Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Dot said:

What's a "metcon"?

Metcon is short for Metabolic Conditioning. It's just a workout style.

Dear god woman, cover yourself. I have worked at many gyms and there is a dress code of sorts. Of course those were big box corporate gyms, not locally owned.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Dot said:

I must admit I am impressed by her rope jumping. A year ago, in HI, she would not have been able to lift her feet high enuf for a rope to pass under. She is definitely more fit than she was a year ago. Unfortunately, that has given her a false sense that she is healthy enuf with the gym routines, so she is ignoring her need to lose a couple hundred #s by changing her relationship with food.

Glenn, OTOH, looks less well every time we see him.

What's a "metcon"?

I agree about the jump roping. She is in better shape than she was in Hawaii. And if she would put some clothes on when she works out instead of jumping around half naked I would probably be more inclined to comment on her progress 😀😀

• Love 4
7 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree about the jump roping. She is in better shape than she was in Hawaii. And if she would put some clothes on when she works out instead of jumping around half naked I would probably be more inclined to comment on her progress 😀😀

Yeah, but if she's going to jump rope, she really needs a much more supportive sports bra. All that flopping has got to be fricking painful.

• Love 4

So her profile has a blurb answering a question about her having a child. She says if she was married or in a relationship of marriage material she would love to either have a baby or adopt. So I  guess she no longer plans to have a baby (or adopt) with her life partner. 

• Love 3

"A relationship of marriage material".  I wonder what she means by that.   Out of wedlock?  So why not with someone who doesn't really want to fuck her because he's not into women.  I'll bet it was Tal who said no and now she's rationalizing.  Maybe TLC thought Tal was going along with it and that is why they renewed, and why we're seeing glimpses of only stupid boring stuff for the upcoming season.

Wait wait wait. I’m still stuck on the shirtless video. What reason, however flimsy, did she give for taking off her shirt? I can’t imagine a situation where that would ever feel like the thing to do; I mean, it seems audacious even for Whitney. I’m so baffled! That’s a really weird thing to do, right? I know she’s a needy attention hound but this seems extreme even so.

(Oh, @TurtlePower, I’m in Oregon. My dad’s cousin was a police officer and he said weed use was basically decriminalized for years before legalization—he said they never even cited, much less arrested for recreational use—and that it was an off-the-record relief for them when it went legal.)

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Wait wait wait. I’m still stuck on the shirtless video. What reason, however flimsy, did she give for taking off her shirt? I can’t imagine a situation where that would ever feel like the thing to do; I mean, it seems audacious even for Whitney. I’m so baffled! That’s a really weird thing to do, right? I know she’s a needy attention hound but this seems extreme even so.

I think it's because she's long since blown past attention hound and is now in the far reaches of exhibitionism.

I didn't see that part of the video - I watched the first five minutes or so, and then turned it off, not sure who I was more annoyed with, Whitney or myself, for the time wasted. But hearing the description of her behavior later in the vid, it occurred to me that I had seen her exercising in what might be described as a lace bra, in one of her work out videos with Ryan. If that's what she was wearing under her shirt on Thanksgiving, then maybe she just thought she was having a Brandi Chastain moment.  Of course, Brandi Chastain yanked off her team shirt and waved it after winning the World Cup in women's soccer, and she was wearing a high-coverage sports bra underneath that wouldn't have caused anyone in the US to blink if she went grocery shopping in it. I have no idea why Whitney would do it. Woo-hoo! I'm with two guys!?  In fact, at several points in the video with Ryan, the lace bra top mysteriously turns into a gray tank, which makes me wonder if at some point, Ryan had suggested she cover up a bit. After all, he posts these videos too, and the moment when she flops down on her stomach and her breasts come surging dangerously forward might have been a bit too much for him?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

I think it's because she's long since blown past attention hound and is now in the far reaches of exhibitionism.

I didn't see that part of the video - I watched the first five minutes or so, and then turned it off, not sure who I was more annoyed with, Whitney or myself, for the time wasted. But hearing the description of her behavior later in the vid, it occurred to me that I had seen her exercising in what might be described as a lace bra, in one of her work out videos with Ryan. If that's what she was wearing under her shirt on Thanksgiving, then maybe she just thought she was having a Brandi Chastain moment.  Of course, Brandi Chastain yanked off her team shirt and waved it after winning the World Cup in women's soccer, and she was wearing a high-coverage sports bra underneath that wouldn't have caused anyone in the US to blink if she went grocery shopping in it. I have no idea why Whitney would do it. Woo-hoo! I'm with two guys!?  In fact, at several points in the video with Ryan, the lace bra top mysteriously turns into a gray tank, which makes me wonder if at some point, Ryan had suggested she cover up a bit. After all, he posts these videos too, and the moment when she flops down on her stomach and her breasts come surging dangerously forward might have been a bit too much for him?

