Type keyword(s) to search

Country Music, Y'all!

• Start Topic

(edited)

"Old Town Road" is officially the number one song in the country. I only wonder if it would have it number one on the Hot Country Songs Chart--perhaps even simultaneously--had Billboard kept it there, too (hell, with Billy Ray Cyrus on the remix now, it could still wind up back there, even if they look like hypocrites/racists for doing so after all the controversy).

TBH, on first listen, I like version WITHOUT Billy Ray more, even though it's barely long enough to even COUNT as a full song. It's definitely catchy, but there is little doubt that it's a meme--and I do wonder how much of it is laughing WITH people from the country, rather than AT them. *shrug*

(Full disclosure: I wonder the same thing whenever people call Kacey Musgraves their Yeehaw Queen too, but she seems to love it, so whatever.)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

In honor of the late Earl Thomas Conley.

18 number one hits in the 1980's. And despite being nowhere NEAR Blake Shelton's biggest fan, one big thing I DO like about him is his idolization of ETC, whose fame was otherwise largely overshadowed by the superstars of the 1990's country scene. RIP.

On another note: a GREAT cover of "Teach Your Children" by Suzy Bogguss and Kathy Mattea.

I'm so glad to finally be posting this here.

Carrie Underwood is currently on tour, supporting her most recent album, Cry Pretty (it began on May 1st). Near the end of her show, she does a medley of a bunch of songs by several other women of country music, most of them from the 90's, but there are others from before that included, too. She performs these songs along with her tour's two opening acts, the female country duo Maddie & Tae, and the female country trio Runaway June. 

Here are the songs a part of the medley:

1."Stand By Your Man"--Tammy Wynette (obviously I appreciate this one a lot in particular 😉 )

2."Walkin' After Midnight"--Patsy Cline

3. "Coal Miner's Daughter"--Loretta Lynn

4. "9 to 5"--Dolly Parton

5. "Rockin' with the Rhythm of the Rain"--The Judds

6. "She's in Love with the Boy"--Trisha Yearwood

7. "Independence Day"--Martina McBride

8. "Wild One"--Faith Hill

9. "Why Haven't I Heard From You"--Reba McEntire

10. "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!"--Shania Twain

According to an interview just prior to the tour starting, she really wanted to include a song from Patty Loveless, too, but I guess there just wasn't any more room.

This clip is from her May 6th show in San Antonio. It's one of the only clips I've found where nothing from the medley is edited or cut off.

Update: I was wrong. Some of "Independence Day" and "Wild One" DID get edited out in that above video. If you start this one at around 4:36, you'll see those two songs in full. This is from her May 3rd show in Birmingham.

• Love 2

We officially have a lead-off single for a Tanya Tucker album for the first time since 2002. The song is "The Wheels of Laredo", and the album is While I'm Livin', and it was produced by indie country darlings Brandi Carlile (who won three Grammys earlier this year), and Shooter Jennings (Waylon & Jessi's son).

• Love 1

From last night's CMT Awards: "Delta Dawn" as performed by Tanya Tucker, Brandi Carlile, RaeLynn, Lauren Alaina, Martina McBride, Trisha Yearwood, Deana Carter, and Carly Pearce.

And speaking of female country artists who haven't released an album of original material in several years: Trisha Yearwood is planning on releasing her first album of original material since 2007 this fall, and the lyric video for her lead-off single, "Every Girl in This Town", was released earlier today:

On 4/7/2019 at 11:53 PM, UYI said:

The performance I REALLY saw panned was from LANCO, the winner of Best New Group of the Year.

This is a pretty late reply but that performance actually got me intrigued enough to check out the band and their discography and made me a fan. 

Now that I've listened to Yearwood's lead-off single, I like that one, too; what an exciting year in music to get new albums from both Trisha Yearwood and, especially, Tanya Tucker, after all this time.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Now that I've listened to Yearwood's lead-off single, I like that one, too; what an exciting year in music to get new albums from both Trisha Yearwood and, especially, Tanya Tucker, after all this time.

Reba released her new album back in April, too! Her last album two years ago was a Gospel/Inspirational type album, so it had been awhile since there had been a more "secular" release from her, too. And it's great. 

