Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, patty1h said:

Faux Pas alert:  Wendy was talking about Jenny McCarthy, who says she doesn't want to cohost the New Years Eve TV countdown this year, so that she could be home with her 17 year old son.  Wendy ranked on this decision, saying basically "you're a single mother and that's a good check".  Wendy seems to have forgotten that this frequent guest is married to Donnie Wahlberg.  I was very surprised when Norman didn't correct her.

I don’t know much about Jenny McCarthy, but one thing I do know is that she is a fabulous Mother to her beautiful Son who has a disability.   She’s giving up being on national t.v., and it’s not about money whether she needed it or not.  She chose to be with her son which is commendable.  Some people have ethics, some just want money and exposure.  Way to go Jenny.  You are doing the right selfless thing.

• Love 1

Wendy actually said some interesting stuff today - does anybody know the background of the story about the girl group that kicked her ass outside of the radio station?  I want the whole story!  I like how she tied it to the girl from "Insecure", and feel like she made a good point there about being better not bitter.

I love Neil DeGrasse Tyson.  Surprised to see him on Wendy.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

don’t know much about Jenny McCarthy, but one thing I do know is that she is a fabulous Mother to her beautiful Son

Wendy is just being Wendy: JEALOUS! Wendy can only dream about a life like Jenny McCarthy Wahlberger has: marrying a wealthy man who adores her and the relationship is built on love and respect. 

• Love 4

Is it my imagination or is Wendy getting more obnoxious since she got that star? She needs Norman and Suzanne more and more while doing Hot Topics and is getting nastier since she thinks she’s safe.  Also, does she have to slurp that tea every second?  Take some gulps during commercial breaks.  It’s only an hour show, and nobody else does that.  Geeze.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2019 at 10:26 AM, Silver Bells said:

She stated she’s never seen “ the Notebook” movie.

Neither have I.  I refuse to watch the crap.  I hate overtly sanguine stuff.  I have a niece who watches it over and over and then married an asshole.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Neither have I.  I refuse to watch the crap.  I hate overtly sanguine stuff.  I have a niece who watches it over and over and then married an asshole.

I watched it many years after it came out simply out of curiosity about what all the fuss was about it. 

The part about the lady getting Alzheimer's was sad. But in reality, when these things happen to regular people ( not actors pretending to be real people) the story is nothing like "The Notebook".

• Love 3
6 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

It's a Nicholas Sparks story. That should tell you all you need to know.

I had to Google Nicholas Sparks. Lol! But his list of movies appear to be much like the crap on the Lifetime channel. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/9/2019 at 12:59 PM, Showthyme said:

Someone has to pay for that orange juice. My grandmother used to put sugar packets in her purse so I followed her lead until I realized that the restaurant owner has to pay for those packages! It is not okay to supplement my pantry at his expense.

I got a good laugh out of that admission.  A family member (cough, cheap Sister, cough,) used to eat at buffets and shove food in her pocketbook for the week.  I told her when witnessing it, they have cameras all around and she will go to jail when caught.  She probably still does it ( don’t talk to her anymore for different reasons ).  She was a cheap maniac, and hubs and I were tired of always treating them ALL THE TIME.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I had to Google Nicholas Sparks. Lol! But his list of movies appear to be much like the crap on the Lifetime channel. 

Yep, exactly! But for some reason, Sparks stories have hit the big screen with much more famous names attached.

The Notebook is definitely the most well-known, but it spawned many equally sappy, predictable "love" sagas. 

• Love 2

Wendy yesterday:

”Another day at the circus” 

Wendy. I DO NOT want to see you shoving QTips up your nose because you nose is running. Use a tissue and blow you nose like the rest of us do. 

Wendy was at her contradictory best. She was mouthing off about hating Halloween and dressing up the other day. Today she announced she wants to dress up like Dennis, Drake’s father. Think pimp outfit. 

Off to watch today’s show. 

• Love 5

I glanced up during Ask Wendy and the camera came kinda close to her face... has her top lip always looked like that?  Check it out - it looks swollen and misshapen and lumpy, in a way that I never noticed before.  I usually watch from a distance, but today I was about 6-7 feet away from the screen and got a closer view.  Either she got some recent lip injections or have I just not been looking close enough.

ADDED:  What happened during the cooking segment?  I looked away and suddenly everyone was laughing and Wendy got this embarrassed look on her face.  I was watching on DirecTV Now app and haven't figured out if/how to rewind.  

