Type keyword(s) to search

Predictions for the FINAL Season

1 hour ago, BingeyKohan said:

My predictions have been wrong but that won’t stop me from speculating:

-With the FBI and KGB after them and cut off from the Centre’s resources the Jennings will have to go to Stavos’ apartment as a safe house. He will take them in out of loyalty. And because he’s scared of Elizabeth (and confides he always has been, in the only bit of mirth we’ll get in the last episodes)

-Elizabeth will force feed the cyanide pill to Claudia

-We may never see Henry again

But what happens to mail robot?

• Love 3
(edited)

Call me crazy, but I'm trying to figure out a way that things go on.  If Stan is killed, and thus silenced, will P and E be allowed to continue to live their lives, without spying and without interference from Russia? The FBI isn't on to the Jennings, so they don't connect anything. And the sketches get put back into the file drawer. But who would kill Stan?

Maybe, Renee finds that photo of Elizabeth cut out of the photo album and in Stan's wallet and thinks that Stan has the hots for her. THAT's why Stan has been staring at the Jennings drive way And THAT's why Elizabeth couldn't come to Thanksgiving Dinner.  She feels guilty.  Renee suspects an affair.  So, she goes into a rage and shoots Stan with his service revolver! Oh, yeah, that's too bizarre. lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

You'll often hear showrunners talk about the next-to-last episode being the finale in their mind, and the actual last episode is more just for true wrap-up and resolution. I almost felt like, except for a few moments we still need to see, this could have been the finale - seeing Elizabeth turn this corner. I'm definitely curious to watch the rest play out but I'm also satisfied.

• Love 2
(edited)

There would be a kind of closure if Liz gets whacked in trying to foil the kill mission she refused to do. Maybe she's keeping an eye on the target, sees Claudia's minions make a move, Liz steps in, and gets killed herself.

Edited by Bannon
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Bannon said:

There would be a kind of closure if Liz gets whacked in trying to foil the kill mission she refused tho do. Maybe she's keeping an eye on the target, sees Claudia's minions make a move, Liz steps in, and gets killed herself.

That would work.  Would Paige be a witness? I can't see E letting Paige get next to something that intense.  Or it could be that Paige somehow shows up and gets killed instead.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Call me crazy, but I'm trying to figure out a way that things go on.  If Stan is killed, and thus silenced, will P and E be allowed to continue to live their lives, without spying and without interference from Russia? The FBI isn't on to the Jennings, so they don't connect anything. And the sketches get put back into the file drawer. But who would kill Stan?

Maybe, Renee finds that photo of Elizabeth cut out of the photo album and in Stan's wallet and thinks that Stan has the hots for her. THAT's why Stan has been staring at the Jennings drive way And THAT's why Elizabeth couldn't come to Thanksgiving Dinner.  She feels guilty.  Renee suspects an affair.  So, she goes into a rage and shoots Stan with his service revolver! Oh, yeah, that's too bizarre. lol 

Maybe Philip figures out that Stan is on to them and they decide to frame him and/or Renee for some crime. They plant evidence in their house or car. So now Stan has this crazy idea and a cloud of suspicion around him, which makes Aderholt discount his idea. Stan doesn't die, but he isn't believed, and by the time the setup is disproved, Philip and Elizabeth (and their kids? IDK) have gotten away  

3 hours ago, BingeyKohan said:

My predictions have been wrong but that won’t stop me from speculating:

-With the FBI and KGB after them and cut off from the Centre’s resources the Jennings will have to go to Stavos’ apartment as a safe house. He will take them in out of loyalty. And because he’s scared of Elizabeth (and confides he always has been, in the only bit of mirth we’ll get in the last episodes)

-Elizabeth will force feed the cyanide pill to Claudia

-We may never see Henry again

Here's a question, though. We know the hardliners in the KGB are going to be pissed at Elizabeth. But it's not everyone. Arkady would want to protect her (if he gets her message, via Oleg, n time). Is it possible that they could still trust someone at the Rezidentura to help them get out of the country? 