I only watched a few minutes of the video,and it’s weird to rip your shirt off during Thanksgiving dinner, but I thought it was even weirder that she was taking her shirt off in front of the other guy on the first day she was meeting him.     

• Love 4
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

So her profile has a blurb answering a question about her having a child. She says if she was married or in a relationship of marriage material she would love to either have a baby or adopt. So I  guess she no longer plans to have a baby (or adopt) with her life partner. 

2 hours ago, Brooks said:

"A relationship of marriage material".  I wonder what she means by that.   Out of wedlock?  So why not with someone who doesn't really want to fuck her because he's not into women.  I'll bet it was Tal who said no and now she's rationalizing.  Maybe TLC thought Tal was going along with it and that is why they renewed, and why we're seeing glimpses of only stupid boring stuff for the upcoming season.

Well, I’m glad Whitney’s not trying to drag a child into this mess.  I actually hope Whitney puts on a lot of her antics for TV or SM, but if how she acts is an indication of her real self then she has a lot to work on before she should have a child, and I’m not just talking about her weight.  A ton of people, who shouldn’t have children do. It’s one thing to screw up your own life, it’s another to bring a child into your chaos.  I’m may be in the minority, but I don’t think Whitney is a truly horrible person, but I do think she has a long way to go in maturity and dealing with her emotional and physical issues before becoming a parent.  Like I said, I only can judge from her TV/SM behavior, which may be amped up or false altogether, but nothing shown says she’s she should have a kid in this moment.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Wait wait wait. I’m still stuck on the shirtless video. What reason, however flimsy, did she give for taking off her shirt?

2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I didn't see that part of the video - I watched the first five minutes or so, and then turned it off, not sure who I was more annoyed with, Whitney or myself, for the time wasted. But hearing the description of her behavior later in the vid, it occurred to me that I had seen her exercising in what might be described as a lace bra, in one of her work out videos with Ryan. 

The video was of 3 drunks, remember, so it was not always easy to follow either the dialogue or the camera which was sometimes swinging around wildly. All I recall is that shortly after Nicole Stamberger's appearance there Twit was, in her bra. No reason given. Since she was seen in at least 2 different shirts before this, I guess it was just another wardrobe change.

My surmise: she was hot (in a temperature way, not in an attractive way). We often see her in less clothing than ppl around her. For example, the video of Twit, Tal & Heather driving to FL. Twit is in her sports bra (or maybe a tank top), Tal is in a shirt & Heather is in the back seat, as far away from the A/C as possible, wearing a sweatshirt hoodie up & wrapped in a blanket.

@Ketzel, I zoomed in on the exercise video bra & I'm pretty sure it was not the TG one, which was all lace & very see-thru. So much so, in fact, that Twit seemed to realize it was inappropriate to be showing so much of herself to her fans & she kept telling Ryan to keep the camera solely on her face when he swung the camera her way. 

Twit had no sense of impropriety, however, with Cam who she never met before TG. She started talking nonstop to him, while seated practically on top of him -- as she does with men -- on the couch.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Dot said:

@Ketzel, I zoomed in on the exercise video bra & I'm pretty sure it was not the TG one, which was all lace & very see-thru. So much so, in fact, that Twit seemed to realize it was inappropriate to be showing so much of herself to her fans & she kept telling Ryan to keep the camera solely on her face when he swung the camera her way. 

Twit had no sense of impropriety, however, with Cam who she never met before TG.

Thanks, Dot. I guess I shouldn't bother trying to make sense out of Whitney's behavior when a man of any orientation is willing to spend time with her. When she goes into that hyper-sexual mode, all bets are off. As are shirts, company manners, the screw=off tops of cheap wine bottles . . .. .

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

When she goes into that hyper-sexual mode, all bets are off. As are shirts, company manners, the screw=off tops of cheap wine bottles . . .. .

😁😁😁😁😁

Does anyone think she that when she finally sobered up she decided to distance herself from the Thanksgiving live feed by posting Instagrams of the cruise and resuming her exercise regimen?

