home."  Hell, I'm torn about whether they were already being groomed/in like Paige is with the KGB.  They vehemently deny that, and have some evidence on their side.  (all of this in the real spy thread though.)

I think it will follow Henry as well.  In fact, I'm positive it would, by many people. 

As we've pointed out, that private school is an ideal set up for a future embedded spy, among other things.  That alone might raise eyebrows.

I'm not a constitutional lawyer, or indeed, a lawyer at all, and I have no idea what obscure laws may be on the books, or if it would even go that way. 

Almost there!  I can't wait until this all is resolved!  I'm pretty excited to see where they will go with it all!

(I still say Philip saves Stan's life though!  hee)

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Erin9 said:

But- then people can say he sounds too over the top. Like he’s trying too hard. Seems like a no-win situation to me. 

The funny thing is- Henry can be angry and hateful if he wants to, it would be somewhat understandable, but the kid literally doesn’t exist if his parents aren’t spies. He probably won’t know it, but it’s true. 

2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I think it will follow Henry as well.  In fact, I'm positive it would, by many people. 

Oh, I agree. He's never going to be able to come out completely clean. But he could *try* -- he could even honestly *be* pissed off as an American and want to reject his parents.

But part of what I dislike about endings where he's just "taken in" by Stan (despite already being really too independent to become somebody's ward imo) is that it often goes along with the suggestion that Henry was already raised by Stan and Paige anyway because his parents ignored him and he has no feelings about them whatsoever. It makes Henry like an alien who has no normal feelings for family so if his parents are spies he'll just turn to the guy across the street he likes better anyway.

Plus it's strange because there's a family at the center of the show so it gets rid of one of the biggest dramatic things about it. Like if the point was to have a son who wasn't really a son, they could have just had a daughter. But really it seems to be simply that Henry is the kid they didn't tell and Paige is the one they did.

9 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Oh, ABSOLUTELY! This is America, where a celebrity can cut his wife's head off, and still sell autographs. Get Henry a great agent, and frame him as an actual sympathetic figure, with a good heart ("a percentage of proceeds are shared with the families of my parents' victims"), with a pro USA, anti USSR slant, as the Soviet Empire collapses? As  Kenny Bania would say, "That's GOLD! Henry, GOLD!"

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Oh, ABSOLUTELY! This is America, where a celebrity can cut his wife's head off, and still sell autographs. Get Henry a great agent, and frame him as an actual sympathetic figure, with a good heart ("a percentage of proceeds are shared with the families of my parents' victims"), with a pro USA, anti USSR slant, as the Soviet Empire collapses? As  Kenny Bania would say, "That's GOLD! Henry, GOLD!"

Although that makes me realize: do we know this would be a public thing? The deaths of other Illegals weren't public. There's good reason to think this might if the FBI finally captured somebody (or a lot of people) and could declare a win, but maybe we're wrong to assume there'd be any media circus surrounding Henry if he didn't intentionally create one to promote himself.

Of course, any arrests of his family would be on record even if it's not national news. The right people would know the truth even if the general public didn't. Those people probably wouldn't be impressed with Henry being a tabloid star.

• Love 1

Oh, I agree. He's never going to be able to come out completely clean. But he could *try* -- he could even honestly *be* pissed off as an American and want to reject his parents.

But part of what I dislike about endings where he's just "taken in" by Stan (despite already being really too independent to become somebody's ward imo) is that it often goes along with the suggestion that Henry was already raised by Stan and Paige anyway because his parents ignored him and he has no feelings about them whatsoever. It makes Henry like an alien who has no normal feelings for family so if his parents are spies he'll just turn to the guy across the street he likes better anyway.

Plus it's strange because there's a family at the center of the show so it gets rid of one of the biggest dramatic things about it. Like if the point was to have a son who wasn't really a son, they could have just had a daughter. But really it seems to be simply that Henry is the kid they didn't tell and Paige is the one they did.

I hate the idea of Henry with Stan. Hate. They had a superficial easy relationship. That’s it. Ask Matthew how much he enjoyed having Stan for a dad. 

It is that simple to me too. Paige knew. Henry didn’t. I find the narrative annoying too that Henry was some neglected kid and Stan is his “real” parent. I never saw that. Stan was no parent to him. He was a buddy. 

And the truth about his parents and however things end with them (and whatever role Stan plays in that) could very easily mess up the relationship they have. Is Henry going to thank Stan for, at the very least, investigating his parents? If nothing else- it blows HIS life up too. 

This show is about marriage and family first....the focus should be on his family. Not some substitute. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Although that makes me realize: do we know this would be a public thing? The deaths of other Illegals weren't public. There's good reason to think this might if the FBI finally captured somebody (or a lot of people) and could declare a win, but maybe we're wrong to assume there'd be any media circus surrounding Henry if he didn't intentionally create one to promote himself.

