Type keyword(s) to search

Andi Mack - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Whoa, heavy episode! And no relationship drama... I liked it a lot. I don't watch anything on Disney Channel besides this show so I don't know where they're at with these things... but I definitely didn't expect an episode about guns! I'm glad they keep pushing the envelope (for Disney) like this. I liked that TJ's friends weren't too obviously "bad." Yes, Reed laughed at Cyrus a bit but he backed off when TJ told him to, and when Cyrus said he didn't want to hold the gun. TJ's reaction to the guns was in line with what I'd expect from him, as was Cyrus's. The end of the episode made it seem like Cyrus might be on the hook for what happened but I'm hoping TJ told the principal about what happened, and Cyrus is only being questioned because he was there, not that TJ (or his friends) somehow pinned it on him. That just wouldn't fit with their relationship at this point.

Oh, and I like the continued joke about Cyrus and missing a shoe. :P

I liked that they added some background to the principal with his secret tattoos. I'm a little frustrated that they introduced the possibility of Buffy/Jonah, only to switch to Buffy/Walker, because as weird as it was at first, I got on board with it, lol. But I really enjoyed seeing them hang out, wish it happened more often.

I'm glad Steven Bowie's mom wasn't livid about missing so much of Andi's life... I guess it makes sense since she doesn't see Bowie much either. Not sure I liked seeing everyone turn into babies because of her but I suppose we needed something way lighter to balance the gun plot? It felt like Cookie was only there for a day or two, and Andi was barely there, so that was a little weird.

I felt that Andi and Buffy were unfair to TJ. They should no have blocked Cyrus from hearing him out.  TJ did the right thing by telling the police whil Cyrus was trying to figure out what to do.  I wonder what TJ did to Jonah. Also there is definitely chemistry between TJ and Cyrus. Disney might just go there with these two, and I like it.  If Disney and the writers aren’t doing it, the actors sure are eye flirting with each other. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

Also there is definitely chemistry between TJ and Cyrus.

I totally thought they might kiss there for a moment. I agree with you about Andi and Buffy. I get wanting to protect Cyrus but he's also the same age as them and should be allowed to decide who he will and won't talk to. He just wanted to hear TJ's side of things and make sure he was okay.

And his chemistry with Cyrus...yowsa! I am already more into them as a couple than I ever was Andi and Jonah. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I totally thought they might kiss there for a moment. I agree with you about Andi and Buffy. I get wanting to protect Cyrus but he's also the same age as them and should be allowed to decide who he will and won't talk to. He just wanted to hear TJ's side of things and make sure he was okay.

And his chemistry with Cyrus...yowsa! I am already more into them as a couple than I ever was Andi and Jonah. 

I could see why Buffy and Andi wanted to protect Cyrus but if he was smart and mature enough to get himself out of that gun situation, they should have trusted that he could handle hearing TJ out. And as we saw, it was something that could have been sorted in five minutes. But I'm not even that mad because it gave us that swing scene parallel with that cliched romcom banter. I clutched my invisible pearls as they stepped closer and closer... whew! There's no questioning it now, Tyrus is definitely A Thing... now it's up to Disney Channel to let it happen. I hate that the only ships I'm into are the ones that have little to no chance of happening like other pairings have (Tyrus, which might be lucky to get a hand hold in the finale, and Juffy, which was teased for five seconds). LOL.

I really liked Libby. I wasn't looking forward to more jealous/meddling Andi so I was pleasantly surprised that they ended up getting along so well. Now Jonah's gonna be mad at Andi when really, Libby was looking for a reason to bounce. I hope she wasn't a one-off character, I'd love to see more of her, maybe with the rest of the Good Hair Crew.

• Love 1

And, now he’s been fired. I’ll be honest. I have never heard of or watched this show. I don’t even think I knew he was but he had a lot of screen credits. Since, reading the news he seems like a super creepy dude. Glad they caught him.

Holy shit! Absolutely disgusting!

I don't know where they are in the filming schedule but everything I've heard is that this will likely be the last season, so I guess he'll be missing from the last bit of it. They don't even need to say anything about him being gone; he's been off-screen plenty without issue. Ugh, I really hope he didn't try anything with the child actors. That's probably one of the reasons why he took the job. Yuck!!!

