Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Progeny

LOL that Whip is T-Bag's son.  And yes, what was in that bloody jar?  Guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Michael's letter said that T-bag had "to take a life".  I think we all probably thought it meant he had to kill some one.  But I guess there is another meaning?  

Why did it take Mike so long to get up from his coloring and go into the other room to check on his mom?  

Platinum blonde assassin bugs.  She must be the one to die next episode, right?  That has to be her blood splatter on the wall?

I stopped watching Royal Pains because I decided I couldn't stand Mark Feuerstein.  This show makes me hate him even more.  The mere concept of putting somebody in deep cover and then marrying that guy's wife?  That's sick.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/24/2017 at 2:09 PM, juliet73 said:

Where to begin....First of all, it's obvious they made the originally ordered 13 episodes and they were edited down to 9.  This ep was the one that was the most noticeable.  Mike is sitting at home like nothing ever happened from last week's show.  Sara's friend is either dead or chillin' at home - I guess we'll never know.  The boys jumped off the ship as it was exploding, but then we see them floating around in the ocean and blowing a whistle like Rose from Titanic.  

On 5/25/2017 at 0:22 PM, Biggie B said:

I've kind of lost track of what is actually going on - I mean, I know what's happening, but most of the details are going right over my head. Like Sarah's friend, what happened to her? How was that left? All I can remember is that she went to get Mike Jr. Did anything else happen with her after that?

We do know what happens to Sara's friend, and the sequence of events as such are (I was so exercised and irritated by more of this time-warp fuckery on the heels of last week's kidnap-fakeout, to the point where I dug the prior episode out of the DVR trash to re-watch it):  

Sara's friend, as requested, goes to her own home, towing Mike Jr..  We see Mike Jr. being shunted behind her.  She pushes him to safety behind her because, in her home - are the two assassins.  (Michael Jr.  helpfully sucks in his breath nice and loud with alarm, as they hove into view bearing at least one firearm.)

Fast forward to:  This episode, with Sara and Feurstein's home at the end of text exchange.  He smirks to himself and walks away.  Pan to a honey-colored wooden door.  Closed captioning helpfully says "(muffled screams)", which my ears tell me are of the feminine variety, which suggests to me, "Sara's friend is locked behind door in Sara's house" . 

Conversely, no one has either locked up or apparently, in any way, shape or form, managed to alarm Michael Jr., after the original alarmed intake of breath.  The two assassins, toting guns with silencers, somehow managed to get both of them (1) subdued and (2) physically moved, to the point where today Michael Jr. thinks it's appropriate to color placidly with his stepfather two feet away from him, and spares not a thought for what might have happened to "Mom's Best Friend".  (That's some hypnotic powers the henchpeople have!)

???  Where's the producer to tell us how this jiggery-fuckery is somehow yet another dream sequence?  (Is the coloring a flashback?  Is the best-friend-abduction a hallucination?  What ruins that potential interpretation, is because Feuerstein wears the same damn blue polo shirt in the texting sequence, as he does in the talking-to-Junior-about-his-drawing sequence.)  This is a major fail by anyone's accounts.  No six(?)-year-old is going to watch someone cosh (?) Mom's best friend over the head, get dragged back to his home, and not shriek bloody murder to one and all the minute a pair of gun-toting assassins put their hands on him, never mind forgetting about it by the next day.

On 5/26/2017 at 5:12 AM, deux said:

I'm not sure there will be another season unless PB is a big international success. The ratings are really, really bad. Only 1,896/07 watched Tuesdays episode (new season low).

People were so exited when they first announced the reboot. Most anticipated new series etc.

I wonder if people are not interested b/c the show/storylines are so ridiculous. I also really did not care about all the Yemen/ISIS/assassination stuff and all the new characters are not particularly interesting or likeable (Hello Whip and female assassin!) Storytelling has evolved so much in the last couple of years though the PB writers can't come up with a compelling, consistent plot for this reboot. Gaping plotholes and inconstancies are the results of this sloppy writing.

I'm just really sick of characters randomly popping up all around the globe; money, ships, planes, cars, passports, cell phones, seagulls, fireworks conveniently available whenever needed. They jump off a ship however all the cell phones are still working.  Lincoln of course has a friend who flies them to the US on a private plane 5 min later. They all board planes without passports (2 even board a commercial flight without passports) etc etc etc.

Yes, I know it's PB and the show has always been preposterous, but I still enjoyed the ealier seasons despite all the inconstancies. I get why people don't watch this reboot. I expected so much more too. Only highlight so far: Michael/Sara reunion last week.

