Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't like Paul but I'd probably have to talk to Jason like he's a small child if I was in there too. He's one of the most intellectually challenged HGs I've seen in a while. God love Christmas for dealing with him in a non-condescending way. 

• Love 2
Just now, Ceeg said:

God love Christmas for dealing with him in a non-condescending way. 

She kind of lost it on him today imo. But honestly her campaigning today in general has not been great if you ask me. Maybe it's the drugs lol.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

She kind of lost it on him today imo. But honestly her campaigning today in general has not been great if you ask me. Maybe it's the drugs lol.

I didn't see their talk today. The one yesterday though, where he kept saying he thought she was a pawn over and over, I would have lost it on him after the first 10 times he repeated himself. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I wouldn't be able to deal with a lot of these people's game talk style tbh. Jason, Paul, and Christmas would drive me nuts.

ETA: This reminded me about a game talk that Raven/Matt/Mark were having earlier. Raven was giving me so much second-hand embarrassment. Mark and Matt were looking at her like she was a child and I couldn't blame them!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
(edited)

We all cracked on Clay a couple seasons ago when Jason was telling him the story of two former international Big Brother players dying in a car accident on a freeway and Clay legit thinking that they were in the Big Brother house when it happened (like what, Clay? The fucking freeway runs down the center of the house?). But he may have been onto something, just a few seasons too early. We may be seeing our first ever in house death this season. And if Raven can beat the odds and actually live to finale night, I fully expect her to be in a wheelchair and hooked up to an IV with a nurse hovering over her shoulder.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

And Elena had a lot of trouble trying to answer!

Yea, she keeps telling people she loves Cody without ever expanding on it lol. In general I find it hilarious that Elena seems to think people give a shit what her connection is to other HGs. Like Elena no one cares that Raven is 'like your little sister and mom all rolled into one.'

• Love 2
(edited)

I miss official alliances that we could follow on a chart and had names. Sure, trying to keep Dark Moon members separate from Sixth Sense and ADC and Brass Tacks sometimes sucked. But at least we could follow it all then. 

RIP, alliance names. I'm sure if there is an alliance that gets named this season, Cody will name it "The Alliance" because he seems that creative.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Yes I know that and have never doubted it!   Lady Calypso misspoke herself in her post above. 

I have doubts, alright?! I know I shouldn't and I'm definitely going to keep repeating in my head that Kevin wants to save Christmas. Maybe it'll get stuck in my head! 

You know, Christmas may be overplaying right now, but I like her confidence. It could be mistaken as cocky, and maybe it is somewhat cocky. But I like that a woman is not afraid to determine her own self worth and let everyone know how proud she is about it. As long as she's not being a mean girl about it or harming others, then why the hell not show off more confidence?

Though I'm reading up right now that she's kind of slut shaming, which is definitely not cool. I'm gonna need her to tone it down several notches. 

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I miss official alliances that we could follow on a chart and had names. Sure, trying to keep Dark Moon members separate from Sixth Sense and ADC and Brass Tacks sometimes sucked. But at least we could follow it all then. 

RIP, alliance names. I'm sure if there is an alliance that gets named this season, Cody will name it "The Alliance" because he seems that creative.

I also miss the alliance names. I just don't know what to call the groups! The alliance names have always been cheesy or just plain bad, but it helped me distinguish the different alliances. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Nah, he'll name it The Collective 'cause, you know, Borg.

1231b1c325da1de23a48f233f06d787f--indepe

• Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Though I'm reading up right now that she's kind of slut shaming, which is definitely not cool. I'm gonna need her to tone it down several notches. 

Yea, her and Kevin were doing some, "all these girls do is use their sexuality," and Christmas made sure to add how she isn't doing that (which she totally is so). It was all not a good look for either of them.

Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, her and Kevin were doing some, "All these girls do is use their sexuality," and Christmas made sure to add how she isn't doing that (which she totally is so). It was all not a good look for either of them.

It's really, not. I do NOT condone it. She may be a favourite of mine, but that's just not cool.

Alex and Christmas were doing it earlier, talking about how little makeup they wear compared to the "younger girls". 

Why must everyone this season be problematic? Even Kevin has said several things that I don't agree with. It does make it harder to root for someone. 

• Love 2
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Why must everyone this season be problematic? Even Kevin has said several things that I don't agree with. It does make it harder to root for someone. 

In past seasons I can usually let it go if it isn't a pattern and I otherwise really enjoy the person, but I don't like any of these people enough for me to let it go.