I would like to see either Philip or Elizabeth kill Claudia. Or both shoot her at the same time, lol. 

Edited by hellmouse
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, hellmouse said:

Maybe Philip figures out that Stan is on to them and they decide to frame him and/or Renee for some crime. They plant evidence in their house or car. So now Stan has this crazy idea and a cloud of suspicion around him, which makes Aderholt discount his idea. Stan doesn't die, but he isn't believed, and by the time the setup is disproved, Philip and Elizabeth (and their kids? IDK) have gotten away  

Here's a question, though. We know the hardliners in the KGB are going to be pissed at Elizabeth. But it's not everyone. Arkady would want to protect her (if he gets her message, via Oleg, n time). Is it possible that they could still trust someone at the Rezidentura to help them get out of the country? 

I would like to see either Philip or Elizabeth kill Claudia. Or both shoot her at the same time, lol. 

You're right, good point about the support coming from Arkady. So the danger is from the official level (FBI) and the off-the-books, shadowy level (Claudia's secret society of the squirrel pin). Maybe the Centre could ride to the rescue in some way. I think someone noticed Tatiana returns in the one of the final episodes, though last we saw she and Oleg were at cross-purposes, weren't they? And on the subject of Renee, this is still speculation based on no intel so I feel ok mentioning it here: the s6 trailer shows a car like hers being stopped, and we haven't seen that scene yet so your framing her theory is interesting. 

(edited)

Is there an award around here for whoever correctly guesses the FINALE?  Hmmm......That might be fun.  Hard to do though, even if it is symbolic. 

The only time that I have ever correctly predicted an ending to a series was Big Love (HBO).  I was a huge fan and almost from day one of the finale season, I noticed how unstable and angry the neighbor across the street was, though, it was downplayed by the characters. Early on, on another site, I correctly predicted that he would eventually kill or attempt to kill Bill.  He did it in the last minutes of the finale. But, I don't usually have that kind of luck or insight. lol  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is there an award around here for whoever correctly guesses the FINALE?  Hmmm......That might be fun.  Hard to do though, even if it is symbolic. 

And what would the trophy be? I personally would like a framed swatch of the Jennings kitchen wallpaper but maybe a miniature Mail Robot would be more appropriate, like a version of MTV's moon-man trophies.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That would work.  Would Paige be a witness? I can't see E letting Paige get next to something that intense.  Or it could be that Paige somehow shows up and gets killed instead.

Seems a waste to get Paige into that since remember she has no clue about the conflict and couldn't really understand it.

2 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

And what would the trophy be? I personally would like a framed swatch of the Jennings kitchen wallpaper but maybe a miniature Mail Robot would be more appropriate, like a version of MTV's moon-man trophies.

Yeah, or a nice wig, mustache, glasses combo disguise.....

https://www.amazon.com/John-Lennon-Style-Brown-Music/dp/B01ND0BDSB/ref=sr_1_13_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1526574377&sr=8-13&keywords=hippy+wigs+for+men

2 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Seems a waste to get Paige into that since remember she has no clue about the conflict and couldn't really understand it.

Yeah.....just trying to figure out where she fits. ( I'll have to take to Spoilers thread)

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That would be great fun although we would have to be quite specific in our predictions. For example, saying "Philip dies" isn't enough. There would have to be qualifiers like "taking Liz's cyanide pill."

I don't think that there will be tidy endings for some of our characters. We may not learn Claudia's precise fate. There is a lot of "hiding in plain site" here and that may continue for some.

Those needing definitive conclusions to their characters are (IMO) Phil, Liz, Stan and Paige. Whether they live or die is up for debate. Oleg, too, but I think that his fate has been determined - sadly - but I would be happy to be wrong.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

Now you have me interested in Americans merch. Frankly, I find this appalling, @FX:

https://shop.fxnetworks.com/search?type=product&q=the*+americans*

Yeah, but, those products are for American Horror Story, not The Americans.  Pretty brutal though.  I don't watch that show (American Horror Story) anymore. 

