Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Whitney posted this stupid bullshit wherein she calls herself a feminist and refers to her thighs as being "as thick and strong as California redwoods." The same thighs that couldn't hoist you 12 inches up into a pedicab? How delusional is this woman?

That whole essay was an abomination of bad metaphors & similes. Twit sez she wrote it in a journal several years ago. Word to the wise, Sweetie: learn to edit yourself before publishing drivel.

Of course, the Nit-Whits are beside themselves about how beautiful her words were. And, of course, how beautiful -- and inspirational -- Twit herself is.

I am amused that several of them always ask: "Have you lost some weight?" I guess they missed Twit's memo about not wanting to lose weight!

Also amusing: Twit has been posting photo after photo of herself in Torrid wear. She doesn't pretend any more that her frumpwear is something even she will put on her fat ass.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Whitney posted this stupid bullshit wherein she calls herself a feminist and refers to her thighs as being "as thick and strong as California redwoods." The same thighs that couldn't hoist you 12 inches up into a pedicab? How delusional is this woman?

Yep . . . and the same thighs that couldn't stop her from doing a split on skis.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Also amusing: Twit has been posting photo after photo of herself in Torrid wear. She doesn't pretend any more that her frumpwear is something even she will put on her fat ass.

I just assumed one of her new-found friends from the curvycon clued her into how she could make money and/or get free clothes if she was willing to post pictures of herself wearing them and name the brands/retailer. She does have a lot of followers, and it's an easy way to make money off her fan base.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ketzel said:

I just assumed one of her new-found friends from the curvycon clued her into how she could make money and/or get free clothes if she was willing to post pictures of herself wearing them and name the brands/retailer. She does have a lot of followers, and it's an easy way to make money off her fan base.

I bet you're right. She just started peddling a box of cosmetics that is mailed to subscribers monthly. Her pitch is pretty obviously being made in return for a freebie. Tit for tat. Quid pro quo. Shill for box.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, LivinLovinLife said:

My personal favorite was her armpit hair growing like dandelions reaching for the sun. Lordy!

Yeah seriously, by the time I got to that I asked out loud "what the FUCK am I READING?" Like, sorry, bitch, but I remember getting pit hair, and it surely wasn't "like dandelions reaching for the sun." I also have absolutely no idea what her point is with that weird poetry shit. "I was born a feminist, but (insert random getting-fat or puberty-related thing that is irrelevant to feminism)." I'm kind of sick of fat activists associating their "movement" with feminism. It is not feminist to place so much emphasis on wanting to be valued for your appearance. Not to mention belittling women who are thinner as "not real women."

11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Yep . . . and the same thighs that couldn't stop her from doing a split on skis.

Serious question: when she first felt herself going into that split, why didn't she just shift her weight sideways so she would fall over onto the snow? Does she lack the core strength to do even that simple a task? I mean, I've never been on skis, but it seems like that wouldn't be extremely difficult to do.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Serious question: when she first felt herself going into that split, why didn't she just shift her weight sideways so she would fall over onto the snow? Does she lack the core strength to do even that simple a task? I mean, I've never been on skis, but it seems like that wouldn't be extremely difficult to do.

Good question.  I'm 70, chubby, and have an artificial knee.  Obviously, you will NEVER find me on skis . . . but if I were in that situation, I'm thinking it would be better to shift sideways or even backwards - ANYTHING to avoid doing a split.  As you pointed out, those thighs like trees are not connected to a strong core.  Odd for a dancer, huh?

• Love 4
19 hours ago, LivinLovinLife said:

The thing that a lot of people, including Whitney, complain about is how long it takes to lose weight. Time will pass regardless if you make changes or not. If the journey is difficult it's worthwhile. You have to start somewhere

This! 

14 hours ago, thebigboot said:

As someone who lives in California and sees those glorious redwoods on a weekly basis, I am offended on behalf of those redwoods with that comparison.

What the fuck is wrong with her? Egomanical, demented twat waffle. "Thick and strong as a redwood?" I think of an Olympic sprinter rippled with muscles. Not a morbidly obese woman on CPAP who can't walk without being in pain or getting winded. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, thebigboot said:

As someone who lives in California and sees those glorious redwoods on a weekly basis, I am offended on behalf of those redwoods with that comparison.

Amen. Methinks Twit has never seen a redwood. Or a dandelion. Or, for that matter, armpit hair since Babs (and probably Boo Boo) shaves her.

