Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

I think that "democracy in Westeros" would be a laughable ending. When Varys made his "for the people" speech, I think he was pretty much told to watch it. D is the rightful queen, she wants to make things better for her subjects but she is going to RULE. And it's dragonfire if you disagree. 

A lot will depend on how much of a kingdom is left after war with the NK, with Cersei and with any vested interests that object to the wheel being broken. There may be no wheel left to break.

The major players left, who count as nominally good, have for the most part suffered loss (if Jaime survives he'll have lost his hand, his children and his sister), trauma, pain etc - so we could see some kind of a ruling faction headed by D all of whom are committed to Getting It Right This Time. 

The people will follow whoever saves them. 

It won't be what we see as democracy; further, it won't last. It will be seen as a golden age in another, future age of fear and war. 

• Love 2

I'm not talking Congress and elections. I'm talking about democratic thinking: social and political equality, a say in governance, people making choices, etc. Dany already subscribes to a lot of that ideology. Do I see her knocking down all the castles in the last episode and holding elections for representatives in each area? Of course not. Could I see her destroying the Iron Throne and laying the foundation for a new type of govt? Yep.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

It's plausible - the Middle Ages saw a fair bit of radical thinking but without widescale literacy it sort of got stuck at the peasant revolt stage. 

For me it's important it's not Robin Hood Prince of Thieves "freedom" idiocy or a sudden planting of the liberty tree. 

• Love 1
On 9/16/2017 at 11:24 AM, Nash said:

I think that "democracy in Westeros" would be a laughable ending. When Varys made his "for the people" speech, I think he was pretty much told to watch it. D is the rightful queen, she wants to make things better for her subjects but she is going to RULE. And it's dragonfire if you disagree. 

It would be interesting if Jon and Dany agree that he is the rightful heir but since he doesn't want it and she does, then she should be the one to rule and establish a new government.  Then, in the process of making Westeros more democratic and allowing the people to choose their leaders, Dany discovers the people want Jon and not her.  That would definitely cause some friction between the two of them, not mention the irony of the person breaking the wheel being rejected because of her own revolutionary ideas and intervention.  The concept that people want to maintain the old familiar structure and refuse a new system could definitely work as a plausible ending, imo.

Ha! That would be entertaining; a bit more Terry Pratchett than GRRM? I must admit that I'm suspecting that GRRM wants D to introduce some kind of proto-democracy. That is, I think quite mad as it would jump from high feudalism/absolutism right into, well the 1770s; the thing is that either she tinkers with Govt to heal the land (Aragorns tax policy) or the land is healed because she is the rightful queen an' all. I'm not sure if there is a middle line.

and yes, it'd be a hoot if the residents of fleabottom said "nah, keep yer crown, we'll settle for another couple of pence and less goldcloaks. We like a nice execution though - good for pie sales."

• Love 2

Even if was just nobles deciding on some sort elected King, its going to lead to years of warfare. Eventually someone strong enough with the right alliances/marriages just takes over and establishes a new dynasty.

• Love 1

Jon  is focused on the army of dead.  I doubt he will waste time brooding.

1. Arya takes LF's face and heads south to KL.  The Mountain kills her.

2. Jorah catches Varys in betrayal, and Varys drinks posion to avoid being burned to death.

3. Sansa goes to Jamie's cell to kill him, but Brienne kills Sansa.

4. NK attacks WF, kills Gilly and Sam, and takes Little Sam.  NK retreats.  Vyserion and Drogon are killed.

5. Tyrion flees with Jamie and Brienne to KL.

6. Dany's prego and stays with Bran and the CotF in Reed's marshes.

7.  Jon attacks KL with Rhaegon and burns it to ground.  Jon dies, Hound kills the mountain, Tyrion is the only one who survives the battle.  There are no winners.