Lucky for me, I'm not a big Oleg fan.  He's super popular and many love the guy, but, I'm not that way.  I wish him no harm, but, am not invested in him surviving.  It would make for a nice homecoming scene if he returns home and is reunited with his family, though. That might take the edge off the brutal crap that we will likely see with the Jennings family.  

• Love 1

Philip is supposed to meet with the Soviet priest, right?  And doesn't the FBI have this guy under surveillance?  Seeing them together could be the smoking gun Stan needs to tie the strings together about the Jennings. 

And if the FBI sees Elizabeth with Oleg (who might be very eager to meet with her after he gets P's message about her info), that would hammer another nail in the coffin.  

20 minutes ago, kikaha said:

Philip is supposed to meet with the Soviet priest, right?  And doesn't the FBI have this guy under surveillance?  Seeing them together could be the smoking gun Stan needs to tie the strings together about the Jennings. 

And if the FBI sees Elizabeth with Oleg (who might be very eager to meet with her after he gets P's message about her info), that would hammer another nail in the coffin.  

If I'm clear on the suspicious-seeming priest Dennis and co. were referring to in "Summit," it's not the Jennings' priest the FBI suspects, but his superior. So hopefully he's tipping Philip off that something shady is happening rather than unwittingly leading him into a trap. I think the same way Stan's spidey sense has been tingling and he's gathering threads, Philip's likely start to tingle around Stan next week and they'll start to back away from each other.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Bannon said:

I think next week's "Jennings, Elizabeth" may be what is on a toe tag in a morgue. Claudia's KGB faction has to try to kill Liz, lest Liz gets them all sent to a gulag, or executed, for plotting a murderous coup.

It would throw things for a loop to have Liz whacked in the penultimate episode, and then have one more week to deal with the fallout.

It would also be extremely thoughtful and completely out of character for this show. I'm guessing that both show runners and both lead actors wanted nothing more than to be done with this show and escape to some Greek Island getaway or equivalent.

It's been a long time and during the final season, I'm guessing they all were really looking forward to getting away and taking a year off.

(edited)

Elizabeth leaving Claudia alive is the most egregiously stupid thing done by a previously "smart" character this season.   I've been frustrated by how "dumb" they've made Elizabeth, with all the usual  excuses offered by the audience on the boards wrt burnout, fatigue, stress, overinvestment (in Paige) ... Claudia will be the creature from the BBBlack LLagoon lurking until some -- predictable -- final showdown/shootout involving god only knows how many or few major characters.   My guess is that Claudia emerge as Nesterenko's would-be assassin to be thwarted by E. (but of course) and as many others are following E. around for usual and sundry reasons ... 

I think the writers' claim to have "planned it to end this way" may be an inside joke given substantial loose ends and changes in direction ... which may explain much of season 5's flailing.  I suspect they believed their own hype , but were good enough to realize or notice they had lost control of the narrative.  Boards like this may have played a role in changing direction (after overinvolvement led them astray) .  In hindsight it's easy to understand how and why Paige's story arc had to change .... but a lot of time and energy (and audience) was also invested in both Mischa and Yuan... We are likely to never know the how and why those satisfying characters and stories were dropped. 

Edited by SusanSunflower
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, SusanSunflower said:

In hindsight it's easy to understand how and why Paige's story arc had to change .... but a lot of time and energy (and audience) was also invested in both Mischa and Yuan... We are likely to never know the how and why those satisfying characters and stories were dropped. 

Not actually seeing how any of thrse were changed or dropped? 

1 hour ago, kikaha said:

Oleg wouldn't want to meet with her at all. He just wants the info from the dead drop.

I agree with Bingsley about the possibility of Philip's getting some warning vibes and both him and Stan backing away. The hug was maybe their true goodbye. Philip didn't take the offer. He can't. 