Kelsea Ballerini will be the first woman in country music to have a number one song ("Miss Me More") on the Billboard Country Airplay chart since 15 months ago, the week of February 24th, 2018, when she last topped the chart with "Legends." Yay for seeing more women on top of country radio! ❤️ 😄 

• Love 1
On 6/9/2019 at 7:07 PM, UYI said:

Kelsea Ballerini will be the first woman in country music to have a number one song ("Miss Me More") on the Billboard Country Airplay chart since 15 months ago, the week of February 24th, 2018, when she last topped the chart with "Legends." Yay for seeing more women on top of country radio! ❤️ 😄 

Quoting myself because I got the chart wrong. It was actually on Mediabase, which is based on radio airplay but is different from Billboard's chart. 

Still great, though. 

• Love 1
(edited)

More good news this week for on the Billboard Country Airplay chart (and NOT Mediabase, which is where Kelsea Ballerini is currently number one--she's number two this week on BBCA, though):

For the record: the last female trio before them to reach the top 20 in country was actually NOT the Dixie Chicks, but SheDAISY. They never were as big after their first album, and their second album had the least amount of chart success, but their third album had some moderate hits (and their last really big hit, the wartime song "Come Home Soon"). The Dixie Chicks' last hit song on the country charts was "Travelin' Soldier", which was at number one the very same week as the "incident" in 2003, and quickly tumbled down the charts once countless radio stations pulled it out of rotation en masse. "Not Ready to Make Nice" succeeded almost entirely on digital downloads alone--country radio airplay had virtually nothing to do with it.

Edited by UYI
4 minutes ago, UYI said:

SheDAISY

Oh, I remember "Little Good-byes" - great song.  I love the list of things left behind.  "Left the litter, but I took the cat" is great, but my hands-down favorite is "loaded up the TV in the back of my car, have fun watching the VCR."

But I just looked up the video for it and, wow, that's bad.  They look like they're in a junior high lip syncing contest, especially the brunette.  A video showing them doing all the various things in the song could have come out quite funny, but they obviously didn't have the budget for it, since it was their debut (at least I assume/hope that's the reason for such a boring video).

• Love 3
(edited)

The Baltimore Orioles are having a Friday night Women of Country Music series featuring emerging female country artists.  These are the women who will be singing:

Lauren Duski, Clare Dunn, Kylie Frey, Natalie Stovall, Carter Faith, and Ruthie Collins.  

The concerts will happen after the game and are included with the game ticket.  I need to exchange some tickets for a couple of games.  Does anyone know anything about these women, or have a suggestion on what night(s) to attend?  Especially seeking out @UYI's opinion 🙂 but please, anyone chime right in! 

Edited by ebk57
Sam Hatmaker was this past Friday. Oops
16 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

The Baltimore Orioles are having a Friday night Women of Country Music series featuring emerging female country artists.  These are the women who will be singing:

Lauren Duski, Clare Dunn, Kylie Frey, Natalie Stovall, Carter Faith, and Ruthie Collins.  

The concerts will happen after the game and are included with the game ticket.  I need to exchange some tickets for a couple of games.  Does anyone know anything about these women, or have a suggestion on what night(s) to attend?  Especially seeking out @UYI's opinion 🙂 but please, anyone chime right in! 

Damn, and I'm only two hours south of Baltimore! 

As far as these particular women go, the only names here I'm actually familiar with are Lauren Duski and Clare Dunn, and I only know a few songs by those two. There are still several newer female artists whose work I need to check out overall, so I'd be open to seeing any of them. I know that's not much, but still. 🙂 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, UYI said:

Damn, and I'm only two hours south of Baltimore! 

As far as these particular women go, the only names here I'm actually familiar with are Lauren Duski and Clare Dunn, and I only know a few songs by those two. There are still several newer female artists whose work I need to check out overall, so I'd be open to seeing any of them. I know that's not much, but still. 🙂 

Come on up and go to a game with me! 