• Love 1
(edited)

Cody is trying to campaign to Elena to keep Jillian but he's coming across as so whiny. "If Jillian goes, all of my very hard work was for nothing! All my deals are worthless!"

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Cody is trying to campaign to Elena to keep Jillian but he's coming across as so whiny. "If Jillian goes, all of my very hard work was for nothing! All my deals are worthless!"

Elena's internal monologue Inner Goddess: "I don't understand any of these words! You're not talking about me or my boobs or my love of the word 'dick'! What do I do?"

10 minutes ago, vb68 said:

The height of ironies-

Cody just called Corey from last year a" dull boring piece of dead".

I mean, he's not wrong. But Corey showed life signs every now and then. Usually just when they mentioned Christmas (the holiday, not the HG).

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Makes me miss Vanessa's "here's why it's a great game decision for you (but really me)" spiel that worked over so many people. 

• Love 2

I also read that Mark's trying to convince Dom to keep Jillian as well. I have the feeds shut off for the night, because 10 hours watching the feeds is more than enough for me, but I can only imagine how that's going.

2 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Makes me miss Vanessa's "here's why it's a great game decision for you (but really me)" spiel that worked over so many people. 

My liver still hasn't forgiven me for the one time I tried to take a shot every time Vanessa said "blood on my hands" or "bathing in blood". Oof.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I also read that Mark's trying to convince Dom to keep Jillian as well. I have the feeds shut off for the night, because 10 hours watching the feeds is more than enough for me, but I can only imagine how that's going.

Well, they won't let us see it because they're incapable of not having Paul on the feeds all the fucking time.

ETA: Oh wow, they went back to Dom/Mark. Paul is actually not on the feeds right now. This won't last, but I'll enjoy it while I can.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm reading on another site that in addition to the gastroparesis Raven has some kind of rare nerve disease. Has anyone else heard this?

Nerves dying in the stomach is part or her disease not another one.  Everything I know I have learned here by posters who have this condition.  My details or phrasing may be off but I have the gist. 

10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I have doubts, alright?! I know I shouldn't and I'm definitely going to keep repeating in my head that Kevin wants to save Christmas. Maybe it'll get stuck in my head! 

You know, Christmas may be overplaying right now, but I like her confidence. It could be mistaken as cocky, and maybe it is somewhat cocky. But I like that a woman is not afraid to determine her own self worth and let everyone know how proud she is about it. As long as she's not being a mean girl about it or harming others, then why the hell not show off more confidence?

I also miss the alliance names. I just don't know what to call the groups! The alliance names have always been cheesy or just plain bad, but it helped me distinguish the different alliances. 

Lol!  Is it time to breathe into a paper bag for a bit? 

I like Christmas and I agree she is too intense and needs to back it down.   She is selling too much, too hard and too fast.  Calmly state what you see and give your words time to land.  

Kevin will vote Jillian out, there is no question.  He listens to Paul and I have yet to see him talk to Cody at all.  

I like having no alliance names.  Everyone is a free agent and does not feel locked in to a group and psychologically they are freer to assume voting blocks that can shift from week to week. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Most seasons, they have cutesy nicknames for the Diary Room. They've been called elves, fairies, etc. over the years. We all know it, production knows it, but it's part of the game. 

This year's brilliant cast? They call it the "durr". BECAUSE THAT'S NOT OBVIOUS OR ANYTHING.

ETA: Totally standing firm on my "The Alliance" name after finding out this little tidbit.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3

Oh! I decided what I want to happen.

I want someone to win and put up Jessica and Alex. Then I want Cody to win veto. Insert chaos here. Let's see who Cody likes more! 

I mean, he'd probably take down Jessica, but imagine his programming shutting down at the mere thought of having to choose.

• Love 10

I think my favorite twosome is Mark/Dominique. They have mutual respect, there's  no bullshit "showmance" going on, I truly think they are being fullly honest with each other, and now that Mark has stopped banging that damn chess piece against the table, and I can actually hear them, I really like them.

My second favorite twosome is Jason/Kevin. Jason is so out of his league, but he can clearly relax with Kevin, and loves him. And I think Kevin feels he can be as "funny" as he wants and Jason will laugh at everything he says, which he does. I enjoyed the hell out of those two walking around the yard earlier today.

• Love 4

So, I hear that Jessica is throwing a temper tantrum about Elena. 

Eh. I've had enough of her, Cody, Elena, Mark, and Paul constantly on the feeds, so I'm keeping them off for the night. 