• Love 6

Whitney Thore is as much a feminist as she is a dancer. That revolting combination of purple prose, hyperbole and unintentionally hilarious metaphors and similes is pure evidence (if any more is needed) that she sees herself as the ultimate victim, in a world that revolves entirely around her, and she will reach out with grabby hands in any direction she can find, or imagine, to get that vision of herself validated. 

Although I must say that there was one part of that ridiculous list that gave me pause. Towards the end of her outpouring, she said this;

"I was born a feminist, but I became fearful when the weight of a man's body pressed so hard against mine, I thought he was squeezing the life out of my chest, like water dripping from a rag. He wrung my body with his hands over and over, until I was sure the voice I'd used to say that one-syllable word would be dry and brittle and silent forever."

This sounds as though she is describing being raped.  And if this is the only way that she is able to share that particular trauma, then I would be deeply sorry for her, because that type of trauma can profoundly damage a person, and warp her development to a significant degree. It could explain a lot. And it would definitely affect my view of her current behavior. However, given Whit's tendency towards histrionics, towards appropriating others suffering as her own ( that horrifying fake pregnancy storyline of last season!)  I am unsure of whether or not to believe this. And you have no idea, Whitney, of how much it hurts me to express that doubt. I have never before doubted the sincerity of any woman confiding an experience of sexual molestation or assault.  If that is actually what the quoted paragraph is about, you have my sympathy and my regret that this happened to you.  But I cannot rid myself of that "if." :-(

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I have never before doubted the sincerity of any woman confiding an experience of sexual molestation or assault.  If that is actually what the quoted paragraph is about, you have my sympathy and my regret that this happened to you.  But I cannot rid myself of that "if." :-(

Twit has appropriated black culture. Gay culture. Korean culture. Fat acceptance. Why not appropriate rape as well?

Twit is the Boy Who Cried Wolf. She is such a fabulist, how can anyone be expected to believe anything she says?

For the record, I DON'T believe her. If she had ever been sexually assaulted, we'd have heard about it over & over. And she is so senshus, I doubt the word "no" is in her vocabulary.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Dot said:

Twit has appropriated black culture. Gay culture. Korean culture. Fat acceptance. Why not appropriate rape as well?

Twit is the Boy Who Cried Wolf. She is such a fabulist, how can anyone be expected to believe anything she says?

For the record, I DON'T believe her. If she had ever been sexually assaulted, we'd have heard about it over & over. And she is so senshus, I doubt the word "no" is in her vocabulary.

As sad as it makes me to do so, I have to agree with you Dot.  I hate the thought that anyone would lie about rape or sexual abuse, but (to quote Judge Milian from The People's Court), I wouldn't believe her if her tongue came notarized.

• Love 3

I wouldn't believe her if she said the sky was blue.  I'd have to walk outside and see for myself.  She's lied about eating healthy while we've seen her chowing down pasta covered with mayo and cheese, and pizza, and giant cookies.  We've seen her lie to her personal trainer about what and how much she eats.  We've seen her lie to everyone about how much she exercises.  And seen the fake relationships.  And fake dance contests.  And fake athletic contests.  We've seen her lie more than we've seen her tell the truth.  

She's earned the distrust.

• Love 8

Not only do I doubt that she has been sexually assaulted, but how about her own proclivity for sexual harrassment?

Forcing Jacob to roll around her bed with her. Demanding Todd "cuddle" her in the NYC hotel. Everything she did with Roy. Demanding Tal straddle & kiss her in the B roll film on the TLC website. Stalking Lennie at 3 a.m. ("You called me TEN times!?") Demanding that the film crew's audio guy call her "beautiful."

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit is the Boy Who Cried Wolf. She is such a fabulist, how can anyone be expected to believe anything she 

Very well put! She fakes EVERYTHING. I feel like nothing from her is legit. More accurate show title:

"My Big Fat Fakeulous Lie"

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Very well put! She fakes EVERYTHING. I feel like nothing from her is legit. More accurate show title:

"My Big Fat Fakeulous Lie"

Or My Big Fat Fabulist Life."

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

It is actually.  Your feet are held flat to the ground in the boots, with a slight bend in your ankles so that your knees are forced over your toes, and your feet and ankles are completely immobile, and the skis are kind of heavy, so doing everything that you think you could do is difficult.  You are just a big swaying body and it's like your shins are staked to the ground.  To fall over sideways, you would need to put both poles on one side and then use them like a lever on your left, while attempting to tilt the right sides of each foot into the ground.  Normal beginners who are falling like she was sit back, which takes you to a sitting on your bum position, with your butt right behind your feet and your knees pointing upward, like you would sit if you were going to wrap your arms around your shins, only her thighs and calves are too heavy for that, and you can't sit back any further because of the way the boots and skis have your feet trapped.  I hope I explained this well enough - and there you go!  probably the only time you will see me sticking up for Whit, so enjoy :)

• Love 3
On 10/17/2017 at 10:47 PM, LivinLovinLife said:

My personal favorite was her armpit hair growing like dandelions reaching for the sun. Lordy!

