Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Eye of the Beholder / The New Frontier Speculation and Live Chat

• Start Topic

This is your pre-air Speculation and Live Chat thread for the season three premiere, "Eye Of The Beholder"/"The New Frontier." This thread will close after the episode airs Sunday. Then please go over to the actual episode topic here. Please do NOT post spoilers or discuss The Walking Dead here (that is for over here).

As always, please be civil and respectful to your fellow posters, and thanks for posting at Previously.TV!

(edited)

They've been marathoning season 2 all day and I've had it on and off.  I'd forgotten how annoying Madison is with her Nick obsession.  I'll catch this on demand. Won't watch live until American Gods is over. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1

I don't even know if I can watch this, sneak peeks are already annoying. Nick and his disgusting hair, Madison acting like she is the Ricktator already, and that daughter who is clean and wearing makeup (she's so useless I can't remember her name). I guess I will watch it and complain how much it sucks..because that's what I do!!! 

(If it helps I am annoyed with myself too)! 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Won't watch live until American Gods is over. 

I like to record a couple of AG eps and then watch - that one I pay attention to, I like to see how it flows.  FTWD, not so much,

Didn't realize it's a 2 hour premiere!  That's...a lot of FTWD in one shot.

I've been watching the marathon on and off and forgot how great Alicia's hair always looked.  She should give ZA beauty tips.

• Love 1

I just saw the clip where Madison tells Alicia that Nick's smile can light up a room.  Haha.

Travis is a good looking guy.  Maybe he will go psycho like Chris did.

1 hour ago, MostlyContent said:

Well, crap!  Now I have to remember their names again.  :)

All you have to remember is Strand's rest are forgettable. 

13 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Read an interview with outgoing SR Dave Erickson.

He teases that a major death happens this season.

From the way he worded it, that death might happen tonight.

Better not be Strand.

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

Over or under on how many times Madison either forgets she has another kid or throws her under the bus in her eternal quest to find Nick and then likely lose him again this season?

She would slit Alicia's throat to save Nick.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Giselle said:

All you have to remember is Strand's rest are forgettable. 

Better not be Strand.

She would slit Alicia's throat to save Nick.

Cliff and Alycia will join  Dave Erickson on Talking Dead tonight.

T

No surprise guest scheduled.

If the major death is tonight, I think it'll be Travis.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I watch this mainly to read the comments here afterwards. Once I don't want to do that anymore, the show will have jumped the snark.

I'm going to be trying out a new tablet tonight, so I doubt if I'll be posting much, but I'm sure going to enjoy the snark (and, no doubt, Alicia's hair). 

• Love 2

I forgot about Maddie rifling the pockets of the dead family because NICK!!

I do remember they leave a trail of destruction when they leave the hotel.

• Love 1

I'm tuning in because I promised someone I would watch.  But I couldn't bring myself to watch any of the reruns and I just realized that I've forgotten most of the show.  Except for the annoying bits, that is.  And Strand; I could never forget Strand.  He's the only reason I'm here.

I just heard that it's a two-hour premiere and my heart sank to my ankles.  Why Lord, why?

• Love 1

Annnnd there goes Nick leading all the Mexicans straight into the path of pissy guys with guns at the border.  I can't remember now what made anyone think following the magical junkie idiot was a good idea.

But hey, Alicia's hair sure was shiny.

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought of a drinking game for people who don't drink. Every time Maddie changes her expression,  you take a drink.

Edited by Gobi
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Annnnd there goes Nick leading all the Mexicans straight into the path of pissy guys with guns at the border.  I can't remember now what made anyone think following the magical junkie idiot was a good idea.

But hey, Alicia's hair sure was shiny.

I was thinking the same thing.  Why are these apparently sane people following a total fuck-up like Nick?

And now they're all getting shot, so it looks like we were right.

The punk in charge looks familiar (the actor) but maybe it's just because he's playing a type.

Nick and Travis are so thrilled to see each other.

IKR?? Nick's all "my mom and sister, WTF, who cares"

• Love 2
Just now, Gobi said:

Has it ever occurred to the writers that a society of psychopaths wouldn't function?

Nope, society of psychos is an unfortunate staple of post-apocalyptic fiction.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

They're killing and reanimating folks, for shit and giggles.

Figured they were doing it as an experiment to see how long it took - comments on how he was heavier so maybe it took longer.