6 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

Holy shit! Absolutely disgusting!

I don't know where they are in the filming schedule but everything I've heard is that this will likely be the last season, so I guess he'll be missing from the last bit of it. They don't even need to say anything about him being gone; he's been off-screen plenty without issue. Ugh, I really hope he didn't try anything with the child actors. That's probably one of the reasons why he took the job. Yuck!!!

Gross. You hope the network/production was completely unaware of his behavior but the past year or so has shown that the industry is willing to cover up a lot to maintain the status quo. I'm really hoping the earlier decision to have the character offscreen so much was purely a writing choice, and not that TPTB already had concerns and were quietly trying to limit his time around the child actors...

Edited by Dejana
28 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Gross. You hope the network/proruction was completely unaware of his behavior but the past year or so has shown that the industry is willing to cover up a lot to maintain the status quo. I'm really hoping the earlier decision to have the character offscreen so much was purely a writing choice, and not that TPTB already had concerns and were quietly trying to limit his time around the child actors...

So true. Look at the Nickelodeon/Dan Schneider controversy from earlier this year. Dan Schneider "parts ways" with Nickelodeon. Yeah right.... The network paid him off, before one of his former kid castmates opened their mouth to spill tea about that creep. Also suspicious that Nickeodeon president Cyma Zhargami who has been president of the network since 2006 stepped down as president so quicky after the Schneider stuff came out in the media. Side eyeing that the new president of the network Brian Robbins is a close and old of Schneider and has known and worked with him since the late 80s. Nickelodeon and Disney Channel are full of perverts and pedophiles. Get them all out!

Regarding Andi Mack, this will probably be the last season.

Edited by WildFlower87
  • Love 1
On 12/14/2018 at 9:05 PM, PumpkinLumpkin said:

BREAKING NEWS! Stoney Westmoreland (who plays Andi's grandfather Ham Mack), a 48-year-old Disney Channel actor, has been arrested today in Utah for allegedly arranging online to have sex with someone he believed was 13 years old. Hours after he was arrested he was fired by the network.

https://fox13now.com/2018/12/14/actor-in-disney-kids-show-filming-in-slc-arrested-for-allegedly-enticing-13-year-old/

Just saw this posted on Instagram.  How crazy!

On 12/15/2018 at 1:03 PM, WildFlower87 said:

Nickelodeon and Disney Channel are full of perverts and pedophiles. Get them all out!

It's not just Nick and Disney. It's all Hollywood. Cory Feldman the actor from the 80s has been saying it for a long time and people are now starting to listen instead of thinking he's crazy. The truth is starting to come out now. It started with the me too movement but I don't think it's gonna end there. People used to wonder why child actors were always so screwed up and thought it was because they had a hard time transitioning into adult roles etc. But it may be because of all the sexual abuse going on.

Have any of you watched the Dave Chapelle special on netflix called The Bird Revelation. There's one part in there where he says something like What if the rapes aren't even the worst part. There's a reason he left and went to Africa. There seems to be some pretty dirty stuff going on in Hollywood and it's probably been going on for decades. In that special Dave makes a lot of veiled comments and speaks in metaphors parables. I guess he knows he can't really say what he knows so he tries to let us in on it the best way he knows how but also keeps himself from getting into trouble.

I think they have to kill him off or recast. They can’t just have Ham go off on his quest. It’s too open ended. Now i think they should kill him off but they might not simply because this is Disney and they might not want address a major character death on the show.  Recast might work but it’s not ideal. 

21 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

I think they have to kill him off or recast. They can’t just have Ham go off on his quest. It’s too open ended. Now i think they should kill him off but they might not simply because this is Disney and they might not want address a major character death on the show.  Recast might work but it’s not ideal. 

If there is another season, just have them divorce off screen and whoever they would recast with have them be a potential suitor while the divorce is still new to Andi. Drama goldmine that many tweens and teens deal with. Sure death is a thing too but if they went with a death I think it should be a non family member car accident by a drunk driver. Having that happen to Ham brings him sympathy when producer would be better off having the audience hate him. Could even throw in that he cheated for a little extra push towards anger.

• Love 1

Looks like Ham's (Stoney Westmore) scenes are being edited out of the remaining Season 3 episodes

The first of 14 remaining Season 3 episodes — the first new installment since the story broke — airs Friday at 6 p.m. on the Disney Channel. According to a Disney spokeswoman, the producers are editing Westmoreland out. That’s also the right decision.

