Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E19: Chris Pine / LCD Soundsystem

• Start Topic

LCD Soundsystem is bordering on "Can you Separate the Art from the Personality?" territory for me.

I love their music, I have for years, but holy hell that is one pretentious band. I knew they were getting back together, but my eyes may have been stuck at 45 degrees back in my skull after seeing their Player Card in the credits and I just shook my head during the performances. Can we dial it back a bit folks. Obviously being mid Gen-X, uber-pretentious, mega-hipsters isn't on the same level as a Woody Allen, Chris Brown, or Mel Gibson.... but is it that far off???

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Traveller519 said:

LCD Soundsystem is bordering on "Can you Separate the Art from the Personality?" territory for me.

I love their music, I have for years, but holy hell that is one pretentious band. I knew they were getting back together, but my eyes may have been stuck at 45 degrees back in my skull after seeing their Player Card in the credits and I just shook my head during the performances. Can we dial it back a bit folks. Obviously being mid Gen-X, uber-pretentious, mega-hipsters isn't on the same level as a Woody Allen, Chris Brown, or Mel Gibson.... but is it that far off???

I love them as well but totally agree :D 

(edited)
12 hours ago, kassa said:

On the other hand, I could not tell you what that Russian rap thing was about.  I spent half of it thinking it was supposed to be Putin, then I just lost interest.  

Just found out it's a parody of this music video from 2003: "Stop the War" from Speak the Hungarian Rapper.

On the one hand, this guy is unintentionally hilarious, on the other he seems genuinely sincere about pleading for the US to choose peace instead of invading Iraq back in 2003!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2

It seem's like a lot of the writing staff grew up in the 90s.  Came Santiago, The Boy is Mine, The Real World knockout and nowe parodying some random video from the early 2000s. I'm eagerly awaiting a Melrose Place parody.

• Love 2

I know an artist. I've gotten lots of sketches from him at shows and conventions. After the Tom Hanks episode, he drew David S. Pumpkins art and sold it. Today, I saw this sketch card going for $25. I'm thinking Spocko would be a tougher sell, but it did make me laugh. And that is a great likeness of Bobby Moynihan. I just thought you guys should know about this.

I just saw on the SNL YouTube channel a sketch cut for time, ripping on ABC for just getting around to having their first Black Bachelorette. I loved it! Very pointed. I think they should have run that rather than, maybe, Game Night. 

• Love 1

I thought that the Bachelorette sketch was pretty good too (better than those Bachelor-knockoff "Can I have a minute?" sketches that they do from time to time) and probably deserved to be on the show.

The SNL tumblr has a time lapse video of the set build that they did for Beck's rap for peace.    I can't believe that they got the last shot after 5 am the day of the show and then they all had to be fresh and "on" all day for dress rehearsals and the final show.  I would not last a week on that show.  Besides not being funny, I love sleep wayyyyy too much.

• Love 1