8. Dany dies at birth.

Edited by thegreathoo

So I just saw an instagram pic from Emilia Clarke where she has dyed her hair platinum blonde so she can ditch the wig for season 8.  It looks much shorter, too.   I must admit I have always hated her wig with a fiery passion and no more so than during boatsex when Kit had to hold it in place for the entire scene.  It does make me wonder how her new look will be explained or what the cause of it (in the show) might be.  Maybe they want to give her a tougher, more warrior-like appearance in season 8, like Brienne?  Or perhaps Dany will have some kind of very physical scenes next season that make using the wig impossible?  

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, domina89 said:

So I just saw an instagram pic from Emilia Clarke where she has dyed her hair platinum blonde so she can ditch the wig for season 8.  It looks much shorter, too.   I must admit I have always hated her wig with a fiery passion and no more so than during boatsex when Kit had to hold it in place for the entire scene.  It does make me wonder how her new look will be explained or what the cause of it (in the show) might be.  Maybe they want to give her a tougher, more warrior-like appearance in season 8, like Brienne?  Or perhaps Dany will have some kind of very physical scenes next season that make using the wig impossible?  

Interesting.  I wonder (hope) if Sophie Turner will ditch the wig next season as well.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, domina89 said:

Good catch. Link here.

Can't wait to see Dany in costume with short hair, assuming it's indeed for Dany.

Maybe it's something Emilia just wanted to do for herself (unrelated to GOT). It sure sounds like she did it for GOT, though:

I done did it. Mother of dragons meet Emilia. Emilia meet mother of dragons. If you squint just so you might never know. ?⚡️ All hail to the magnificence of @kevalexanderhair and @candicebanks74 the genius creators of 'KHALEESI WIG' (and not forgetting all the hair on game of thrones for 8 glorious years) for at long last making this magical moment a reality. ??❤️????
#khaleesikicksoff 
#gameofthrones
#cominghomeneverfeltsogood

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

Interesting.  I wonder (hope) if Sophie Turner will ditch the wig next season as well.

Sophie has already had her hair dyed red for months, to film X-Men: Dark Phoenix.  The use of the wig in Season 7 seems to have been because she couldn't dye it back immediately after she first dyed it blonde.

Interesting choice on Emilia's part.  I'd guess that it's more in the realm of something she wanted to try at some point, rather than something content-related.  People wearing wigs in action scenes is not new in filmmaking.

• Love 4

Presumably the cast have their scripts by now? They start shooting in a few weeks. 

I hope Sophie keeps her hair red, it's such a silly nitpick but her hair was so wiggy last season it distracted me from her acting sometimes. Emilia's mass of braids always looked like it weighed 10 pounds.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Maybe it's something Emilia just wanted to do for herself (unrelated to GOT). It sure sounds like she did it for GOT, though:

So maybe Dany cuts her hair after losing a battle?  Dothraki style?  I'm just throwing ideas out there...

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, domina89 said:

So maybe Dany cuts her hair after losing a battle?  Dothraki style?  I'm just throwing ideas out there...

Yes, sounds about right. Or it gets burned off.

Edited by Eyes High

Unfortunately, D&D love that long platinum wig on Dany. I don't see Emilia escaping it anytime soon.

I noticed that they didn't dye or paint her eyebrows. Ugh.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Nash said:

Ha! That would be entertaining; a bit more Terry Pratchett than GRRM? I must admit that I'm suspecting that GRRM wants D to introduce some kind of proto-democracy. That is, I think quite mad as it would jump from high feudalism/absolutism right into, well the 1770s; the thing is that either she tinkers with Govt to heal the land (Aragorns tax policy) or the land is healed because she is the rightful queen an' all. I'm not sure if there is a middle line.

and yes, it'd be a hoot if the residents of fleabottom said "nah, keep yer crown, we'll settle for another couple of pence and less goldcloaks. We like a nice execution though - good for pie sales."

I mean this is all based on the assumption that Daenerys even survives to rule when all this talk about "breaking the wheel" just reeks of the writers not actually wanting to follow through with it or "breaking the wheel" is actually foreshadowing for ending the long seasons and destroying the Others.