Although why she posted herself vomiting in the gym and commenting on it is a real head shaker.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Emma C said:

Not sure if Buddy's drink is alcohol, (I have no desire to watch) but even if it isn't, it can't be good for him to be around people that are drinking a lot.  I know they're on a cruise but you think Twit might be a little sensitive to that.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Not sure if Buddy's drink is alcohol, (I have no desire to watch) but even if it isn't, it can't be good for him to be around people that are drinking a lot.  I know they're on a cruise but you think Twit might be a little sensitive to that.

I outgrew this behavior at 30.

• Love 1

In her usual annoying, cryptic way, Twit is showing a car with a crumpled front fender in an IG profile story, only saying something about cars not being good for Thores lately.

Twit's fans are wising up, tho. Now they go to Heather's IG page for a translation, viz., it is Hunter's car & he's OK.

34 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Buddy’s did not have alcohol, but yes it’s probably tempting to be around people who are drinking.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Buddy’s did not have alcohol, but yes it’s probably tempting to be around people who are drinking.

Maybe. It depends on the person. I have a friend who has been sober 4 years, and she couldn't care less about being around it. I'm more worried about Buddy being around toxic, immature morons.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Emma C said:

Maybe. It depends on the person. I have a friend who has been sober 4 years, and she couldn't care less about being around it. I'm more worried about Buddy being around toxic, immature morons.

I agree, may not be tempting for some, but would include Buddy in the immature morons bunch

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I agree, may not be tempting for some, but would include Buddy in the immature morons bunch

Especially true, now that he owns a penis flute. He has a video on his IG page of him waving it the face of an elderly man who keeps batting it away.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Dot said:

Especially true, now that he owns a penis flute. He has a video on his IG page of him waving it the face of an elderly man who keeps batting it away.

WHAT??? Is there anyone on that show with a sense of boundaries?  

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Dot said:

Here's the video, @Irate Panda, so you tell me.

I just don’t understand any of this.  Don’t get me wrong, I am a goofball a good percentage of the time, but I don’t understand ripping your clothes off in front of strangers or shoving penis flutes in friends/family members faces.  I mean these people are not teens where I’d say the brain hasn’t fully formed yet.  These are grown adults, acting like this is completely normal behavior and then post it on the internet.  I don’t know who the older guy is, but could you imagine if he was somebody you knew? Hey Bob, how was your Thanksgiving?  Well, besides having that penis flute shoved in your face.  Does this guy know he’s online at all? It’s like they have this weird sexual acting out/shock value/exhibitionist trait, I guess this explains why Whitney and Buddy are friends.  It’s so very odd imo.

ETA:  Poor Bob was already traumatized from Whitney ripping her shirt off at Thanksgiving. *Bow Chicka Wow Wow*    I really need to think of another generic name to use in my examples.  Poor Bob has been through enough this Thanksgiving.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I just don’t understand any of this.  Don’t get me wrong, I am a goofball a good percentage of the time, but I don’t understand ripping your clothes off in front of strangers or shoving penis flutes in friends/family members faces.  I mean these people are not teens where I’d say the brain hasn’t fully formed yet.  These are grown adults, acting like this is completely normal behavior and then post it on the internet.  I don’t know who the older guy is, but could you imagine if he was somebody you knew? Hey Bob, how was your Thanksgiving?  Well, besides having that penis flute shoved in your face.  Does this guy know he’s online at all? It’s like they have this weird sexual acting out/shock value/exhibitionist trait, I guess this explains why Whitney and Buddy are friends.  It’s so very odd imo.

ETA:  Poor Bob was already traumatized from Whitney ripping her shirt off at Thanksgiving. *Bow Chicka Wow Wow*    I really need to think of another generic name to use in my examples.  Poor Bob has been through enough this Thanksgiving.

The oddest thing to me, @Irate Panda, is how much MBFFL fans love this kind of behavior from Twit & Gang. Rarely does one of them point out how disgusting or immature or down right antisocial these internet photos & videos are & how inappropriate it is to post them for all the world to see. I doubt that many of them would allow such behavior from their own family or friends. Yet Twit et al are lauded as funny, inspiring, authentic, etc. It's a mystery to me, just as it's a mystery to me why TLC keeps presenting MBFFL year after year.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Dot said:

Rarely does one of them point out how disgusting or immature or down right antisocial these internet photos & videos are & how inappropriate it is to post them for all the world to see

If they disagree with her on IG she will just delete their comments and block them. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have met that fate.

