Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E03: Survivor Jackpot

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Giesela said:

At the very least you could do the public burning like some have done to cement alliance/get a tgt off your back.  Or offer it to your alliance for whoever ends up on the block first.  A known idol isn't useless.  

Yeah, my favorite all-time use of the known idol was Yul (of course, the rules were different then), with an honorable mention to "Jay has an idol" from last season.

Because the show will always show an idol being found and always air confessionals about whether or not a player who's found an idol is going to use it, "OMG SURPRISE IDOL" doesn't have the same dramatic impact at tribal council, to me, as a known idol (because the viewers are never really surprised -- just the contestants). With a known idol (by say, at least 3-4 people), it's how do you flush the idol or do you try and blindside who has the idol or how does the idol-holder determine if they need to use the idol, and can they even trust members of their own alliance who know they have the idol. It has so much more dramatic resonance, to me, than the #Blindside of the contestants being shocked at an idol play, and the viewers going "Yeah. And.....?"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Khaleesi did not enjoy the Great Goat Discussion of '17.  She also liked Caleb so this was a rough episode. 

JT's Island Snorkeling Tours:  Unless that raft's being circled by Great Whites right now, I'm not sure what they're doing.

Questionable exfoliationI literally can't look at Tai wearing his sand vest.  My internal organs are itching now.

Brad/Tai strategizingIt's almost like Tai thinks Brad is on this show to help him [Tai] win. 

The Goat Discussion:  Just like that, 5-1 JT makes everyone forget about that time he left them in the middle of the ocean.  He's the Gentle Huntsman and she's The Evil Queen.

But the hands-down winner...

Sandra "doesn't know how" to kill a goat:  The Queen, of all people, should be familiar with 'Off With Her Head.'

Remind me how old this kid is?  I think she needs a job in tv writing if not stand up.  She's already funnier than 99% of today's comedy writers.  

This is the first episode in ages that I didn't watch live, so I'm late to the party on this one.

I was maybe the tiniest bit willing to give Tai the benefit of the doubt with his sand-coat... right up until the point that he started actively rubbing sand into his eyes. Which I'm pretty sure was part of a torture scene in one of the Saw movies.

Meanwhile, Debbie remains more interested in hearing herself speak than in saying things that have any basis in the reality that the rest of us share. There are some very significant and very important differences between a dictatorship and a democracy, Debbie. I'm shocked she hasn't learned that at one of her many jobs that pays her in training instead of cash.

• Love 2

I'm surprised by how many people we haven't really heard from or seen. If you are going by air time it looks like Malcolm and Brad are getting the winners edit. LOL!!! I haven't heard much from Aubry, Zeke, Michaela , Andrea, Varner & Debbie. They don't appear to be apart of any storyline. It's really obvious with Aubry, Michaela & Zeke since their seasons were just aired. I don't know what it means but I miss Aubry's confessionals. Of course, it's still early but they've really been lackluster. I guess if there are 2 boots this week it might speed up the game. It might also explain why we haven't seen them either.

• Love 1
On 3/16/2017 at 11:09 AM, ghoulina said:

Yes. What WAS that??? Was he in dire need of some full-body exfoliation? It bothered me so much that I got really distracted during that segment. 

Regarding Tai's sand-bath...I think that if I were ever play Survivor (unlikely), I'd be all up in using sand to scrub the sweat off, possibly multiple times a day.  For me, after a day at the beach when it's hot, humid, I'm sweaty and have suntan lotion all over, the first thing I must do when I get home is shower and wash it all off.  And this is why I wouldn't last two days on Survivor.  It's fun to think about, though.

On 3/16/2017 at 11:16 AM, DEL901 said:

Also - Probst told EW that if they had decided to kill the goat production would have let them!!!!!!!!!

Were they really that short on footage that they had to dedicate such a long segment to an issue they knew would rankle so many viewers?  I would think that with these fantastic returning players, there would be endless segments about strategy talk, or perhaps about who knows who outside of the game, etc.  Between goats and watching JT's tribe bob helplessly in the ocean for several minutes, it was a pretty boring episode.

That said, I do like the idea of hiding idols at challenges.  I wouldn't mind seeing a season with no clues at all, only challenge-hidden idols, to see if anyone would figure it out.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Were they really that short on footage that they had to dedicate such a long segment to an issue they knew would rankle so many viewers?

Given the amount of time spent here of people talking about GoatGate (or lack of gate? heh) they got what they wanted, people talking passionately about the show... mission accomplished.

• Love 2