I just read it - you forgot that she "sliced her womanhood off at the stems" - bahahahahahahahahahahahaha!  First time I ever heard armpit hair referred to as "my womanhood"!  Heeheehee :). For the record, Whitney, when I was in first grade boys told me I had hairy legs, and when I went home and cried to my mom she got out her pink electric razor and shaved them.  Then it was over.  Not a big deal.  Holy cow.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I ski a lot but I'm not a good skier, if you know what I'm saying. So I fall a lot, in particular when I'm just chilling, not moving, on my skis. So I feel like I can say with some authority that I will never understand how she managed that particular fall. I think it's maybe because her legs don't bend? Because that should have ended up a knee land at best and a graceless crumple at worst. I...don't know how she managed it!

12 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Dandelions can make a nice salad.  Especially if you add tortilla chips and ranch dressing.  

And pasta, don't forget. 

I would actually believe that Whit has experienced sexual assault. Her weight, her lack of boundaries, and her inappropriate sexuality seem pretty textbook to me. YMMV, obviously.

• Love 4

"I am a feminist, but" update: I was curious what the comments were saying and I noticed every single compliment that her Nit-Whits posted had a "like," sure enough Whitney herself liked ALL THE COMPLIMENTS. That just...kind of reeks of desperation, since she doesn't usually "like" everything her idiot fans post. LOL at the people like "I'm a million years old and have read everything on Earth, and I have never read anything sooo beautiful and profound!" 

10 hours ago, Pachengala said:

I would actually believe that Whit has experienced sexual assault. Her weight, her lack of boundaries, and her inappropriate sexuality seem pretty textbook to me. YMMV, obviously.

I agree. Be careful, though, I've mentioned that possibility before and gotten chewed out by folks here. Not sure why it's so controversial to say that her behavior could indicate past sexual abuse, but there ya go.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, princelina said:

I just read it - you forgot that she "sliced her womanhood off at the stems" - bahahahahahahahahahahahaha!  First time I ever heard armpit hair referred to as "my womanhood"!  Heeheehee :). For the record, Whitney, when I was in first grade boys told me I had hairy legs, and when I went home and cried to my mom she got out her pink electric razor and shaved them.  Then it was over.  Not a big deal.  Holy cow.  

Maybe Twit just watched the Bob's Burgers episode "Mother Daughter Laser Razor" where Tina has her legs waxed and then regrets it.

Tina: I killed them. I killed them all.

Bob: Tina, what what's wrong?

Tina: I killed my friendly leg hairs.

Bob: Um oh. Well, they'll grow back.

Tina: It's not just that. I did it 'cause I was worried about what those girls would think of me. I'm a sheep! A hairless sheep!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, qqererer said:

I'd like to think that a person can have a shitty behaviour without having any sort of previous sexual abuse.  We hardly say that about males with abhorrent sexual behaviours, I can't see why it can't be the same with women.

Can't we just call Whitney a crummy person and not add to her already high list of excuses for her crummy behaviours?

The thing is that nobody here is saying that we KNOW Whitney was sexually abused. Obviously we don't. We're just saying we would *believe* it. As for men with abhorrent sexual behaviors, yes, they indicate past abuse as well, and I would definitely say so if I saw such things (but the lead of this show is not a man).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

The thing is that nobody here is saying that we KNOW Whitney was sexually abused. Obviously we don't. We're just saying we would *believe* it.

And that's what made that one paragraph in her otherwise absurd screed about feminism from birth stick out for me. 

This is the quote:

"I was born a feminist, but I became fearful when the weight of a man's body pressed so hard against mine, I thought he was squeezing the life out of my chest, like water dripping from a rag. He wrung my body with his hands over and over, until I was sure the voice I'd used to say that one-syllable word would be dry and brittle and silent forever."

To me, it had the ring of someone describing an assault. But I also know that Whitney is not above borrowing other people's experiences when she thinks they add to her drama. So I'm left unsure if she is describing being raped, or being painfully molested, or being groped, or being hugged uncomfortably hard.  All of those are unwanted experiences, but not all of them inflict the same damage. Or maybe it's just another awkward and overly dramatic metaphor, this time for a terrible massage she had..  But to me, there is something in there that suggests she was sexually harmed.