There's also a Saturday series.  I'll just post the link here in case anyone knows any of these folks.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/music

• Love 2

So very recently, Sirius XM did their own list of what they claim to be the 1000 greatest country songs of all time. Here's the problem: While there are a LOT of great songs on this list, there are also some truly out of place, WTF? type choices--modern songs that feel unworthy, and in some cases even songs by classic artists that feel unrepresentative of their work. And the placements of these songs leaves you wondering if half of it was put together by legitimate country music journalists and historians, and the other half by monkeys who suffer from both Tourettes Syndrome and a raging crack addiction.

But hey, don't take my word for it (in large part because--full disclosure--there are many, MANY songs on this list that I have yet to listen to myself--part of the trouble of only truly discovering genre a few years ago). Take the word of the fine folks at Country Universe, who were bewildered enough by the results of this list to dissect it one by one, offering their own, often hilarious commentary. These are the same people who brought us the 100 Greatest Women list I shared here throughout much of last year, so you know that they know what they're talking about here.

But first, if you're interested, here is the full list itself, via Google spreadsheet, as for some weird reason, Sirius XM has not made the list available on their website (I didn't make this, BTW--I would've been MUCH better at capitalizing everything):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1atVTI4gSNdLnkyuMkwsBVg-F2xPSKHHhIgUOL-noVbk/edit#gid=0

It should also be noted that the research methods behind this list were never revealed, which makes this list even MORE worthless overall.

Nonetheless, I'm here to see how everyone at CU reacted to the choices here, especially because, like I said, the way a lot of these songs were placed is truly fascinating to me. You'll soon discover why.

Here we go:

#1000: Doug Supernaw--"I Don’t Call Him Daddy”

#999: Patty Loveless--"Timber, I'm Falling in Love"

#998: Keith Anderson--"Pickin' Wildflowers"

#997: David Lee Murphy--"Party Crowd"

#996: Brantley Gilbert--"One Hell of an Amen"

#995: Lefty Frizzell--"I Never Go Around Mirrors"

#994: George Strait--"It Ain't Cool to be Crazy About You"

#993: Eric Church--"Give Me Back My Hometown"

#992: Porter Wagoner--"The Cold Hard Facts of Life"

#991: Rodney Atkins--"Cleaning This Gun (Come On In Boy)"

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/05/30/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-1000-991/

#990: Johnny Lee--"Pickin' Up Strangers"

#989: Bill Anderson--"Po' Folks"

#988: Hunter Hayes--"I Want Crazy"

#987: Conway Twitty--"I'd Just Love to Lay You Down"

#986: Garth Brooks--"Papa Loved Mama"

#985: Toby Keith--"Who's Your Daddy?"

#984: Mel Tillis and the Statesiders--"Stomp Them Grapes"

#983: Emerson Drive--"I Should Be Sleeping"

#982: Eddy Raven--"I Got Mexico"

#981: George Strait--"Living and Living Well"

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/06/04/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-990-981/

#980: George Jones & Tammy Wynette--"Two Story House"

#979: Alan Jackson--"I'll Go On Loving You"

#978: Gary Allan--"Tough Little Boys"

#977: Faron Young--“Live Fast, Love Hard, Die Young”

#976: Tracy Lawrence--“If the World Had a Front Porch”

#975: Martina McBride--“This One’s For the Girls”

#974: Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton--“The Last Thing On My Mind”

#973: George Strait--“Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind”

#972: John Conlee--"Common Man"

#971: Tom T. Hall--"Homecoming"

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/06/09/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-980-971/

#970: Keith Urban--"I Told You So"

#969: Garth Brooks--“To Make You Feel My Love”

#968: Taylor Swift--"Mine"

#967: Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash--“If I Were a Carpenter”

#966: Reba McEntire--“Why Haven’t I Heard From You”

#965: Diamond Rio--"One More Day"

#964: Webb Pierce--"I Ain't Never"

#963: Randy Travis--"He Walked On Water"

#962: Eric Paslay--"Friday Night"

#961: Dwight Yoakam--"Little Sister"

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/06/18/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-970-961/

More to come as they're posted! Enjoy! 🙂 

• Love 2

I'll have to revisit the Country Universe commentary on this list when I have more time, but of the 40 songs posted so far, there are only six I like (which is not to say I dislike all the others; there are some I dislike, some I don't know, and some I find just fine but don't truly like and thus wouldn't put in the top 1000 out of the entire history of country music), so, yeah, I'm giving the side eye.