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 2

Wendy said “Every day with my wigs and costumes”. If you consider your clothes to be costumes then please hire a costume designer. Yesterday she wore a wig with a side part. I liked it much more than today’s with the usual middle part. 

She was explaining her “Get Out” comment to the audience member who forgot to turn her phone off. She had read on some of the blogs that it came off as harsh and she tried to sand off the rough edges to it.  Nope. Not buying it. Wendy your real self shined through for a moment. 

It annoyed me that she was pronouncing Liam (Miley’s ex) as Lay-um. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, patty1h said:

I glanced up during Ask Wendy and the camera came kinda close to her face... has her top lip always looked like that?  Check it out - it looks swollen and misshapen and lumpy, in a way that I never noticed before.  I usually watch from a distance, but today I was about 6-7 feet away from the screen and got a closer view.  Either she got some recent lip injections or have I just not been looking close enough.

ADDED:  What happened during the cooking segment?  I looked away and suddenly everyone was laughing and Wendy got this embarrassed look on her face.  I was watching on DirecTV Now app and haven't figured out if/how to rewind.  

I just watched the cooking segment, and she was just chowing down as usual, stuffing her mouth.  The cook was a former football player that blew his knee out, so now he’s cooking his Grandmas recipes.  Apparently she knew him a little, so had free reign to question him on his personal life a little too much, so he gave her a wise ass comment.  Another words, he put her in her place for being nosey.  That may have been the reason everyone was laughing.  She over stepped her bounds, as usual, and he let her have it.  She just has to be put in her place for once as she’s getting too big for her britches.  Ps.  She looks like her lips are getting bigger definitely.  Her lips and cheeks.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, patty1h said:

has her top lip always looked like that? 

I didn't see any of this weeks shows but I did start noticing Wendy's very misshaped lips a couple weeks ago. They move around like jelly in a Ziploc baggie.

She's just f'n gross to look at and listen to so thanks to all you posters who unselfishly "take one for the team" and report back to the rest of us!

• Love 5
On 9/28/2019 at 3:08 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Her eyes are like that because she said that she has Grave’s disease. (Hyperthyroidism) She also has lymphodemia,  which has made her lose all the shape in her legs and have cankles. She has to spend at least a hour at night in a special machine to move her excess lymph and reduce swelling every day. She refuses to wear compression hose which would also benefit her. Aging is not coming gracefully for Wendy. Of late her fashion sense (or stylist) are doing her no favors. Since her former wig stylist is gone, her hair (wig) no longer looks as nice. Sadly since had a rough time she’s had last year with her divorce and IMO humiliation because her ex had a baby with his mistress Sharina. That ruffled her feathers. Wendy still has time to bounce back, but will she? Since the marital split she is all look at me and me me me. 

Are you in my head, lol. These are exactly my thoughts. I also don't like when she "makes up" stories about stars in her head. The Christie Brinkley one was a doozy.

• Love 5

I thought Little Kev was in school in Florida.  Today she was talking about how she sometimes calls him for a ride in New York when he's not in class.

Also, she said she was thrown into living in her apartment.  No one threw her kicking and screaming into a super-high end Manhattan apartment.  She was fishing for sympathy from the audience, as she seems to do a lot recently, and it didn't appear to go over very well.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

I thought Little Kev was in school in Florida.  Today she was talking about how she sometimes calls him for a ride in New York when he's not in class.

I think she was saying that she doesn't have any car service apps (like Uber or Lyft) on her own phone, so she has to call her son to get her rides using the apps that are on his phone.   I see so much wrong with this situation - she still has Kevin Jr tied to helping Mommy out, even long distance.  This allows her to play helpless and allowing the boy to step up and be her knight in shining armor, but it also has an element of control.   

None of this is necessary IRL - she could get it together at 54 years old and learn to use your phone for Uber, get one of her lackeys on the show to help her, like Norman, Suzanne, that DJ.  She could get a personal assistant or get an account with a reputable car service.  Time to stop having son being tied to the apron strings.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

Also, she said she was thrown into living in her apartment.  No one threw her kicking and screaming into a super-high end Manhattan apartment.  She was fishing for sympathy from the audience, as she seems to do a lot recently, and it didn't appear to go over very well.

Wendy lies about anything and everything. This is why, among many other reasons, I despise her. And nobody ever calls her out on her b.s. "Anybody" as in TMZ, celeb news reporters/shows. 