The reason why all the things that happened in the first iteration didn't alarm you, is because they set the stage making us believe that Michael had laid all these plans as groundwork ahead of time.  Make us believe the overarching principle, and we'll believe anything that follows from it.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, theOAfc said:

Why are some people saying on around the internet that the season finale is leaked? Does anyone know anything?

There was a Russian website that explains what happens....not shot for shot but you get an idea, plus there are a few spoilery pictures out there. I'm still really excited even though I know things.

Also, just have to add Michael walking around campus with Jacob. I love the fact that Michael and his brother have been on the run for years and no one questions who he is and in the age of phones and such, that Sara wouldn't have gotten wind of him being alive, even if Jacob did a good job of covering, he's not THAT good. (Because the cranes in the bottom of the sewer still annoy me) I know, plot holes for the sake.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, queenanne said:

We do know what happens to Sara's friend, and the sequence of events as such are (I was so exercised and irritated by more of this time-warp fuckery on the heels of last week's kidnap-fakeout, to the point where I dug the prior episode out of the DVR trash to re-watch it):  

Sara's friend, as requested, goes to her own home, towing Mike Jr..  We see Mike Jr. being shunted behind her.  She pushes him to safety behind her because, in her home - are the two assassins.  (Michael Jr.  helpfully sucks in his breath nice and loud with alarm, as they hove into view bearing at least one firearm.)

Fast forward to:  This episode, with Sara and Feurstein's home at the end of text exchange.  He smirks to himself and walks away.  Pan to a honey-colored wooden door.  Closed captioning helpfully says "(muffled screams)", which my ears tell me are of the feminine variety, which suggests to me, "Sara's friend is locked behind door in Sara's house" . 

Conversely, no one has either locked up or apparently, in any way, shape or form, managed to alarm Michael Jr., after the original alarmed intake of breath.  The two assassins, toting guns with silencers, somehow managed to get both of them (1) subdued and (2) physically moved, to the point where today Michael Jr. thinks it's appropriate to color placidly with his stepfather two feet away from him, and spares not a thought for what might have happened to "Mom's Best Friend".  (That's some hypnotic powers the henchpeople have!)

As to the muffled screaming-I thought that was Sara-since the the last scene we saw of her was putting down the gun after Fuckface told her that if she shot him, then Mike would be lost to her. And at the same time we saw Heather, the shady friend walk into her house and see Tweedle Dumbass and Tweedle Dumberass. Then it cut back to Sara putting the gun down. And the next episode when we see Mike, all hale and hearty, asking about his mom, Fuckface tells him he dropped her off at work, and after they leave, we hear the muffled scream in the closet. Heather ain't important. If Mike had asked about Heather and we got to hear the muffled scream, then I'd think it was her in the closet.

I can only fanwank that they pretended to be some kind of security or something. Or try not to think about it because it's so FUCKING STOOPID!!!???

The original show runner is running this mini-series, and he did helluva lot better with LJ and him fooling Kellerman about where was meeting Veronica-building up the suspense part and how he evaded them, than with the ridonkulous slo-mo of Mike and Heather happening while Fuckface is threatening Sara.???

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Abruzzi Spawn.

How? I doubt Abruzzi's kid was going around giving out money, much less lending it to someone who owes him for destroying $100k of his 'property'.

4 minutes ago, secnarf said:

How? I doubt Abruzzi's kid was going around giving out money, much less lending it to someone who owes him for destroying $100k of his 'property'.

That was the deal he made-Linc told him over the phone he needed plane tickets, blah blah, and he, Linc would give him what he owed plus whatever else he found. But Linc double crossed him once they all got State-side. At least, that's what I recall from their phone conversation.

47 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That was the deal he made-Linc told him over the phone he needed plane tickets, blah blah, and he, Linc would give him what he owed plus whatever else he found. But Linc double crossed him once they all got State-side. At least, that's what I recall from their phone conversation.

But that doesn't explain how he got all of the money that he has had for the rest of the series - money to get to Sana'a, money to throw around for bribes, etc. The phone call with Abruzzi's kid only addresses how they got back to the US, not how Linc actually got all of the money he has been spending.

I think many of us (myself included) had fanwanked that he had borrowed the money from the people who were after him in the premiere. Since he apparently didn't get any actual money from them (I think he said he destroyed the drugs?), and he has stated that he couldn't get a job/had no money which is why he was working for Abruzzi's kid in the first place, where did the money come from?

Considering that this revival is only 9 episodes, there seemed to be a whole lot of filler or unnecessary scenes, and not enough of the characters Prison Break fans care about.

Did like the cat-and-mouse in this episode, even though most of it was ridiculous.

*Eyeroll* Whip is T-Bag's son. Still don't care about him or T-Bag, but I guess they'll finally be relevant in the finale. So Michael managed to find and recruit Bagwell's son from a one-night stand that he didn't even know about??  Oh, Prison Break.