• Love 1

More from the Sirius XM list! 

#960: Tim McGraw--“Grown Men Don’t Cry”

#959: Willie Nelson--“Uncloudy Day”

#958: Randy Travis--“Too Gone Too Long”

#957: Miranda Lambert--“Famous in a Small Town”

#956: Connie Smith--“Cincinnati, Ohio”

#955: Alan Jackson--“Chasin’ That Neon Rainbow”

#954: Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan and Eric Church--“The Only Way I Know”

#953: Lee Roy Parnell--“What Kind of Fool Do You Think I Am”

#952: George Strait--“Here For a Good Time”

#951: Lefty Frizzell--“The Long Black Veil”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/06/20/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-960-951/

The next ten are here!

#950: The Judds--“Rockin’ With the Rhythm of the Rain”

#949: Carrie Underwood--"See You Again"

#948: Barbara Mandrell-- “(If Loving You is Wrong) I Don’t Want to Be Right”

#947: Lee Brice--"Drinking Class"

#946: Ray Charles--"Together Again"

#945: Dwight Yoakam & Buck Owens--“Streets of Bakersfield”

#944: Tyler Farr--“A Guy Walks Into a Bar”

#943: Merle Haggard--"Misery and Gin"

#942: Shenandoah--“Church On Cumberland Road”

#941: Miranda Lambert--"Kerosene"

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/06/22/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-950-941/

• Love 1
16 hours ago, UYI said:

#945: Dwight Yoakam & Buck Owens--“Streets of Bakersfield”

That needs to be higher.  Significantly.  This is my first true "what the actual fuck?" of the list.

The Bakersfield sound isn't my favorite jam - although, do not get me wrong, I like quite a bit of it - but that collaboration between one of the original masters and his best student has no place down among some of the trifling crap they've got ranked.

• Love 2

The next ten entries are here!

#940: Toby Keith--“Dream Walkin’”

#939: Vern Gosdin--“Is it Raining at Your House”

#938: Rascal Flatts--“Stand”

#937: Diamond Rio--“Unbelievable”

#936: Jake Owen--“Alone With You”

#935: Asleep at the Wheel--“Take Me Back to Tulsa”

#934: Bellamy Brothers--“Redneck Girl”

#933: Brad Paisley--“I’m Still a Guy”

#932: Tracy Lawrence--“Sticks and Stones”

#931: Taylor Swift--“Mean”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/07/02/34712/

• Love 1

So apparently "The Wheels of Laredo" was just a promotional release that will not be pushed to radio. This song, "Hard Luck", which was released last Friday, appears to be the first official single, which means it IS getting pushed to radio. This one features Shooter Jennings and Brandi Carlile singing with Tanya. If (and I hate having to preface this with the word "if") this charts, this will mean she will have had a song of one form or another on the country charts in five separate decades.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:43 PM, UYI said:

The next ten entries are here!

#940: Toby Keith--“Dream Walkin’”

#939: Vern Gosdin--“Is it Raining at Your House”

#938: Rascal Flatts--“Stand”

#937: Diamond Rio--“Unbelievable”

#936: Jake Owen--“Alone With You”

#935: Asleep at the Wheel--“Take Me Back to Tulsa”

#934: Bellamy Brothers--“Redneck Girl”

#933: Brad Paisley--“I’m Still a Guy”

#932: Tracy Lawrence--“Sticks and Stones”

#931: Taylor Swift--“Mean”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/07/02/34712/

"Mean" is awful whining about how everybody is so mean to her.  I detest that song.  And it isn't country.

In terms of instrumentation, it's actually the most country song of her career. Hell, it's practically BLUEGRASS.

Anyway:

I can't remember if I posted this at the time or not, I don't think I did. But back in April, the wife of 90's country star Hal Ketchum posted this on Facebook:

He is, of course, best known for the eternal country jam "Small Town Saturday Night", which went to #2 on the country charts in 1991.

(edited)

The next ten songs from the Sirius list are here!