Of course, any arrests of his family would be on record even if it's not national news. The right people would know the truth even if the general public didn't. Those people probably wouldn't be impressed with Henry being a tabloid star.

If the FBI thinks it has solved several murders, including an Air Force General, and a Congressional Aide, they are not trying to keep it secret. 

(edited)
19 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

I’d wondered that too. It may or may not be public knowledge. I think it would be probably be public though.  Regardless- some people will know- and they’ll be pretty powerful people. It would be easy for doors to just shut on Henry. One way or another. Very easy. And highly likely. Would that boarding school even WANT him there even if he had the money? Probably not. 

And again- Henry has nothing of value or interest to say that people would pay to hear- even IF someone believes he knew nothing. There’s not a book he could write, a story he could tell on TV. He knew nothing.....so, as of now, he has nothing to say. It would just be silence. 

Edited by Erin9

In real life it was VERY public knowledge, and that certainly included information about the kids. 

The FBI isn't going to round up a group of embedded KGB spies and keep it to themselves.  Please.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Erin9 said:

I hate the idea of Henry with Stan. Hate. They had a superficial easy relationship. That’s it. Ask Matthew how much he enjoyed having Stan for a dad. 

I always loved that moment when Matthew comes to visit Stan for the first time in a while and he walks in and Henry's sprawled on the couch being Stan's buddy. He hangs out with the two of them for a while and then Stan leaves and says he's not coming back until...the next day.

But then, there's also the claim that Paige raised Henry because there are scenes of them at home alone together at night or in the afternoon. Even though there's not a single scene of Henry relating to her as a caregiver. If she's his mom why do they not speak now at Thanksgiving/

It's funny, actually, because even with Matthew he clearly knows Stan better than Henry does. He talks about him much the way Henry talked about his parents here. He thinks when Stan tells him about stuff at work it's his way of letting him know he's glad he's there. He sees him being all excited about Renee. He knew he was having an affair. He even identified him as someone who doesn't make things right when he's done something wrong. To Henry Stan doesn't have those kinds of deep flaws. He's a good guy who's pretty cool. It's his parents that he's come to see as flawed even if he can't quite get a handle on them without knowing the secret.

5 minutes ago, Erin9 said:

I’d wondered that too. It may or may not be public knowledge. But some people will know- and they’ll be pretty powerful people. It would be easy for doors to just shut on Henry. Very easy. And highly likely. Would that boarding school even WANT him there even if he had the money? Probably not. 

I honestly don't know how the boarding school would react. If it wasn't public maybe he would just still be the same kid he was before--still not given a free ride, but welcome as a good student with a scholarship. But if the right people didn't want their kids associating with him...that's that.

3 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

In real life it was VERY public knowledge, and that certainly included information about the kids. 

The FBI isn't going to round up a group of embedded KGB spies and keep it to themselves.  Please.

That is how it happened IRL but they haven't made public people like William. Not that he made for the same kind of story. But I could imagine a scenario on the show where they didn't go public.

Really, this is where I just get into "I have no idea" territory because who knows if it will even come up?

• Love 1
(edited)

It's a MAJOR coup for the FBI, and for the USA as well.

They aren't planning on just capturing Elizabeth and Philip, they want the whole shebang, just as it happened in real life (but it took a decade there of bugs, etc. to find them all.)

It would get press, the Intelligence Branches would want it too, they are always fighting for budgets and to prove their worth, to not be eliminated or underfunded.  Hell, if it wasn't a huge announcement with flags and whistles and rah rah USA I'd be astounded.  It would make absolutely NO sense at all to have a major win for the "good guys" and not shout it from the roof tops.

Back then, the USSR was our sworn enemy remember.  They still are, under Putin, but TPTB are ignoring that for payola.

Crap.  I just thought of a way it might be kept secret.  The fucking Disarmament Talks.  They might not want to jeopardize those.  Hell, is THAT why they needed the time jump?

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Crap.  I just thought of a way it might be kept secret.  The fucking Disarmament Talks.  They might not want to jeopardize those.  Hell, is THAT why they needed the time jump?

That is exactly what I was thinking. It would be Gary Powers 100x.

• Love 2
(edited)

I will be furious if that's they way they go. 

No aftermath, life goes on.  At the very least Paige's treason and murder case would have to be public, unless she, and probably Henry, who will also be under suspicion, agree to give up their citizenship and Moscow takes them in.

ETA

Paige dying would certainly simplify things, wouldn't it?

That said, I'd love to see her ass sent to Moscow.  Welcome to your cause comrade!

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3
On 5/15/2018 at 11:16 PM, Umbelina said:

Here are my final predictions at this point.

