Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Part 26

I liked seeing the Marco flashbacks of him and Meg/John. It worked well with the horror of Meg seeing what her brother did to him and her getting on the boat at the end.

• Love 4
(edited)

Add the water droplets falling on the photo of them until she let it glide into the water. I'm wondering that even if she was trying to get back together with Marco (to get his help on saving the siblings) that she even wondered if they could have given their relationship another go and now she finally had to let him go. 

Also a big "ouch" when Meg pulled the IV out of Kevin's arm. It was a statement of 'if I'm in pain (emotionally) then you're going to be in pain (physically) as well. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 2

Honestly made no sense that Meg would have been at the morgue. Marco's family didn't even really want her at the memorial service.

51 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I liked seeing the Marco flashbacks of him and Meg/John. It worked well with the horror of Meg seeing what her brother did to him and her getting on the boat at the end.

I was wondering about that scene, though, where they kept mentioning how Meg hated boats. But then she gets on a boat, no big deal. Weird.

• Love 5

Sally picked a hell of a time to start dropping truth bombs after a lifetime of lies. Couldn't she have let Meg stay blissfully ignorant of who really killed Marco? It's not smart to let Roy know she is pissed at him, either. He has the power to crush her whole family. She can be chillingly good at pretending everything's fine when she wants to pretend.

Aguirre is playing it smart. He's pretending to be nice while really still trying to trip people up. John totally knew what his game was, but fucking Kevin is a weak link.

Loved seeing John confront Meg and Kevin about how they totally meant to screw him over. Kevin in particular looked like he was pissing himself again. Ooh, that awkward moment when you realize the brother whose help you begged for is onto what a two-faced weasel you are. I wanted to smack Kevin when he made excuses for the crap he pulled by whinging about wanting to see his baby. So I was happy when Meg hurt him. He is such a big baby. Baby wanna see the baby!

I'm guessing it is supposed to be a big deal that Meg took that boat out. I almost expected her to throw herself into the ocean once she got far enough out.

• Love 4
On 5/27/2017 at 11:17 PM, Mama No Life said:

Biggest question so far:  is John still driving around in Carol's car?  Poor Carol.

Mr Paws kept saying, "Is John just going to leave his truck on the side of the road?" 

11 minutes ago, Bec said:

Aguirre is playing it smart. He's pretending to be nice while really still trying to trip people up. John totally knew what his game was, but fucking Kevin is a weak link.

He knows something is fishy. I wonder how much Marco told him about his suspicions before he died. 

Kevin continues to recover, and his family continue to clean up the mess. 

That's pretty much every episode for Kevin, I imagine....

The Marco flashbacks and how he first met Megan was nice, even if in retrospect, it might have been one of the biggest mistakes of his life.  Then again, probably being John's partner had already doomed him.  Anyone who gets near the Rayburn Clan is likely doomed, it seems.

I really don't know how much longer Kevin will be able to keep this up.  Aguirre clearly knows something is going, and I can easily seem him breaking Kevin.  I do think John probably overplayed his hand by also setting up O'Bannon for Danny's murder as well.  Just way too neat and someone like Aguirre would find that suspicious.

I never realized how much I dislike Sally until she faced off against Gilbert and I realized that I'm actually kind of rooting for him.  Really, in his own twisted way, he is actually giving Kevin a chance to get out of this.  I don't think Sally has ever done anything good for Kevin (or any of her children), unless it was to prop up the Rayburn name.

Still not sure what is going on with Ozzy, unless this is this just all leading to him taking on John.

• Love 3
On 5/27/2017 at 11:11 AM, Artsda said:

I think flashbacks to happier times would be good this season, as we go into the deep dark well that is their self-destruction, it might help us pity them just a bit more. Even Kevin was likeable in the big dinner flashback.

On 5/27/2017 at 0:03 PM, KaleyFirefly said:

I was wondering about that scene, though, where they kept mentioning how Meg hated boats. But then she gets on a boat, no big deal. Weird.

My take on Meg hating boats was that she associated them with death (given the death of her sister). So it kind of makes sense to me that she'd go on a boat to mourn and let go of Marco.

My heart goes out to Belle in each episode - she's a total innocent and completely oblivious of what's going on. She, John's wife, and Eric's sister are the only ones I really like anymore.

7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

That's pretty much every episode for Kevin, I imagine....

Yep, when I read the description I thought "well, I think this is the episode I watched, sounds like it, but it's kind of status quo, isn't it?"

So, are we supposed to believe the wet rug was because of the waters rising? I was kind of confused by that scene.