1 hour ago, SusanSunflower said:

Elizabeth leaving Claudia alive is the most egregiously stupid thing done by a previously "smart" character this season.   I've been frustrated by how "dumb" they've made Elizabeth, with all the usual  excuses offered by the audience on the boards wrt burnout, fatigue, stress, overinvestment (in Paige) ... Claudia will be the creature from the BBBlack LLagoon lurking until some -- predictable -- final showdown/shootout involving god only knows how many or few major characters.   My guess is that Claudia emerge as Nesterenko's would-be assassin to be thwarted by E. (but of course) and as many others are following E. around for usual and sundry reasons ... 

I think the writers' claim to have "planned it to end this way" may be an inside joke given substantial loose ends and changes in direction ... which may explain much of season 5's flailing.  I suspect they believed their own hype , but were good enough to realize or notice they had lost control of the narrative.  Boards like this may have played a role in changing direction (after overinvolvement led them astray) .  In hindsight it's easy to understand how and why Paige's story arc had to change .... but a lot of time and energy (and audience) was also invested in both Mischa and Yuan... We are likely to never know the how and why those satisfying characters and stories were dropped. 

I agree that Liz shoulda' killed Claudia on the spot, and I'm as critical as anybody of writing characters stupid, but there is a personality type, even someone who has committed homicide, that is reluctant to kill the boss.

Then again, Liz did torture Claudia a few years back. You're right, it's really dumb.

• Love 2
(edited)

I will make one prediction about Renee. I kind of said this in the thread about the episode. But so many people have been speculating about Renee working for the CIA or some foreign country.

I predict we will see very little of Renee in the final two episodes. IMO, the only purpose she ever served was to give Stan a legitimate reason to stay in his house next door to The Jennings. It seems very important for Stan to be living next door to them so he can develop his suspicions. But after his first wife left, it would just be too strange for him to live in that house for years all alone. So they had to come up with some reason why he would be living there and the only thing befitting an FBI agent would be to get married again.

@BANNON - Your prediction that the title of the next episode - "Jennings, Elizabeth" - would be taken from a toe tag in the morgue is really bold and very clever. Just my opinion of course. But if you are correct about that, you will have my profound admiration and respect. It's a great guess.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 2

I don’t think Stan needed a wife to justify staying in his home. Plenty of single people have houses. 

The marriage was probably partially about lettting Stan get his personal life in order. But for whatever reason the writers decided that this wife would be one dimensional. Strange for a character driven show. 

I think "Jennings, Elizabeth" is going to turn out to be something totally benign and they're just messing with us, knowing how we'd speculate. Elizabeth realizes that even foiling a coup she can't skip her annual dental check-up. But she gets signaled in the waiting room to go meet Oleg, so she's already left by the time the nurse pokes her head out and calls "Jennings, Elizabeth?"

• Love 5
(edited)

Sorry. Posted by mistake.

3 hours ago, SusanSunflower said:

I must agree. But the one saving grace is that it would have been extremely difficult for Elizabeth to have come to that conclusion instantly. I'm sure she would have needed at least a few minutes to take it all in because there have been so many incidents she experienced with Claudia. Some of them were good and some of them were not. But it would have to take some time to review all those events in her mind and then make a good decision.

I agree she should arrange for Claudia to die before Claudia does the same to her. I just don't think that is something she could decide "on the spot", so to speak.

Edited by MissBluxom

I think Renee may have originally had a different storyline that was aborted for some reason (any reason, pick a reason) .... before the leap she had been all over Stan about being his being unhappy and in a rut.  Her studly FBI agent boyfriend was withering on the vine ,,, going back to CI was mentioned as I recall.  I was very surprised she was still around and had married the lunk  (perhaps she declined to be bought out of her contract).  I don't think it's some mass hysteria that made so many of us suspicious about her "ulterior motives" that now (4 years later) seem laughable .... 

It seems to me that the script consistently portrayed Renee as odd and suspicious.  What wife encourages their husband to stay in a more risky position, rather than taking it easy for awhile?  And despite knowing that husband works with classified information, gossips about it with other women and in presence of E, who's husband doesn't even work with Stan.  And, who beats herself up about how she and her job are down there and Stan and the FBI are up on a pedestal.   It is laughable.  They were about as subtle as a sledgehammer.  And for what?  Just so silly, imo.  Unless, they do SOMETHING with her character, it'll always be a sore spot for me. 