12 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Unfortunately, D&D love that long platinum wig on Dany. I don't see Emilia escaping it anytime soon.

I noticed that they didn't dye or paint her eyebrows. Ugh.

Because her eyebrows were invisible while she was in Essos so they left them natural.

On 9/16/2017 at 1:59 AM, Nash said:

The TV series apparently ends up in the same place as the books. I say apparently because that's what we've been told and it might just be maskirova by HBO to allow GRRM to finish it all his own way. Sometime. 

So take it at face value we are playing guessing games as to what GRRM thinks is a good ending. I don't have a clue. I'd settle for D&J ruling jointly with a vaguely happier outlook for Westeros in the short to medium term. 

That's already been debunked:

Interviewers: To what degree do you feel it needs to be perfectly congruent with the vision of the endgame of the novels that Martin presented to you?

BENIOFF: It’s already too late for that. We’re already well past the point of it jibing 100 percent. We’ve passed George and that’s something that George always worried about — the show catching up and ultimately passing him — but the good thing about us diverging at this point is that George’s books will still be a surprise for readers who have seen the show. Certain things that we learned from George way back in that meeting in Santa Fe are going to happen on the show, but certain things won’t. And there’s certain things where George didn’t know what was going to happen, so we’re going to find them out for the first time too, along with millions of readers when we read those book.

People need to read more interviews by D & D and GRRM. They're enlightening.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Enlightening? Maybe. Sometimes they are open to interpretation too.

Yes, given that HBO want to keep the entire thing under wraps for a long as possible, I'm not sure I'd believe much. It's an indicator, yes but that's all. 

I started with the books but the glacial pace of GRRMs writing has meant that HBO is canon in my mind. The books? If they arrive I might read them but I can't say I feel a great need to. 

• Love 1
On 9/16/2017 at 8:55 AM, TarotQueen said:

And this is two characters who share the closest genetic relationship in the world (twinship) making the incest involved the most explicit kind.  One of whom is roundly hated and the other of whom is only controversially favored.

Actually Jaime and Cersie are as genetically close as Tyrion and Cersie or even Tyrion and Jaime. They are fraternal twins not identical. But I get your point about the eternal closeness.

On 9/16/2017 at 8:55 AM, TarotQueen said:
  On 9/15/2017 at 3:43 AM, Inquiry said:

How do you think the incest conflict will be played out to make it palatable to casual viewers? 

When has this show EVER tried to make anything palatable to casual viewers?  The name of the game of this show is OUTRAGEOUS.

• Love 1

Since 2014, D&D have consistently said In interviews that the main characters will have same endings/fates as they will have in the books and that is what we should expect to happen. They said met with GRRM and went over the fates of the characters. He knew the fates of the main characters, but only vague ideas about the others. GRRM confirmed this back then. Of course, he thought he would have the books written ahead of the show so he was forthcoming about the direction the story was going. This is why I will be happy with whatever ending plays out in next season. I just want to know what happens. I have read at least two sci fantasy stories, where the writer never wrote the third book and boy, was that annoying. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Since 2014, D&D have consistently said In interviews that the main characters will have same endings/fates as they will have in the books and that is what we should expect to happen. They said met with GRRM and went over the fates of the characters. He knew the fates of the main characters, but only vague ideas about the others. GRRM confirmed this back then. Of course, he thought he would have the books written ahead of the show so he was forthcoming about the direction the story was going. This is why I will be happy with whatever ending plays out in next season. I just want to know what happens. I have read at least two sci fantasy stories, where the writer never wrote the third book and boy, was that annoying. 

They've recently said that things GRRM told them will happen in the end won't happen in the show. 

They could very well change character fates.

31 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

They've recently said that things GRRM told them will happen in the end won't happen in the show. 

They could very well change character fates.

