Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, GraceK said:

Nice. Season one and book one foreshadowing for Arya seems to be still important. I am pretty sure Arya is going to end up as a leader - whether in KL or WF is the question.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, anamika said:

Nice. Season one and book one foreshadowing for Arya seems to be still important. I am pretty sure Arya is going to end up as a leader - whether in KL or WF is the question.

All the Starks will be important, and I think all leaders in one way or another ( if the pack survives ), it may be more personal for Arya though.

GRRM likes threes, 3 Starks: Bran Sansa Arya, three Targs: Jon, Danny and baby makes three.

Tywin's line gone ( hopefully ), Not sure on Baratheon can go either way.

3 hours ago, OhOkayWhat said:

About Arya and her season 1 foreshadowing, I think the core of it will be the "that's no me" scene. In other words, I think, at the end, we will have Arya the adventurer.

She asks if she can be a lord of the holdfast and Ned counters that she'll marry a high lord and rule his castle and her sons will be knights, lords and princes.

She responds that that's not her(a family woman). 

In the books, she counters that's not her, that's Sansa.

23 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

She asks if she can be a lord of the holdfast and Ned counters that she'll marry a high lord and rule his castle and her sons will be knights, lords and princes.

She responds that that's not her(a family woman). 

In the books, she counters that's not her, that's Sansa.

I think we need to add the Season 1 "that's not me" with the "that's not you" (Nymeria scene) of Season 7

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 1

Game of Thrones promotion for their final season has been abysmal. And it's not like the other seasons - this is the final one and it's not aired for a year. And all we have got is recycled clips and posters from past episodes. Their ad guys must be some of the least inventive people working in this field. If not a trailer with actual scenes, they could come up with other kinds of made up promo using CGI or actors or new posters or something. Rather boring and it's only made the hiatus seem longer.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, anamika said:

*stage whispers*Lady of Winterfell

9 hours ago, OhOkayWhat said:

About Arya and her season 1 foreshadowing, I think the core of it will be the "that's no me" scene. In other words, I think, at the end, we will have Arya the adventurer.

I dunno. I thought so, too, at first, but Cogman (I think) said that the “That’s not you” scene with Nymeria, where she realizes that Nymeria won’t be anyone’s pet, “might be foreshadowing” for Arya’s end. If Arya at the end of S8 was going to pull a Nymeria and go off on her merry way, would they really spoil it so blatantly?

I also think Maisie has low key implied that Arya’s S8 ending was a bit of a WTF for her, which heading off to have adventures and happily leaving Winterfell to Sansa or Bran or whomever would not be.

2 hours ago, anamika said:

Game of Thrones promotion for their final season has been abysmal. And it's not like the other seasons - this is the final one and it's not aired for a year. And all we have got is recycled clips and posters from past episodes. Their ad guys must be some of the least inventive people working in this field. If not a trailer with actual scenes, they could come up with other kinds of made up promo using CGI or actors or new posters or something. Rather boring and it's only made the hiatus seem longer.

I don’t mind the character and house recaps, but the rollout has been dismal. They got released abroad but not in North America, most people haven’t even seen them as far as I can tell, they should be up on the GOT YouTube channel but aren’t...It’s just a disaster.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

So if Arya IS LOWF, where are the guessing for: Jon, Bran, and Sansa ?

I think they all survive, would Bran stay in WF as a shell?

Sansa in the Eyrie or maybe tied to both the Eyrie and RR ( in book ) she could somehow get LF titles maybe /maybe not.

Jon -King  ?                                  

59 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

So if Arya IS LOWF, where are the guessing for: Jon, Bran, and Sansa ?

I think they all survive, would Bran stay in WF as a shell?

Sansa in the Eyrie or maybe tied to both the Eyrie and RR ( in book ) she could somehow get LF titles maybe /maybe not.

Jon -King  ?                                  

The Vale for Sansa, I could see. I go back and forth between thinking Sansa as LOW is her endgame and I’m overthinking it and thinking that Sansa became LOW too soon for it to be her endgame position.

• Love 1

Most likely Bran would be Lord of Winterfell.  Most likely Arya will end up with Gendry (and you know marry a lord just like what Ned wanted for her) and be the Lady of Storm's End.  