Renee's ambitions for her sexy boyfriend never got very far ... she seemed to think he needed a challenge.  Many in LE become security consultants to industry.  (This story is pre-Blackwater iirc).  That's part of why I think there was a story line that was aborted for some (any) reason and that we were meant to mistrust her motives wrt Stan. Was she going to take him away from the cul-de-sac.  My impression was that she was bored with semi-retired Stan ... so their apparently happy marriage came as a shock to me ... and since he's not apparently doing anything "interesting" a wedding ring seems small comfort to make up for a dull dull husband  and a "Mrs." 

Back to Renee.

I think after everyone's story is resolved, we will get a small thing that means everything from Renee.  She will be KGB, happily married to a talkative Stan, and working for the FBI.  Maybe she sends a transmission or pulls out her one-time pad to read a message. 

KGB still in the USA, no matter what happens to the Jennings and other illegals rounded up.

With the news in today's world?  It just fits.

I trust Philip's instincts about her.

• Love 3
(edited)

Philip reinvigorates his business by setting up a tourism service for the Soviet Union nations, Henry goes to the school of his choice and becomes an FBI agent, Elizabeth and her prissy daughter work the cow farms in Fresno CA hunting runaway Sandinistas.

Edited by TheBride
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Back to Renee.

I think after everyone's story is resolved, we will get a small thing that means everything from Renee.  She will be KGB, happily married to a talkative Stan, and working for the FBI.  Maybe she sends a transmission or pulls out her one-time pad to read a message. 

KGB still in the USA, no matter what happens to the Jennings and other illegals rounded up.

With the news in today's world?  It just fits.

I trust Philip's instincts about her.

Yeah. Thanks for reminding me about Philip’s instincts. I never thought he was “losing it” like Gabriel said. It’s just never seemed to go anywhere though. Just weird statements here and there. That’s it. 

But that would be one heck of an ending. 

It doesn’t explain why it took a good 3 years (or so it seems right now ) for her to do anything. It doesn’t explain the lack of depth to her character either. But, I like the idea. 

Stan began by being duped by his neighbors, ends by being duped by his wife. Ouch. 

Speaking of Renee- she got an interview offer in the mail?! Did I hear that right? Wouldn’t they just call her?

Edited by Erin9
  • Love 1

It's the Government, they would send a letter.

We don't know if Renee has done anything else, or if her orders were to lay low, marry Stan (who they already know could be shaky from Oleg and Nina interactions, and being recently divorced, etc.)  and try to get hired at the FBI.

I'm sure they really miss Martha's intel.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Erin9 said:

I don’t think Stan needed a wife to justify staying in his home. Plenty of single people have houses. 

The marriage was probably partially about lettting Stan get his personal life in order. But for whatever reason the writers decided that this wife would be one dimensional. Strange for a character driven show. 

Yes, the thing about Stan is he didn't much care about his home. So it's just as unlikely he'd take the trouble to move as keep a big house. His bff lived across the street.

The trouble with Renee being a spy is it's such a lame joke at the end of the show. And it still doesn't make any sense that the KGB or anyone else would assign a woman to marry Stan Beeman because he was just that important he needed several agents on him even when he's not in counterintel.

Plus if she's getting hired by the FBI she can't be an Illegal. That's the whole point of the 2nd gen program.

• Love 2
Just now, Umbelina said:

It's the Government, they would send a letter.

We don't know if Renee has done anything else, or if her orders were to lay low, marry Stan (who they already know could be shaky from Oleg and Nina interactions, and being recently divorced, etc.)  and try to get hired at the FBI.

I'm sure they really miss Martha's intel.

Really. I had no idea. Interesting. Seems like picking up the phone would be faster, but then we are talking about the government. Lol 

Good point. She could have been ordered to lay low for a long time- or she’s done things we just haven’t seen. 

