Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, nikma said:

And if everything is clean and safe what is so "brave and controversial" about S8? Podrick's death? lol

Yes, Tyrion loving Daenerys could be controversial storyline, but every major character living and getting what they want would ruin GoT's legacy far more IMO. 

I could see Tyrion's betrayal critics being shut down with "if you think this has a happy ending..."  memes and "this is GoT, no one is safe", but if Jon and Dany rule, Tyrion and Sansa are together, Starks have the North, Arya goes west of Westeros with Gendry, and every bad guy is dead, how will anyone defend that ending from shitstorm that will follow? And even "planet of the apes" level twist when it comes to WW wouldn't save GoT's legacy. 

"D&D are hacks, GoT is just Hollywood fairytale, Disney ending,.." and so on. They need this big twist at the end.

I'm still hoping Sansa and Arya wipes out Tywin's line.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I have no idea. I do know that Hannah Murray saying she's a fan of Jaime/Brienne and Tyrion/Sansa as she did in May makes no sense if Tyrion betrays the Starks as Friki claims.

I also think that if Sansa were going to have some kind of relationship storyline in S8, the Sansa recap would catch people up on that relationship. Doesn't necessarily mean that Sansa and Tyrion are going to have any kind of romantic entanglement, much less end up together, but if they are, that necessary precondition (talking about their relationship) has been met at least, where it wasn't for Sandor or Robin. I would think the same if the Sansa recap only talked about her relationship with Tyrion in cursory fashion but focused on Sandor or Robin.

This has to be built on Friki's leaks being fake which I find unlikely at this point.

Dinklage also said that he is still working with Jerome Flynn, which means Bronn and Tyrion will have more scenes together in S8. Maybe he will really come with Jaime to WF. 

1 minute ago, WindyNights said:

This has to be built on Friki's leaks being fake which I find unlikely at this point.

Not sure what you mean. 

Personally, watching that recap of Tyrion’s character did not give me any warm fuzzies about his relationship with Daenerys going into season 8.  Peter talks about Dany abandoning them in season 5, blaming him in season 6 for Mereen, and wanting to help his family in season 7. It could just be him setting the audience up for what will be him turning on her next season, but 🤷🏻‍♀️ Who knows. 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, nikma said:

Friki will be crucified if his leaks are fake lol. It will be epic either way. 

It would matter more if this wasn't the final season of the show, I think. If his information is wrong, it's really no skin off his nose at this point.

• Love 1

If the biggest shock of S8 are Tormund's and Podrick's deaths D&D are fucked. Just give us blood and pain already. lol I want bloodbath and misery. 

Edited by nikma
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, nikma said:

Tyrion's clip is out  as well. Dinklage said that Daenerys would have won the war easily, but Tyrion didn't want to see his home destroyed, so he created his plan, and she listened. 

Ha! A huge "I told you so" to all the people who claimed that I was wrong that this was exactly what Tyrion was doing last season.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, nikma said:

If the biggest shock of S8 are Tormund's and Podrick's deaths D&D are fucked. Just give us blood and pain already. lol I want bloodbath and misery. 

Well, I really doubt that Cersei and Jaime are going to make it through everything. And I still have Dany marked on my "will die" list as well. So there's that.

I do love that Sophie talked about Sansa, Bran and Arya being a perfect unit. I always wanted the Starklings to team up like the Avengers. Just add Jon and make Bran less of a Bran-bot.

But, I will continue to take anything the actors say with a grain of salt. I mean if you look at the scripts and then consider Sophie's interviews, they're all a big contradictory mess. And then if you consider how those match up with anything onscreen....they don't. It's an even worse mess. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Minneapple said:
43 minutes ago, nikma said:

Well, I really doubt that Cersei and Jaime are going to make it through everything

They won't, but their death is something everyone expects.

Actors recaps of their characters, the interviews and the scripts made me think 4 things:

1) Now I find harder to imagine Tyrion betraying the Starks. It's simply not "organic" with the rest of the narrative.

2)It will not be Tyrion betraying Dany either. But he is afraid of Dany becoming the Mad King. That will generate a problem within the Living Team.

3)I don't see any proof of Sansan within the narrative. And there is not "romance by surprise" in the show. Ever (at least that I remember)

4)Arya new goals? Simple. Finding peace.