The logistics of removing Ham Mack were, no doubt, complicated for some episodes. And, as of this writing, we don’t know how or if his absence will be explained. Odds are that most of the show’s tween viewers won’t notice. But parents should think about what they’re going to tell the kids who ask.

https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/2019/01/18/scott-d-pierce-disney/

On 2/2/2019 at 5:22 PM, Aliconehead said:

I hope they are not sacrifice Cyrus/TJ in favor of Buffy/TJ. I love CyJ together. I hope Buffy is going to ask him to help with the team. 

Joshua Rush has a natural chemistry. He and amber were great as always. 

That wasn’t TJ that was Marty.

11 hours ago, Carmel Cub said:

So what happened to the All-Star basketball player who moved in from another school? Guess she just mysteriously disappeared. 

Buffy basically told her to go F herself.

It took me a moment to realize it was Marty. Once I did, though, I got super excited. I liked the relationship Buffy and Marty were starting before he went off to do another show. I think that's why Marty vanished, the actor had another job. 

I get that Andi is just a kid but OMG she was working my last nerve making the wedding dress shopping all about her. Poor Bex and Bowie will probably have to bring her to Disney World for their Honeymoon. 

Was the whole "kugel is shanda" issue explained? For as much as a fuss was made about it, either I missed that scene or the writers thought we would just know the reason. The only thing I could figure was that it was the dish that the aunt made and no one else was allowed to bring it.  

6 hours ago, elle said:

Was the whole "kugel is shanda" issue explained? For as much as a fuss was made about it, either I missed that scene or the writers thought we would just know the reason. The only thing I could figure was that it was the dish that the aunt made and no one else was allowed to bring it.  

I don't think so, although they made a whole thing about raisins. As someone who has sat shiva, treating Bowie like that would just be rude. It's not like it had bacon in it. 

As an aside, a potato kugel with bacon would be delicious. 

The kugel thing was very confusing, not funny, and they really could have just left that whole storyline out. Was it just to give Bowie some screen time, because it really served no purpose I can think of.

I loved loved loved Jonah's reaction when Cyrus told him he's gay. He took it in, thought about it, shrugged and asked about the food. I really like Jonah best when he's just one of the gang and not the guy everybody is crushing on. He works better as a pal. 

It makes me sad that Cyrus should even have to tell any of them, it shouldn't matter to his friends, and I'm glad that it doesn't, but it's sad that he had to worry about telling. I think the show is doing a very nice job with his story though. 

• Love 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused about the kugel plot. I couldn't figure out what the problem was and if it was meant to be comical or not. Everyone played it very seriously but maybe it was meant to be a goof?

It seemed pretty obvious that Disney Channel has been avoiding dealing with Cyrus's sexuality, so I wasn't expecting to hear him say he was gay. That was huge for the channel. Cyrus coming out to Jonah actually reminded me of me and my friend when she came out in middle school. She told me and I was like, "uh... OK!" If only I'd had this show back then, I wouldn't have been so confused (and neither would my friend!)

I really think they are going with the TJ/Cyrus thing.  TJ just lights up around Cyrus.  I hope it’s not the actors baiting us.  Dear god I have never shipped a relationship on a Disney channel show but I am on this ship. 

I think the kuegal thing was about the aunt always makes the kuegal and Bowie bringing his was a slap, unintentional. Many families are like this, a certain person ALWAYS bring this one dish and no one better bring the same thing. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

I really think they are going with the TJ/Cyrus thing.  TJ just lights up around Cyrus.  I hope it’s not the actors baiting us.  Dear god I have never shipped a relationship on a Disney channel show but I am on this ship. 

I think the kuegal thing was about the aunt always makes the kuegal and Bowie bringing his was a slap, unintentional. Many families are like this, a certain person ALWAYS bring this one dish and no one better bring the same thing. 

