Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers Only Thread: Season 6

Bort
  • Start Topic

SEASON 6: ARROW’s Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) and Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) in Vancouver
By Susan Gittins December 7, 2017  
http://hollywoodnorth.buzz/2017/12/season-6-arrows-black-siren-katie-cassidy-and-quentin-lance-paul-blackthorne-in-vancouver.html

And earlier this week, Arrow filmed a sequence of Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) following Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) down the street as Star City cruisers speeded past. There appears to be some bonding going on. Is it real or part of Cayden James’s overall plan?
Laurel/Black Siren ducks into doorway as Star City police cruisers speed by.

SEASON 6: Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) is Back in Vancouver for ARROW
By Susan Gittins December 9, 2017 
http://www.hollywoodnorth.buzz/2017/12/season-6-roy-harper-colton-haynes-is-back-in-town-for-arrow.html

Is that you Roy Harper? Thea Queen was looking for you at Oliver and Felicity’s wedding reception.
This isn’t the first time he’s returned to Arrow for an episode. Why is he back now? Arrow filmed at an auto mechanics shop a little more than a week ago.
And Colton Haynes instagrammed his return yesterday..

SUPER CHAT: Marc Guggenheim on Arrow "Season 5.5"
Published on Nov 7, 2017, by WCCB, Charlotte's CW

-- Per MG, in Arrow: Fatal Legacies (the book coming out on Jan. 30 to explain what happened between S5 and S6), we'll learn more about Oliver and where he was headed in S6, we will not meet any new characters, and we will not find out the real identity of the Vigilante in the book.

-- On whether they have an endpoint in mind for Oliver's story as the GA, MG: "We don't know when [unintelligible words] ends. Though, I think, a lot of times, it just depends upon Stephen, the ratings."

-- On when we will see Colton Haynes as Arsenal back on Arrow, MG: "You will definitely see him back on the show. In fact, we talked to Colton a lot very, very recently... But I can't reveal anything."

Edited by tv echo

Marc Guggenheim on Potential Future Seasons of 'Arrow' and 'Legends of Tomorrow'
By CHARLIE RIDGELY - December 11, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/11/arrow-legends-of-tomorrow-new-season-plans-guggenheim/

During an exclusive interview with ComicBook.com, Marc Guggenheim, executive producer of Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, revealed that there are already plans in place for the potential new seasons of both shows.

"Yeah, you know, our minds in the writing room start to [naturally] wonder towards the next season," Guggenheim told us.

"I would say on Legends we have an idea for what I will call the raison d'etre of Season 4," the producer continued. "Like, I think each Season has had a raison d'etre. And we have, for Arrow, a plan for the Big Bad. I can't say that both will absolutely come to pass, because we always give ourselves the freedom to come up with a better idea. And that does happen on occasion. But I would describe it as some really nice clarity about where both shows would be going in their subsequent seasons. We don't have official pickups on either one but we're kind of expecting them. The ratings have been pretty good this year."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Official: Colton Haynes Is Returning To Arrow --

Appropriately enough, Roy Harper’s return comes exactly five years after he made his first appearance — Roy made his Arrow debut in the 15th episode of Season 1; now, he’s returning in the 15th episode of Season 6.

“We’re thrilled to announce that Colton Haynes will be reprising his role as Roy Harper for a short arc on Arrow this year,” Executive Producers Wendy Mericle and Marc Guggenheim said in a statement. “Roy is called back to Star City to help resolve an urgent matter with high stakes for the team. His short visit turns into something surprising when he reunites with Thea and sparks a change in both of their lives that will have long-lasting consequences…”

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 2

Alternative sources for the CH news...

Arrow Confirms Colton Haynes' Return: Find Out When (and Why) Roy Is Back
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 13 2017, 12:00 PM PST
http://tvline.com/2017/12/13/arrow-season-6-colton-haynes-returns-roy-thea/ 

'Arrow’: Colton Haynes Confirmed To Return To CW/DC Series
by Denise Petski  December 13, 2017
http://deadline.com/2017/12/arrow-colton-haynes-confirmed-return-roy-harper-arsenal-1202226297/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Just three days prior to his CH announcement, MG gave the following interview to DC World's Paul Edwards (on Dec. 10)...