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Arya new goals? Simple. Finding peace.

I did very much appreciate the Starks coming together narrative in Sophie and Maisies interviews. Honestly for all my posts on my Sansa irritation nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing the sisters truly being a team next season and sticking together with Jon. The idea of all the Starks United makes my heart sing ❤️

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

1) Now I find harder to imagine Tyrion betraying the Starks. It's simply not "organic" with the rest of the narrative

It may not start out as a betrayal, it could be he simply makes a mistake in judgement, thinking Lannister solders at the gate of WF, and opens the gate only for it to be the GC.

1 minute ago, GrailKing said:

It may not start out as a betrayal, it could be he simply makes a mistake in judgement, thinking Lannister solders at the gate of WF, and opens the gate only for it to be the GC.

Thanks to Jaime they will know it's the GC instead of any Lannister help.

21 minutes ago, GraceK said:

I did very much appreciate the Starks coming together narrative in Sophie and Maisies interviews.

I like that too. I just don't want any endgame with Arya as Master of Spies or Kingsguard leader or any way she serves any King or Queen (even if it's a Stark in the Throne or even if it's in WF).

1 hour ago, Minneapple said:

But, I will continue to take anything the actors say with a grain of salt. I mean if you look at the scripts and then consider Sophie's interviews, they're all a big contradictory mess. And then if you consider how those match up with anything onscreen....they don't. It's an even worse mess. 

We have what we see on screen. The rest? It's mostly publicity.

I am curious as to whether Friki’s new source has provided him with any evidence the leaks are legit, because so far Friki hasn’t given us any evidence to prove that his leaks are more reliable than your average FF fleaker who’s mother’s cousin’s neighbor totally saw crucial scenes being filmed.

IIRC Friki still hasn’t confirmed exactly what Tyrion’s crimes are nor has he confirmed whether Jon and Dany are alive and if so where they are during this hugely important trial.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Actors recaps of their characters, the interviews and the scripts made me think 3 things:

1) Now I find harder to imagine Tyrion betraying the Starks. It's simply not "organic" with the rest of the narrative.

2)It will not be Tyrion betraying Dany either. But he is afraid of Dany becoming the Mad King. That will generate a problem within the Living Team.

It's been discussed before, but for Tyrion to betray the Starks/Dany and be executed in Season 8 as Friki has described, a lot of very unlikely things have to be true. 

3)I don't see any proof of Sansan within the narrative. And there is not "romance by surprise" in the show. Ever (at least that I remember)

I agree that there is no romance by surprise in GOT. The show's treatment of Jaime/Brienne has made that pretty clear.

Whatever happens with Sansa's romantic life, I'd say SanSan is DOA in Season 8, at least from Sansa's side. We'll see what Rory has to say in the Sandor recap.

The EW article about characters intermingling at Winterfell "many who have messy histories" is an obvious reference to Tyrion and Sansa, in my opinion. It doesn't get much messier than that history. If I had to guess, Sansa is going to be mad at Tyrion for enabling Dany's rise to power (and Jon's submission to her) and anxious to prove to the Northern lords that she has nothing to do with the Lannisters, and Tyrion's going to be nervous and awkward as hell, just as he was when talking about the marriage with Jon. It should be extremely entertaining, no matter what happens.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Thanks to Jaime they will know it's the GC instead of any Lannister help.

IS jAIME GETTING THERE AT THE SAME TIME?, i THOUGHT HE GETS THERE AS wf IS BURNING. ( Sorry caps lock hit ).

The other thing I put forth was Tyrion tries to rekindle the friendship / marriage and Sansa refuses him ( following his book arc and her stubborn Stark knees. ). 

34 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

I like that too. I just don't want any endgame with Arya as Master of Spies or Kingsguard leader or any way she serves any King or Queen (even if it's a Stark in the Throne or even if it's in WF).

We have what we see on screen. The rest? It's mostly publicity.

I'm pretty sure any of the main 6 that are alive at the end will be leading Westeros and serving whoever the King and Queen is.

2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

It's been discussed before, but for Tyrion to betray the Starks/Dany and be executed in Season 8 as Friki has described, a lot of very unlikely things have to be true. 