In the books both Bran and Arya had doubts about being a good lord or lady.  Bran because of his accident and Arya because she wasn't good at traditionally feminine skills.  I think that in the end both of them will realize that they can be a lord or lady.

I don't know what Sansa's fate will be.  I think she will survive and be part of the rebuilding efforts.  I think that Sansa's next marriage will be for love and will not be politically important since people used her for her claim before.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I dunno. I thought so, too, at first, but Cogman (I think) said that the “That’s not you” scene with Nymeria, where she realizes that Nymeria won’t be anyone’s pet, “might be foreshadowing” for Arya’s end. If Arya at the end of S8 was going to pull a Nymeria and go off on her merry way, would they really spoil it so blatantly?

You have a point there, but then, how many people watch/read that behind of scenes commentaries?. And from that number , how many will conclude exactly the same ending?

3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I also think Maisie has low key implied that Arya’s S8 ending was a bit of a WTF for her, which heading off to have adventures and happily leaving Winterfell to Sansa or Bran or whomever would not be.

The problem is we don't know what she expected before reading.

10 minutes ago, GraceK said:

You beat me to it. I was just about to post this. 🥺 ooof I don’t know what to think anymore!!!

It pretty much guarantees for me that Daenerys dies. 

He linked the Red Wedding, Robb's death and not ending the way we expect to the series' ending.

So I guess Tyrion and Daenerys die at the end.

7 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

It pretty much guarantees for me that Daenerys dies. 

He linked the Red Wedding, Robb's death and not ending the way we expect to the series' ending.

I’m not ready to accept that yet. It could just mean Tyrion. His death alone would shock and appall the audience, and would be unexpected. Most people expect Dany to die, and there’s a strong contingent of fans that want her to die, so I don’t think her death would really be all that shocking at this point. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I will be in the Dany Lives minority until the bitter end 😊

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GraceK said:

I’m not ready to accept that yet. It could just mean Tyrion. His death alone would shock and appall the audience, and would be unexpected. Most people expect Dany to die, and there’s a strong contingent of fans that want her to die, so I don’t think her death would really be all that shocking at this point. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

How many casuals expect Daenerys to die? John isn't speaking from a book perspective.

Hell, Daenerys is one of the most popular characters on the show if not the most popular and is constantly rooted for.

Edited by WindyNights
  • Love 2

I really cannot guess which character is going to die from John's comment. It can be anyone.

People have all sorts of expectations after season 7. Tyrion is a good guy who is expected to end up as someone's adviser or even ruler. Pretty much everyone is 100% sure that Sansa is going to end up as Lady of WF and just cannot die because her story is about survival. A lot of people expect one of Jon/Dany or both of them to die since this is GOT and therefore no 'disney ending'.

Robb Stark was not a central character, but a character whose death set the stage for later events. It could be that another Stark dies, even though it was difficult and challenging and the other characters are pushed to action because of it. Tyrion's betrayal could lead to someone dying like the red weddding. Jon and Dany could be dying. Or he could be referring to Tyrion's execution, if there is one. Who knows. The only thing the actors have consistently maintained is that it's an unpredictable, divisive ending but ultimately satisfying.

Just now, WindyNights said:

How many casuals expect Daenerys to die?

Many. Because this is GOT. No one is safe and anyone can die is GOT's motto among the broader audience. It's actually book readers who don't think that GRRM is into killing off his main characters willy nilly to subvert tropes.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Boy, I surely don't know how I feel about this, I like Tyrion ( TV ) but book wise he's dark gray and I want him and his immediate siblings gone.

And Danny; you think 7 years in I be off the fence with her, but I'm not.

I be okay if she lives as long as all the dragons die in the end.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

I'd add Jon to that group. Robb was a Stark after all, the most beloved family that everyone roots for.

And since we know for a fact that Sansa, Arya and Bran make it to episode 6, it doesn't sound good for him.

I'm starting to seriously consider the idea that the main 5 in terms of paychecks - Jon, Dany and the Lannisters- will all die. Certainly fits the "brave" ending and the cast fearing the audience's reaction.

