Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: The No Good, Very Bad Rosé Day

• Start Topic

At the annual Rosé Party, Kyle meets a fellow blonde who may or may not be his drunken soul mate; Cristina clashes with everyone else, as the roommates take aim at her meddling ways.

• Love 1
(edited)

Good for Christina getting her job and getting rid of Lindsey.

Those quacking twins are so irritating.   Carl thinks you're an easy lay, lady, and he's right.  You are too old to fall for this crap.  Besides, he has a complicated life -- he tried to tell you -- but you brought it back to you. 

You owe Christina an apology, Lauren.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 12

The pile-up on Christina was uncomfortable to watch.  Lauren's frustration should be with Carl.  Can't wait to see him crush her again next week.  Who will she blame this time?

Lindsey irritates the crap out of me.  You tell your roommates that you're moving in with your boyfriend and then are shocked when they make plans without you?  Also, the age shaming was ridiculous.  I hope like hell that she marries asshole Everett, they deserve each other.

Where has Jaclyn been sleeping all Summer?  

• Love 11

Lindsey is so pathetic. She blows up at Everette, stomps out, proclaims she's going to sleep in bed with a bunch of men. Then slinks back in 10 minutes later and it's all good? She deserves whatever she gets from that relationship. 

Also, what's the deal with pointing out that Christina has roommates at 32? Who cares??? Is there an age limit to having roommates. NYC is expensive; why NOT split the costs if you can?

Lauren is pathetic as well. She's all back up on Carl's jock, calling him "babe" and knowing every detail of his schedule, like they're a legit couple. And then next week he'll do some other douchey, gamey thing and she be pissed off again. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

My favorite part of the episode was Kyle riding around the dark, empty house on Ashley's scooter. I can't help it, I love Kyle! His date with the Ukranian broad was pretty funny too. I feel like I'd watch a show that was comprised of him and Stassi (from VPR) going on random dates. They're both hilarious in that setting. 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

Those quacking twins are so irritating.   Carl thinks you're an easy lay, lady, and he's right.  You are too old to fall for this crap.  Besides, he has a complicated life -- he tried to tell you -- but you brought it back to you. 

Quacking twins!  Perfect description!

I know it's superficial, but I hate their faces.  I find both of them really, really unattractive.  And for fux sake, Lauren's twin is worried about her being alone for the summer?  I know twins have a special bond,but holy hell, aren't they way too old to be thinking this way?

There is nothing redeeming or likable about ANY of these cast members.

• Love 8

I officially hate this show and every one on it. None of them are particularly attractive. You would have thought if you are putting what is supposed to be hot single faces on TV, casting would have done a better job. 

Kyle- following women around the party was creepy. He needs to not drink, ever, cause he seems to be kind of endearing when he's sober. 

Steven- has he been delegated to just standing or sitting around rolling his eyes at everybody? Again, what is a cute, single gay guy doing in the middle of these assholes? He clearly doesn't like them and barely even knows them. Go to Fire Island and have some fun, Steven!

Lindsey- dumbest woman on the planet. Please, go get a good haircut and the right styling products, for god's sake. 

Carl and Everett- two guys that think they are much hotter than they really are. Just because you're tall and dark, doesn't mean you are handsome. Get over yourselves.

Christina- she is boring as hell. No wonder no interest from any man all summer long. Or maybe she has a boyfriend off camera we don't know about. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I officially hate this show and every one on it. None of them are particularly attractive. You would have thought if you are putting what is supposed to be hot single faces on TV, casting would have done a better job. 

I think Kyle is VERY attractive...but wee (they do a lot of artful staging to make him look less-so).

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

I think Kyle is VERY attractive...but wee (they do a lot of artful staging to make him look less-so).

Yea, I actually do have to agree with you, there. He is a Ken-doll. I think it's his drunken behavior that turns me off.

• Love 1

I'd say it is his sloppy drunken behavior around ladies that is a turn off.  His drunk 4am antics roaming around the house alone swiffering and riding scooters are hilarious.  I actually thought about this last night while watching the episode.  

I feel like there was something in this episode that made me laugh hard enough to scare the sleeping dogs, but I can't remember what.  Maybe it was during VPR and not this show.