Agree.

And I don't think there will be Tyrion/Sansa romance, but I think the same as you: it will be so much fun to watch Sophie and Peter on screen together again. Or Rory and Maisie. Their acting improves when they share the same scene.

2 hours ago, GrailKing said:

IS jAIME GETTING THERE AT THE SAME TIME?, i THOUGHT HE GETS THERE AS wf IS BURNING. ( Sorry caps lock hit ).

The other thing I put forth was Tyrion tries to rekindle the friendship / marriage and Sansa refuses him ( following his book arc and her stubborn Stark knees. ). 

First, about Jaime. He will arrive first WF. The GC needs first to arrive KL before ever thinking on going WF.

Second, about Tyrion. I doubt show!Tyrion does that. It's simply doesn't fit with his show!personality.

Edited by OhOkayWhat
1 hour ago, WindyNights said:

I'm pretty sure any of the main 6 that are alive at the end will be leading Westeros and serving whoever the King and Queen is.

I'm almost sure that Arya will sail to the West of Westeros. A scene very close to.Season 4 ending.

9 hours ago, Eyes High said:

More possible S8 hints:

Sansa: "Sansa and Arya now realize that they work very well together. And Bran, you know, as kind of a threesome there. Together, they kinda form the perfect unit." 

I like the sound of that! It also makes sense that the Starks would work together post-LF, and nearing the end. The pack sticks together and it's a time for wolves, after all. I think Sansa and Arya would also end up working closely together in the books, once they work out their inevitable issues (grrm has hinted as much), under the guidance of all-seeing Bran. Their skillsets are complementary in the political game, and all that training must be good for something.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

The EW article about characters intermingling at Winterfell "many who have messy histories" is an obvious reference to Tyrion and Sansa, in my opinion. It doesn't get much messier than that history. If I had to guess, Sansa is going to be mad at Tyrion for enabling Dany's rise to power (and Jon's submission to her) and anxious to prove to the Northern lords that she has nothing to do with the Lannisters, and Tyrion's going to be nervous and awkward as hell, just as he was when talking about the marriage with Jon. It should be extremely entertaining, no matter what happens.

While I don’t know about being angry about (supposedly) enabling Dany, I do expect Sansa will be sensitive about being seen as Tyrion’s wife (as Lyanna Mormont threw in her face in s6), especially now that Tyrion has played a decisive role in getting Jon to kneel to Dany. And I wonder if the casual dismissal of the marriage in s5 may yet turn out to be not quite 100% valid, depending on point of view, considering things don’t work like that in the books. Sansa may have to return to something closer to her probable book plot, in this respect. In which case, it will have to be resolved in some way. 

17 minutes ago, Wouter said:

And I wonder if the casual dismissal of the marriage in s5 may yet turn out to be not quite 100% valid, depending on point of view, considering things don’t work like that in the books. Sansa may have to return to something closer to her probable book plot, in this respect. In which case, it will have to be resolved in some way. 

Tyrion and Sansa was unconsummated for one. And two, neither Roose nor Ramsey are the type to leave things up for chance so there must have been an annulment. Should have been easy on the ground of no consummation and both of them being wanted by the crown for Kingslaying.

I could however see Tyrion drop the 'wife' moniker now and then just to rile things up, especially if the North isn't very welcoming to Team Dany. Basically trying to discredit Sansa in front the Northern Lords (Lyanna Mormont redux) should she be resistant. However eventually Arya will shoot him a death glare and Tyrion will choke on his tongue and not do it again.

55 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Second, about Tyrion. I doubt show!Tyrion does that. It's simply doesn't fit with his show!personality.

As I see it something needs to bring Show Tyrion closer to his book Tyrion, and book Tyrion has a lot of resentment, on how he's treated, Sansa leaving KL, Not willing to bend the knee in the wedding, etc.

1 hour ago, OhOkayWhat said:

First, about Jaime. He will.atrive first WF. The GC needs first to arrive KL before ever thinking on going WF.

Well...LF had patented and mass produced his teleporter sometime in S6 (Varys had bought one already at the end of S6) because everyone had one in S7. The CG could very well use one too and make it to WF before Jamie.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Ha! A huge "I told you so" to all the people who claimed that I was wrong that this was exactly what Tyrion was doing last season.