Maybe tomorrow, they'd like to focus on someone else? Anyone else? I know they're not as drama-filled as the five I've listed, but it would be nice to get to know the others one-on-one instead of constant Jody, Marlena, and Paul snaking his way into conversations.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I think my favorite twosome is Mark/Dominique. They have mutual respect, there's  no bullshit "showmance" going on, I truly think they are being fullly honest with each other, and now that Mark has stopped banging that damn chess piece against the table, and I can actually hear them, I really like them.

I'm struggling to understand them and have the volume up as high as it will go. I have played back some portions of it.

• Love 1

I love Mark/Dom conversations. I didn't have them on tonight, but I always love listening to Dom talk some sense into that boy. It's nice to see a platonic female/male friendship without signs of a power imbalance and signs that they care.

Christmas/Mark are finally having their conversation and I have reluctantly turned on the feeds to listen for a bit.

ETA: So my feeds are taking forever to load, but I just read that Mark has seemed to officially switched to Christmas' side to evict Jillian instead. It sounds like Dom, for the moment, got him to make up his damn mind as he tells Christmas that he's voting to keep her. 

Meanwhile, Jessica is going all Single White Female, or showing signs of it, and I don't think Cody will want to stick with her for long. It's week one and Jessica's already bitching about floaters and burning her bridges with people.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I love Mark/Dom conversations. I didn't have them on tonight, but I always love listening to Dom talk some sense into that boy. It's nice to see a platonic female/male friendship without signs of a power imbalance and signs that they care.

Christmas/Mark are finally having their conversation and I have reluctantly turned on the feeds to listen for a bit.

Funny but I hate it when she talks to him.  She is in Cody 's pocket  and obsessed with her appearance.  She was in her position on the floor in front of the low mirror, as usual, and Paul joined her.   He asked her why she sat here so much.  Her answer, "it reflects my face beautifully, don't you think?"   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Funny but I hate it when she talks to,him.  She is in Cody 's pocket  and obsessed with her appearance.  She was in her position on the floor in front of the low mirror, as usual, and Paul joined her.   He asked her why she sat here so much.  Her answer, "it reflects my face beautifully, don't you think?"   

I'm not a huge fan of Dominique on her own. I just really like her friendship with Mark. I mean, she just got him to go apologize to Christmas, for crying out loud. Not even Elena managed to do that! 

Ok, Christmas may be annoying me a bit with her talking over Mark. Let the guy speak!! I know you have a billion things on your mind to say to him, just let him get it all out! 

I know Mark's kind of being dumb with Cody, but he's telling Christmas that he's emotional and he can't talk to people like the way he is now when he is emotional, and he can't do this in front of others. Meanwhile, I'm totally understanding this because I'm the same way. I'm not really that emotional, but when I am, I'm no good at confrontation.

But seriously, Christmas, chill out. Please, pretty please. 

ETA2: I just need Mark to be completely honest here. I'd like to think that he won't flip again and that he'll just play Cody until the week's over and Christmas ends up staying (as long as her MRI results work out). Because she is right; she won't be winning the next HOH, she's at a huge disadvantage. and anything can change.

I really, really like Mark and want to continue liking Mark, but the more he sticks to Jessica/Cody, the harder it is. I do think he means what he says now, but what happens when he talks to Jessica/Cody next? Will he be swayed? Will Dom need to keep an eye on him for the rest of the week? Mark did say that she was absolutely staying, so it sounds like he's all in for keeping her, and it doesn't sound like he's bullshitting her. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Well that is good.  I really like Mark and disappointed he is hooked on Cody.  That will probably change next week anyway.  He is a genuine solid guy.  He and Paul had and unplanned comedy exchange going on the other day that was endearing and was sprinkled through the day.  They would spontaneously pick it up at random times.  The were clicking and falling into each other's comic sensibilities.  It was the subtle dry wit that catches my heart.  Very Monty Python.  Loved it.  A case of you had to have been there.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
Just now, wings707 said:

Well that is good.  I really like Mark and disappointed he is hooked on Cody.  That will probably change next week anyway.  He is a genuine solid guy.  He and Paul had and unplanned comedy exchange going on the other day that was endearing and was sprinkled through the day.  They would spontaneously pick it up at random times.  The were clicking and falling into each other's comic sensibilities.  Loved it.  A case of you had to have been there.  