Sure they could, but they haven't said that they would and they have never contradicted their previous statements that the main characters will have similar fates to the ones that Martin told them will happen in the books.  They have always said that they have known almost everything that would happen in the final season because unlike Martin, they have to plot and plan out the characters' actions for multiple seasons way in advance. However, whatever happens on the show at the end, I have no doubt that the many of the book devotees who aren't happy will claim that D&D did change the ending for fan service, etc.  

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Sure they could, but they haven't said that they would and they have never contradicted their previous statements that the main characters will have different fates to the ones that Martin told them will happen in the books.  They have always said that they have known almost everything that would happen in the final season because unlike Martin, they have to plot and plan out the characters' actions for multiple seasons way in advance. However, whatever happens on the show at the end, I have no doubt that the many of the book devotees who aren't happy will claim that D&D did change the ending for fan service, etc.  

See when they say that things in the book's endgame won't happen in the show, that's sets up the likelihood that character fates are going to be changed which I support because they should do what makes sense to the show not the books.

1 hour ago, WindyNights said:

See when they say that things in the book's endgame won't happen in the show, that's sets up the likelihood that character fates are going to be changed which I support because they should do what makes sense to the show not the books.

D&D have consistently said that they plotted out the whole story almost at the beginning when they spoke to Martin. They had to put the main characters in place each season so that they would end up where they had to be seasons in advance so they are not likely changing the fates of the main characters and have never said that they would. They have always said that main characters will take different routes than in the books to get there, but they will end up in the same place. Sansa is a perfect example of this. D&D also made it clear that they will take some liberty with the endings of the supporting characters and the stories/plots that Martin hadn't decided on when they spoke to him so yes, those will be different from the books if Martin ever finishes them.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, SimoneS said:

D&D have consistently said that they plotted out the whole story almost at the beginning when they spoke to Martin. They had to put the main characters in place each season so that they would end up where they had to be seasons in advance so they are not likely changing the fates of the main characters and have never said that they would. They have always said that main characters will take different routes than in the books to get there, but they will end up in the same place. Sansa is a perfect example of this. D&D also made it clear that they will take some liberty with the endings of the supporting characters and the stories/plots that Martin hadn't decided on when they spoke to him so yes, those will be different from the books if Martin ever finishes them.

But they're not talking about supporting characters/sideplots etc. They're explicitly saying that the "endgame" will be "different".

27 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

But they're not talking about supporting characters/sideplots etc. They're explicitly saying that the "endgame" will be "different".

No, that is not what D&D said in the quote you copied from that interview. They said that "Certain things that we learned from George way back in that meeting in Santa Fe are going to happen on the show, but certain things won’t." From previous interviews, they have stated that what Martin told them in that meeting was the fates of the main characters and those fates are going to happen on the show, the things that won't happen is how the main characters get to those fates. They have never said anything about changing the "endgame" of the main characters.

I found the relevant bit from the Vanity Fair interview below, but even earlier in that same interview that you quoted they talk about knowing what was going to happen and planning the season way in advanced based on what Martin told them, but that he was still writing and he didn't know everything that would happen.

In the April issue of Vanity Fair, on stands March 13, show co-creator David Benioff tells Windolf, “Last year we went out to Santa Fe for a week to sit down with him [Martin] and just talk through where things are going, because we don’t know if we are going to catch up and where exactly that would be. If you know the ending, then you can lay the groundwork for it. And so we want to know how everything ends. We want to be able to set things up. So we just sat down with him and literally went through every character.” Martin tells Windolf, “I can give them the broad strokes of what I intend to write, but the details aren’t there yet. I’m hopeful that I can not let them catch up with me.”

Windolf reports that the presence of so many child actors in the cast, including the terrific Maisie Williams as Arya Stark, increases the time pressure. “This is a serious concern,” Martin tells Windolf. “Maisie was the same age as Arya when it started, but now Maisie is a young woman and Arya is still 11. Time is passing very slowly in the books and very fast in real life.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2014/03/game-of-thrones-show-creators-know-end-of-books

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

A lot plausible. Some sounds like fanwank. One or two are so out there I wonder if D&D haven't planted some false ones to different departments and some one is getting fired.