Me too. I think Cyrus brings out the best in TJ. And really I just want Cyrus to find someone who loves him. He's just a good kid with a big heart. I loved when TJ showed up at the end. You could tell Cyrus was really touched by it and TJ seemed so happy that he was. It was a really nice moment. But the comment Cyrus made about Jonah always surprising him makes me worried they might try a triangle. I hope not. I hope they just let Cyrus and TJ try to date without anyone trying to come between them. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Me too. I think Cyrus brings out the best in TJ. And really I just want Cyrus to find someone who loves him. He's just a good kid with a big heart. I loved when TJ showed up at the end. You could tell Cyrus was really touched by it and TJ seemed so happy that he was. It was a really nice moment. But the comment Cyrus made about Jonah always surprising him makes me worried they might try a triangle. I hope not. I hope they just let Cyrus and TJ try to date without anyone trying to come between them. 

Me three.  I undeniably ship it (I may or may not have an urge to squee every time TJ smiles at Cyrus,) but more than anything, I'm Team Happy Cyrus.  I love that sweet, dorky kid and want all the best for him.

• Love 3

I wasn't spoiled, so I didn't see Cyrus coming out coming...and was so touched. It was amazing to here someone say "gay" on the Disney channel and it was so well done. Definitely think they're going there with TJ.

I was so mad that Miranda and her demon spawn showed up again, but then I was happy that she seemed to take his words to heart and fixed her parenting. But no, she is the Actual Worst and I hope we never see her again, unless it's just a shot of her standing outside the venue, weeping as Bex and Bowie getting married. Cackled at the postman's joke about his short shorts.

I'm glad we finally found out what the paper lantern secret was. I thought it would be Bex or Bowie's, about wanting more children. Andi seemed too shocked for it to be what it was. At first I was disappointed that they were doing another money troubles plot when they did that with Amber already (I thought it would be nice to continue with Jonah's mental health plot by showing that he was getting actual therapy, not just talking to the teenage son of four therapists). But many people struggle with money, so it's not unusual that two characters would have this issue. I thought he might have been lying about living with relatives, though. Disappointed that he and Amber got back together, as I really liked Libby, but I guess they wanted to stick with the character that's been around since day one, not a newbie? I hope he broke things off with Libby first.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:21 PM, omgsowicked said:

I hope he broke things off with Libby first.

We didn't hear anything about that. And the "previously on" showed him telling Libby that he likes her. So I think we're supposed to assume that they didn't break up.

18 hours ago, Superclam said:

Too bad, I thought it was an intelligent, well-made show. I wonder if the scandal had anything to do with it. 

They’ll use it as a scapegoat but Disney usually doesn’t do more than 3 seasons nowadays and you could tell they were setting up towards a series finale.

This sucks, but isn't surprising.  Usually, none of Disney's sitcoms go beyond 65-ish episodes.  If the show and/or the actors are super popular, they usually create a closely related spinoff or find a different venue for the actors.  

I really enjoyed this show, and hope that they'll create a spinoff that features the kids in high school.  

I didn't know when the show was coming back so I was pleasantly surprised to see two episodes in the DVR.

I thought they handled the Ham situation well. All the Bex/Cece stuff made me tear up. I was surprised to see the kids get into real trouble for their dumpster diving. I'm guessing Amber's "love" for Jonah is partially due to poor relationship role models at home with her fighting parents. I doubt we'll find out but I'd love to know why Jonah has such a problem with relationships. Is it just because he's not mature enough yet or what?

Kira doesn't seem to understand that she's the other woman in this love triangle, lol. Before this episode, I thought she was strong-arming TJ because she wanted to get on the basketball team or something, not that she actually liked him. Buffy's comment about boys taking a while to catch on seems to apply to both of them because you can tell Buffy (and Kira) sees what's really going on. But she's being a good friend by letting him get there on his own. I really love those two, and I find that incredible because TJ was such a monster when he first came on!

5 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

I doubt we'll find out but I'd love to know why Jonah has such a problem with relationships. Is it just because he's not mature enough yet or what?

It's because he's 13.  Who's good at relationships at that age?

I don't understand why CeCe is so upset about the wedding.  Disappointed, yes.  Angry?  Seems a bit much.  

So Ham is in India....forever.  Works for me.  

Glad the show is back, but I'm missing the artist kid.  

On 6/25/2019 at 9:11 AM, Carmel Cub said:

Minor point here but wouldn't you normally decide on the wedding venue before sending out the wedding invitations?

Maybe they were "save the date" invites?

