Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: The Leak

Megan should have dumped Hope last week when she posted Megan's Venice selfie after being asked not to. Probably would have made Hope even more spiteful but at least her jealousy and resentment would have been out in the open.

Ugh, Megan is already so needy with Kyle, chasing him into the woods and wailing that she's sorry.

• Love 4

The only part I found at all interesting tonight was him dumping her from the movie. Overall, I wasn't feeling it.

This is the first (and maybe last) episode I've seen.  Holy cow, that cocktail party was boring and endless.  Nothing about the characters is compelling.  The Higher Mind guy seems to care less.  The wife seems to be running everything.  Kyle thinks he's running everything but obviously isn't.  Megan is... I don't know, really naïve?  The only likeable character I found was her agent.   She knows who's being played and who's doing the playing.

• Love 1

I thought it wasn't too bad!

I like Deanne and Leslie.  Terrence is so unlikable!  Not charismatic, winsome or even nice.   Leslie being so pregnant is an ominous sign that something bad is going to happen to her.  

I never would have suspected Hope of leaking!!  I hope she did it from a good place. 

How long ago did Kyle and Lisbeth break up?  Do we even know??  He genuinely seems into Megan so I'm wondering. 

4 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Who was the blond missing person?  In the previouslies we saw her come to the Institute, but I don't remember how she fit into the story.

She's the blonde "therapist" from the first episode who was with Kyle before Megan came along.

I was happy to see some follow up on that because I didn't expect any. So is she on the fake Gold Base now being brainwashed or what? Is that where Annika went to this episode? Enquiring minds and all.

This was an okay episode. I wasn't happy with the whole field trip to the awful cabin in the woods but I loved seeing DeAnn and Leslie go at it a bit and I really liked the scene with DeAnn and Megan at the end. Just hope DeAnn doesn't end up in a compound in the Mountains and only allowed out for funerals and trips to the local hardware store (sorry I couldn't resist).

That Hope is a piece of work though. Even if she was doing it "for Megan's own good" it's still a crappy way to get your point across to your friend and I don't even think she's coming at it from a good place. She's a bitter little harpy in my opinion.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SanLynn said:

She's the blonde "therapist" from the first episode who was with Kyle before Megan came along.

I was happy to see some follow up on that because I didn't expect any. So is she on the fake Gold Base now being brainwashed or what? Is that where Annika went to this episode? Enquiring minds and all.

This was an okay episode. I wasn't happy with the whole field trip to the awful cabin in the woods but I loved seeing DeAnn and Leslie go at it a bit and I really liked the scene with DeAnn and Megan at the end. Just hope DeAnn doesn't end up in a compound in the Mountains and only allowed out for funerals and trips to the local hardware store (sorry I couldn't resist).

That Hope is a piece of work though. Even if she was doing it "for Megan's own good" it's still a crappy way to get your point across to your friend and I don't even think she's coming at it from a good place. She's a bitter little harpy in my opinion.

I see what you did there.  ;)

• Love 2

I figured it was Hope the second Kyle told her that a lot of good things are happening to her friend. That's a jealous friend who only wants what Megan has and to see her fall. Nothing she did was for Megan's own good. Megan should have been done with her after the entire Venice picture posting. Hopefully the other friend tells Megan the truth and Hope is gone.

I didn't think it was Terrance at all because he was all "no picture posting" the episode before. He's all about protecting the brand that naked photo leak wouldn't work in his favor. 

Megan turning the narrative and pulling off that interview at the end was great.

• Love 3

I am really liking Autumn Reeser in this, waddling around with her fake pregnant belly.

Hope is being shady, we'll see how that turns out.

Edited by MaggieG

My attention wandered while watching this (on the DVR, not live). It just didn't hold my interest. It was obvious to me that Hope leaked the photos - no big mystery there.  Kyle and Megan "love" each other. Mmmkay. I think the role of Megan as written (and, to a lesser degree, acted) doesn't work for this show. She needed to be established as sympathetic before she fell in with Kyle and the IHM crowd. Every show needs someone to root for. When there isn't anyone to root for, I bail.