Yes. I’m sure Martha is much missed. 

• Love 1
(edited)

It's all about the documentation in the Federal Government, I'd say that doubles in the FBI.  ;~)

9 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Yes, the thing about Stan is he didn't much care about his home. So it's just as unlikely he'd take the trouble to move as keep a big house. His bff lived across the street.

The trouble with Renee being a spy is it's such a lame joke at the end of the show. And it still doesn't make any sense that the KGB or anyone else would assign a woman to marry Stan Beeman because he was just that important he needed several agents on him even when he's not in counterintel.

Plus if she's getting hired by the FBI she can't be an Illegal. That's the whole point of the 2nd gen program.

It would be a cheat if it was a BIG thing, like her solving something, or killing someone like Stan, Philip, Liz, Paige, Henry. 

It won't be a huge cheat if we find out Philip was right, and the KGB is still operating in the USA.  Which?  The are.  The initials are irrelevant.

Married to a respected FBI guy AND in the FBI itself?  HUGE.  Worth the patience and wait.  Maybe her documentation is stellar.  She as secretary, with little or no clearance, the background checks wouldn't be quite as tough as being an agent or boss.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3
(edited)

Burov will somehow play a big part in the resolution of this. He just has to. Maybe he's setting things up to frame the right people while others get away? He strikes me as too much of a heroic figure to not resolve in grand fashion.

39 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

She doesn't have to be an illegal to spy for the KGB. They hired Americans too.

Edited by bluelena69
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, bluelena69 said:

Burov will somehow play a big part in the resolution of this. He just has to. Maybe he's setting things up to frame the right people while others get away? He strikes me as too much of a heroic figure to not resolve in grand fashion.

I fear Oleg's end may be tragic.  Maybe not though, but there is no way I see all three surviving this.  (Philip, Elizabeth, AND Oleg)

Oh very good point, she could be a Gregory.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bluelena69 said:

Right, but some of the suspicion about her is that she's an Illegal. Like whatever that mistake was she made last season.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Right, but some of the suspicion about her is that she's an Illegal. Like whatever that mistake was she made last season.

Not really though, we all did kind of jump to that, but the main thing we thought is she was a spy.  Probably a KGB spy, which she probably is.  They can be born here as we saw with Gregory, and there have certainly been others in real life.

That said, she does look particularly Russian/Slavic to me.

If so, who is her handler?  Maybe...DUM DUM DUM...Claudia?

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Not really though, we all did kind of jump to that, but the main thing we thought is she was a spy.  Probably a KGB spy, which she probably is.  They can be born here as we saw with Gregory, and there have certainly been others in real life.

So if that's the case is there a theory as to why Claudia appeared to only know about the Teacups from Elizabeth who eavesdropped on Renee? I know she could just be lying to cover up that she already knew, but that seems like a much weaker, more contrived plot for her than the one in this ep, which made so much sense.

Claudia has been a spy for a long time.  Spies lie, it's what they do, nearly every day of their lives, and often to everyone they know.  She's obviously good at being a spy, or she would have never survived the various upheavals in the Soviet Union.

26 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Claudia has been a spy for a long time.  Spies lie, it's what they do, nearly every day of their lives, and often to everyone they know.  She's obviously good at being a spy, or she would have never survived the various upheavals in the Soviet Union.

Oh, I'd believe Claudia would lie about anything. But it seems like especially after a reveal like this week's it just gets repetitive to have Claudia lying be the way to spackle of what seemed like a plot hole.

I see how it can be done--Claudia already knew about the Teacups but since they weren't providing great stuff they were allowed to do their thing. It was only when they openly defected she ordered them killed, pretending that she only then made the connection between them and the couple Elizabeth told her about. But that's a lot of lying to the audience for one big spy-gotcha. Especially for a woman that people already assume is not what she seems just because she seems like a false human being.

Stan could kill Renee, if she ends up being a spy. I doubt that will happen, though. I also think it would be too soapy for her to kill him. I don't know -I don't like her just being there, but that would be too over the top for me. Twirling mustache time. Or she could go to kill Stan or someone else, as has been mentioned before, and P or E kills her. 

