Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

On 8/24/2018 at 9:32 PM, Dot said:

On IG Twit is pitching her appearance in NYC in early Oct at something called the No Barriers Summit. I went to the website to see what it is. Everything is couched in very PC terminology, but I got the picture that the organization encourages disabled folk to reach for their full potential.

This is the tweet I just sent to No Barriers:

"You have invited Whitney Way Thore to 'speak and teach dance' at your summit. I don't know who misled you, but she is a fraud who espouses a dangerous philosophy that ppl can ignore their doctors, weigh 400 lbs. & still be healthy. Her 'obstacle' is pure fiction."

P.S. Hi, @ClareWalks! As a trainer you should look back thru a couple months' worth of forum comments about Twit's IG videos of her fabulous gym routines, many with Daddy.

Did you get a response from the event organizers?

27 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I have no words. No Whitney. No one else wakes up to a narcissistic naked dance party 

Hey guys! Longtime reader, first time poster:) started watching the show because I genuinely thought it would be an awesome fitness journey to see unfold. Only to watch it totally devolve into something else?I'm pretty convinced a lot of her SM is purely aimed at her "haters" and thus the dance party is a combination of "Eff you! I'm in Alaska now! I'm special!" as well as her flagrant exhibitionism. It's like, no Whitney. Most people in their mid-thirties do not wake up to naked dance parties they chronicle for SM. I have a son to raise, college classes to teach, etc. Whitney has none of this, no real outlets or stimulation on a daily basis without cameras, so she creates it. In a typically juvenile way. Rather than doing the hard work of getting herself in the shape to live a normal, healthy life, employment, explore relationships etc.

• Love 24
39 minutes ago, LauraLiz said:

Most people in their mid-thirties do not wake up to naked dance parties they chronicle for SM.

Anyone trying that hard on social media to convince people they've got a great life does not. I mean I'm hoping to celebrate a successful team finish of Ragnar Trail with a naked run but you can bet your ass it will not be on Instagram.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LauraLiz said:

Hey guys! Longtime reader, first time poster:) started watching the show because I genuinely thought it would be an awesome fitness journey to see unfold. Only to watch it totally devolve into something else?I'm pretty convinced a lot of her SM is purely aimed at her "haters" and thus the dance party is a combination of "Eff you! I'm in Alaska now! I'm special!" as well as her flagrant exhibitionism. It's like, no Whitney. Most people in their mid-thirties do not wake up to naked dance parties they chronicle for SM. I have a son to raise, college classes to teach, etc. Whitney has none of this, no real outlets or stimulation on a daily basis without cameras, so she creates it. In a typically juvenile way. Rather than doing the hard work of getting herself in the shape to live a normal, healthy life, employment, explore relationships etc.

Looks to me like you're going to fit in well here.  Welcome!

• Love 8

But Whitney seems very hysterical lately. Kinda frantic, trying really really hard. Guess shes having a hard couple of month. Theyre filming after all, so she probably going through some drama. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, treetop said:

But Whitney seems very hysterical lately. Kinda frantic, trying really really hard. Guess shes having a hard couple of month. Theyre filming after all, so she probably going through some drama. 

Agreed. It's a bit maniacal and very forced.

She might have been dumped again. Or cancelled after this season. Shes trying to convince everyone shes totally happy, which means theres something unfortunate going on.

• Love 9

I saw a post from a bit ago on her IG. She's being filmed climbing a rock wall at a gym, and she is maybe 2 feet off the ground in the photo. Let's start taking bets on how much farther up the wall she can get. I'm guessing 2'4".

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I saw a post from a bit ago on her IG. She's being filmed climbing a rock wall at a gym, and she is maybe 2 feet off the ground in the photo. Let's start taking bets on how much farther up the wall she can get. I'm guessing 2'4".

That's been discussed upthread.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

This one?  She always looks like she's trying so hard to convince us she's having the absolute best time ever!  

Nope,  that's the vid you see in her regular collection of photos. The other one is reached by tapping her IG photo in the small circle at the top of the page. Not much dif except the song & a shot of the interior of the lodge where they are staying.

Also, @Colleenna, I didn't get a response from No Barriers & didn't expect one.

She pretends she is waking up with Tal and they are having a naked dance party

I don't think I've ever had a naked dance party and if I ever do, the last thing on my mind is going to be "hey let me grab my phone and video this for my social media..."