Looking forward to Poseidon biting it, though!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As to the muffled screaming-I thought that was Sara-since the the last scene we saw of her was putting down the gun after Fuckface told her that if she shot him, then Mike would be lost to her. And at the same time we saw Heather, the shady friend walk into her house and see Tweedle Dumbass and Tweedle Dumberass. Then it cut back to Sara putting the gun down. And the next episode when we see Mike, all hale and hearty, asking about his mom, Fuckface tells him he dropped her off at work, and after they leave, we hear the muffled scream in the closet. Heather ain't important. If Mike had asked about Heather and we got to hear the muffled scream, then I'd think it was her in the closet.

I can only fanwank that they pretended to be some kind of security or something. Or try not to think about it because it's so FUCKING STOOPID!!!???

The original show runner is running this mini-series, and he did helluva lot better with LJ and him fooling Kellerman about where was meeting Veronica-building up the suspense part and how he evaded them, than with the ridonkulous slo-mo of Mike and Heather happening while Fuckface is threatening Sara.???

See, now I would have expected a quick cut to the area behind the closet door to show us Sara, if the feminine screamer were important to the plot, and thought her not being shown was the trigger that it was Heather because nobody wanted to pay Heather's salary (and if it's Sara, I'd say the same thing because we should be hanging out with her behind the door plotting her attempts at escape; clearly no one involved in this plot wanted to pay SWC for the episode either); but it almost doesn't matter.  Regardless, Michael Jr. (a) starts out in Location A with Woman A; (b) winds up in Location B with (i) supposedly no female and curious about the fate of Heather not one iota; (ii) eventually revealed to be with Hit Woman Female B, and could care less about either outcome?  Clearly they couldn't be arsed to be bothered about directing the kid in play-pretend age-appropriate ways to show terror, fear, and distress.

I assumed, like most, that it was Sara behind the door.  Who cares about Heather?  She's not an integral part of the story or the series.

I was my getting my outlaw on the run series confused, and always thought Linc had a lot of money.  But I think I kept thinking he was Vin Diesel in one of the Fast and the Furious movies where they got all that money at the end of one of the movies and lived like kings in some South American country.  He did seem to have resources though.  Didn't Sheba make some comment about Linc's money and that's how they managed to save all those kids and getting them on the plane?

I'm disappointed that ratings don't seem to be very good.  I think the mistake was they waited too long to bring this series back.  The original series ran 2005-2009, a long 8-12 years ago.  Lots can happen to a fan base in that time.  Some of us like those here still watch.  Others I'm sure have busy lives and maybe don't have time or just don't care anymore.  And if you're a new fan, then I would find the story disjointed and confusing - perhaps because it was cut down to 9 episodes as somebody has mentioned here.  It's really too bad.  I don't believe it's been announced yet whether there will be another season, but averaging 2.65 million viewers I'm not sure it's going to happen.

1 minute ago, greyhorse said:

I don't believe it's been announced yet whether there will be another season, but averaging 2.65 million viewers I'm not sure it's going to happen.

And it won't be. This was always intended as a one and done. Unless someone else decides to renew it, it's not happening. Scheuring had said he won't be involved and he's the original show runner. This is it.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And it won't be. This was always intended as a one and done. Unless someone else decides to renew it, it's not happening. Scheuring had said he won't be involved and he's the original show runner. This is it.

Ah, that's too bad.  I was enjoying watching them.  Amazing how much of the cast looks exactly the same from 12 years ago and they haven't aged at all, except I think Wentworth Miller looks noticeably older with the grey in his hair.  Seems like a lot of investment for Fox for only one season,  but I'm glad we at least got to see another chapter.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was really hoping that map was one Mike actually had drawn and when Michael got to the X all he found were some Legos.

I don't know why Governor Cuomo is trying to have a gondola built at the state fairgrounds since apparently we have L trains in the city.

Yes, you HAVE to have disbelief in this show but fuck's sake there was absolutely nothing about any of those shots that were supposed to be Syracuse that were even close to looking like this city.

Also, Long Lake is a fuckton away from the Finger Lakes, it's in the Adirondacks.  And I know the other Finger Lakes were not labeled correctly but I don't remember what they said.

However.  I am still here and still buying in to this ridiculous show because the casting director did their jobs and hired people I care about.  'Cept Whip.  He's annoying.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Also, Long Lake is a fuckton away from the Finger Lakes, it's in the Adirondacks.  And I know the other Finger Lakes were not labeled correctly but I don't remember what they said.

Finger Lakes resident here: They completely made up their own map. That isn't how the region looks at all.

• Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

I'm a new viewer and I'm not lost.