Not much Tyrion. Did Dinklage piss them off?

It's not totally insane stuff-

- D has to meet the Northern lords and the stark girls

- Jaime has to reach winterfel and join up

it could be an early leak by HBO; as to why there's no Tyrion for example, perhaps he's around but not actually taking a lead in much

I'd imagine Tim Mcinnery will be eating the scenery with TWO Lannisters in the Great Hall to snarl at :-)

• Love 1

That's the beauty of misinformation - even if some is total nonsense it doesn't mean it all is.

I wonder how much HBO pays someone to come up with fake leaks and extra scenes that won't appear? Yes 

16 minutes ago, Nash said:

That's the beauty of misinformation - even if some is total nonsense it doesn't mean it all is.

I wonder how much HBO pays someone to come up with fake leaks and extra scenes that won't appear? Yes 

It sounds much more plausible to me that HBO would have people 'leak' fake storylines than actually waste millions filming alternate endings like an executive hinted they would. 

And tbf, when I read last year 'Jon goes on a wight hunt beyond the wall with only 6 others to convince Cersei to join forces with him' I dismissed it instantly for making no sense whatsoever (it still doesn't, but I digress)

• Love 4

I don't suppose you have to actually film it  - you just have an "accidental brief breach of set security" while the actors pretend to film a scene in which something happens which doesn't.....happen . 

Then a slightly wonky picture appears on the internet which "shows Jon killing Tyrion"....

Though IIRC the pics of Jon fighting in stark armour were spot on. 

• Love 1

The only leaker I trust at this point is Lads, although I doubt he'll be back to spoil Season 8. 

WOTW gives legit spoilers--for Season 7, for example, they spoiled that at least one Sand Snake would die--but they always sit on the good stuff when they have it. I guess you could argue with it being the last season and all that WOTW has no incentive to appease HBO (except avoiding legal action, I suppose), but they'll probably err on the side of caution in any event.

The cast is pretty hush-hush so far. None of the actors have even mentioned having read the S8 scripts, even though they must have received them by now.

I'm very interested in the Melisandre leaks.  I do think she will have an important part to play in the end game and I can see her bringing either a true army or an army of R'hllor followers with her to bring fire magic to counterbalance the NK's ice magic.  When Dany mentioned that Westeros didn't have many followers of R'hllor to Melisandre, she replied "Not yet."  I can't see her dying of old age in her bed with Davos keeping vigil, though.  I think Arya will be the one to end her.

• Love 2

These sound a lot more plausible than the other ones did. The part about Melisandre especially. I just read an article that reminded me of the Fiery Hand, the army in Volantis. It seems really plausible to me that she would return with that army , as well as Dragonglass to help Dany and Jon.

Well, back, finally after Hurricane Irma, finally got our power and internet back on.   Since we can't get the satellite dish repaired for another week, we've been re-watching GOT from the beginning.

Now, as to the CAT'S PAW DAGGER.  I re-read A Clash of Kings (mostly by flashlight), and also saw Episode 2 again last night, which both refer to the cat's paw dagger, and have discovered a continuity error in Season 7, where the book at the citadel says it has a hilt of dragonglass, and also in later conversations.

The hilt of the fancy knife is of dragon bone, not dragonglass.  Therefore, it may be even more important, as dragon bone is supposed to have magical qualities, and is, of course, a rarer commodity than obsidian.  The Valyrians mined obsidian in old Valyria, and used to melt it, along with rock, to construct their impregnable fortresses (don't tell Bronn). 

I just thought it was very interesting that we are getting such an emphasis on this dagger, and wonder if it will really be important to the endgame. 