Poor Tal. I wonder how much the Devil paid for his soul?

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think I've ever had a naked dance party and if I ever do, the last thing on my mind is going to be "hey let me grab my phone and video this for my social media..."

And it's really, really pretense since she videotapes herself & Tal about 8 minutes earlier in the other tape which is under her encircled head photo.

• Love 3

For anyone unfamiliar with this relatively new feature of instagram:

Instagram launched "stories," a new feature adapted from Snapchat and sincerely gave the credit to Snapchat. It started rolling out globally and should be on all IOS and Android devices in few weeks.

Though Instagram stories are similar to Snapchat, it is different in the way we experience it. It is better.

Here is what you need to know about Instagram Stories!

You can share photos and videos as a story.

They will disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in the feed.

As you keep adding photos and videos they appear as a slideshow – hence, you can build a story.

You can doodle on the photos and videos making the story more creative.:
Once you created a story, a colorful ring appears around your profile pic indicating that a new story is created.

Often Whitney will have a "story" posted, and a video or picture posted of the same event that are slightly different. The videos and pictures are there until she decides to delete them, while the story will automatically disappear after 24 hours on display.  For example, while now there is only one picture posted of Whitney bravely attempting the climbing wall (cough), one of the now disappeared stories from Whitney showed her being hoisted, yammering,a little past her comfort zone on the same rock climbing wall. Whereupon she screeched she was done and dropped off the wall. At that point she wasn't as high as I go when I climb my step ladder to reach the good glasses on the third shelf of the kitchen cabinet. 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Often Whitney will have a "story" posted, and a video or picture posted of the same event that are slightly different. The videos and pictures are there until she decides to delete them, while the story will automatically disappear after 24 hours on display.  For example, while now there is only one picture posted of Whitney bravely attempting the climbing wall (cough), one of the now disappeared stories from Whitney showed her being hoisted, yammering,a little past her comfort zone on the same rock climbing wall. Whereupon she screeched she was done and dropped off the wall. At that point she wasn't as high as I go when I climb my step ladder to reach the good glasses on the third shelf of the kitchen cabinet. 

Thanks for this info, @Ketzel. I have been wondering what was going on. And I never noticed a colored ring around her photo; I've just gotten into the habit of checking it out after seeing the rock wall climbing video.

ETA: Is Snapchat also now owned by Facebook?

Edited by Dot
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

How is it a naked dance party? Tal certainly wasn't naked, and it looks to me as if she has a towel or something around herself. (OK, it's not a towel because they don't make towels that big.) And how is that dancing? 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Ketzel said:

So spot on describing her! Yammering, screeching. More of the same in the upcoming season--Whitney unable to finish what she starts and failing at everything. But, her life is fabulous. 

16 hours ago, LauraLiz said:

Welcome! I thought the same thing about her when the show first aired. Then it went tits up and into the circus it is now, and Whitney is the clown. She is a sad and pathetic creature--I'd have empathy for her if she wasn't so mean, childish, pushy, obnoxious and intolerant. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

So spot on describing her! Yammering, screeching. More of the same in the upcoming season--Whitney unable to finish what she starts and failing at everything. But, her life is fabulous. 

Welcome! I thought the same thing about her when the show first aired. Then it went tits up and into the circus it is now, and Whitney is the clown. She is a sad and pathetic creature--I'd have empathy for her if she wasn't so mean, childish, pushy, obnoxious and intolerant. 

She would need a much better bra before her tits would approach anything resembling ‘up’. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Dot said:

Is Snapchat also now owned by Facebook?

No. Facebook tried to buy Snapchat a few years ago and failed. So Mark Zuckerberg bought instagram, and has been using it to destroy Snapchat, apparently with some success.

11 hours ago, Colleenna said:

How is it a naked dance party? Tal certainly wasn't naked, and it looks to me as if she has a towel or something around herself. (OK, it's not a towel because they don't make towels that big.) And how is that dancing? 

In the now-expired instagram story, Whitney was shooting herself from cleavage up, and certainly was doing her best to give the impression she was naked. She was singing along to something and then Tal came crowding into the picture to join her and they were singing together and rocking back and forth.  Whitney was shaking her shoulders, keeping the camera up, but it was obvious that Tal was wearing shorts, or underpants and a t shirt. I'm guessing this was the naked dance party she refers to in her post. Like everything Whitney "does," exaggerated at best, and total bullshit at worst.