Which doesn't give her a pass on much of her behavior, but which might explain some of it, at least to me.

• Love 3

Okay, this is either scary or a gross manipulation. She's posted on her Instagram a depressed message with Logics 1-800-273-8255 (suicide prevention hotline) playing, "I don't want to be alive". If her parents see this I hope they get her help. She looks exhausted.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LivinLovinLife said:

Okay, this is either scary or a gross manipulation. She's posted on her Instagram a depressed message with Logics 1-800-273-8255 (suicide prevention hotline) playing, "I don't want to be alive". If her parents see this I hope they get her help. She looks exhausted.

Wasn’t up when I looked, but either way she needs help.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LivinLovinLife said:

I vote gross manipulation. Read her lengthy comment which follows the first "woe is me"  one.

Her Sept MBFFL FB page advice column includes a fan comment: "She laughs a lot but doesn't seem happy." I added a reply to that comment: "Anyone who takes 20 mg of Prozac daily is NOT happy."

Twit will never be "happy" until she faces the reality: quit lying to yourself & lose 200+ pounds.

BTW, I love the hypocrisy of her advice column in which she tells others how to be happy & confident.

I have no use for this woman whatsoever. Or sympathy either.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 5

AGREE! 

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like you all do NOT do Excuses. 

(My neighbor, Tom, was sexually abused as a child. He is AWESOME. vs serial killer).

Of course he is also not the Poster Child for GLUTTONY. SLOTH and FUCKWITTERY

• Love 1

I have a friend who asked on Facebook which anti-inflammatory medications are best for knee pain - Celebrex or something else.  I refrained from responding, "My orthopedist told me the best thing I could do for knee pain was to lose weight.  He was right."  She's Twit's size, but older.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, qqererer said:

I'd like to think that a person can have a shitty behaviour without having any sort of previous sexual abuse.  We hardly say that about males with abhorrent needy sexual behaviours, I can't see why it can't be the same with women.

Can't we just call Whitney a crummy person and not add to her already high list of excuses for her crummy behaviours?

I'm on record as thinking Whitney is an ass all on her own. I think she's truly an unkind, awful person, independent of her weight and/or upbringing. The reason I discussed sexual assault is because Whitney herself [possibly] brought it up. Since she discussed it, I figured  it was relevant and on-topic. I'm certainly not excusing her behavior because of it; as I said, I'll talk all day long about what a dick she is. 

Speaking of, that Instagram post is faaaaaaaaake fake fake. I'm willing to bet money that this is in promotion of the news season or a storyline thereof. She faked a pregnancy for this show; she'll damn sure fake suicidal thoughts. She's a cheap, venal person and nothing seems to be beneath her.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, qqererer said:

MY BIG FAT FABULOUS GASTRIC BYPASS is coming everyone!

LOVE THIS!

8 hours ago, qqererer said:

Just like Kelli Ann Drinkwater needing to sit in a chair just before her ted talk, it's all one big con.

Correction, @qqererer.  Drinkwater appeared at a TEDx event which any idiot can organize for any purpose. Neither Drinkwater nor Twit would be allowed anywhere near an actual TED event tho both always conveniently drop the X when they crow about their achievements.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, qqererer said:

Technically, you're correct, the background said TEDx, but it was posted to the TED website and TED youtube channel so technically it's TED approved, therefore a TED talk, which is further evidence that TED has stopped being a science based organization, but instead a feel good political pulpit.

Also, if you search "Kelly Jean Drinkwater"  at the TED site, she comes up as a TED speaker. If you search "Whitney Way Thore," you get the message "Sorry, we couldn't find anything quite like that." I wish there were a way for me to respond, "There ISN"T anything quite like that." :-)

Apparently TED still has some standards.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1

Twit's IG messages have really been the final straw for me, so I just left this comment at the TLC.com website:

"You need to rethink a 5th season of MBFFL in light ot Thore's IG & FB posts this week. No one is interested in a depressed, suicidal fatso. What happened to the original premise: an obese woman struggling to get her weight under control while continuing to affirm life? That was gone by season 2 & viewers were left with a delusional cry-baby who espouses a dangerous belief to her vulnerable followers. if you don't get sued by a grieving mom whose daughter died buying into Thore's hogwash, then you'll probably be sued when Thore sexually harrasses someone who doesn't think it's funny. And lose the advice column on your MBFFL FB page. No one who is a psychological mess should be giving advice to anyone else."

So there.

