Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E05: Diane Keaton, Jessica Chastain, Kevin Bacon, Michael Fassbender, Gorillaz

• Start Topic

On Graham's sofa this time are Hollywood legend Diane Keaton, talking about her new movie Hampstead, two-time Oscar nominee Jessica Chastain, starring in Miss Sloane, Kevin Bacon chatting about his new Amazon series I Love Dick, and Michael Fassbender, reprising his android role in Alien: Covenant. With musical guests Gorillaz, performing We Got the Power.

(edited)

Despite how often Graham has Fassbender on the show, it never seems to be when he has a dignified film project like Jane Eyre or the Steve Jobs biopic in the pipe. He's forever showing a clip where Fassbender plays a super-villain or robot or videogame character.

Edited by Bruinsfan

I work in midtown NYC, so I've had a good share of celeb sightings. I never ever say anything to any of them, because I think they'd prefer to be left alone. I've even passed Kevin Bacon on the street, as it happens. After listening to Kevin declare how much he likes being recognized, and contemplating that wanting to be an actor in the first place is kind of a please-look-at-me proposition, perhaps I should rethink my hesitance in these situations.

I'm glad Graham insisted that the couch sitters consent to kissing Keaton before she laid into them. I'm less glad that his view of the red-chair guy's 'lighthearted' tale of assaulting a stranger in a supermarket was so positive. And Fassbender's explicit endorsement? Thanks, no fucking thanks. (I'm not much of a fan of a person who would do that kind of thing for 'fun' anyway, despite his contention that it was mutual with his ex.)

I liked the Gorillaz's song, but I've really enjoyed their incognito-ness over the years, and I'm a little bit sad to now know what they look like. "We met on Tinder" was a great quip.

Chastain is delightful on Graham's couch.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, attica said:

I work in midtown NYC, so I've had a good share of celeb sightings.

I've worked all over NYC, but I rarely see celebs. I don't know if it's bad timing, or I'm always in the wrong neighborhood. Heh.

Diane Keaton was a loopy delight, and I also really enjoyed Jessica Chastain.

3 hours ago, attica said:

I'm less glad that his view of the red-chair guy's 'lighthearted' tale of assaulting a stranger in a supermarket was so positive. And Fassbender's explicit endorsement? Thanks, no fucking thanks. (I'm not much of a fan of a person who would do that kind of thing for 'fun' anyway, despite his contention that it was mutual with his ex.)

I side-eyed that guy, too. I wish his story had ended with the woman he assaulted clocking him something good. That's the least I'd have done if someone had karate-chopped my crotch.

• Love 1

The guy in the red chair was a immature ass. The woman he assaulted  in the store should have made a scene at least, maybe called the cops. His story was disgusting.

I found Diane Keaton insufferable. She sure wasted a lot of time with her kissing obsession. What the hell is her problem that she wanted to go out into the audience and kiss some strangers.

• Love 1

I was totally confused by Diane Keaton. For years she's been wearing gloves and I thought she might be a germaphobe - apparently I was wrong and it was a fashion-choice. But I still have no idea why you'd want to kiss a bunch of strangers.

As a Britpop fan from the 1990s I am still processing Noel Gallagher and Damon Albarn working together. I wish Noel had gone over to the chair but it was a nice gesture to let Damon and Jhenny Beth have the attention.

I love Diane Keaton and wish she had spoken about The Young Pope, my favorite thing on television for years. (Watch it if you can! It's visually and spiritually stunning.)

Chastain is a fine guest - generous to the other guests, pleasant - but I can't help she has a very cultivated public persona that she works on. It's not a "shtick" but I just don't think we see the real Jessica (if there is one.)

(edited)
18 hours ago, MissLucas said:

For years she's been wearing gloves and I thought she might be a germaphobe - apparently I was wrong and it was a fashion-choice.

She hates her hands, so she covers them up as much as possible.

17 hours ago, Mumbles said:

It's not a "shtick" but I just don't think we see the real Jessica (if there is one.)

Check out her epic eye roll when she heard Johnny Depp had his lines fed to him through an earpiece. I think that's pretty close to the real Jessica. Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
just noticed weird autocorrect typo
  • Love 1
On 5/14/2017 at 9:06 AM, TexasGal said:

How did we get cheated out of this?  

At one point the top comment on this clip was "AKA Jessica Chastain doing God's work" and I laughed and laughed.

• Love 1
On 5/14/2017 at 11:25 AM, dubbel zout said:

Diane Keaton was a loopy delight

Ain't that the truth. You put it just right. She was off, but she was fun. I have no complaints.

On 5/14/2017 at 3:30 PM, Mumbles said:

I love Diane Keaton and wish she had spoken about The Young Pope, my favorite thing on television for years. (Watch it if you can! It's visually and spiritually stunning.)

Peak TV and all, I haven't watched this yet. But I will.

I thought this was a great ep. I really wanted more time with each guest, but as it was, it was fun and relaxed.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:43 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I can't help it. Every time I see Michael Fassbender, all I can think is: he has a big penis.

Unfortunately, the same is apparently true of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences; it was all anyone was talking about in 2011 when he should have had a fair amount of Oscar buzz for his acting in three different roles.

3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Unfortunately, the same is apparently true of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences; it was all anyone was talking about in 2011 when he should have had a fair amount of Oscar buzz for his acting in three different roles.

Well, there was a lot to talk about. ☺

• Love 2