Edited by Ketzel
The story was still up when I checked, but probably not for much longer.
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

No. Facebook tried to buy Snapchat a few years ago and failed. So Mark Zuckerberg bought instagram, and has been using it to destroy Snapchat, apparently with some success.

In the now-expired instagram story, Whitney was shooting herself from cleavage up, and certainly was doing her best to give the impression she was naked. She was singing along to something and then Tal came crowding into the picture to join her and they were singing together and rocking back and forth.  Whitney was shaking her shoulders, keeping the camera up, but it was obvious that Tal was wearing shorts, or underpants and a t shirt. I'm guessing this was the naked dance party she refers to in her post. Like everything Whitney "does," exaggerated at best, and total bullshit at worst.

Yeah, that's the one I saw. There's definitely something covering her boobular area from the nips down. There's only a glimpse of it.... kinda brownish mauve, stretched across the area in a straight line. 

• Love 1

I guess I just don't understand the need to broadcast to the world who's in my bed, naked dancing or not.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I guess I just don't understand the need to broadcast to the world who's in my bed, naked dancing or not.

She may well be naked; the cloth some of you see is probably the bed cover. She has more than once indicated she likes to prance around without clothing. (Because Spandex is so uncomfortable, I believe.) And she & Tal have been photographed together nude, so his seeing her without clothes is nothing new.

It's the constant sexualizing every action & comment, then broadcasting it on SM, that's so annoying. . If she weren't so fat, would it be so necessary for her to so desperately point out what a sexual being she is?

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Dot said:

She has more than once indicated she likes to prance around without clothing. (Because Spandex is so uncomfortable, I believe.) 

It's the constant sexualizing every action & comment, then broadcasting it on SM, that's so annoying. . If she weren't so fat, would it be so necessary for her to so desperately point out what a sexual being she is?

This is crazy to me. I prefer to be topless when walking around my own home (I don’t, however, advertise this on my social media) but like to wear bottoms because I have thigh rub. And I’m at a normal BMI—imagine the rubbing that occurs on Whitney’s body. How could nudity be more comfortable for her than clothes??

Edited because I forgot to address your second point. Her hyper-sexuality has always been disturbing to me; it seems seriously disordered and abnormal. But maybe I’m overthinking it and it’s just a simple vehicle for attracting attention in service of her narcissism. Which, that’s actually a nicer thought than imagining what might have happened to make her this way.

Edited by Pachengala
  • Love 7

Tal is so skinny he's practically two-dimensional. When he & Twit prance around together, it's like a "domestic life partnership" of Jack & Mrs. Spratt. She does herself no service with her sexualizing herself with Tal. It's really quite cartoonish.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, The Tex Kitten said:

Agreed. It's a bit maniacal and very forced.

She might have been dumped again. Or cancelled after this season. Shes trying to convince everyone shes totally happy, which means theres something unfortunate going on.

Agree totally with this! It's total overcompensation!! When I went thru a breakup last year, all my Hawaii/Europe/Asia pics made their way to SM?I definitely needed to reassure myself thru trip memories and I think Whitney has recently been doing the same This show was just so flat-out *boring* last season, even with contrived storylines. I'm sure TLC thinks it will soon run its course. If I were an exec, I'd be mortified that my network out on air a show where Glenn treats everyone to Hawaiii. That's not even realistic?

• Love 3

At this point I wanna see a dance video of Whitney that is longer than 1 minute (with or without clothes I dont care I can cover my eyes if necessary) - bc that's basically all she can manage anymore. Last time she danced abt 3 minutes (or more hopped, feet barely leaving the ground) was with the Fitness Marshall. And you could actually see that after 1 minute she had to fight, after 2 minutes her form was horrible and after 3 minutes I was afraid she would fall over and not move anymore. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Dot said:

I actually think she would have similar behavior if she was thinner. Her inappropriate sexual behavior seems to me to be a deeper personality issue than if she was just trying to compensate for insecurity of obesity. I can’t prove it but I suspect she has been acting this way for years - touching people inappropriately, making uncomfortable sexual comments, sharing personal things with people who don’t want to hear it, etc. 