And " thrown into her Manhattan apartment"? She's still looking for sympathy. Poor Wendy...such tragedy and sadness in her life.😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Today Wendy told a story about a reporter for Vogue admitting she was unprepared when she got a last minute call to interview Rhianna. Wendy's all: "Come on, you should have 25 questions for Rhianna off the top of your head!" Then she said that when she does an interview her producer always has questions written on cards for her ...in case her (also written for her) teleprompter goes out. That is her amazing level of preparedness! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Today Wendy told a story about a reporter for Vogue admitting she was unprepared when she got a last minute call to interview Rhianna. Wendy's all: "Come on, you should have 25 questions for Rhianna off the top of your head!" Then she said that when she does an interview her producer always has questions written on cards for her ...in case her (also written for her) teleprompter goes out. That is her amazing level of preparedness! 

Wendy is a stellar example of excellence in broadcasting journalism! 😀😄😃😄😄😀😀😁😃

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Yup. She said she was trying to put the kitties in a carrier to take them to a pet hotel (because she is leaving for California tomorrow) and the cats ran and hid. So she left only enough food for one cat and “a few licks of water.” Wendy has a mean streak. She was also pissed because Lil Kev missed the flight to New York. Sounds like she is taking him and her nephew and niece to Hollywood tomorrow for her big ceremony on Thursday. 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Jeanius said:

Yup. She said she was trying to put the kitties in a carrier to take them to a pet hotel (because she is leaving for California tomorrow) and the cats ran and hid. So she left only enough food for one cat and “a few licks of water.” Wendy has a mean streak. She was also pissed because Lil Kev missed the flight to New York. Sounds like she is taking him and her nephew and niece to Hollywood tomorrow for her big ceremony on Thursday. 

Beth Stern must be happy she didn't take Wendy's call.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Has anyone watched her after show? She said something about it on Monday (that she would cover her busy weekend on that show not the televised one). I will give it a try later. She may be taking more of her personal life over there because we were all complaining so much about her not doing HTs or making herself the big HT. 

I agree with Wendy that Zoë Kravitz will make a good Catwoman. 

At one point Wendy got out an antenna type pointer to show us about which baby this lady had with whom. (Forgot her name). I got a laugh because back in the day people used to attach an alligator clip to the end of one of those to make passing joints easier. It was the 1960’s folks. They were the “in” thing. Then people graduated to hemostats in the 70’s as the clip of choice. Sorry for digressing. 

If I was Wendy I’d be annoyed with Lil Kevin too. Unless there’s unforseeable traffic, it’s not hard to get up and make it to an airport in time for a flight. Wendy had to be footing that bill, including the change fees which are pricey. At least her neice made it on time. Now she is flying everyone to CA. Of course they’ll be in a swanky hotel and eating at the right (popular places, especially to be seen) restaurants. It costs to get a star on the Walk of Fame. You also have to guarantee the bucks for its perpetual upkeep. Google it. It’s a honor yes, but you have to have deep enough pockets to get it. 

I’m so mad about the kittens. They’re babies. Rule #1 for getting a cat in the carrier. Never let them see it. Mine know if they see it that they are going to the vet, or are being taken to my daughter’s house because I’m traveling for awhile. In other words...something unpleasant is about to happen. Then you begin shutting off doors to closets and rooms so they don’t have as many hiding spots. Wendy is probably high strung and nervous (Lil Kevs delay didn’t help this mood) and they feel those not happy vibes as well. Let’s home she retrieves them upon her return to NY. Poor babies. 

Does Wendy have to ship her lymph machine to CA? You know she’ll be eating out and a lot more sodium causing inflammation and water retention. Or is this just a machine of convenience? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m so mad about the kittens. They’re babies. Rule #1 for getting a cat in the carrier. Never let them see it. Mine know if they see it that they are going to the vet, or are being taken to my daughter’s house because I’m traveling for awhile. In other words...something unpleasant is about to happen. Then you begin shutting off doors to closets and rooms so they don’t have as many hiding spots. Wendy is probably high strung and nervous (Lil Kevs delay didn’t help this mood) and they feel those not happy vibes as well. Let’s home she retrieves them upon her return to NY. Poor babies. 

All of the above! Those kittens are definitely living in a highly stressful environment. I'm sure Kevin Jr. blasts music when he's there, smokes pot and has loud friends over.  

I like Kathy Griffin. Always have. And most of us already know Andy Cohen is a huge dickhead. 