Looks like Ozzie has a serious brain injury. Maybe it'll kill him soon. I wouldn't mind. But who is the woman he was staying with, who knows so much about the Rayburns?

• Love 2

Words cannot express my love for the flashback bar scene where Marco sidles up to Meg all cool-like, not yet knowing that she is his partner's sister, and then Meg flips John off and he returns the gesture with a smile.  The sibling's relationships are what hooked me on this show in the first place.  Having only one much younger sister, I am kind of fascinated by sibling interactions.

I both loathe and feel sorry for Eric, and this is testament to the actor playing him.  I flip from kind of wanting John to get away with everything, to wanting Eric and Chelsea to take this entire family down.

Can someone refresh my memory on who Kate is?  I don't remember her at all from prior episodes.

• Love 2

Oh those flashbacks were super sad. Meg really wasn't good enough for Marco, but I still felt sad for her. Granted, her continuing to keep up the secret of who really killed Marco doesn't say much for her, but I'm sure she made the internal argument that telling the truth wont really help Marco or his family at this point, and she can do more by trying to help them.

I'm constantly torn between wanting John to get away with everything (I've never really liked Eric, so I don't feel that bad for him), and wanting the whole clan to finally crumble under the weight of their own lies, and feeling bad that Eric is being railroaded for something he didn't do.

When Meg went out on the boat, I was half convinced she was going to drive into the sunset and never be seen again. I think she took the boat because she associates boats with her dead sister, and now she can associate them with Marco as well. Poor Marco. He had no idea what he was getting into when he was partnered with John, and decided to saddle up next to a hot chick at a bar.

I probably shouldn't laugh at Meg beating on a guy in a hospital bed...but I did. I don't at all think Meg is really done with Kevin (I do think that they all live each other), but she will probably not be visiting any time soon.

• Love 1

Of course, Marco was no saint - looking the other way when it comes to Aguirre using his wife as a punching bag in order to get a better job. But the Rayburn family's sins top that pretty thoroughly.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, molshoop said:

Eric is a pathetic lowlife, but I don't think he's ever killed anyone.  To be framed for the murder of a cop and the only friend he ever had

isn't OK with me.

But he supplied gas to the smugglers and that one time the boat exploded so that's murder right there in my book 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Readalot said:

But he supplied gas to the smugglers and that one time the boat exploded so that's murder right there in my book 

But did he know that was going to happen?  I'm not trying to say he's a good guy, but why should he take the blame for two

murders that John and Kevin committed.

• Love 2

He shouldn't take the blame for John and Kevin's actions. But Eric O'Bannon types, petty criminals, know exactly what the serious felons are doing. Eric was happy to supply that gas to the smugglers. And he did it more than once, so after a boat full of burnt people happened.  Eric may be stupid, but when it comes to what was going to happen with the gas, he had a pretty damn good idea. But easier not to think about it and just take the money.

It's not a question for me of "should John and Kevin get off," but the issue for me is that Eric O'Bannon was a terrible, disgusting person who deserved every shitty thing that happened to him.

John and Kevin should still absolutely pay for their crimes. And Kevin will. Although I'm sure in prison, Kevin will manage to fuck things up and still call John, who is serving time in another prison, and expect John to fix it. And John will try to create a network of prison contacts to try to help Kevin. Only Kevin will manage to fuck things up harder.

• Love 1
On 5/31/2017 at 9:18 AM, Clanstarling said:

So, are we supposed to believe the wet rug was because of the waters rising? I was kind of confused by that scene.

Looks like Ozzie has a serious brain injury. Maybe it'll kill him soon. I wouldn't mind. But who is the woman he was staying with, who knows so much about the Rayburns?

I was confused by both those scenes, too. With only 10 episodes in this final season, I'm assuming that Ozzy is still around for a reason. Otherwise, it is a waste of valuable screen time (and I usually enjoy John Leguizamo).

More endearing behavior by the Rayburns. Kevin basically says that it's John's fault that he is lying in a hospital bed. Yeah...no. Meg then tells Kevin that she's done with him because he murdered Marco. I get that she is devasted and horrified but did she really trust that Kevin was going to handle that situation on his own? After all, it's Kevin. And then John just hands Eric a ton of incriminating evidence for a murder that he didn't commit. Yikes! There has to be consequences.

Eric can cast a lot of doubt on the Rayburns' cover stories especially since Aguirre is already suspicious.

Where is the murder weapon - the dolphin statue? Does the Coroner/Cleaner have it?

• Love 1