BTW, can someone explain why Twit sometimes posts to FB, sometimes to IG & sometimes the same post goes to both. What purpose does IG serve that FB doesn't?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, qqererer said:

However, that said, I love watching this freak show. If this is what you need to fuel yet another fake storyline, great.  TLC producers, please keep making this type of show. . . .Most of it goes over your demographic's heads.  Are you keeping it subtle so that both hate watchers AND drones watch it?  Because if so, you're doing a brilliant job in editing. . . .

And I gotta ask, did your mom really have a stroke?  Because if she did, it's a pretty shitty thing to do to turn it into a storyline where you take care of he

twit.jpg

That the editors are subtly appealing to both "drones" & "hate watchers" is a brilliant notion & one I have never considered before. We differ about keeping this piece of dreck on TV. But I do concede that I will miss snarking about MBFFL here when the show goes off the air.

Babs did have a stroke, but it was months & months before they filmed the fake one. So that whole story arc was, as usual, FAKE. And, yes, it was shitty to use that as a story line.

• Love 2

Having my first husband commit suicide, I'm probably more sensitive to a person who may be in distress. He too was prone to histrionics and wild mood swings. It isn't something to be toyed with. If this is a ratings grab, it's insidious. If she's truly in pain and doesn't seek help, it's tragic. Obviously her therapy isn't working for her. I don't see a good end for this, either way. I find it particularly disturbing. I imagine it's a similar response from women who had lost a child when her fake pregnancy was revealed.

Edited by LivinLovinLife
Typo
  • Love 3

I have very little sympathy for her, because whatever pain she has is totally self-inflicted by her weight and the eating disorder she refuses to acknowledge. If she lost weight, her knee would feel better, and maybe her outlook would be a little less bleak because she would feel more in control of her life. It's not that she's ignorant about this, she just doesn't want to, because she's such a narcissist. I know people with depression can't just "get up and go," but...I'm not so sure that she's really depressed.

• Love 3

All of sudden she pulls depression out of her asd? While posting words over her stupid ass face??? She is FRAUDULENT! What a disgusting creature. She was just in Hawaii, has her own tv show, a fan base, and now depression. GTFO. She disgusts me. Of course, it's all about her. Not the many actual people who have committed suicide. No, just her big ugly dumb face and that song and saying that she is in a rut. Go to HELL whitney. Straight to hell!

• Love 6

Wasn't this right after her free dance class with Todd in Charleston? I wonder if something happened that caused her mood to dive. I could see her getting really frustrated if she really did a number on her already fragile knee by trying to prove she can still "dance," only to prove that no, she really can't.

But, in response to your post, Whitney, here's where you start, if you don't want to waste today: (A) Fire your therapist and find someone who can be more effective in addressing your issues, and (B) Call Will up and beg him to take you back and promise him that this time you absolutely will faithfully and completely do everything he tells you to do to the best of your abilities.  It's not an excuse that your leg hurts. He's a very experienced trainer, he can work around that, and can also supervise a physical therapist's rehab program, if appropriate. I can confidently promise you that life will get a whole lot better for you if you get better counseling and start exercising and controlling your eating.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Wasn't this right after her free dance class with Todd in Charleston? I wonder if something happened that caused her mood to dive. I could see her getting really frustrated if she really did a number on her already fragile knee by trying to prove she can still "dance," only to prove that no, she really can't.

I came back to the forum to make this point & found that you made it for me!

I, too, think something occurred at the pop-up BGDC that made her complain a couple of days later that her knee hurts and she is tired & in a rut.

I hadn't thought about the possibility you mention: she has discovered she can no longer dance. I was thinking more in line with her narcissism, that she maybe hired a huge venue & few came to worship her.

Edited by Dot
correct typo
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, qqererer said:

Standard NDA applies.

Bummer, I would have loved to hear about how many breaks were required.

Also, I am totally going to hell, but every time there's a comment on a pic that says "Whitney u look so much like ur mom" I think "She looks like her mom ATE her mom. And her dad."

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

But, in response to your post, Whitney, here's where you start, if you don't want to waste today: (A) Fire your therapist and find someone who can be more effective in addressing your issues, and (B) Call Will up and beg him to take you back and promise him that this time you absolutely will faithfully and completely do everything he tells you to do to the best of your abilities.  It's not an excuse that your leg hurts. He's a very experienced trainer, he can work around that, and can also supervise a physical therapist's rehab program, if appropriate. I can confidently promise you that life will get a whole lot better for you if you get better counseling and start exercising and controlling your eating.

How many times has she broken her promises to Will? This is his livelihood, it can't be great for his business to have her as an example. She requires so much handholding.

• Love 1