No slit in Wendy's plaid kilt. I've still got 20 minutes left of today's show and I'm hoping Wendy is going to bust out with an Irish jig! 😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I came here to vent about Wendy torturing her cats as well.  I feel like she says stuff like this to be funny, but you're withholding food and water from innocent animals?  I mean, give me a break - there is no damn way Wendy doesn't have assistants doing all of this stuff for her.  Anyway, all of her pets should be removed from her home.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, DrivingSideways said:

there is no damn way Wendy doesn't have assistants doing all of this stuff for her.

I would like to believe this, but I don't. She might pay someone to clean the litter box once a day but other than that, those kittens are not sleeping or cuddling with WW. She's not playing with them or loving on them. I called it right when Shaq, her Cane Corso, was no longer being mentioned in hot topics or, at all. The dog was already gone. The cats are next. 

• Love 4

Has she ever had cats before? If not, I'll cut her a little slack, as I've had to cancel a few vet appointments in the past when the cat was nowhere to be found, but after years of crazy cat lady-ness, I wised up. Still, no excuse for withholding food and water because the kitties outsmarted you!

She should hire a cat sitter anyway. Then the kitties don't have to be traumatized by leaving their environment. But of course Wendy's probably too paranoid to let anyone alone in her place. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I have never owned a cat in my life, but even I know they get really upset when you leave them and/or make a change in their environment. What is she gonna do when they pee in her suitcase?! And to think starving them will teach them! Jesus God. 

I will give the show props for having KG on. (Although, I'm sure it's cuz they literally could not get ANYONE else!) It is pretty crazy what they did to her. I mean, did all the other people involved in that professional photo shoot and at the magazine also get blacklisted? I'm guessing no. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I will give the show props for having KG on.

Same here. I’ve seen a lot of her shows back in the days when they were broadcast on my tv. She was funny and full of insight. I agree with some that she has been known to take things too far, but you have to keep in mind that she’s coming from a place of snark and humor. Her embarrassing Anderson Cooper on New Years Eve was hysterical. She was always willing to embarrass herself more than I remember her doing it to anyone else. 

• Love 5
On 10/15/2019 at 10:12 AM, druzy said:

Did Wendy just say she only left enough food and water for 1 kitten today because they were hiding? She's a monster 😡

I am so fucking pissed off at this I can't even explain how fucking pissed off I am. What a POS she is. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I am so fucking pissed off at this I can't even explain how fucking pissed off I am. What a POS she is. 

Wendy is an evil bitch who should have never gotten approved to adopt those innocent kittens. Maybe people just don't watch her show anymore because I really thought she was going to get backlash from the gossip sites but nothing. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Can't someone call the local humane society or animal control and get a wellness check?

My girlfriend did this with a neighbor who was abusing his dog.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I am hoping someone on this forum remembers the name of the veterinarian who WW adopted the kittens from. 

When Wendy said Beth Stern was going to adopt out kittens to her, I emailed the rescue place (North Shore Animal Rescue League) in New York and complained. Nobody responded to my complaint/email but they put me on their mailing list. Bottom line is that Wendy didn't get pets from Beth Stern. 

I would be the first to call/email the vet that adopted those kittens to Wendy and start an all ourt protest. That vet needs to feel the burn of adopting out pets to just anyone. Why did she let Wendy adopt them knowing Wendy's history with "getting rid of" her dog Shaq because she didn't want him anymore? 

Fuck Wendy and fuck that veterinarian. Glad those kitties are at a pet hotel  while Wendy gets her star on the whatever walk of Fame or Shame.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

they put me on their mailing list.

Do you mean that they are soliciting for donations? I understand that it might be hard for them to reply to every email that they get, but surely they have a pat response (We are sorry to hear your concerns....). At least Beth Stern isn’t going to lose any of her reputation over this. She genuinely cares about all th cats and kitties that she fosters and tries to help rehome. 

6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Do you mean that they are soliciting for donations? I understand that it might be hard for them to reply to every email that they get, but surely they have a pat response (We are sorry to hear your concerns....). At least Beth Stern isn’t going to lose any of her reputation over this. She genuinely cares about all th cats and kitties that she fosters and tries to help rehome. 

Yes. The email was a solicitation for donations. They did not address my concerns about the Wendy Williams adoption issue. I still get solicitation emails from them weekly.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes. The email was a solicitation for donations. They did not address my concerns about the Wendy Williams adoption issue. I still get solicitation emails from them weekly.

Well that’s rotten. I see it as a misuse of your mailing information. You didn’t agree to be put on that list. I think that’s why all sales people now ask for your information. So they can send you ads galore. You would think however, that someone would have recognized Wendy’s name and at least did a courtesy check. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Mimi said:

On yesterday’s show, Wendy said they were set up at the cat hotel while she is away.