• Paige may die via jumping into the Potomac, as noted in another thread by some astute posters.  (baptism, swimming pool, all kinds of Paige water images during the run of the show.)
  • I really think Philip dies saving Stan from a bullet or knife, probably from Elizabeth
  • Elizabeth escapes back to the USSR and meets up with Misha, she tells Misha about his father, and they develop a parent/child vibe, since Henry is still back in the USA, and Paige is dead.  Musical montage of the two of them ends the show, complete with flashbacks.

I don't want Philip to die but admittedly, his dying to spare/save Stan would be emotionally satisfying (in a gut-punchy kind of way). 

Given what a dolt Paige is, I'd enjoy her leaping into the Anacostia, having no idea she was at the wrong river.

• Love 1

I want to see Elizabeth learn and take into every fiber of her being that the system she dedicated her life to simply doesn't work and all of the last 20 years were wasted.   I would love to see her have the realization that America's form of government and lifestyle are sustainable and sought after but I know that won't happen

• Love 3
(edited)
47 minutes ago, CaliCheeseSucks said:

I don't want Philip to die but admittedly, his dying to spare/save Stan would be emotionally satisfying (in a gut-punchy kind of way). 

Given what a dolt Paige is, I'd enjoy her leaping into the Anacostia, having no idea she was at the wrong river.

It would be incredibly unsatisfying for me. I just don’t like Stan enough for that. I don’t hate him, but I have no real investment in what happens to him. I’m just curious. 

And, while I have enjoyed Stan/Philip’s relationship, I’m not really buying right now that he’d opt to die for the man hunting them. Because that’s what Stan is doing now. He might hesitate to kill him, maybe, but die for him.....

Edited by Erin9

I think it's possible that some of Henry's friends at the boarding school will take him under a protective wing and help him get through high school and into a good college. Of course I could see them all shunning him as the son of Commie spies, but I feel like Henry's been set up as someone who is well-liked by not just his friends but their parents. Chris' dad wrote a recommendation letter for him. This other kid's dad talked to him about his business. It is plausible that some family would say "Henry deserves better, we will look out for him". If they are rich enough and well-connected enough, that could be enough to help ease Henry's way into adulthood.

As @sistermagpie said, he's going to have psychological damage from this. But he has been shown to be a go-getter in a way that makes me think they want us to believe he might be able to get through this, unlike his sister. 

I do not see Henry ending up with Stan. If anything, I see an end to his friendship with Stan. If Stan is involved in taking down his parents and sister, he will see it as a personal betrayal. Uncle Stan was not there to help the family when the chips were down. That would hurt Henry. 

• Love 2

I have not spent any time in the "what if" threads until today, tired of the episode thread that stopped being about the episode.  What I wonder is how they plot out the outcomes in only the final episode or two.  There has to be a discovery at some point, and sure, as you all have noted, some death involved.  Then what?  I don't expect them to fade to black, nor do I expect an entire episode devoted to wrapping up the loose ends.  There will be some loose ends and some resolution (by death or arrest), but how much time will the series devote to the post-climax of the plot -- after the deaths, or after the arrests?  Half an hour?  Five minutes of Stan shaking his head and comforting Henry?  I have zero clue of what comes next, and plan to keep it that way (a spoiler or two was on this thread, so I won't be back here), but I am curious about what the satisfaction-to-disappointment ratio will be when we get to the final credits. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, CaliCheeseSucks said:

This made me LOL thinking of Apollonia jumping into the wrong lake in Purple Rain. "That's not Lake Minnetonka.". Would Paige have seen that movie? Did they go see R-rated movies? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, hellmouse said:

This made me LOL thinking of Apollonia jumping into the wrong lake in Purple Rain. "That's not Lake Minnetonka.". Would Paige have seen that movie? Did they go see R-rated movies? 

I was a little younger than Paige is and I saw Purple Rain! Not that it was appropriate for a minor but good music :)

3 minutes ago, jjj said:

I have not spent any time in the "what if" threads until today, tired of the episode thread that stopped being about the episode.  What I wonder is how they plot out the outcomes in only the final episode or two.  There has to be a discovery at some point, and sure, as you all have noted, some death involved.  Then what?  I don't expect them to fade to black, nor do I expect an entire episode devoted to wrapping up the loose ends.  There will be some loose ends and some resolution (by death or arrest), but how much time will the series devote to the post-climax of the plot -- after the deaths, or after the arrests?  Half an hour?  Five minutes of Stan shaking his head and comforting Henry?  I have zero clue of what comes next, and plan to keep it that way (a spoiler or two was on this thread, so I won't be back here), but I am curious about what the satisfaction-to-disappointment ratio will be when we get to the final credits. 

