Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Socalyalcon VI

When Reagan returns home from a work trip, Jess is concerned that she has been spending too much time being Nick's "girlfriend." Meanwhile, Schmidt and Cece obsess over security in their new home and Aly reveals an embarrassing secret to Winston.

So is Zooey off the show for a few episodes because of the pregnancy or will she be back next week?  Have they said how they'll handle that?  I couldn't find anything. 

Just now, ally862 said:

So is Zooey off the show for a few episodes because of the pregnancy or will she be back next week?  Have they said how they'll handle that?  I couldn't find anything. 

Never mind, just saw that she's in next week's episode.  I also wanted to add that I loved Winston and Aly playing with all the stuff.  They're so much fun.

• Love 3

The Japanese game show scene was really good and I enjoyed Winston trying in vain to reveal some deep dark secret about himself that Aly already knew. I also got a kick out everyone waltzing into Schmidt and Cece's house. But the way they're hitting us over the head with the Nick & Jess thing is killing the show IMO. It doesn't feel like there's anything else going on and it's way too heavy-handed. It's like that's all that's steering the show right now.

Why would Jess even want Nick if he's this dense? If he isn't having the same feelings/realizations about their relationship then clearly there's something wrong here. And I'll never in a million years buy that someone like Regan would ever look at someone like Nick twice let alone date him.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

But the way they're hitting us over the head with the Nick & Jess thing is killing the show IMO. It doesn't feel like there's anything else going on and it's way too heavy-handed. It's like that's all that's steering the show right now.

It is a clam-shaped lantern to the nose, for sure.

Something really struck me in this episode. I thought this was perhaps an inverse of The Fluffer, one of my faves, but it didn't work.

First, Jessica and Nick's chemistry is all off. She seemed more maternal than romantic. Second, in The Fluffer the story got a chance to develop. Here, having to switch stories with Winston/Aly and Schmidt and CC, then jamming in the stuff with Reagan and Jess, there was no real banter time for the nick/jess stuff to be satisfying.

I love the nick/jess combo, but it's hard to create a strong dynamic when you're carrying so many characters. I like Winston and Aly, but they weren't even connected to anything on the story at all. In my opinion, the story flows better when the character stories intertwine somewhere. 

For me, seasons 1-3 were great (although Jess and Nick's breakup reasoning was ridiculous). Since then it's been a struggle.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

And I'll never in a million years buy that someone like Regan would ever look at someone like Nick twice let alone date him.

Right?  I never quite understood that somebody as supermodel-esq as Reagan would fall for a dirt-poor, unkempt guy like Nick.  I suppose it really does boil down to personalities since they barely have anything in common.

I'm not worried about the whole Jess/Nick conflict.  She will fly to Portland, Oregon for a while just to blow off some steam.

The situation will probably be resolved.  They're pretty much endgame at this point, especially since there's a high probability that this is the last season anyhow, according to TV Line:  'New Girl' Is Probably 'Done' After Season 6, Says Jake Johnson

15 hours ago, Utpe said:

The situation will probably be resolved.  They're pretty much endgame at this point, especially since there's a high probability that this is the last season anyhow, according to TV Line:  'New Girl' Is Probably 'Done' After Season 6, Says Jake Johnson

I have been assuming that this season is the end, and it certainly seems like it's time. But if so, with only three (?) episodes left they're going to have to move the Jess/Nick thing along pretty quickly. Interesting to read that they've filmed a tentative finale.

• Love 1
On 3/15/2017 at 1:06 PM, iMonrey said:

Why would Jess even want Nick if he's this dense? If he isn't having the same feelings/realizations about their relationship then clearly there's something wrong here. And I'll never in a million years buy that someone like Regan would ever look at someone like Nick twice let alone date him.

Mom always said; "whatever you dislike about your girlfriend, you'll absolutely HATE once you're married".  I would agree that Nicks idiocy would get real tiresome once they have kids, have real life pressures, etc.

"Are you the criminals?!?! From the statistics?!?!"

I loved Nick/Jess, and I still like their interactions, but I feel like having them be endgame at this point is just kind of lazy. They have never dealt with the issues that made them break up in the first place, so even if they do end up together, it just seems like they will break up again after the show is done. Plus, with only a few episodes left, and the show kind of settling in for its ending, I don't see this making sense any time soon.

• Love 2

I think Nick is super cute, so I personally have no problem believing women fall for him, even Megan Fox. I mean, sure, he's kind of dense, but nobody on this show is a rocket scientist.

Is Jess on a school break or something? How can she just take off from being principal on a whim?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I think Nick is super cute, so I personally have no problem believing women fall for him, even Megan Fox. I mean, sure, he's kind of dense, but nobody on this show is a rocket scientist.

Is Jess on a school break or something? How can she just take off from being principal on a whim?

Seriously. Isn't/wasn't she with Brian Austin Green IRL? It happens. 

Also, YES! Nothing was thrown in like only on the weekend, going to use my spring break. I was a teacher. It's easier for principals to sneak home like she did that one episode, but to go for days?

• Love 1

Anyone else notice what appeared to be a LOT of grey hair on top of Zooey's head?  Or was that just weird lighting/highlights?  Because it made her look much older than she is or her character is. 

The breakins to Jaipur Aviv were annoying. No one in real life just breaks into a friend's house and turns on the light in their bedroom. It's such a trope.

The ending with the security system was HILARIOUS.

eta: zooey's pregnant AGAIN???

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:39 PM, MischaMouse said:

Seriously. Isn't/wasn't she with Brian Austin Green IRL? It happens. 

Well, in her defense, I think he aged pretty damn well

I'm just watching this out of habit now.  Kinda can't wait until it's over.

• Love 1