If I remember correctly, didn't Linc find money in the jacket left in Michael's empty grave?

Ooh I think you're right on that.

So back in S4, Michael had surgery to remove (fix? something?) his tumor. Is the idea that he was fine after that, but he had to fake that he was dying anyway? 

Little Mike: I too thought it was super strange that he was snatched and then it was like it never happened. But watching that part again, it makes sense that it was a dream. It looked dream-like when it started, and then Michael woke up. Like mentioned earlier, I have WAY more issues with the kid just hanging out at home, after being taken back to his house from Heather's home. Even if Heather is alive and okay, little Mike should be freaking out.

The reunion: I loved it. I too assumed Sara was going to be more pissed when she first saw him again, but now that I'm caught up on episodes, I think it makes sense that Lincoln was the one to express that anger a few episodes ago instead. They were in Yemen, and if they weren't going to make it alive, he needed to know that information dammit. Sara has a sick Michael in front of her. And while she has just as many questions, she's fearing for her son and just learned that she's been trusting her current husband who not only is a CIA-operative, but framed her ex, and even put her in jail years ago to prove a point. So she's shocked, scared, betrayed, and relieved to see Michael all at once. I think both of them played that scene very well.

I'm having fun watching this show again. It has ridiculous continuity errors like it always did, Michael can get away with a ton due to being a genius, and the pacing is all over the place. As usual. I rolled my eyes hard when I initially heard it was coming back (mainly due to Michael being alive, say wha?), but it has clever moments and I'm entertained. 

Edited by dannymoon
  • Love 2
(edited)

I mostly enjoyed this.

However something that bugged me watching this episode was wondering what the hell Jacob is doing with regards to Sara and Mike Jr. Does he really think going back to playing happy families is an option at this point?

Edited by Beatriceblake
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:50 AM, Glaze Crazy said:

After watching the first episode when it aired, I've let this sit on the DVR until I basically binged it this week. I'm glad I did that since all the fun action overwhelms all the plot holes, implausible ability to have transport and money right when it's needed, and that wonderful "24" time saving magic to be across the world or a couple states away within 15 minutes. I missed this show!

Only thing missing is the 24 clock - beep beep beep.

• Love 2

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times and I must speak! Michael is NOT Sara's ex/ex-husband. He is her husband. She and the world just though he was dead. Which, as it turns out, he's not. And I submit that Sara's marriage to Fuckface isn't legal because he married her, knowing her husband was still alive.??

And yeah, that was a loose end/plot point that Scheuring forgot-that Michael still had the TUMAH! when he "died." Then again, he had stopped being involved with the show after season two. BUT. Wentworth shoulda mentioned that to him!??

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dannymoon said:

So back in S4, Michael had surgery to remove (fix? something?) his tumor. Is the idea that he was fine after that, but he had to fake that he was dying anyway? 

I think that's probably what we're supposed to believe.  Or, we're supposed to forget it ever happened because he really "died" in an explosion.  Or maybe we'll learn that he did have another tumor, he just had it removed again?  Or, the tumors they had were benign all along?  Because afterall, the "tumor" didn't kill his mother, either...  So many possibilities, it's like a Choose Your Own Adventure book!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times and I must speak! Michael is NOT Sara's ex/ex-husband. He is her husband. She and the world just though he was dead. Which, as it turns out, he's not. And I submit that Sara's marriage to Fuckface isn't legal because he married her, knowing her husband was still alive.??

And yeah, that was a loose end/plot point that Scheuring forgot-that Michael still had the TUMAH! when he "died." Then again, he had stopped being involved with the show after season two. BUT. Wentworth shoulda mentioned that to him!??

Since he legally died and had a death certificate, their marriage was also legally over.

Missing people can legally be declared dead, and that would allow their spouse to re-marry legally.

That Jacob knew Michael is still alive is probably grounds for annulment, though!

1 minute ago, secnarf said:

Since he legally died and had a death certificate, their marriage was also legally over.

Missing people can legally be declared dead, and that would allow their spouse to re-marry legally.

That Jacob knew Michael is still alive is probably grounds for annulment, though!

Yeah, but wouldn't she refer to Michael as her husband who died, and not her ex-husband? 

Annulment, Funnulment!??I'll settle for nothing less than "Illegal, thus voided." But if Fuckface bites it, it will be moot!??

• Love 1

Michael's explanation for the nosebleeds at first was that he was "acclimating to the warmer climate" in Florida. That struck me funny since he traveled there from Panama. 

I just assume he lied about the tumor activity resurfacing to make it easy for Lincoln and Sara to move on and accept his sacrifice. 

I hope Michael wears his wedding ring in the finale. That's on my wishlist lol. 

• Love 2