#930: Willie Nelson--“Last Thing I Needed First Thing This Morning”

#929: Keith Urban--“Kiss a Girl”

#928: Sawyer Brown--“Six Days On the Road”

#927: Bobby Bare--“Drop Kick Me Jesus”

#926: Dixie Chicks--“Ready to Run”

#925: Lady Antebellum--“Compass”

#924: Miranda Lambert & Carrie Underwood--“Somethin’ Bad”

#923: Wynonna--“Tell Me Why”

#922: Alan Jackson--“Country Boy”

#921: Charlie Walker--“Pick Me Up On Your Way Down”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/07/08/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-930-921/

Edited by UYI

The folks at Sirius XM listen to very different country music than I do.  This list is ... I don't even know.  It will be interesting to see if I side eye their top picks as much as I do these down in the 900s.

Two nights ago, Miranda Lambert released the lead single for her as yet to be announced seventh album. It's called "It's All Comes Out in the Wash."

She also released a promotional single, "Locomotive", which she first performed live at Nashville's CMA Fest in June. 

Her last album, The Weight of These Wings, was released in November of 2016 (although her band the Pistol Annies' third album, Interstate Gospel, came out in November of last year). I'm so excited to hear new music from her again! 🙂

(edited)

I didn't even know this song existed until a few nights ago. It went to #7 in 1987, and what a beautiful, inspiring song! Its singer, Judy Rodman, would later focus almost exclusively on songwriting, including a role as a co-writer on "One Way Ticket (Because I Can)", which is LeAnn Rimes' only country number one hit. What I love about this particular clip is that this is clearly an old record, so you can hear some static at the end. It should be noted that she did have one number one hit, "Until I Met You", the year before (it was the fourth single from her first album; this was the first single from her single). Also: Her record label, as seen in the lower left hand corner on the record cover here, was MTM--yes, THAT MTM; it was a part of the production company Mary Tyler Moore had started years before. The most successful artist on the label was the late Holly Dunn, who had a huge country hit with "Daddy's Hands". Judy Rodman had a third album set to be released by MTM, but the label wound up folding and aside from a few singles, the record never saw the light of day. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
(edited)

One thing I forgot to mention about "Girls Ride Horses Too" last night: one of its co-writers is Alice Randall, one of the rare black women in the Nashville country scene, and the first black woman to (co-) write a number one country song: Trisha Yearwood's "XXX's and OOO's (An American Girl)".

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

After a small hiatus, here are the next ten entries on the Sirius XM list:

#920: Oak Ridge Boys--“Trying to Love Two Women”

#919: Chris Cagle--“Laredo”

#918: Merle Haggard--“If We’re Not Back in Love By Monday”

#917: Jason Aldean--“Tonight Looks Good On You”

#916: George Strait--“Baby’s Gotten Good at Goodbye”

#915: Moe Bandy--“Bandy the Rodeo Clown”

#914: Brooks & Dunn with Reba McEntire--“Cowgirls Don’t Cry”

#913: Earl Thomas Conley--“Holding Her and Loving You”

#912: Kenny Chesney--“Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven”

#911: George Jones--“The Window Up Above”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/07/22/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-920-911/

6 minutes ago, UYI said:

#913: Earl Thomas Conley--“Holding Her and Loving You”

#911: George Jones--“The Window Up Above”

I agree with the Country Universe folks that "The Window Up Above" should be ranked higher, and, unlike them, I think "Holding Her and Loving You" should be as well.

I continue to be oddly fascinated by how awful this list is, especially now reading that Jason Aldean has 17 songs on it -- the same number as George Jones.   

Continuing on with our list:

#910: The Judds--“Love Can Build a Bridge”

#909: Carrie Underwood--“Jesus, Take the Wheel”

#908: Tom T. Hall--“Ravishing Ruby”

#907: Tim McGraw--“My Little Girl”

#906: Alabama--“Close Enough to Perfect”

#905: Toby Keith--“American Soldier”

#904: Emmylou Harris--“(You Never Can Tell) C’est La Vie”

#903: Darius Rucker--“History in the Making”

#902: Clay Walker--“Then What?”