Haha! Peter Dinklage comes off as anti Dany in this recap, that I now definitely believe he is going to betray her. It's almost like he was manipulating her from the time they first meet. Together with NCW and Lena's recaps, the Lannisters really hate Dany and her dragons lol!

"I'm not saying she abandoned us, but there's room on that dragon for more." - lol, maybe this is why Tyrion is betraying Dany.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Wouter said:

While I don’t know about being angry about (supposedly) enabling Dany, I do expect Sansa will be sensitive about being seen as Tyrion’s wife (as Lyanna Mormont threw in her face in s6), especially now that Tyrion has played a decisive role in getting Jon to kneel to Dany. And I wonder if the casual dismissal of the marriage in s5 may yet turn out to be not quite 100% valid, depending on point of view, considering things don’t work like that in the books. Sansa may have to return to something closer to her probable book plot, in this respect. In which case, it will have to be resolved in some way. 

Things don't work like that in the books, where mere lack of consummation isn't enough to void a marriage automatically as it apparently is in the show, but I doubt it will matter for D&D's purposes either way, since Tyrion and Sansa's book endgames will be the same as in the show. If their book destiny is to remain married, D&D will simply have them remarry. 

I suspect that the writers were unusually sloppy (even for them) about Sansa's legal ability to remarry because it's not going to matter very much either way; I seriously doubt GRRM is going to bother with an annulment in the books. Either Tyrion/Sansa is going to die, freeing up the other to remarry without any legal problems, or they're going to remain married, meaning all D&D have to do is remarry them to get them to their book endgame marital status.

49 minutes ago, Smad said:

I could however see Tyrion drop the 'wife' moniker now and then just to rile things up, especially if the North isn't very welcoming to Team Dany.

So his response to the Northerners not being welcoming to Team Dany would be to...piss them off even more by throwing the marriage in their faces? That makes no sense.

It also contradicts what we already saw in Season 7. Tyrion was very eager to allay possible concerns about the marriage issue even with Jon, who liked him. There's no reason to think he'll act like an asshole about the marriage to the Northern lords whom he knows despise him. Despite what his performance as Hand in S7 might suggest, he's not actually an idiot.

Basically trying to discredit Sansa in front the Northern Lords (Lyanna Mormont redux) should she be resistant. 

What would bringing up their marriage do to discredit Sansa? He would be giving her an incentive to push back even harder against Team Dany to prove her True Northerner mettle. There's every reason to think that Tyrion will handle the marriage issue with Sansa the way he handled it with Jon: downplay, downplay, use some self-deprecating humour, throw in a compliment, downplay, done. He hasn't even mentioned his marriage to Dany, so he obviously doesn't want to cause any trouble.

I agree. If Sansa rejected him, TV Tyrion would probably just shrug and move on. That's the sort of personality he has on the show.

The show has had plenty of time from Season 3 onwards to establish some sort of resentment on Tyrion's part towards Sansa--for rejecting him on their wedding night, for not loving him, for ruining his relationship with Shae due to Shae's jealousy, for framing him for regicide, for leaving him to die in KL, etc.--and there's been nothing. Not one whiff. On the contrary, he genuinely seems to hold no ill will towards her at all, as his conversation with Jon indicated. So if they're going to go from his current easygoing attitude towards Sansa to bitterness and resentment, the writers have their work cut out for them.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

So there is no confirmation at all that BLL will air in March? Why everyone thinks it will? I mean we already know about GoT and True Detective. If HBO really want BLL before GoT we would already know that IMO.

So is it possible to have GoT before April 21st? 

Edited by nikma
1 minute ago, Eyes High said:

So his response to the Northerners not being welcoming to Team Dany would be to...piss them off even more by throwing the marriage in their faces? That makes no sense.

No. If Sansa is not outright hostile or anti her 'husband', whose name is Lannister, that would be a perfectly good reason to discredit her in the North. Again, that's what Lyanna Mormont did in S6. Apparently the North is iffy about her previous marriages and people (aka fans) have argued that as one reason why she was overlooked for QitN. If the North rallies behind Sansa once Team Dany reaches WF, that would the way to sow distrust. Unless Tyrion is planning to betray Dany, in which case he wouldn't do that.