I don't think they've plotted this season well whatsoever. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, hellmouse said:

I do not see Henry ending up with Stan. If anything, I see an end to his friendship with Stan. If Stan is involved in taking down his parents and sister, he will see it as a personal betrayal. Uncle Stan was not there to help the family when the chips were down. That would hurt Henry. 

That's what I kind of hope for. When the chips are down you don't just jump to a new boat and don't look back. This is kind of what happened with the Tims. Paige told them and then was shocked and offended when it turned out Pastor Tim told his wife. Because that's his actual family. It was like suddenly the divisions that should have been obvious were clear. Plus he was just another adult, not some perfect leader.

Henry doesn't see Stan as a leader or even perfect, maybe, but at this point he's not being honest with Henry either. I get why, of course, but the guy's got suspicions about his parents and he's not talking about it with Henry, he's asking sneaky questions to get more evidence for his suspicions. He's not an uncle talking to Henry about family issues, he's an FBI agent studying a family that isn't his.

I just feel like that line of Henry's ought to be significant. He's talking about being annoyed at his parents running out for work but his mother going away for 3 months was just what she had to do because Aunt Helen was family.

• Love 3

We met a guy on vacation who realized 2 years into a 23 year marriage, that he was gay.  His children (tragically) haven't spoken to him in 13 years.  I think Henry will be even more angry at the deception his parents have visited upon him, than vacation guy's kids.  Of course if one or both of his parents are dead, that will only serve to further destroy Henry.  His sister has been in on the lie too.  I think he'd be horrified to be sent to Russia...so that is probably what will happen!  I'm going to predict that Paige dies, Elizabeth goes to a US prison for the rest of her life and Phillip takes Henry "home" to Russia for a miserable existence.  I predict Stan will be considered a hero and will get a huge promotion, when by rights he should be drummed out of the FBI.  As for Renee, she will be the agent of Paige's destruction, possibly in order to save Stan's life.  I think she won't be an agent of any organization, just a protective wife.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

We met a guy on vacation who realized 2 years into a 23 year marriage, that he was gay.  His children (tragically) haven't spoken to him in 13 years.  I think Henry will be even more angry at the deception his parents have visited upon him, than vacation guy's kids.  Of course if one or both of his parents are dead, that will only serve to further destroy Henry.  His sister has been in on the lie too.  I think he'd be horrified to be sent to Russia...so that is probably what will happen!  I'm going to predict that Paige dies, Elizabeth goes to a US prison for the rest of her life and Phillip takes Henry "home" to Russia for a miserable existence.  I predict Stan will be considered a hero and will get a huge promotion, when by rights he should be drummed out of the FBI.  As for Renee, she will be the agent of Paige's destruction, possibly in order to save Stan's life.  I think she won't be an agent of any organization, just a protective wife.  

That is such a sad story about the guy on vacation. 

I like your prediction!  Renee killing Paige will be oddly satisfying. 

• Love 2

My guess: Paige ends up in Russia. P/E - one gets killed, one takes his/her own life. Henry stays in the US. Oleg will not see his family again.

If both, P and E, make it back to Russia they would fall apart - there is no common cause to unite them and their marriage had to put up with too much pressure already - (it makes me think of 'The Bridges of Madison County', where the happy ending would not have lasted). If only one survives he/she would be emotianlly crushed - I doubt Philip would return home to be with Martha and Mischa, thats just too utopian. Elizabeth for all her hard exterior, would be utterly heartbroken without Philip and on returning home she would not recognize Russia as the country she remembers.

Logistically, with Henry back at school, there just isn't time to get him out when push comes to shove. Maybe Paige gets out with Claudia - and to be honest, having her confronted with the reality she foolishly chose, would be very rewarding.

I was also thinking that Henry is the loose end here.  The other's futures are pretty settled.  Arrested, deported, or killed.  Henry's is much more complicated.

Henry dying would probably solve some story issues.  Hell, maybe Henry jumps in front of Stan to save him?

I think next week's "Jennings, Elizabeth" may be what is on a toe tag in a morgue. Claudia's KGB faction has to try to kill Liz, lest Liz gets them all sent to a gulag, or executed, for plotting a murderous coup.

It would throw things for a loop to have Liz whacked in the penultimate episode, and then have one more week to deal with the fallout.

• Love 1

My predictions have been wrong but that won’t stop me from speculating:

-With the FBI and KGB after them and cut off from the Centre’s resources the Jennings will have to go to Stavos’ apartment as a safe house. He will take them in out of loyalty. And because he’s scared of Elizabeth (and confides he always has been, in the only bit of mirth we’ll get in the last episodes)

-Elizabeth will force feed the cyanide pill to Claudia

-We may never see Henry again

• Love 2