• Love 1

Cristina: I felt so bad for her.  I realize she is a wet blanket and does insert herself where she shouldn't but everyone who has had a problem with her has always said her intentions are good.  She's having to shoulder all the blame for Carl's shitty actions when nothing she said should've scared Carl away if he was a real man.  She was wrong in her claim that 4 (or even 3) people were yelling at her but the whole point was that she was being attacked and no one there had her back or cared about her.  I don't know why Lauren couldn't just take Cristina aside and talk to her in private instead of making a point of attacking her in front of others who all were going to have her back.  She gave Carl this much curtesy I can't even count how many times but Lauren has never been allowed it.  Both times Lauren has made a point of dragging her through the mud in front of everyone.  Who wouldn't be defensive?  It doesn't lend itself to being vulnerable and admitting a mistake when you feel like everyone is against you in the room.

Lauren: you owe Cristina an apology and you desperately need to learn to cut your losses when a guy shows you he is a dog the first time instead of trying to cling to that leash like it's your only lifeline.  Sadly, I'm pretty sure she's still sniffing around him from watching wwhl. I truly have nothing good to say about her.  Hate her clothes, hate her face, hate her voice, you get the picture.

Twin #2: can't be bothered to try and remember her name.  I know you want to protect and look out for your sister but the way you feel responsible for her dating life is weird and creepy.  You can miss me with the faux concern for Cristina at the party.  All her and her sister want to do is talk over everybody and not allow them to speak and then yell at them for not saying what you wanted to hear.  Cristina never denied she said something to Carl but she doesn't have to own him walking away because of it simply so your sister doesn't have to feel like she got played and is still getting played.  Maybe if you'd take a page out of Cristina's book and say something then your sister wouldn't look like such a fool.

Jaclyn: I thought it was pretty shitty of her to leave Cristina hanging at the dinner and start yelling at her when it was her flirting with Carl that prompted Cristina to even say anything.  She could've admitted that yes she flirted with him but she flirts with everyone and it meant nothing.  Cristina could've then honestly said she didn't know that at the time and was trying to defend her friend but she knows now that Jaclyn is just that way.  It would've helped defuse the situation.  She's the girl who doesn't own her crap.  You want to be a flirt, fine go ahead, but don't deny being a flirt when someone calls you on it.

Steven: I'm not sure why you are here.  You are very underused.  You are also a pot stirrer if Cristina is one but I guess bro-code allows for it.

Lindsay:  you need help. Not only is your relationship with Everett toxic but you are toxic.  A roommate wanting to know if you are going to continue to renting with them when they have interest from someone else is not cause for a fight.  I thought Cristina handled it very diplomatically and all Lindsay could do was see red over it.  I don't get it.  I am dying to know where the other roommate falls when it comes to these two.  Me thinks the other roommate should handle any further goings on involving the apartment.  

Everett:  I just find him creepy and weird.  Pretty sure he was sleeping with at least one girl when he left Lindsay but I don't think he was expecting Steven to spill the beans on him.  I'm not sure why anyone wants to be around him.  He doesn't seem like any fun.

Carl: just eww.  I'm not sure why anyone finds him attractive.  Even ignoring his crap personality, he's just not all that physically attractive.  Don't get me wrong, he's not horribl but he's definitely not worth all the fuss even on his good day.

Kyle:  he's the best of the worst.  I would never want to date him but I think he would be great to have as a friend.  I find him hilarious and really pretty supportive and patient with his friends.

Loved Cristina trying to take some credit for Lindsay's job.  I laughed and laughed.  Totally petty but I'm a petty b-ch too so I thought it was hilarious!  

• Love 11

In Lindsay's talking head towards the beginning of the episode, she's talking about if Everett is lying about that night she's "going to blow a casket!" I swear she said casket and I listened twice. GF needs to watch who she's calling dumb lol And I agree with everyone that she was awful to Cristina about the roommate situation. She and Everett both fight dirty by saying mean, nasty things in arguments. They're perfect for each other.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, OtterReality said:

In Lindsay's talking head towards the beginning of the episode, she's talking about if Everett is lying about that night she's "going to blow a casket!" I swear she said casket and I listened twice. GF needs to watch who she's calling dumb lol And I agree with everyone that she was awful to Cristina about the roommate situation. She and Everett both fight dirty by saying mean, nasty things in arguments. They're perfect for each other.

yes, hammerhead face indeed said "casket"

• Love 6

Uuugh....this is why I tell all my friends that I watch Bravo to feel better about myself. Aaaaaaaaa- if anyone that is an adult worth dating tells you they aren't looking for anything serious, TO YOUR FACE, and you are even a TINY BIT LOOKING FOR THAT, for the love of all that is holy BELIEVE THEM! This is not a movie! 

