Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Archer Dreamland: Ladyfingers

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

No surprise that Dreamland Krieger was a Nazi. Didn't see him being a turncoat jew that faked his death coming, though. The robokitty was hilarious to see. The various surgeries and amputations...not so much.

The running gag with Poovey finding all the hot dogs was also great.

Also, Dreamland Cyril still has a big dick. Archer & Poovey's faces after stripping him was one of my favorite parts of the whole episode.

As for Barry...I totally called it on becoming a cyborg. Not steampunk, but I'm excited to see where this goes.

• Love 1

Man, in any reality, the Tunts are a mess. Nice to have Eugene Mirman back as Cecil (I'm assuming), even as he demands Charlotte's finger as proof.

Nice to see Cyril being the butt of the show's jokes. Well, at least until Archer and Pam Poovey stripped him. Those were horrified looks in the car. I'm surprised Poovey could wolf a hot dog down afterward.

"Action!" Good to see Krieger fucking people over. Also funny: Archer-style dialogue in German. "Meow?"

• Love 3

Not as good as last week's episode and it started a little slow but it picked up nicely halfway through and finished strong with the extended German flashback.  Pam constantly eating hot dogs was a funny gag too.

• Love 1

So upset that I, somehow, forgot that Archer was on tonight. I did manage to catch Krieger as a Nazi...who is actually a Jew. Interesting turn considering he was always (jokingly?) considered to be a Hitler-clone (which is impossible, but anyway).

• Love 1

Holy crap, did Kreiger kick ass or what?

The running gag of the hot dogs was great, as was the reaction to Figgis' personal foot long.

Liked the little Big Sleep reference with the green house and the old rich guy in it.  Yes, I read.  Cecil was irritating though.  Wish they took his fingers in retaliation.

But now we have cyborg Barry again.  Wonder how this will play out.

• Love 1

I liked this episode and Poovey's hot dog gag was funny as hell. Especially the one that she or maybe he gets from the back room of the morgue and Archer points out that Poovey shouldn't be eating that because it could've been in a dead person. 

Another highlight was the flashbacks for Dr. Krieger and the revelation that he was a turncoat Jew, who faked his death and then became a Nazi scientist doing unethical super soldier experiments. And also the robokitty and robodogs. Also, I like the reference of "devil dogs" and that it came from the older Nazi that was going to kill Krieger for being a Jew- that was a nice reference. Damn even in Archer's mind, Krieger is still a creepy bastard. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 3

Krieger and his robot cat was hilarious.  I think the Krieger black and white scenes were the best part of the episode.

Another scene with Archer monologuing to find someone in the car with him.  It's a clever gag.

Archer and Poovey make a fun pair.  

• Love 2

I loved the parts with Poovet and the scenes where Archer and Poovey almost both had the black eye and sometimes looked like mirror images of each other except it was the same eye.

Loved seeing Cecil. Hope we get to see him again, with Tiffy if possible. I still hope old man Vandertunt will speak and it will be Chris Hardwick.

The robot cat was everything!

• Love 1

Archer and Poovey are the best team in this series because they move a lot of the action, but genuinely get along. I still don't know if we're supposed to read much into the characters as some revelation into Archer's mind, but if so, I like that Pam is a trusted friend. 

Giving Barry robot arms when he only needed legs is so this show. I didn't see the twist coming. 

• Love 3

Watching this episode gain made me think about all the people who are not i n Dreamland; especially AJ as the Wee Baby Seamus seems to have disappeared from the Archerverse but I think it would be fun to see Aj and Seamus as adults and teamed up for some purpose. No Ron either and I wonder if Katya will make an appearance in a later episode. Maybe as Cyril's (ex?) wife. I also wish the morgue attendant had been the gun librarian from ISIS and I wonder if the hot dog gag had something to do with the Archer Ap they keep advertising (Look for clues!).

On 4/28/2017 at 11:09 PM, ganesh said:

Archer and Poovey are the best team in this series because they move a lot of the action, but genuinely get along. I still don't know if we're supposed to read much into the characters as some revelation into Archer's mind, but if so, I like that Pam is a trusted friend. 

Giving Barry robot arms when he only needed legs is so this show. I didn't see the twist coming. 

That was a twist me for me also. 

Oh my God, Kriegers backstory was amazing! I figured he would turn out to be a Nazi scientist, I did NOT figured that he was actually a secret Jew screwing with the Nazi war effort, and building cyborg attack dogs to kill Nazis! I would so watch a whole movie about that. Also, I thought that his cyborg cat was adorable. "Meow".

• Love 1