On 6/23/2019 at 5:31 PM, luckyroll3 said:

I don't understand why CeCe is so upset about the wedding.  Disappointed, yes.  Angry?  Seems a bit much.  

I would guess that it was in part this was the first expected thing Bex had done as in what CeCe imagined it would be like planning daughter 's wedding. But, even more than the event itself it seemed that she and Bex were enjoying being together doing all the planning, they seemed to be at good point in their relationship.  Bex not telling her straight out, letting CeCe continue to plan, leaving her to figure it out for herself left CeCe feeling not just disappointed but blindsided and in a way betrayed because she may have thought they had reached a point where Bex could be truthful with her.

And yes, I am really over thinking this.

• Love 1

Good on the kids for wanting to do something about the waste of all those clothes, but of course the company was gonna have a problem with it (even though they straight-up threw the clothes in the trash with the intent of burning them.)  I wonder what would've happened if Andi had repurposed them somehow and THEN they gave the stuff away.

Hang in there, Cyrus!  Like Buffy said, TJ will figure it out eventually.  Disney Channel is actually gonna go there, and I'm so here for it.

On 6/27/2019 at 10:07 PM, elle said:

Bex not telling her straight out, letting CeCe continue to plan, leaving her to figure it out for herself left CeCe feeling not just disappointed but blindsided and in a way betrayed because she may have thought they had reached a point where Bex could be truthful with her.

I can see that she would feel betrayed by that.  It makes sense given the trajectory of their relationship.  Thanks for pointing that out!

On 6/28/2019 at 3:32 PM, angora said:

Good on the kids for wanting to do something about the waste of all those clothes, but of course the company was gonna have a problem with it (even though they straight-up threw the clothes in the trash with the intent of burning them.)  I wonder what would've happened if Andi had repurposed them somehow and THEN they gave the stuff away.

Also, it surely didn't help that they were actively advertising that the clothes were from the company in all of their posters and flyers that they had up about and at the event.  Once I saw that, I knew they were done for.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:29 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Also, it surely didn't help that they were actively advertising that the clothes were from the company in all of their posters and flyers that they had up about and at the event.  Once I saw that, I knew they were done for.

That storyline bothered me so much. These aren't five year olds. There is no way they thought doing this was okay unless they are especially stupid. If the company giving away their clothes diluted the brand enough for them to not do it, why did Andy et al think that THEM giving away the clothes was going to be just fine. Plus the advertising, and the videos and social media. These kids are forking morons! Didn't they kind of climb a fence/go onto the company's property to get these clothes? I recall seeing a fence which was exactly when I went "they are going to be in so much trouble".

I am still all in for Cyrus and TJ. TJ is clearly not interested in Kira. He mostly looks annoyed by her. I will not be happy if Cyrus doesn't end this show with the boy he likes. Honestly, I could care less who Andy ends up with, or Jonah for that matter. Each other, other people, alone, don't care. But I want Cyrus and TJ together, Buffy and Marty and I want Bowie and Bex to get married because the impression I get isn't that Bex is "too cool to need a piece of paper" so much as "scared shitless of commitment" and girl needs to get over that. I also think Bowie wants it. 

2 hours ago, Aileen said:

It looks like they're "going there" on next week's episode with Cyrus and TJ.

And I am so ready for it, lol!!

I absolutely adored the Bex/Bowie wedding! From what I've read, they had to reshoot the whole thing due to the issue with Stoney (Ham), and without having seen the original (which was apparently a more traditional wedding), this version was so much better. This was the perfect wedding for those characters. I was tearing up the whole time, it was great. I also enjoyed the humor in this episode; the jokes hit better than usual.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, omgsowicked said:

This was the perfect wedding for those characters.

This. Though I do think it's funny that Bex and Bowie apparently have no friends or other family that should be there, but Andi's little pals were. I mean, I liked the family stuff, I just thought Cyrus and Buffy being there was kind of silly. I get Jonah because he at least was performing. 

Still, it was a beautiful wedding that fit them perfectly. About the second montage of them walking up the mountain I figured out what was happening but I still teared up when they figured it out.

I have the hardest time telling TJ and Marty apart, because I thought it was Marty that gave her the ride until the "trial" when I realized it was TJ, which made Cyrus saying he saw the good in him first make more sense.  

• Love 2