Lauren: just sent you a copy of "He's Just Not That Into You." You will KNOW when a dude wants you. Period. "Scared" and "Damaged" and "broken" and "I do things to f* things up on purpose because bla bla bla" are things that people say so that they DON'T HAVE TO BE ADULTS. Uuugh. I feel like I'm watching my 17 y.o. self with her. 

Amanda: Just saw your first talking head. Now I get why you show up at 3am girl. 

I'm sure there's plenty we don't see, and probably more logical reasons that go way back for the Christina frustration, but I was for real grossed out by the apartment discussion. What a bitch Lindsay is--age shaming someone for having roommates while you're discussing BECOMING A ROOMMATE with your gross, cheating, mean boyfriend. He acts like a gossipy teenager with her. I think there's something else under the blatant animosity those 2 have towards Christina. 

• Love 4

Kyle: If he would stop medicating himself with alcohol,  he could be incredible.  His late night antics remind me of (cough) friends ( cough) who snorted too much coke in the 80's.

Lauren : Carl's not interested in you outside of sex. Maybe because you're a little unpleasant. 

Christina: needs to find new friends. 

Lindsey: will always blame her mother for her bad behavior.  She'll be 80, saying, "I'm just this way because my mother did . . . "

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Peachyqueen said:

'm sure there's plenty we don't see, and probably more logical reasons that go way back for the Christina frustration, but I was for real grossed out by the apartment discussion. What a bitch Lindsay is--age shaming someone for having roommates while you're discussing BECOMING A ROOMMATE with your gross, cheating, mean boyfriend. He acts like a gossipy teenager with her. I think there's something else under the blatant animosity those 2 have towards Christina. 

That was so weird because isn't Everett older than Cristina and still needs a roommate? People in NYC often have roommates because it's expensive place to live so people weigh a lot of options when deciding on a place.

That said the convo also shows how Cristina has really no idea how to converse with people. All she needed to do was to say to Lindsay "you mentioned at the beginning of the summer you were looking to moving out, is that still the case because there is someone who is interested," instead she opens with asking about her relationship with Everett which because their relationship is toxic that puts Lindsay on the defensive and has nothing to with anything. Cristina only needs to know if Lindsay is moving out and when the room will be available period. Cristina always muddles the issue in such a way that makes me think she is probably really annoying to be around. Annoying but not such a toxic asshole like Lindsay who goes to an immediate low blow everytime and Everett who goes from a boring 5 to a ragey 12 for little to no reason. 

• Love 8

So I kind of get why people get fed up with Christine over seemingly nothing. She's unpleasant and tense and a little awkward with her peers. She's the fussy-little-old-lady-before-her-time friend. Everybody's had one and they can be irritating as hell without actually doing anything because they're generally not really doing anything except being a killjoy. I'm sure if I was trying to have a fun, laid back, goof off summer all of Christine's "concern" about everything under the sun would annoy me too. However, they are all being bitches to her and should back the fuck up. Lindsey was ridiculous in the housing conversation. Did Christine start the conversation clutching her pearls? Yes, but she was in the right and all Lindsey had to do was answer her. Age shaming Christine was so stupid.  It just made Lindsey look desperate, not Christine.

Poor, poor stupid Lauren. It doesn't matter if Carl is into her or not, he's a huge asshole! He could be madly in love with her and he would still be an asshole! Back slowly away from the asshole, Lauren.

• Love 3

The twins remind me of cartoon characters.  I can't almost see the wide-set bugged eyed with a lot of lashes characters in my head, but it's on the edges of my brain and I can't figure out what cartoon I'm thinking of.  I keep going to the Simpsons, but I can't think of which characters on that show it would be.  It is driving me nuts.