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I actually think she would have similar behavior if she was thinner. Her inappropriate sexual behavior seems to me to be a deeper personality issue than if she was just trying to compensate for insecurity of obesity. I can’t prove it but I suspect she has been acting this way for years - touching people inappropriately, making uncomfortable sexual comments, sharing personal things with people who don’t want to hear it, etc. 

I stand by my theory that she has experienced some sort of sexual abuse. Which would be awful. But I wonder why Tal, trained counselor, seems totally unconcerned and enables her behavior on social media.

• Love 10

Twit has posted 100s of Alaska visit photos in that IG story feature. She also has an IG closeup of herself in a helmet, grinning, in the regular photo collection. She mentions everyone in her "squad" except Buddy, so I guess he didn't make the AK trip. (Also no mention of the parents, but I'd bet they're there.)

So, obviously, this AK trip is the big moment of S-6 as the HI trip was of S-5. Thus far, I am not impressed.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Should I assume you can’t see the story unless you follow someone? I can see the regular photos but I don’t see a story option. 

According to Instagram Help, it depends on whether the account is a public or private one. If the account is private, you have to follow to see the stories; if it is public, anyone can see them (unless they have been specifically blocked by the poster.)  Also, the person posting it can see who has viewed the story, by user name.  When you go to Whitney's home page on insta, look at the profile pic at the top of the page. If it is circled by a bright color ring, there is a story posted and if you click on the ring, it will open. After you've watched it once, the ring disappears, but you can still click on where it was and see the story until it expires. HTH

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit has posted 100s of Alaska visit photos in that IG story feature. She also has an IG closeup of herself in a helmet, grinning, in the regular photo collection. She mentions everyone in her "squad" except Buddy, so I guess he didn't make the AK trip. (Also no mention of the parents, but I'd bet they're there.)

So, obviously, this AK trip is the big moment of S-6 as the HI trip was of S-5. Thus far, I am not impressed.

That "helmet" picture was taken on a 4-wheeler "tour"; all you have to do is sit on it and push the pedals.  I'm not sure how easy it would have been for her to hoist herself into it, but once you're sitting down, it's a normal Twitney activity.  Do nothing but squeal.

ETA:  When I said "push the pedals," I meant the gas and brake.  I realized looking back at it that my original comment made it sound like one of those little kids cars where you have to continually push the pedals to make it go.  Not something Twit would/could do.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Should I assume you can’t see the story unless you follow someone? I can see the regular photos but I don’t see a story option. 

I don't follow Twit. All I do to see her stories is press her her headshot in the small circle at the top of her IG page.

ETA: The AK story photos are already gone, replaced by that pitch for a body-love workshop.

I don't think the AK story was up even 12 hrs. Granted I'm an ol' fogey, but I don't understand the appeal of IG stories or Snapchat. Why go to the trouble of posting photos/videos that will disappear within a day or so?

Edited by Dot
  • Love 3

Why go to the trouble of posting photos/videos that will disappear within a day or so?

I could see it as a way of getting people to talk - especially if it is the sort of ridiculous thing that Twit tends to share e.g. naked dance party. It might also drive more people to her account. She seems to have plenty of time in her schedule.

• Love 4

Yep, my guess was correct: parents are in AK, Buddy is not.

I think Buddy & Heather have been kept separated throughout S-6, if Twit's SM posts are any clue.

What phony reason for the AK trip will the MBFFL scriptwriter come up with? Daddy got another bonus? Mommy rec'd a small inheritance? Twit won a contest by writing, in 25 words or less, why she loves pork rinds?

• Love 5

Who took the picture?  Todd, or was he left behind too?  If no Todd then it's not ancillary to a dance class.  Maybe Whit and Tal brought along some of their BFFs to share their honeymoon!

• Love 1

Does this woman own anything not spandex. Everyone else is wearing jeans, shirts with sleeves, and even jackets. But Whit is in leggings and a tank top. Plus side - she’s wearing real shoes. 

I am choking over this last comment but she actually does look a little smaller - like she might actually be in the 350-380 realm she claims rather than over 400. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

No Donna?! Or is she the photographer? User name singkorswim is Todd, so he's there but "off running somewhere."

The photo was probably taken by one of the film crew.

The absence of Donna is interesting. She hasn't been seen in any of Twit's SM posts this year. Maybe she lost her caretaker job when Tal the Poodle moved in, so she was moved out.

• Love 3