Oh....and in the books Bran sees a "Three Eyed Crow", not a Three Eyed Raven.  I've yet to re-read books 3 - 5, but that may be significant as well.  I really enjoyed the re-read much more than the first time I read these, there's so much more rich detail that's not just lost in "new information"....and being able to examine each of these minor details for significance and foreshadowing now that I (kind of) know where it's going was fantastic.  Many more dreams which seen in hindsight make TONS more sense and are not just so much filler.  Highly recommend the re-reads, now that Winter has Come and we wait for 18 months or so.

Good to be back.  Missed you all.  Now I go back to page 9 and read from Sept 9!

Daario at the head of the GC makes me wanna throw something at my wall. I honestly don't care for any of these "leaks". The north bitching about Viserion, like get the fuck out, guys! 

1 hour ago, Blonde Gator said:

and in the books Bran sees a "Three Eyed Crow", not a Three Eyed Raven.  I've yet to re-read books 3 - 5, but that may be significant as well

I doubt it's significant. This is the show that changed Asha's name to Yara because they thought it would be confusing for the audience to have Osha and Asha, but named Jon Aegon even though there was another Aegon, so...

(yes, I'm extremely bitter about the show. TWoW might soothe me).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Daario at the head of the GC makes me wanna throw something at my wall.

The only way I would be on board with this , is if he takes the opportunity as head of the golden company to betray Cersei for his true queen, Dany. That would be awesome . Otherwise it would be really disappointing if he turns Out to just be a scorned man who wants revenge. LAME 

5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Daario at the head of the GC makes me wanna throw something at my wall. I honestly don't care for any of these "leaks". The north bitching about Viserion, like get the fuck out, guys! 

I doubt it's significant. This is the show that changed Asha's name to Yara because they thought it would be confusing for the audience to have Osha and Asha, but named Jon Aegon even though there was another Aegon, so...

(yes, I'm extremely bitter about the show. TWoW might soothe me).

There's a series of YouTube videos, by "Order of the Green Hand", that has posited that there's a secret under Winterfell (as in Winter Fell), and it's not good.  That the 3-E-Crow (not raven) is not an agent of good, rather, it's the opposite.   It's trying to get Bran (via Hodor) down into the crypts to release whatever it is that's down there.  Nor are the CotF.....and there may be a loose alignment of the FM, CotF, and others.  Crazy theory, but we keep getting things like "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell.".  AND.....so many things have been lost over the hundreds and thousands of years, like the real purpose of the Night's Watch.  It seems Old Nan was the only person in the North who actually remembers.  Anyway, you might enjoy those videos.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The whiny Northerners were one of my least favourite parts of S7, but I'd be surprised if we didn't see more of the same in S8.

With that said, I don't think there's any point getting worked up about these alleged "leaks." Assume they're all foilers until proven otherwise. There will be a lot of foilers from here on in, I think, but not from HBO; it will be the usual suspects (Reddit and 4chan posters wanting attention or looking to troll). We've already had at /Freefolk the fake S8 episode summaries, /ThrowawayBronn (whose foilers are admittedly entertaining), and /takes22tangle. It will continue, and it will get worse. Brace yourselves, and trust no one except Lads if he comes back.

17 minutes ago, Blonde Gator said:

There's a series of YouTube videos, by "Order of the Green Hand", that has posited that there's a secret under Winterfell (as in Winter Fell), and it's not good.  That the 3-E-Crow (not raven) is not an agent of good, rather, it's the opposite.   It's trying to get Bran (via Hodor) down into the crypts to release whatever it is that's down there.  Nor are the CotF.....and there may be a loose alignment of the FM, CotF, and others.  Crazy theory, but we keep getting things like "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell.".  AND.....so many things have been lost over the hundreds and thousands of years, like the real purpose of the Night's Watch.  It seems Old Nan was the only person in the North who actually remembers.  Anyway, you might enjoy those videos.

I'm not gonna say that there's nothing in the crypts, because there's clearly something in the crypts, but those guys are way too into tin foil and sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. 

4 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The whiny Northerners were one of my least favourite parts of S7, but I'd be surprised if we didn't see more of the same in S8.

