Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Kimmy Pulls Off a Heist!

I hate the Titus and Mikey breakup so much. That ending was brutal. :(

Ray Liotta was good, and I never thought they'd actually have Jacqueline win and get the team re-named...but Titus and Mikey was all I was thinking about in the end. Too sad. Sigh.

• Love 1

For me, the lack of Mikey is exactly why Titus has been so unbearable for large sections of the season. That relationship humanized him and gave him moments that balanced out the annoying and over-the-top ones. Without it, the season has been mostly over-the-top moments. I was pretty much done with him after the hurricane episode and wished Kimmy had really walked away then. After making such a big deal about how she was his conscience, they pretty much tossed it aside here and had him dragging her into his asshole behavior again. I guess the really depressing thing was how I was left thinking that Titus needs Mikey, this season has proven Mikey is better off without him.

I don't even really understand why Titus feels the need to use that store's bathroom. What weirdo has a perfectly good bathroom at home and still prefers to use a gas station toilet? Why does he make a horrible mess every time? Is something wrong with his bowels? Is he doing it on purpose just to be an asshole? Who is that much of an asshole?

After that, the show tries to make me feel bad for Titus? Sorry, I just feel bad for the store owner now. I got traumatic flashbacks to being in the service industry and cleaning up after people making disgusting messes.

I can usually roll with the over-the-top-ness of this show, but I just couldn't with this episode.

• Love 7
(edited)

Wow. Ray Liotta. Lots of surprise guest stars this season.  Did anyone else notice his bloodshot eyes? Actually last episode I was distracted by Carol Kane's eyes for the same reason. Could it be a lightning or make up issue? 

Was wondering about that video they were playing before the meeting (the mistress starred in). It reminds me of the Erika Jane video "It's Expensive to be Me" that was featured on the RHOBH show. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added an afterthought
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Wow. Ray Liotta. Lots of surprise guest stars this season.  Did anyone else notice his bloodshot eyes? Actually last episode I was distracted by Carol Kane's eyes for the same reason. Could it be a lightning or make up issue? 

Was wondering about that video they were playing before the meeting (the mistress starred in). It reminds me of the Erika Jane video "It's Expensive to be Me" that was featured on the RHOBH show. 

I told my husband it reminded me of the Erika Jayne "How Many Fucks do I Give?" video!

• Love 2

Hi Ray Liotta! I thought he was really good here, and was a nice foil for Kimmy especially. That being said, I have no clue why Titus would want to go to a gross gas station bathroom to go to the restroom. Even by the often bizarre logic of Titus, that just does not compute.

I'm still really sad that Mikey and Titus broke up. As others said, it really allowed Titus to be more of a person, not just a series of ridiculous moments.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, Mindthinkr said:

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, rubinia said:

I told my husband it reminded me of the Erika Jayne "How Many Fucks do I Give?" video!

Ha!  I totally thought they were riffing off of those insipid Erika Jayne videos, too!

I didn't get this one either, even though Ray Liotta was hilarious. The episode just made me think way too much about Titus's bathroom habits which I would have been fine without.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2017 at 3:08 PM, Mindthinkr said:

On 5/21/2017 at 7:48 PM, rubinia said:

It was definitely supposed to be Erika Jayne because her husband played one of her videos at Bar Association meeting for no reason.

http://www.metnews.com/articles/2011/perspectives122011.htm

• Love 1

People kind of bash on Titus but I don't need him to be likable.  Louie on Taxi wasn't likable.  George on Seinfeld wasn't likable.  He just needs to be funny.

• Love 4

Ray Liotta! This show wins at the unexpected guest stars.

Yeah I was definitely wondering why Titus needed to poop so much in one day, but I have no trouble believing he's the type of person who makes a mess for no reason when he uses a restroom. I feel like everyone has "that friend" who goes to pee for two minutes and when they're done the bathroom looks like a tornado's gone through it. I don't understand those people but they exist. Also apparently Titus takes off all his clothes to shit? That I believe too. It's weird, but it's so Titus.

At first I thought that maybe their apartment didn't have a toilet (the shower is out in the open and they never show any of the characters in the bathroom). I feel like that would have been a better set up for why Titus so desperately needs that gas station bathroom. And he's definitely pooped in the apartment before; they've had one-off jokes about Kimmy, uh, overhearing the process.

Despite his obvious case of IBS, I did feel bad for Titus at the end. He thought Mikey was coming back! Even I thought that ship (or tugboat) had sailed, and I loved them!

Speaking of the tugboat, I love Mikey's "I can see your roof from my work. Did you know you have a rudder up there?" If this show doesn't end with Lillian driving that thing into the East River I will be very disappointed.

I loved all the names they come up with for the teams, and Fern and Virgil continue to be some of the show's most delightful characters.

Kimmy: "I have to make a plop plop." My neighbor's are gonna try to get me evicted, I was laughing so hard. Ellie Kemper can take the simplest line and just own it.

I wasn't sure how I was suppose to feel, but I was totally on Team Ray Liotta during the heist and was glad that he finally caught Titus red-handed.  Really wish Kimmy stood up for herself, but alas, her loyalty to Titus ended up putting her up on "the wall" as well.  Then again, they got off easy considering what other Ray Liotta characters have done in the past.  Fun casting with him.

Should have known that Orson would rather set-up Duke (to be part of ISIS none the less!), then let Jacqueline bribe him.  I almost would feel bad for Duke if he wasn't such a dick (still hope he keeps popping back up though, because Josh Charles is perfect in the role.)  But I got a kick over how she simply convinced all the owners to just change all their names to stuff that would piss people off and make them buy merchandise to burn it.  And while I still find her entire backstory to be problematic, I still love her parents, especially Gil Birmingham as her dad.

Nice to see Mikey again and it looks like he is moving on.

The Eli Manning Clone gag was amusing, although I'm slightly surprised that they didn't get the real Eli for it, since he's usually pretty decent at poking fun of himself.  Of course, if they did that with Peyton instead, the real Peyton would have probably shown up and volunteer to do it himself, even before they made an offer.