• Love 2

Somebody is at least whispering in Whitney’s ear occasionally about appropriateness because the drunk video and the butt rubbing video with Ryan were both deleted. I don’t think Whitney suddenly decided they were inappropriate. Someone had to say something to her. Unfortunately there is so much she does that is inappropriate whoever it is can’t get her to take everything down that shouldn’t be there. Of course even if she didn’t post this stuff she still did it which is bad too. She’s 34 years old. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Does anyone think she that when she finally sobered up she decided to distance herself from the Thanksgiving live feed by posting Instagrams of the cruise and resuming her exercise regimen?

Although why she posted herself vomiting in the gym and commenting on it is a real head shaker.

I really wish she would post more videos like that, I mean even though the workout videos aren’t the greatest, I’m glad she’s getting more active and I wish she showed the cruise videos of maybe her and the dance classes (if there were any).  I’d even settle for the family dance-off one (not the twerkin’ one).  I guess I’m really wrong on the demographics of the show or her audience in general.

26 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

What exactly is a ‘sensible road trip’. Whatever that is, Whitney and Hunter are going on one. 

Maybe one where she wears a swim suit instead of her underwear when they stop somewhere for a swim?

ETA: I just saw the IG profile where she's in the car with Hunter. It's 42 degrees, tanktop-wearing weather, according to Twit, sitting next to her bro who's wearing gloves, a leather jacket & a knit cap. But while the heater will be on, the sun roof & all windows will be open. (Otherwise, I guess, it would be sports bra weather.)

Edited by Dot
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Maybe one where she wears a swim suit instead of her underwear when they stop somewhere for a swim?

That does sound sensible... and not at all like Whitney 

ETA- and in response to Whitney’s tank top while her brother is all bundled up.... I’m sure Hunter is willing to suffer being cold if it means keeping Whit from sweating. Can you imagine the stench closed up in a car with the heater on baking all the BO coming off that woman?

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 3

Somebody is at least whispering in Whitney’s ear occasionally about appropriateness because the drunk video and the butt rubbing video with Ryan were both deleted.

My money is on Ryan. Although he filmed it he probably thought it was for private consumption. To have it widely disseminated would surely hurt his business, especially since his workouts are internet based.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, cherenkov said:

If they disagree with her on IG she will just delete their comments and block them. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have met that fate.

And accuse them of being fatphobic fat shamers who hate fat people.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

My money is on Ryan. Although he filmed it he probably thought it was for private consumption. To have it widely disseminated would surely hurt his business, especially since his workouts are internet based.

This makes sense. It would also explain why those two videos are gone but some of the other horrible ones that don’t include Ryan are still there. 

19 hours ago, Dot said:

The video was of 3 drunks, remember, so it was not always easy to follow either the dialogue or the camera which was sometimes swinging around wildly. All I recall is that shortly after Nicole Stamberger's appearance there Twit was, in her bra. No reason given. Since she was seen in at least 2 different shirts before this, I guess it was just another wardrobe change.

My surmise: she was hot (in a temperature way, not in an attractive way). We often see her in less clothing than ppl around her. For example, the video of Twit, Tal & Heather driving to FL. Twit is in her sports bra (or maybe a tank top), Tal is in a shirt & Heather is in the back seat, as far away from the A/C as possible, wearing a sweatshirt hoodie up & wrapped in a blanket.

Twit had no sense of impropriety, however, with Cam who she never met before TG. She started talking nonstop to him, while seated practically on top of him -- as she does with men -- on the couch.

Shes probably just given up. She's under all that fat so she overheats, and is getting to that middle age where you dont care what people think and go out looking like a slob.

• Love 1

Twit's in our national capital today with no explanation as to why which a normal person would provide. Instead, it's another long plug for her new BFF's internet exercise routine.

I'm no expert, but she seems to perform better when Jessica is NOT training her.

Twit's response to a comment from someone named honkeydong69: "all three of those are awesome."

• Love 2
17 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Somebody is at least whispering in Whitney’s ear occasionally about appropriateness because the drunk video and the butt rubbing video with Ryan were both deleted. I don’t think Whitney suddenly decided they were inappropriate. Someone had to say something to her. Unfortunately there is so much she does that is inappropriate whoever it is can’t get her to take everything down that shouldn’t be there. Of course even if she didn’t post this stuff she still did it which is bad too. She’s 34 years old. 