And the Mark/Christmas conversation has ended on a high note. I...I might have gotten a little emotional with Christmas crying and Mark opening up and crying a bit too. Again, he feels like a genuine guy. He's not that typical dudebro that this show tends to cast. He reminds me A LOT of BB16 Zach, who had a genuinely great heart and really was the best guy on the cast. He had his flaws, no doubt, but he genuinely did more good than bad. 

I'd be happy if the finale was Christmas, Dominique, and Mark at this point. Or Christmas, Mark, Kevin. I kind of hate or am annoyed by everyone else. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

And the Mark/Christmas conversation has ended on a high note. I...I might have gotten a little emotional with Christmas crying and Mark opening up and crying a bit too. Again, he feels like a genuine guy. He's not that typical dudebro that this show tends to cast. He reminds me A LOT of BB16 Zach, who had a genuinely great heart and really was the best guy on the cast. He had his flaws, no doubt, but he genuinely did more good than bad. 

I'd be happy if the finale was Christmas, Dominique, and Mark at this point. Or Christmas, Mark, Kevin. I kind of hate or am annoyed by everyone else. 

I am sorry I missed that scene with Mark and Christmas, it sounds like it was very sweet, not common to this show.  I can get behind Mark and Christmas as final 2 as it stands now.   I cannot get on board with Dominque though.  There is something very off about her.  Maybe you have not seen that yet.  I like Kevin, too.  Paul is playing a good game and I appreciate that, I like him but he will not make it to the end.  

• Love 2

Meanwhile on the other feed,  Jessica got some bug up her butt about Elena. She's absolutely furious. I was in and out on it because...well it's Jessica...but Elena was her number one enemy of the moment.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm reading on another site that in addition to the gastroparesis Raven has some kind of rare nerve disease. Has anyone else heard this?

Gastroparesis is rare and often caused by damage to the vagus nerve.  I'm guessing she is still talking about GP. 

• Love 3
Just now, wings707 said:

I am sorry I missed that scene with Mark and Christmas, it sounds like it was very sweet, not common to this show.  I can get behind Mark and Christmas as final 2 as it stands now.   I cannot get on board with Dominque though.  There is something very off about her.  Maybe you have not seen that yet.  I like Kevin, too.  Paul is playing a good game and I appreciate that, I like him but he will not make it to the end.  

No, I usually flip the cameras when she's doing her makeup. I also tune out her Jesus speak. 

I definitely think if you can rewind, to do it. Christmas is just about to leave; the conversation didn't quite end when it did so they're still cuddling. I think they've been talking for about half an hour. A lot of repetition, but once you get past them talking in circles, you can really see how badly Mark feels and how Christmas doesn't hold a grudge with him anymore. The tension between them is completely gone, which is so nice.

Kevin has his moments of saying something that I disagree with, but he is truly such a dad and needed for these houseguests. He seems to have a good heart, overall.

Just now, vb68 said:

Meanwhile on the other feed,  Jessica got some bug up her butt about Elena. She's absolutely furious. I was in and out on it because...well it's Jessica...but Elena was her number one enemy of the moment.

From what I gather, it's because Elena's voting to keep Christmas and she doesn't like that. That is literally it.

• Love 1

As I was checking in for the last time tonight, I realized that tomorrow is the 4th of July for everyone in the States, which means the traditional Big Brother feed outage during the backyard 4th of July party where they get barbecue and booze. And I got all excited because we'll finally get some drunk HGs. 

But I bet Cody doesn't drink because liquid and robots don't mix. And Mark probably doesn't drink because he's Mr. Body Builder. And Raven doesn't drink because she's dying. Fuck. All we're going to get is Elena sloppy drunk in a corner and giggling out "dick" every now and then.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

From what I gather, it's because Elena's voting to keep Christmas and she doesn't like that. That is literally it.

It just makes me want Christmas to stay even more.  Jessica will absolutely explode. Cody will handle it better than her.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, vb68 said:

It just makes me want Christmas to stay even more.  Jessica will absolutely explode. Cody will handle it better than her.

Same. I know it'll help Paul if Christmas stays, but it'll make Jessica miserable to have more women in the game. I just want Jessica as miserable as possible now.

Also, I keep thinking that Christmas/Mark are going to leave and do their separate thing, but they're STILL cuddling and talking. It's rather sweet, actually. Damn, if only Mark/Christmas had been interested in each other. 

And...Jason shows up. Hey, at least it isn't Paul.

• Love 1
(edited)

Does anyone have the time and camera Mark and Christmas had their talk?  

Camera 3 and I think it starts about 8:45pm BB House Time. Maybe a few minutes later.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3