• Love 1

Well, I thought they were going in completely different direction when Kyle took Megan to a cabin  in the woods with no internet, cell service, etc. following the leak of her nudes. It would at least have been interesting.

I know its a really frothy show but I am impressed with how Josh Henderson and the writers are making Kyle charming and likeable but also a little off. From the start of the episode to the fight in the cabin, Kyle was just this perfect, but not fake feeling, guy and it's easy to see why Megan is comfortable with what she's signed onto. And even the fight and the final decision to replace Megan can be spun to be reasonable choices/understandable. He's not outwardly a "bad guy" but he isn't right either and the razor's edge the show is walking with it right now is fascinating to me. It's the big reason I feel invested in this show.

Hope being the leaker isn't surprising, but is probably the least interesting option the show could have made. Everyone else had better motives than petty jealousy. Even Megan's own motives were better. I don't want to think nude pictures would be a big deal anymore, except recent celebrity hacks show that there are still people who care. The fact that Megan went from unknown to dating the biggest movie star in the world would make any new info about her juicy.

• Love 2

It's just a matter of time before Kyle's sleeping-with-the-enemy personality starts coming through. His ex fiancée's warning to Megan that "you'll see" means some kind of undercurrent is lurking.

Plus that's the premise of the dratted show!

• Love 1
On 3/23/2017 at 10:06 AM, vibeology said:

I know its a really frothy show but I am impressed with how Josh Henderson and the writers are making Kyle charming and likeable but also a little off. From the start of the episode to the fight in the cabin, Kyle was just this perfect, but not fake feeling, guy and it's easy to see why Megan is comfortable with what she's signed onto. And even the fight and the final decision to replace Megan can be spun to be reasonable choices/understandable. He's not outwardly a "bad guy" but he isn't right either and the razor's edge the show is walking with it right now is fascinating to me. It's the big reason I feel invested in this show.

Hope being the leaker isn't surprising, but is probably the least interesting option the show could have made. Everyone else had better motives than petty jealousy. Even Megan's own motives were better. I don't want to think nude pictures would be a big deal anymore, except recent celebrity hacks show that there are still people who care. The fact that Megan went from unknown to dating the biggest movie star in the world would make any new info about her juicy.

They are doing Kyle very well. I find myself really kind of liking this guy, but then there are these little hints that something's rotten and just a general sense that he is too into Megan, too nice, too good, just overall too much. If I didn't know anything about Tom Cruise I'd probably be even more inclined to like Kyle. 

It has to be difficult to show that there is something to be wary of in this character, but still show why people like him so much at first and why Megan would think she's in love with him without making the audience throw things at the TV and yell at the characters for not seeing that this guy is a whackadoodle. 

It helps that Megan is young and clearly wants to get ahead in Hollywood. It's understandable that she would not see or brush aside any warning signs because she both just doesn't have a lot of life experience and she might be more inclined to forgive some things in the interest of her career. Instead of feeling frustrated that she's being an idiot and putting herself in danger I'm worried because she doesn't realize the danger she's in. 

Based on the interview at the end, the way they had the women kind of walking away with Kyle and Terrence kind of trailing behind, and DeAnn's visit to Megan, I get the feeling they're going for a young, naive girl gets into a bad situation but then shows people she's stronger than they thought and turns the tables storyline. It's too soon to tell though. 

• Love 2

I binged the first three eps on a lazy Saturday. I'm hooked. The actors have good chemistry and JH does a good job of being that charming and charismatic actor, but with something weird simmering just under the surface. If they eventually marry, I hope her lawyer BFF goes through the pre-nup with a fine toothed comb. 

I'm waiting for DeAnn to get sent to Gold Base. LOL

• Love 3