Marc Guggenheim Interview at Ace Comic Con by DC World.
Published on Dec 13, 2017, by DC WORLD

-- When asked what's coming up in the next few episodes, MG again reiterated what he said during his Dec. 9 solo panel at ACE Comic Con about reading online reviews which thought that what happened in Arrow's mid-season finale was no big deal because everyone knew it was going to be temporary, so who cares. MG: "How do you know that? How do you know it's temporary? Um, what makes you think it's temporary? But, uh, we got that. We got some really, reallly cool episodes coming up. The mid-season premiere was directed by James Bamford... There's an action sequence in Act 5 that is just ridunkulous. It's really, really good... Really, the first 9 episodes of the sixth season were a lot of table setting and a lot of putting all the pieces in the right places. And now we just start blowing the doors all over the place."

-- After talking about how hard it was to keep Manu Bennett's return to Arrow a secret, MG said: "You know what's funny, someone yesterday told me that Colton Haynes is in Vancouver right now. Um, but he's not filming Arrow! ... You know, he does have friends in Vancouver... Obviously, we'd love to get Colton back on the show some time."

-- MG also talked about the difficulty in shooting the crossover when they have to shoot the mid-season finale and mid-season premiere right after and how none of the actors can be in two places at one time. He specifically praised the ADs who were in charge of the scheduling. 

Edited by tv echo

Smashing Interviews Magazine interview with Michael Emerson (posted/quoted by @strikera0 on page 1680 of Spoiler Discussion thread)...

Michael Emerson Interview: Emmy Award-Winning Actor Talks "Arrow" and "Mozart in the Jungle"
Written by Melissa Parker, December 6, 2017
http://smashinginterviews.com/interviews/actors/michael-emerson-interview-emmy-award-winning-actor-talks-arrow-and-mozart-in-the-jungle  

HOLIDAY HIATUS: SUPERGIRL, ARROW, THE GOOD DOCTOR, THE FLASH & More To Start Filming Hiatus from Vancouver
By Susan Gittins December 8, 2017
http://www.hollywoodnorth.buzz/2017/12/holiday-hiatus-supergirl-arrow-the-good-doctor-the-flash-more-on-filming-hiatus-from-vancouver.html

Arrow
From December 15th to January 2nd

Edited by tv echo

This video was in the above ComicBook article, but included more MG comments about Arrow than what was reported in that article - note that this MG interview took place sometime during ACE Comic Con, which was the weekend of Dec. 9-10, 2017...

The Mutuals Interviews: Marc Guggenheim (During ACE Comic Con)
Published on Dec 17, 2017, by Discussing Film

-- MG first talked about how no one expected Arrow to be so big or to "birth" so many other shows. He called it a "small miracle." When the interviewer noted that the show started out as the show with no powers, MG said: "Yeah, how'd that work out? ... The trick with Arrow is always like, how do we keep it to its roots while at the same time still acknowledging that there's a world now with superheroes, super - you know, superpowered people out there."

-- On not being able to use Suicide Squad in S3 of Arrow, MG: "We were basically told, you know, we got other plans for Suicide Squad, so, uh, particularly Deadshot, so that's why we, you know, sort of did what we did... Look, these are DC's characters. We're just renting them, you know. So we use the characters that they tell us we can use, when we can use them, and we work around whatever limitations that places us."

-- On using Deathstroke and how the film version has been on and off, MG: "Yeah, I think, you know, as a result, we've been on and off. Uh, you know, for a time they were saying, we - 'you can't use Deathstroke.' Then that changed and we were able to have, you know, Slade Wilson back on the show. And now we're back to...  'you can't use him'... Well, they're working on the feature film version. It really is sort of - now that you've got, you know, obviously Slade - spoiler alerts - Deathstroke appears at the end of the Justice League movie... You know, it [spears?-unintelligible word] these intervals. We try to take advantage of our opportunities when we have them."