I'd hate it, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

And since we know for a fact that Sansa, Arya and Bran make it to episode 6, it doesn't sound good for him.

All characters make it to episode 6.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

I meant the Dragonpit filming / Tyrion's trial / the big council or whatever that scene is.

I am not sure we can say with 100% surety that whatever was filmed there confirms that Sansa, Arya and Bran survived till episode 6 without knowing what was filmed there - and this is still unknown. Episode 5 and 6 will possibly involve battles in KL. Two people have conflicting information about what was filmed there.

Besides which, I am pretty sure that Jon, Dany and Tyrion will also be featured heavily in episode 6. If Cersei is still around, then even Jaime could make it the final episode. If main characters like Jon, Dany and Tyrion are dying, it will be towards the very end.

24 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Bran, Sansa and Arya make it past the War for the Dawn. That means they're 100 % safe.

We don't know any such thing. You are speculating based on Friki's leaks. Which maybe wrong.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, anamika said:

I am not sure we can say with 100% surety that whatever was filmed there confirms that Sansa, Arya and Bran survived till episode 6 without knowing what was filmed there - and this is still unknown. Episode 5 and 6 will possibly involve battles in KL. Two fleakers have conflicting information about what was filmed there.

Besides which, I am pretty sure that Jon, Dany and Tyrion will also be featured heavily in episode 6. If Cersei is still around, then even Jaime could make it the final episode. If main characters like Jon, Dany and Tyrion are dying, it will be towards the very end.

We don't know any such thing. You are speculating based on Friki's leaks. Which maybe wrong.

Friki's leaks match Javi's.

5 minutes ago, anamika said:

I am not sure we can say with 100% surety that whatever was filmed there confirms that Sansa, Arya and Bran survived till episode 6 without knowing what was filmed there - and this is still unknown. Episode 5 and 6 will possibly involve battles in KL. Two fleakers have conflicting information about what was filmed there.

Yeah, the last scene could be the damn DP blows to smithereens.

13 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Friki's leaks match Javi's.

So? Friki and Javi could be both wrong. There is another leaker who says that she heard differently about what was filmed there. We don't know who is right and I don't see these leaks or interviews as any sort of clue as to which character lives or dies at the end.

I don't think that even Tyrion is going to die, to be honest.

33 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

I'm starting to seriously consider the idea that the main 5 in terms of paychecks - Jon, Dany and the Lannisters- will all die. Certainly fits the "brave" ending and the cast fearing the audience's reaction.

It would definitely be brave for the show to kill off all their interesting and popular characters with the most screen time and development and end with Bran, Arya and Sansa. I would find such an ending disappointing and would feel that they should have spend more time on properly developing the Stark children instead of giving us the versions we currently have on the show.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, anamika said:

It would definitely be brave for the show to kill off all their interesting and popular characters with the most screen time and development and end with Bran, Arya and Sansa. I would find such an ending disappointing and would feel that they should have spend more time on properly developing the Stark children instead of giving us the versions we currently have on the show.

I'm with you here. Bran and Arya especially have been mostly supporting characters these past seasons. 

But I do think some people would find it satisfying if Ned's children were the only ones left standing. Not me, but a good percentage.

And Sansa and Arya have been specifically mentioned as "characters with the best arcs / great players" by some cast and crew members lately. So I'm not ruling out that ending.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, anamika said:

So? Friki and Javi could be both wrong. There is another leaker who says that she heard differently about what was filmed there. We don't know who is right and I don't see these leaks or interviews as any sort of clue as to which character lives or dies at the end.

I don't think that even Tyrion is going to die, to be honest.

They were probably given more screentime to lend weight to their inevitable demise and thereby increase the tragedy. It's not like there will be a sequel where you can use those dead characters anyways. Similar to Robb Stark. But yes, that means that the show fucked up even more than we thought by not taking proper care of the Stark kids' storylines.

------

They could both be wrong but no one with credibility has said that Tyrion's trial won't happen. BSB is only maintaining that the dragonpit has been described differently not that Tyrion isn't guilty of betrayal or won't die.

Edited by WindyNights
2 hours ago, Nightingale said:

I'm with you here. Bran and Arya especially have been mostly supporting characters these past seasons. 