16 hours ago, Peachyqueen said:

I'm sure there's plenty we don't see, and probably more logical reasons that go way back for the Christina frustration, but I was for real grossed out by the apartment discussion. What a bitch Lindsay is--age shaming someone for having roommates while you're discussing BECOMING A ROOMMATE with your gross, cheating, mean boyfriend. He acts like a gossipy teenager with her. I think there's something else under the blatant animosity those 2 have towards Christina.

Maybe Christina dated him first--years ago, and now Twu Wuv must show her that they never think about Everett gleefully banging her in the not-so-long ago.

5 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Maybe Christina dated him first--years ago, and now Twu Wuv must show her that they never think about Everett gleefully banging her in the not-so-long ago.

Seems likely.  Christina did hook up with Kyle in the past.  Incestuous group.  That's why Carl was desireable -- he was new.

20 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

The twins remind me of cartoon characters.  I can't almost see the wide-set bugged eyed with a lot of lashes characters in my head, but it's on the edges of my brain and I can't figure out what cartoon I'm thinking of.  I keep going to the Simpsons, but I can't think of which characters on that show it would be.  It is driving me nuts.

I wonder what the twins would look like if they weren't stuck in that California girl Barbie look. It really doesn't suit them at all! Every now and then you catch a shot of one of them where the makeup has worn off and the curl has gone limp from their hair and they look better. I keep wondering what would happen if you darkened the hair, toned down the makeup, changed the girly clothes for more tailored ones. They're both more handsome then pretty. I keep feeling like Luanne from TRHONY needs to be their spirit animal. Instead they're channeling Scheena from VPR.

• Love 4

Finally got caught up last night.  Lauren is such a DUMB F*CK.  I cannot believe she had the audacity to sit at that table and tell Cristina that she wouldn't speak to her until she received an apology.  FOR WHAT.  They ALL owe Cristina an apology for being a gigantic group of entitled @ssholes.  I give C a lot of credit for being mature and handling herself well.  I agree she's the only cast member who hasn't made a complete embarrassment out of herself.  She doesn't have a strong personality and she definitely comes off as a little meek but FFS, look at the collective dumpster fire she's up against.

For the love of god Wirkus jerks, put your bosoms away, drop your air of entitlement and grow the F up.  Put some clothes on.  Tuck your collective @sses back in and quit trying to fake thigh gap.  Get a goddamn clue.  Lindsay you might consider detox.  Alcoholic rage is not a good look on you.

• Love 7

I'm definitely unique I guess but I literally cannot stand Christina and I actually like Lindsey. Idk exactly how to describe Christina.. she's just always getting in people's business like when they were talking at the table and she said 'Wait did you guys hook up? Did you guys hook up??' and her face literally lit up. Like why are you so involved in everyone else's lives?? And her little facial expressions like that weird smug head bob thing she does like that goody-goody in class who tells on you and then looks pleased with herself. That's the only description I can think of lol. But what's worse is she'll act pretty bitchy too, like when she called those random girls hookers. And then when god forbid anyone confronts her she can't handle it and starts crying. Like if you're that weak why the hell are you getting involved in everyone's business and creating drama like that? I'm not surprised all the other girls are ganging up on her. They've been dealing with her for YEARS I'm sure after a while you just can't take it anymore. They said they've gone thru breaks with her and I can see why lol. I was also really uncomfortable watching her get so defensive about Lindsey saying she was fired. "I was NOT fired!!! I wasn't!!! How dare you!! I wasn't fired Lindsey!!!" Like damn girl your reaction is making it seem like maybe you were fired... lol. 

I don't love the other girls but I can at least respect a strong woman. Lindsey may be stupid in love but she's not as weak as Christina. Same with Lauren. A lot of girls make stupid decisions when they really like a guy.. I know I've done it. 

And Jaclyn.. idk I kind of like her but I also hate overly flirty people like that. She calls herself a 'cock tease' but thats not something to be proud of. If you're going to act like a slut then be a slut, lol. Don't just act slutty and then when it comes down to being a slut act like 'Oh I would never!' People like that bug me. 

I do love Steven though and I think his whole eye rolls and commentary is funny! Like when they're talking about making out with each other and he says 'what are wen fourth grade? Let me know when somebody fucks' Lol! That's exactly what I was thinking too. 