She was going to bring them in the morning before she left for the show but they were hiding so she only left enough food for 1 and a few licks of water. 

image.png.05719f95f7d81bc428b1bd9a3934e679.png

image.png.a139a7f0c561dc586c7cca64a33a6b82.png

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, druzy said:

She was going to bring them in the morning before she left for the show but they were hiding so she only left enough food for 1 and a few licks of water. 

Makes no sense. If she knew there were 2 cats then why leave food for only one and not enough water for either? Now she says they were brought to a cat hotel. Why didn't she say that to begin with? Because she's a liar, liar, liar. I just can't with this sick bitch. 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Why didn't she say that to begin with? Because she's a liar, liar, liar. I just can't with this sick bitch. 

Yes! She's already getting herself confused with her lies. And NOBODY questions her. The audience just laughs, claps and does the hand gestures saying " how u doin"?" Fucking morons. All of them.

I noticed Wendy is engaging Suzanne in her conversations more often during (not so) hot topics. Asking Suzanne her opinion on things. Please Wendy, go crawl back under the Slimey Boulder you crawled out from.

So, I MUST snark on Wendy's pants from Thursday's (?) show. The baggy ass blue jeans. Those are the jeans one wears when we are going to paint the accent wall in the living room. Or do some "get down and dirty" gardening. At least we didn't have to see the daily waffle pattern pantyhose. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

F3AF2E78-83F3-4BE6-BF8A-1059F3FE8034.jpeg.4cb2762549c2793f4c03134866410c11.jpeg

Wendy got her Star today. I don’t like her also wearing the Stars. The idea of “Star” is overdone. She should have just worn a classy dress. Oh my. Does she even own one (that isn’t funky)? It’s Hollywood Wendy. Get a stylist. Everyone who is anyone uses them. They also can get premium fashions that the general public can’t  

She mentioned that she’s going to a gay bar tomorrow night called Blow. I got a laugh because someone in the audience shouted Pump (one of the LVP establishments). She won’t go there (Blow) now because she will have people there just to get a look at her. She should have stuck to just telling the paparazzi like she usually does. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Wendy got her Star today. I don’t like her also wearing the Stars. The idea of “Star” is overdone. She should have just worn a classy dress. Oh my. Does she even own one (that isn’t funky)? It’s Hollywood Wendy. Get a stylist. Everyone who is anyone uses them. They also can get premium fashions that the general public can’t  

She mentioned that she’s going to a gay bar tomorrow night called Blow. I got a laugh because someone in the audience shouted Pump (one of the LVP establishments). She won’t go there (Blow) now because she will have people there just to get a look at her. She should have stuck to just telling the paparazzi like she usually does. 

Her head looks like it was photoshopped onto someone else's body.  It reminds me of Khole's head in this picture:

image.png.2e6a2d9c073c073b03415c098a9dd8ba.png

Edited by druzy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, druzy said:

Her head looks like it was photoshopped onto someone else's body.  It reminds me of Khole's head in this picture:

That doesn’t even look like Khloé. What has she done to herself? Hollywood must be addicted to plastic surgery. Well...Wendy could get her looks refreshed while there, but sadly with her condition (the lymphademia or whatever it is that she says that she has) they won’t be able to erase her cankles. 

• LOL 3
On 10/14/2019 at 2:45 PM, chenoa333 said:
On 10/14/2019 at 2:45 PM, chenoa333 said:

I thought Little Kev was in school in Florida.  Today she was talking about how she sometimes

Colleges were off for a few days for Columbus Day, so he probably flew home.

• Love 3
On 10/16/2019 at 7:18 PM, druzy said:

Wendy is an evil bitch who should have never gotten approved to adopt those innocent kittens. Maybe people just don't watch her show anymore because I really thought she was going to get backlash from the gossip sites but nothing. 

When I adopted my Mickey cat from the North shore Animal League where Beth Stern runs, I had to fill out numerous papers all about my home life, etc.  Then, they called me twice to see how my cat was doing, eating, etc.  I also had to give a donation the day I took her home, which I didn’t mind of course.  They really made sure she was going in a good environment.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Oh brother, now she has a star.  There will be no talking to her now, the Royal Princess of all Media.  Most people getting a star usually just wear a nice simple dress. This creation is just ridiculous.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

With that creation she’s wearing, all she needs is a crystal ball and she cann predict fortunes, or a Witch hat for Halloween.  Or maybe she needs a wand and can be a Fairy Godmother, like in Cinderella.

• LOL 4