-- On using Booster Gold, MG said that Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg were working on a Booster Gold movie, but because MG wasn't involved, he doesn't know the status of it.

-- MG again mentioned that Vic Sage would be a "really great fit with the tone of Arrow." However, MG then said: "Again, it's not our character, it's DC's characters. They've got other plans for The Question, which is awesome... ((Interviewer: "They do have other plans?") ... Well, if they didn't - I don't know what their plans are, but clearly they do have other plans; otherwise, we'd be using him."

-- On the then current status of Arrow, MG: "Arrow, we are breaking episode 615. We're shooting episode 613. " [tv echo: Remember, this interview took place on Dec. 9 or 10, 2017.]

-- On whether they have ideas for where Arrow and LoT are going to go next (if they get greenlit), MG: "We actually do. Uh, we do. We know how the seasons for both shows are going to end, and how those endings will set up the next season of each of the shows. So we actually do. We have a plan."

-- On whether they have like a "Marvel Studios master plan" for the two shows, MG: "No. I think it's very hard in television to, like, you know, have a master plan in terms of how many years out... Television works on a different kind of time horizon than features does. Um, that said, you know, I think we have a clear vision as to what we want to do next year on both of the shows. And, um, that's nice... you know, we don't have official pick-ups yet on either show. But we're very confident that we'll get additional seasons on both shows."

Edited by tv echo

Michael Emerson on Backstage Live (December 19, 2017)
Published on Dec 19, 2017, by Michael Emerson Source

-- ME seems to confirm that he is in a total of 7 episodes of Arrow this season, 3 of which have already aired (604, 607, 609), leaving 4 unaired episodes. Interviewer: "You, of course, are in town to talk about Arrow, which you're in episode 3 out of your 7?" ME: "Have aired. So there's more to come... A lot more to come."

-- Interviewer asked him to talk about his "7-episode arc on Arrow" where he's playing a villain. ME: "It is fun. I enjoy playing a villain. Or - or someone who the audience thinks is villainous. But then they usually - and in this case, it happens again - they usually turn out to be a little more nuanced and little more human than anyone gave them credit for to begin with. There's something about me that's a little off-putting, I think, on first meeting. But then people warm up to me as we go along. But it's a good show. Arrow is a good show. Part of what pleased me about taking this job was it was something my 11-year-old nephew got very excited about. 'Oh my god, Uncle Michael, I watch that show!' ... (Interviewer interjected, "That's the first time that's happened?") ... Yeah, I think so, because usually I'm on something a little grown up or boring for his taste, so I thought, 'oh, this is cool, this is kinda fun, to be on something that has a young audience.'"

-- Interviewer asked if the nuances are something he brings to his character or if the nuances are in the writing. ME: "I suppose it's a little bit of both. I mean, Arrow is a superhero show and it's based on comic books, so it's - you know, they're not obliged to be as nuanced as maybe some other kinds of shows might be, because those lines of good and evil are more plainly divided in that universe. But still, there's room to finesse the reading of the lines and, you know, you can have little twitches and glimmers of tenderness." 

Edited by tv echo

Michael Emerson stops by to chat NBC New York
Published on Dec 20, 2017, by Follow-voice

-- On who is Cayden James, ME: "He's a computer genius willing to bring down the world internet as an act of vengeance for what he feels is the wrongful death of his own son."

-- On the redeeming qualities of villains like Cayden James, ME: "Oh, there's always lots of redeeming qualities... I mean, they're so precise, they're so collected, they're good planners, they're good communicators, and they often have a great sense of humor."

-- On the Arrow mid-season finale cliffhanger, ME: "Well, Team Arrow is on the outs, and Team Villain is on the rise. And that's what gets set up, is it's sort of a murderers' row of all the most fearful villains on the show have now formed an alliance and they're going to be hard to beat."

Edited by tv echo

Arrow's Jessica de Gouw responds to The Huntress return rumours
BY IAN SANDWELL  22 DECEMBER 2017
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/arrow/news/a846055/arrow-huntress-season-6-jessica-de-gouw/

"With Arrow, it's always been about scheduling and what I can make work and what they can make work with the storylines lining up. It's never out of the question. Whether it will happen anytime soon, I think we're still piecing that together, but never say never," she told Digital Spy.