And I feel bad for Amanda..or whoever that girl is who shows up for 3 am booty calls lol. Kyle really does seem like a cool guy when he's not being a sloppy creep at parties. I bet he's a great guy when they're together sober.. and the stuff he's said about her in the confessional things shows he's said some stuff to her to really make her think he's in love with her. Poor girl.

As for Everett.. his dramatic angry expressions when he's arguing with someone are funny. Like he's a bad actor. And idk what I think about Carl. He just seems like any generic rich white guy to me lol. I think he somewhat respects Lauren because she is a strong person.. but I think that's exactly why he isn't super into her. Like he probably wants a little petite submissive type female. It's definitely cringeworthy watching Lauren throw herself at him topless though lol that was so painful to watch. 

But anyway I thought I hated this show at first but it's definitely grown on me. I like it now! (Idk why people are saying 'this is just a bunch of rich white people getting drunk why would we want to watch it?' Isn't that pretty much every show on Bravo? lol except for VPR)

Edited by msgxoxo
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, msgxoxo said:

I'm definitely unique I guess but I literally cannot stand Christina and I actually like Lindsey. Idk exactly how to describe Christina.. she's just always getting in people's business like when they were talking at the table and she said 'Wait did you guys hook up? Did you guys hook up??' and her face literally lit up. Like why are you so involved in everyone else's lives?? And her little facial expressions like that weird smug head bob thing she does like that goody-goody in class who tells on you and then looks pleased with herself. That's the only description I can think of lol. But what's worse is she'll act pretty bitchy too, like when she called those random girls hookers. And then when god forbid anyone confronts her she can't handle it and starts crying. Like if you're that weak why the hell are you getting involved in everyone's business and creating drama like that? I'm not surprised all the other girls are ganging up on her. They've been dealing with her for YEARS I'm sure after a while you just can't take it anymore. They said they've gone thru breaks with her and I can see why lol. I was also really uncomfortable watching her get so defensive about Lindsey saying she was fired. "I was NOT fired!!! I wasn't!!! How dare you!! I wasn't fired Lindsey!!!" Like damn girl your reaction is making it seem like maybe you were fired... lol. 

I haven't liked Christina since the get go for exactly the reasons you stated. She has no personal life of her own so she inserts herself into everyone else's relationships and then whines every.single.time about how "She was just trying to be a good friend!" I'm so sick of her justifying her meddling with that crap.  She's a shit stirrer and she really is damn proud of herself when she messes up someone's night and then acts all innocent like she doesn't understand. She knows exactly what she's doing.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, msgxoxo said:

I don't love the other girls but I can at least respect a strong woman. Lindsey may be stupid in love but she's not as weak as Christina. Same with Lauren. A lot of girls make stupid decisions when they really like a guy.. I know I've done it. 

I agree with you about Christina. I've never cared for her. I still think the group is scapegoating her a bit, when Carl is more to blame for a lot of the shit with Lauren. 

But I cannot stand Lindsey either, and I don't see her as strong at all. She is not straight forward at all. She's been very passive aggressive in most dealings with her roommate. And the way she blew up on Everette and then just slunk back into the restaurant like nothing ever happened made me think she's completely pathetic. I mean, I could maybe forgive some "stupid in love" behavior if the dude was hot or had even one good personality trait. But he's not and he doesn't.  Lindsey strikes me as one of those girls who just hates to be alone. She's not being weak because of the guy, but because of the status he gives her.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 3
On March 11, 2017 at 2:54 PM, ghoulina said:

I agree with you about Christina. I've never cared for her. I still think the group is scapegoating her a bit, when Carl is more to blame for a lot of the shit with Lauren. 

But I cannot stand Lindsey either, and I don't see her as strong at all. She is not straight forward at all. She's been very passive aggressive in most dealings with her roommate. And the way she blew up on Everette and then just slunk back into the restaurant like nothing ever happened made me think she's completely pathetic. I mean, I could maybe forgive some "stupid in love" behavior if the dude was hot or had even one good personality trait. But he's not and he doesn't.  Lindsey strikes me as one of those girls who just hates to be alone. She's not being weak because of the guy, but because of the status he gives her.

Actually yeah that's pretty true. I guess I thought of her as strong just when it comes to confrontations cause she's the opposite of Christina when it comes to that. But when it comes to relationships she is pretty weak. I think she has major abandonment issues so she'll put up with anything.