#901: Jason Aldean--“Burnin’ it Down”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/07/25/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-910-901/

(edited)

Continuing on:

#900: Johnny Horton--“When It’s Springtime In Alaska (It’s 40 Below)”

#899: Joe Diffie--“John Deere Green”

#898: The Band Perry--“Done”

#897: Vern Gosdin--“If You’re Gonna Do Me Wrong (Do It Right)”

#896: Dierks Bentley--“How Am I Doin’”

#895: George Strait--"Easy Come, Easy Go"

#894: Tyler Farr--“Whiskey In My Water”

#893: Carrie Underwood with Randy Travis--“I Told You So”

#892: Willie Nelson--“Nothing I Can Do About It Now”

#891: Lady Antebellum--“Our Kind Of Love”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/07/31/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-900-891/

Edited by UYI

Ten more entries for y'all:

#890: Kenny Rogers & Kim Carnes--“Don’t Fall in Love With a Dreamer”

#889: Little Big Town--“Day Drinking”

#888: Mel Tillis--“I Got the Hoss”

#887: Tim McGraw--“Felt Good On My Lips”

#886: Travis Tritt & Marty Stuart--“The Whiskey Ain’t Workin’”

#885: Buck Owens--“Sam’s Place”

#884: Alan Jackson--“She’s Got the Rhythm (and I Got the Blues)”

#883: Florida Georgia Line--“Sippin’ On Fire”

#882: Alabama--“High Cotton”

#881: Lee Brice--“A Woman Like You”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/08/07/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-890-881/

Up next:

#880: Gene Watson--“Love in the Hot Afternoon”

#879: Eric Church--“Like Jesus Does”

#878: Dolly Parton & Vince Gill--“I Will Always Love You”

#877: Johnny Cash--“Guess Things Happen That Way”

#876: Little Big Town--“Little White Church”

#875: Willie Nelson & Julio Iglesias--“To All the Girls I’ve Loved Before”

#874: Keith Urban--“Days Go By”

#873: Ray Price--“Release Me”

#872: Faith Hill--“Mississippi Girl”

#871: Vince Gill--“When I Call Your Name”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/08/15/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-880-871/

Hello! 🙂 

I haven't posted here in about a week or so, but I wanted to share two stories related to women in country music here:

1. Miranda Lambert's seventh album, Wildcard, will be released on November 1st.

2. Carrie Underwood will return this year to host the CMAs in November, but instead of her longtime co-host Brad Paisley, she will have two very different co-hosts--Reba McEntire and Dolly Parton.

And of course, Tanya Tucker's new album is out TOMORROW! 😄 

Edited by UYI

A few days late on this, but here we go:

#870: Florida Georgia Line--"Stay"

#869: Marty Robbins--"Don't Worry"

#868: Alan Jackson--"Small Town Southern Man"

#867: Vern Gosdin--"Chiseled in Stone"

#866: Sara Evans--"Born to Fly"

#865: Brooks & Dunn--"My Next Broken Heart"

#864: Jason Aldean--"Crazy Town"

#863: Dixie Chicks--"You Were Mine"

#862: Don Williams--“(Turn Out the Light and) Love Me Tonight”

#861: Craig Morgan--"Bonfire"

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/08/26/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-870-861/

The women largely dominate these next ten entries on the list:

#860: Reba McEntire--“Whoever’s in New England”

#859: Taylor Swift--“Back to December”

#858: Loretta Lynn--“Blue Kentucky Girl”

#857: Chris Young--“The Man I Want to Be”

#856: Jo Dee Messina--“Stand Beside Me”

#855: Ray Price--“Under Your Spell Again”

#854: Carrie Underwood--“Cowboy Casanova” 

#853: Conway Twitty--“Fifteen Years Ago”

#852: Dwight Yoakam--“Little Ways”

#851: Justin Moore--“Small Town USA”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/09/02/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-860-851/

We continue on:

#850: Merle Haggard--“It’s Been a Great Afternoon”

#849: Cole Swindell--“Chillin’ It”

#848: Shelly West--“Jose Cuervo”

#847: Gretchen Wilson--“Here For the Party”

#846: Kris Kristofferson--“Lovin’ Her Was Easier (Than Anything I’ll Ever Do Again)”

#845: Alabama--“Feels So Right”

#844: Keith Urban--“Sweet Thing”

#843: Sammy Kershaw--“Love of My Life”

#842: Blake Shelton--“All About Tonight”

#841: Buck Owens--“Cryin’ Time”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/09/05/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-850-841/