"It would be lovely to pop back. It's such a wonderful group of people and it's such a fun show. I'm on social media so there's a constant engagement with the fans and they're definitely interested in Huntress coming back. We'll have to see."

De Gouw was talking to us to mark the upcoming UK premiere of Underground, WGN America's slavery drama about the Underground Railroad.

Edited by tv echo

“Divided” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

OLIVER DISCOVERS A SHOCKING TRUTH ABOUT CAYDEN JAMES — Despite losing half his team, Oliver (Stephen Amell) remains confident that he, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (David Ramsey) can stop Cayden James (guest star Michael Emerson) and Black Siren (Katie Cassidy). However, when he discovers one of Cayden’s secrets, he decides to team up with an unlikely ally. Meanwhile, Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) spends time with Vince (guest star Johann Urb). James Bamford directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#610). Original airdate 1/18/2018.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/12/arrow-episode-610-divided-promo.html

Arrowverse Producer Confirms There Are No Plans for Other 'Justice League' Characters
By CHARLIE RIDGELY - December 28, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/29/arrowverse-justice-league-no-plans-for-batman/

After the Batman reference, and various nods to Wonder Woman and other Justice League characters, fans of the connected DC universe on The CW have been clinging to the hope that other popular team-members could join Green Arrow and The Flash on the small screen. However, according to Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim, the more popular members of the League aren't joining the ranks any time soon.
During an exclusive interview with ComicBook.com, Guggenheim was quick to shut down any future appearances of the Justice League.

"No, I love a good Easter egg, and I love doing the occasional name drop," Guggenheim told us. "You know, we name dropped Hal Jordan at the beginning of Season 3, but it's really just fun for us. I think in the Arrowverse we have our own Justice League and the Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Batman ... these are all characters that are either spoken for on the movie side and/or other shows. There's a Bruce Wayne on Gotham."

The producer went on to explain that the creative team behind the Arrowverse just likes to have fun with the rich history of DC comics, even if they aren't planning on including the more recognizable parts of that history on the shows.

"Over here on the CW, we're sort of a mischievous lot, and we enjoy the occasional Easter egg," Guggenheim says. "And our partners at DC are very tolerant of our mischief. But that's really all it is. Just good nature, good fanboy mischief."

Edited by tv echo

611 Description

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/01/arrow-episode-611-we-fall-press-release.html

ARROW
“We Fall” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

WILLIAM LANDS IN CAYDEN JAMES’ CROSSHAIRS —  Cayden James (guest star Michael Emerson) ups the ante by launching his plan to take control of every aspect of the city. Despite the scope of Cayden’s plan, Oliver (Stephen Amell) is determined to foil it with just the Original Team Arrow – and without the aid of Rene (Rick Gonzalez), Dinah (Juliana Harkavy), or Curtis (Echo Kellum). But things get complicated when William (guest star Jack Moore) is endangered as a result of Cayden’s handiwork. Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Spiro Skentzos (#611).  Original airdate 1/25/2018.

“All for Nothing” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

OLIVER AND DINAH FACE OFF —  Oliver (Stephen Amell) continues his battle with Cayden James (guest star Michael Emerson). Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) and Oliver have a major disagreement that endangers the life of one of their own. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Oscar Balderrama (#612).  Original airdate 2/1/2018.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/01/arrow-episode-612-all-for-nothing-press.html

SEASON 6: ARROW Friday Night in Studio With Roy (Colton Haynes) & His Arrow Family
By Susan Gittins January 13, 2018 
http://hollywoodnorth.buzz/2018/01/season-6-arrow-fraturday-night-in-studio-with-roy-colton-haynes-and-his-arrow-family.html

Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) is still back with Team Arrow, filming tonight at Vancouver Film Studios.
And why the fireworks tonight?
Stephen Amell looked to be a no-show tonight for the first time ever on Arrow because of a sinus infection.
But he made it and brought his daughter to set..