But I do think some people would find it satisfying if Ned's children were the only ones left standing. Not me, but a good percentage.

And Sansa and Arya have been specifically mentioned as "characters with the best arcs / great players" by some cast and crew members lately. So I'm not ruling out that ending.

Well I think Bran and Arya were just put in a resting mode until the skills were really needed. GRRM and D & D could have put anyone in the kill Freys, LF, Ramsey , Joffery mode and most part George did that, D & D did some and switched some and may have left some out on purpose.

I think they intended for Jon, Danny, Tyrion and Sansa to get people and houses together with the skill sets given, then Tyrion, Sansa, moving to the background protecting ,supporting the others and protecting their respective houses.

Bran, Arya, Jon and Danny fighting the dead along with the important back up personal.

I know I fall into the NO MORE DEAD STARKS column.

Edited by GrailKing
misspelled word, kill for skill.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Nightingale said:

Well, Braavos only exists because Arya (and a little bit because the Iron Bank).That's a lot for a "supporting" character.

1 hour ago, WindyNights said:

But yes, that means that the show fucked up even more than we thought by not taking proper care of the Stark kids' storylines.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Arya screentime is the 85% (maybe more, maybe less) of Dany screentime. She has a character arc waiting its conclusion too.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Well, Braavos only exists because Arya (and a little bit because the Iron Bank).That's a lot for a "supporting" character.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Arya screentime is the 85% (maybe more, maybe less) of Dany screentime. She has a character arc waiting its conclusion too.

I can see Arya blowing that up easily next season.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GraceK said:

You beat me to it. I was just about to post this. 🥺 ooof I don’t know what to think anymore!!!

These interviews are like Rorschach ink blots: the interpretation you come up says more about you than about the words themselves, and a dozen different cast and crew members, all of whom know the ending, have said a dozen different, often contradictory things about the ending. David Nutter said that Season 8 is inspiring, and no matter how you feel about Jon, Dany and Tyrion, there will be little inspiring about any of them dying. Isaac mused that the ending will be too happy for some, and it’s hard to see how that would be the case for one or more of the most popular characters on the show dying.

And what can these cast and crew members say, anyway? They have to hype the ending, but they have to do so in a way that doesn’t spoil anything about the content of the ending, and they are incessantly being asked by reporters whether they think the ending is “satisfying,” which is a veiled way of asking whether it’s a happy ending. They can’t win.

Probably the best thing to do is what Gwendoline, Peter and now John have done: make lots of grim insinuations about tragedy, challenging endings, the audience needing therapy, etc. without actually revealing anything. If the ending turns out to be grim, well, the fans were prepared. And if it’s a happy ending, it will be a pleasant surprise.

The last thing I would say is that of the dozens of cast involved over the course of the show, the only ones who have ever given anything significant away ahead of a season to air who are still on the show are Sophie and Maisie, and even they have managed to keep their traps shut about the ending. If you’re hoping this or that cast member will drop some morsel that will give the game away, you’re in for disappointment, and if they say something that does appear to give the game away, like Emilia’s infamous “fucked me up” comment or Peter repeatedly alluding to Tyrion’s death, they’re probably lying through their teeth.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, nikma said:

So GRRM may have Starks as rulers at the end, but in his books they are smaller characters than Quentyn Martell lol

Did you mean someone else besides Quentyn? 'Cause Quentyn dies in the same book that he's introduced in. 

1 hour ago, WindyNights said:

Did you mean someone else besides Quentyn? 'Cause Quentyn dies in the same book that he's introduced in. 

Well he is bigger character in that book than Sansa, but you can use Brienne as an example as well. Or Davos. Or Theon. 

4 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Arya perhaps was a supporting character for the last few episodes of the Winterfell story in Season 6, but I can't see the argument for her as a supporting character otherwise.  Indeed, she was sufficiently important to sustain her own storyline largely unconnected to everything else from Seasons 2 through 6, including being the only one of the Stark kids to get their post-ASOS training arc story adapted in detail (Sansa's they basically rewrote completely, Bran's stayed seemingly the same but was moved offscreen).