I expected something more with Henry, but I'll be fine with him just being an American kid, possibly living with Stan. I don't know if I want to see him moved to Russia.

• Love 1

I'm just wondering if the showrunners would really want to have the show ending with an American FBI agent being killed. It sort of sets the wrong tone, no?  Better for the show that it end with the real American, (Stan)  catching or killing the bad guys (P&E) or at the very least, running them out of business. 

17 hours ago, Erin9 said:

It doesn’t explain why it took a good 3 years (or so it seems right now ) for her to do anything. It doesn’t explain the lack of depth to her character either. But, I like the idea.

Renee could be a sleeper. The KGB ordered her to seduce and marry Stan. Then, she remains quiet until it's time for her next assignment. In this case, getting a job with the FBI. If she had asked Stan soon after they began dating, it could have looked suspicious or he might have ended their relatioship.

18 hours ago, Erin9 said:

Speaking of Renee- she got an interview offer in the mail?! Did I hear that right? Wouldn’t they just call her?

I've received letters advising me that I would be interviewed rather than getting a call. There are various reasons for doing things that way, including the number of job applicants being granted interviews.

14 hours ago, Anela said:

Stan could kill Renee, if she ends up being a spy. I doubt that will happen, though.

I agree. If Renee turns out to be a spy, I believe Stan would arrest her. I also don't see Stan being killed. Oleg being killed, on the other hand, wouldn't surprise me.

• Love 1
(edited)

I may be crazy, but didn't Philip throw the cyanide necklace into the bag with the body in the last episode? I'll have to go back and watch it to see why I think he did.

If so, then they find the body in Chicago and Stan recognizes the necklace from Elizabeth and this connects the dots. But this would represent such grossly incompetent spy work, to dispose of anything remotely identifiable with a body.

Edit: I rewatched and see what happened (see below) VV 

Edited by bluelena69
6 minutes ago, bluelena69 said:

I may be crazy, but didn't Philip throw the cyanide necklace into the bag with the body in the last episode? I'll have to go back and watch it to see why I think he did.

Philip threw Harvest's empty necklace into the bag and it was different from Elizabeth's. His was black and white.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Philip threw Harvest's empty necklace into the bag and it was different from Elizabeth's. His was black and white.

I just watched it again and I see what happened. I initially thought Elizabeth's necklace had fallen off when they changed clothes or something and that, with the way he looked at Elizabeth as he was tossing it into the bag, he was saying, "I am with you, we are in this together to the end and we don't need this shit." Or something like that. But now I see. I guess he was looking at her like this as a means to communicate that he knew she had been given one too and was in some potential trouble. I don't think he had confronted her with his knowledge of her new necklace yet, had he?

Edited by bluelena69
25 minutes ago, bluelena69 said:

I just watched it again and I see what happened. I initially thought Elizabeth's necklace had fallen off when they changed clothes or something and that, with the way he looked at Elizabeth as he was tossing it into the bag, he was saying, "I am with you, we are in this together to the end and we don't need this shit." Or something like that. But now I see. I guess he was looking at her like this as a means to communicate that he knew she had been given one too and was in some potential trouble. I don't think he had confronted her with his knowledge of her new necklace yet, had he?

I thought the same thing you did the first time I saw it, actually. But yes, he was telling her he knew she had one too and that Harvest had just died from his. She had told him about her necklace earlier--he didn't know anything about the cyanide pill until she told him about it.

• Love 1

I just put this in Renee's thread, but I'm going to put it here too.

I suspect we will get a long musical montage at the end of the show.  One tiny little scene in that montage will be Renee leaving work at the FBI, maybe they are even celebrating their HUGE win in rounding up the embedded KGB spies.)  Renee will then do something small, like a brush pass, a dead drop, or pulling out her KGB one-time pad to read a message.  One tiny thing that will tell us, "yes, the FBI had a big win, but the KGB is still here."

• Love 6