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

'Arrow' Showrunner Teases Controversial Reveal for Cayden James
By JOSEPH SCHMIDT - January 13, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/14/arrow-cayden-james-controversy/

"He's a much more cerebral bad guy than we've had. We've got some plans for his character that I think are very unconventional," Guggenheim said. "One of the things I was saying to the network and the studio… was because Arrow is in its sixth season and is the longest in the tooth of all the [Greg] Berlanti shows, we kind of feel an obligation to do things that the other shows haven't done before. Also in part because by the time we're in season 6, there's a lot of stuff that we've already done. So we're constantly trying to surprise ourselves."
"We've got some very, I think, unexpected things coming up with Michael's character," Guggenheim said. "But I think the key to any villain is their motivation. I think you'll start to see, in the early episodes once we come back from the break, a little bit more about what Cayden James is motivated by. You learned a bit about his son. There's more to that story. There's actually a lot more to that story."
"I think it's going to unfold in a way that will really surprise people," Guggenheim said. "I actually expect it to be controversial because we're doing something that's so different than what we've done in years past. There's one particular hard right turn that we've got up our sleeves that we've never done before. So I'll be curious to see what people think of it."

Edited by tv echo

Marc Guggenheim Teases Next Arrowverse Crossover
By JOSEPH SCHMIDT - January 13, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/14/arrowverse-crossover-marc-guggenheim/ 

Guggenheim hinted that they might not go the typically comic book-inspired route of bringing every character together for an epic battle, much like they did in "Crisis" and in "Invasion!" That said, the plans are still up in the air.
"We haven't talked any specifics but we have talked about a general agreement of thinking outside the box and doing something a little differently than what we've done in the past," Guggenheim said. "What that is, I have no idea. None of us really know."

Edited by tv echo

Painel David Ramsey e Emily Bett Rickards na HVFF Portland 18 - NÃO LEGENDADO
Published on Jan 14, 2018, by Olicity OTA Arrow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W_otPZD6Ao

-- Mod: "And for you and Curtis, that was sad. Curtis isn't exactly a new person at this point in time... And Felicity and Curtis are starting a company together. And Curtis said that he still wants to do the business together.  I don't see that working out very well." EBR: "This prediction might be answered in a scene we shot Friday night at - Thursday night at 1am in the morning." DR: "How so?" EBR: "I would tell you, but it would spoil the room... You were there, I can tell you that." DR: "Well, you don't want me to do it because I will give up spoilers. Not good, not good."

-- Fan: "Hey Hoss! When are you going to forgive my boy?" EBR: "Rene?" Mod: "Rene." DR: "You know, they really are - this whole - we kind of joked about it. But you know how Captain America and Iron Man really had a - like a -it's a real feud, right? That's going to go on for a long time. That's our story. This is not something that's going to go away quickly. It's a battle of wills and philosophies. So it's going to go on for quite awhile." EBR: "We're waiting on the ballad that plays when they make up. We're waiting."

-- Fan: "Can you tell us two truths and a lie about the rest of the season?" (DR and EBR turned it into a multiple choice question.) DR: "The end of Season 6. 'A'?" EBR: "A bomb hits the city." DR/EBR: "'B'?" EBR: "A truth bomb hits the city." DR/EBR: "'C'?" EBR: "A Ben bomb hits the city. 'D'? No bomb hits the city."

Edited by tv echo

Three EK interviews...

Arrow's Echo Kellum: Can a 'Fractured' Team Stop Cayden James' Grand Plan?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 17 2018, 12:53 PM PST
http://tvline.com/2018/01/17/arrow-season-6-episode-10-preview-echo-kellum-team-breakup/

Arrow: The Team Is ‘Very Much Still At Odds’ When Season 6 Returns
By Kevin Yeoman  January 17, 2018
https://screenrant.com/arrow-team-divided-echo-kellum-midseason-6/

'Arrow's Echo Kellum Teases Love Interest for Mister Terrific
By NICOLE DRUM - January 18, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/18/arrow-mister-terrific-love-interest-echo-kellum/

Edited by tv echo