Bran, absolutely, has been a minor character for a long time despite his nominal importance.  I get the sense that in a version of this story that wasn't trying to replicate GRRM's endgame to some degree, his story would have ended with him splatting against the ground in Season 1 Episode 1.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Alright, I need to clear that up. Bran has been a supporting character for the past 3 seasons. Arya was a supporting character only last season. 

Of course Arya's storyline is one of the most important ones and in the books I would even argue she's the female lead or at least equal to Daenerys.

But it was clear to me that in season 7 both Bran and Arya were written as supporting characters in the Winterfell storyline with Sansa as the main and that they were portrayed as less important than her. But that's probably what this particular storyline demanded, since it was mostly political.

As GrailKing said, that might be switched next season.

• Love 2
On 12/15/2018 at 7:58 PM, Eyes High said:

I think Maisie is personally a huge Sophie/Sansa fan and has sold Arya short herself - which I really cannot blame her for, given how one dimensional the writing has been for Arya thus far. She has in essence been reduced to her list, revenge and fighting on the show. And that's how most of the cast see the character.

HBO: What do you think of Arya’s role as executioner?

Maisie Williams: It’s sort of how she sees herself in life. She has her own personal list, but I think moving forward with House Stark, this is maybe how she’s going to be. Sophie and I always said it would amazing to see Sansa on the throne and Arya as her Hand, and although that’s not really the case, they’re still playing those sorts of roles with each other.

This was before they got the season 8 scripts. Liam Cunningham has called Arya a serial killer:

Let me throw something out to you people.
There’s a lot of young ladies I speak to and when I say “what do you think of the ladies (in GoT)?” they say “Arya is such a great role model”.
I go “Yeah ok, let me stop you there. She’s a serial killer!”.

A lot of young ladies are using her as a role model, in five-ten years’ time, let’s not examine where that might go!

I do agree that Arya is GRRM's lead female character and he has something important planned for her journey and end. And that in itself is going to be very surprising and unpredictable for a cast who think Arya is a serial killer destined to be Sansa's executioner. Couple that with Tyrion possibly doing some shady stuff for his family, some major characters getting killed off, Bran playing a central role in defeating the NK - I can see why the cast find next season to be so unpredictable and grim. The show and the books have been diverging for some time now and they may have to meet up at the same ending.

I think we will see a lot of difference in season 8 Arya and Bran as they start aligning with their book counterparts. We all know Maisie has filmed a lot. But I think Isaac has also filmed more this time around. He was still in Belfast early June and that's a lot of filming for a character constrained to his chair. At Denver comic con on June 16th, Isaac mentioned that he took his Bran costume off for the last time a few days ago. Which means he was still filming when John Bradley and Emilia Clarke were winding up.

It's funny that anytime someone says - unpredictable and sad - people immediately jump to Jon/Dany dying. As if there are no other characters or scenarios and as if the actors don't have some expectations themselves. For John Bradley, a Red Wedding type event could involve him and baby Sam and Gilly. Everyone want the Starks to get a happy ending. For Gwen, the audience may require therapy after Jaime dies in Brienne's arms. NCW may love it because Jaime finally gets away from Cersei and has a story independent of her and maybe he gets to die heroically. Sophie's twitter feed is filled with Jonsa/Queen Sansa stans who want Sansa to be queen and apparently that's what Sophie and Maisie want as well. Kit thinks that as per the story, Tyrion is the only right candidate for the Iron Throne and will end up sitting on it. Emilia has not said much, but I would think that she wants Dany to succeed in her endeavors. Dinklage has said that Tyrion gets a beautiful ending and he sounds like someone who is absolutely into tragic, bittersweet endings.

Denver comic con vid with Isaac and Kristian. It's short and rather fun. As always , I find Isaac to be well spoken and intelligent for someone his age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXr0CIW_Edo

Isaac hesitates to name who he wants to get the Iron Throne since he already knows the ending of the show. This tells me that there will be an Iron Throne in the end.

The way Isaac speaks about 3ER Bran makes me think that he is going to be the same next season as well - he's not suddenly going to become a ruler. 3ER's disadvantage is he has access to the entire book but does not know where to look. That's probably where Sam comes in.