With that said, I don't think there's any point getting worked up about these alleged "leaks." Assume they're all foilers until proven otherwise. There will be a lot of foilers from here on in, I think, but not from HBO; it will be the usual suspects (Reddit and 4chan posters wanting attention or looking to troll). We've already had at /Freefolk the fake S8 episode summaries, /ThrowawayBronn (whose foilers are admittedly entertaining), and /takes22tangle. It will continue, and it will get worse. Brace yourselves, and trust no one except Lads if he comes back.

I'm more in the eye roll phase right now than worked up. I'm ready for things being done at warp speed and plots not making a whole lot of sense. That's where I'm at. I know what I'm not going to say though when "spoilers" from reliable sources are leaked and that's "that doesn't make sense." The Winterfell plot made no sense at all, and yet, here we are. You guys can call me out if I say "this doesn't make sense."

• Love 1

I was totally rooting for that /ThrowawayBronn guy to have real information. David Lynch directing an Eraserhead meets Game of Thrones mashup episode with Jaime and Bran? A big montage to Led Zeppelin's Tangerine? Amazing. I'd have watched that on repeat. 

Edited by herbz
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GraceK said:

The only way I would be on board with this , is if he takes the opportunity as head of the golden company to betray Cersei for his true queen, Dany. That would be awesome . Otherwise it would be really disappointing if he turns Out to just be a scorned man who wants revenge. LAME 

"Man scorned and wanting revenge" totally fits Daario, though. I never thought he was loyal to Dany or her vision or that he actually loved her. She was a game/conquest for him, and in the end, she won and he was dropped. Him betraying her sounds 100% plausible to me.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Blonde Gator said:

Well, back, finally after Hurricane Irma, finally got our power and internet back on.   Since we can't get the satellite dish repaired for another week, we've been re-watching GOT from the beginning.

Glad to hear you are ok after the storm!  Welcome back!

47 minutes ago, madam magpie said:

"Man scorned and wanting revenge" totally fits Daario, though. I never thought he was loyal to Dany or her vision or that he actually loved her. She was a game/conquest for him, and in the end, she won and he was dropped. Him betraying her sounds 100% plausible to me.

I agree this sounds plausible but Daario being the head of the GC does not.   Unless he has some secret ties with them that we, the audience, don't know about, I can't see how they will make that connection work.   It does sound like something D & D would write so they wouldn't have to introduce a new character, but these types of gaping plotholes are what made season 7 so inconsistent for me.

Edited by domina89
  • Love 1

Since the show changed names that sounded too much alike, why in the world did they keep Melasandre and Missande's name son similar? Those two names should have been broken up. They are difficult enough as it is and now we all get them confused and backwards and I'm certain I can't even spell them correctly.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, herbz said:

I was totally rooting for that /ThrowawayBronn guy to have real information. David Lynch directing an Eraserhead meets Game of Thrones mashup episode with Jaime and Bran? A big montage to Led Zeppelin's Tangerine? Amazing. I'd have watched that on repeat. 

I'm pretty sure I actually laughed out loud at the Tangerine thing. Hilarious. It almost makes me want to start a Reddit account and start posting bullshit "leaks" at /Freefolk. Even if the faker's leaks are obviously garbage, they still get plenty of attention.

51 minutes ago, madam magpie said:

That's the problem with /takes22tangle's information: it's entirely plausible, because it's just regurgitating popular fan theories or reasonable assumptions (Daario will want revenge against Dany, Sansa will take a while to warm up to Dany, Northern lords will bitch and moan, etc.). With Lads' leaks, anyone theoretically could have predicted that, for example, Jon would go on a wight hunt resulting in the loss of Viserion, but of course no one did. Also, when it was pointed by /Freefolk that Huisman (Daario's actor) is about to start filming a 10-episode drama for Netflix he's starring in and therefore unlikely to be available for a major role in S8, /takes22tangle went to the trouble of posting a defensive rebuttal. I smell a foiler.