42 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

As I see it something needs to bring Show Tyrion closer to his book Tyrion, and book Tyrion has a lot of resentment, on how he's treated, Sansa leaving KL, Not willing to bend the knee in the wedding, etc.

They (Book!Tyrion and Show!Tyrion) can have the "same" endgame, each one with his own personality.

11 minutes ago, Smad said:

Well...LF had patented and mass produced his teleporter sometime in S6 (Varys had bought one already at the end of S6) because everyone had one in S7. The CG could very well use one too and make it to WF before Jamie.

Even if they sometimes rush plotlines, they keep the order of the elements in the narrative. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, nikma said:

So there is no confirmation at all that BLL will air in March? Why everyone thinks it will? I mean we already know about GoT and True Detective. If HBO really want BLL before GoT we would already know that IMO.

So is it possible to have GoT before April 21st? 

If BLL does a double episode airing like True Detective will in January, we could be looking at an April 14th premiere date. I think that's the absolute earliest, though.

No. If Sansa is not outright hostile or anti her 'husband', whose name is Lannister, that would be a perfectly good reason to discredit her in the North.

Discredit her to whom? The Northerners who hate Lannisters and Targaryens more than they could ever hate Sansa? Talking smack about Sansa to people who hate Lannisters more than they'll ever hate Sansa in an attempt to win them over hardly seems like a sound strategy. If anything, the Northerners will close ranks. Lyanna Mormont can talk shit about Sansa all she likes because she's a Northerner. It's sort of a "Nobody gets to insult my family but me"-type thing. If Tyrion, an outsider and a Lannister besides, tried that, he'd hardly get the same reception.

Anyone expecting Tyrion to act like an asshole towards Sansa in Season 8 should brace for disappointment. They've always had a good relationship in the show even under some pretty horrible circumstances, as the Sansa and Tyrion recaps pointed out. Tyrion and Sansa had plenty of time to decide they despise one another and they don't; they've only ever spoken well of each other since their parting. Sansa may well do her best haughty lady shtick with Tyrion in S8, but she's like that with pretty much everyone in the show now, so that's neither here nor there. I expect some awkwardness, but I don't expect awfulness.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

If BLL does a double episode airing like True Detective will in January, we could be looking at an April 14th premiere date. I think that's the absolute earliest, though.

But why we think BLL will air before GoT at all? There is no official confirmation and it should be if they really want that show before GoT.

10 minutes ago, Smad said:

No. If Sansa is not outright hostile or anti her 'husband', whose name is Lannister, that would be a perfectly good reason to discredit her in the North.

Or they will see the friendship between Sansa and Tyrion as an asset instead a problem.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, nikma said:

But why we think BLL will air before GoT at all? There is no official confirmation and it should be if they really want that show before GoT.

I think there was an article confirming BLL would air in the early spring, or words to that effect. GOT is confirmed for April and TD will end in very early March, so there has to be some sort of show that airs in that gap, and BLL will supposedly have six episodes, so it fits.

I'd imagine that they'd also want to air BLL before the Emmy cutoff date in May, so they'd pretty much have to air it during the March/April gap.

Edited by Eyes High

I can't find any official confirmation and I think it would be smarter to leave BLL for 2020 Emmys, since they won't have GoT then and Westworld won't win.

GoT will win at the next Emmys, so why would they waste BLL, that also has potential to win?

55 minutes ago, anamika said:

Haha! Peter Dinklage comes off as anti Dany in this recap, that I now definitely believe he is going to betray her. It's almost like he was manipulating her from the time they first meet. Together with NCW and Lena's recaps, the Lannisters really hate Dany and her dragons lol!

"I'm not saying she abandoned us, but there's room on that dragon for more." - lol, maybe this is why Tyrion is betraying Dany.

LOL! There really was room for a couple more people on Drogon. I haven't seen Peter's recap as yet. I look forward to seeing it.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Or they will see the friendship between Sansa and Tyrion as an asset instead a problem.