Isaac likes Bran/Meera in the books but thinks Bran and Melisandre will be a good pairing. Thinks their weirdness will go well together and they can say weird shit in bed! Isaac is horrified when Kristian mentions that Bran will want to bang Arya - Bran is weird, but not that weird and they are all Starks! I think we can rule out any incestual pairings among the Stark siblings in the end considering how horrified Isaac looked at the very suggestion. I don't see Bran marrying his sisters or Jonarya happening.

As per Isaac, this is Game of Thrones and don't expect any happy reunions. Does not look good for Jon/Arya next season.

And lastly this was on June 16th, and Isaac mentions taking off his Bran costume for the last time a few days ago. So Isaac probably wrapped sometime early-mid June. Filming then was taking place on the KL set, the Cushenden caves and Saintfield.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 4

Given that S8 promotion has been pretty lousy, I don't know if this will result in anything, but HBO has apparently announced a GOT marathon of showing a season a day starting December 26th and going until January 1st. Could this mean a new teaser on Christmas Day? New Year's Day at the end of the marathon? Premiere date announcement, maybe? I still think it's too soon to expect anything in the way of a trailer, but we can hope.

It looks like there won't be any HBO year ender video containing new footage, or rather the HBO year ender is just the version we already saw in August, with the Jon/Sansa footage being the only new footage. Rats.

1 hour ago, anamika said:

I can see why the cast find next season to be so unpredictable and grim.

We know what they've said about the ending, sure, but we don't know what they actually think, and their preseason comments about the ending can't be trusted for obvious reasons. After S8, I want to hear all about their thoughts, but before? It's pretty much just hype.

It's not like Richard Madden and Michelle Fairley were going around during the S3 preseason promo tour dropping ominous hints about their characters' fates. To hear Michelle Fairley talk about her character in S3, it sounded like all she'd be doing was squabbling with Talisa. And while we're on the subject of preseason actor interviews not being representative of their fates...

Dinklage has said that Tyrion gets a beautiful ending and he sounds like someone who is absolutely into tragic, bittersweet endings.

Perhaps, but given that he has teased Tyrion's death more than once, in the Vulture interview and in an Entertainment Tonight interview, and that he has made dark insinuations about Tyrion's storyline in other interviews (the comments about how Tyrion has to face some things about himself he didn't want to face in the NPR interview), I think a grain or two of salt is required.

Comcast recently said that Game of Thrones was its most-streamed series on demand this year. That is without a single new episode. Given that kind of statistic, why would HBO bother with promotion for the new season yet? It's the holidays; people are watching less TV, shows are taking their winter breaks. People in general don't really care about house or character recaps; those are for a small, dedicated audience. The new season is still four months off. I would say that promotion will heavily ramp up in February and March.

I still say Super Bowl Sunday for the first big trailer. Nothing gets a big television audience like the Super Bowl. We may get something minor before then.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, WindyNights said:

They could both be wrong but no one with credibility has said that Tyrion's trial won't happen. BSB is only maintaining that the dragonpit has been described differently not that Tyrion isn't guilty of betrayal or won't die.

BSB says she has no information about a Tyrion trial and doesn't know what will or won't happen with him. She does maintain that action was filmed at Seville, at least greenscreens were used and stunt people were there.

Friki, though, has stated that HBO went for massive misdirection in Seville by flying in actors that didn't film (Joe Dempsie, for example, Jon's body double was also singled out) and by having extras train for an action scene that never was filmed (according to Friki). He also stated that it was an intimate, natural scene without CGI (no green screen, no props) and without any action.

BSB has admitted her information clashes with Friki's (who is backed-up by Javi) and that time will tell who has the correct information. They can't both be (100%) right though!

Friki and Javi have the advantage of their reputation and they actually come face-to-face with fans, they are not anonymous. This gives them credence, allthough it doesn't mean it's certain they got the right info (Friki's statement of Bran citing "I always chose my family" may be a bit suspect in this regard, as it is a book-only line).

BSB is an anonymous member of the Freefolk Reddit group which means she has far less credence, but OTOH her (limited) leaks sound more in line with logical expectations. Then again, when Lads told us about the wight hunt before S7 it was hard to believe, too, so maybe Tyrion does betray the good guys.