I don't want to attach a specific age to "growing up" and behaving in a more normal manner, but grow up, Whitney.  No one will want to hire her for anything "real" if she keeps this up. Also, willing to bet if she cut out the wine guzzling, she might retain enough good judgement to not do that kind of shit. It's not attractive on anyone--look what happened with Anna Nicole Smith; she lost a contract by being drunk/obnoxious in public (and sadly her addiction took her life). It is an embarrassment to a business and no one--not even an actual celebrity--is immune. 

Whitney should stick to the workout videos and stuff that's more positive/professional, or she's only going to be left with sycophants once the show ends. Pretty sure they won't pay the bills. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3

I think this is the best workout I’ve seen by Whitney, good for her. Few questions for the SM experts: Did Whitney ever post how she met the trainer guy?   Is he her actual trainer on the road/Internet or just a friend who happens to be a trainer? Also, does anyone remember if Whitney ever posted how long it took her to lost her 100lbs the first time around?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I think this is the best workout I’ve seen by Whitney, good for her. Few questions for the SM experts: Did Whitney ever post how she met the trainer guy?   Is he her actual trainer on the road/Internet or just a fried who happens to be a trainer? Also, does anyone remember if Whitney ever posted how long it took her to lost her 100lbs the first time around?

Ryan just kinda appeared one day in Twit's SM pages. Every time a fan refers to him as Twit's trainer, she quickly states that she has only 2 trainers, Will & Jessica Powell.

There is info about the 100-# wgt loss, mostly in terms of how neurotic she was while losing. I think it's in her book -- @Ketzel?

7 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I don't get the picture of Ryan as more aware of impropriety than Twit is. (I watched a good portion of the 90-minute TG video.)

• Love 1

I'm looking at Whitney's current instagram profile story, where she smugly brags about how she can wear a tank top in 42F weather, while her wussy brother has to wear a coat and gloves. It doesn't seem to occur to her that she's wearing around 200 lbs of insulation under that tank top.

7 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Also, does anyone remember if Whitney ever posted how long it took her to lost her 100lbs the first time around?

She began her workouts with Will on January 17, 2011 and lost the 100 lbs. by "mid-November."  -The Word According To Whitney

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Dot said:

Ryan just kinda appeared one day in Twit's SM pages. Every time a fan refers to him as Twit's trainer, she quickly states that she has only 2 trainers, Will & Jessica Powell.

There is info about the 100-# wgt loss, mostly in terms of how neurotic she was while losing. I think it's in her book -- @Ketzel?

I don't get the picture of Ryan as more aware of impropriety than Twit is. (I watched a good portion of the 90-minute TG video.)

I don’t know that he’s any more aware of impropriety to prevent him from doing it but I suspect because two of his videos have disappeared after she posted them (which she doesn’t have a history of doing) he is conscious enough of how it looks not to want it on the Internet. It’s possible someone else prompted those removals but since they both included Ryan and other vulgar posts have stayed, I tend to agree with the poster who said that was Ryan’s request. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

She began her workouts with Will on January 17, 2011 and lost the 100 lbs. by "mid-November."  -The Word According To Whitney

Which explains why she has a shirt saying something like "Beast since January."

And speaking of shirt slogans: today's is "Kick Ass." Last week it was "Bad Ass." Methinks Twit has a fixation on her nether part. Maybe that explains the need to wag it so often.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t know that he’s any more aware of impropriety to prevent him from doing it but I suspect because two of his videos have disappeared after she posted them (which she doesn’t have a history of doing) he is conscious enough of how it looks not to want it on the Internet. It’s possible someone else prompted those removals but since they both included Ryan and other vulgar posts have stayed, I tend to agree with the poster who said that was Ryan’s request. 

Actually, I've noticed that most of Twit's live feeds disappear pretty fast. I really doubt that Ryan -- or anyone else -- has anything to do with any of the deletions.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Dot said:

Which explains why she has a shirt saying something like "Beast since January."

And speaking of shirt slogans: today's is "Kick Ass." Last week it was "Bad Ass." Methinks Twit has a fixation on her nether part. Maybe that explains the need to wag it so often.

Maybe the next one will read "Jack Ass"!

• Love 12

Agree that that was Whitney's best workout yet. I still hate her pushups. I saw upthread a few folks were wondering why she picked up her hands at the bottom, that's actually a real thing called a hand-release pushup that is meant to force a full range of motion. I like them. But Whitney tends to "roll" her body into and out of those pushups (instead of, ya know, pushing up) so they aren't very effective.

• Love 3