It can't be both is the point. Either the Lannister marriage smear works for or against her. Since they already used it once to discredit her, Tyrion can use it for whatever gain he wants should he see how the North reacts. And the reaction should be negative because that's what S6 told us. And I wouldn't call what Tyrion and Sansa have a friendship. It's been years since they have seen each other. And he's on the team that made Jon give up the North's freedom and brought the wall down with their stupidity.

24 minutes ago, Smad said:

Since they already used it once to discredit her, Tyrion can use it for whatever gain he wants should he see how the North reacts.

Only Lyanna. And many of the Lords of the North change their opinions easily. Finally, Tyrion will not use it against Sansa because that is not the Tyrion of the show.

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, anamika said:

One of the funniest bits of GOT Internet humour I've seen is a screencap of Missandei, Daario, Tyrion, and Jorah looking on as Dany flies away, with the words "That bitch did not just leave us here" superimposed on the image. Never gets old.

In retrospect, it's pretty funny because multiple people did pile on to Drogon in Season 7 when Dany rescued them. Granted, by then Drogon was a lot bigger than in Season 5, but still.

9 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Finally, Tyrion will not use it against Sansa because that is not the Tyrion of the show.

Yes, exactly.

• Love 3

Tyrion's feelings on the matter of marriage to Sansa don't really figure into it (because they never did - he had to do what he was told).

During the Conquest we have Rhaenys Targaryen who took Torrhen Stark's daughter and married her to a child-lord in the Vale for peace-binding. These marriages were a type of hostage-taking to suppress conflict. The Targaryens used this strategy to secure territory and strengthen feudal bonds to their House. Fire and Blood emphasizes this point. I think it's going to circle back around as history always does.

As I've mentioned before, I think Dany (if she wants to conquer Westeros), will have to play the role that Rhaenys did. She would take an available Stark daughter and marry her to either Tyrion or Sweetrobin. Tyrion may resist it but it would be an interesting turn of events if Dany became Tyrion's new Tywin. Tyrion is her servant after all - as is Jon.

7 minutes ago, Colorful Mess said:

Tyrion's feelings on the matter of marriage to Sansa don't really figure into it (because they never did - he had to do what he was told).

During the Conquest we have Rhaenys Targaryen who took Torrhen Stark's daughter and married her to a child-lord in the Vale for peace-binding. These marriages were a type of hostage-taking to suppress conflict. The Targaryens used this strategy to secure territory and strengthen feudal bonds to their House. Fire and Blood emphasizes this point. I think it's going to circle back around as history always does.

As I've mentioned before, I think Dany (if she wants to conquer Westeros), will have to play the role that Rhaenys did. She would take an available Stark daughter and marry her to either Tyrion or Sweetrobin. Tyrion may resist it but it would be an interesting turn of events if Dany became Tyrion's new Tywin. Tyrion is her servant after all - as is Jon.

I don't think Jon would allow Daenerys forcefully marrying his sister to Tyrion. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Colorful Mess said:

If anyone's going to play Tywin and try to get two people to marry for selfish political considerations, it's going to be Sansa conniving to marry off Jon and Dany to get Jon out of the picture.

2 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

I don't think Jon would allow Daenerys forcefully marrying his sister to Tyrion. 

I don't think Sansa would allow it, either, especially after Ramsay.

• Love 3

Please, no more forced marriages for Sansa. The main thing I want for her is to either choose her romantic partner, or to just say "fuck it" and get a couple of cats.

Dany would not endear herself to any Starks (or other northerners) by forcing one of them to marry Tyrion. 

1 minute ago, glowbug said:

The main conflict driving the plot in season 8 is the fight against the AOTD. 

There has to be some kind of character conflict as well. I mean I figure they're going to beat the Army of the Dead, right? They have to. So...what drives the character conflict? Dany not getting on with the northerners, Tyrion betrayal, Jon trying to reconcile his Targaryen heritage and how Ned Stark wasn't his father. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

There has to be some kind of character conflict as well. I mean I figure they're going to beat the Army of the Dead, right? They have to. So...what drives the character conflict? Dany not getting on with the northerners, Tyrion betrayal, Jon trying to reconcile his Targaryen heritage and how Ned Stark wasn't his father. 

Well that’s not enough apparently. There always has to be a mad queen evil Dany conspiracy theory thrown in 😂😂😂

• Love 2