Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Four Ages in Life

Apparently all the stories this episode dealt with age and thus the title. 

I liked that both Bay and Daphne went to Toby for advice this episode. Wish we got more interaction between family members instead of all the characters being off in their own worlds. 

Surprised Bay didn’t face bigger consequences for tattooing the gang sign on that kid. Not that I necessarily think she should have, but it’s Bay so I’ve sort of come to expect the worst to happen to her at all times. 

Not sure what it is about Daphne that makes everyone so willing to give her a billion chances but of course Dr. Jackson is super understanding and has zero reservations about working with a volunteer who previously stole narcotics from his clinic.  

Was kind of hoping Regina would break up with Luca this episode just so we won’t have to waste anymore time on them, but at least she decided not to go into business with her newest boy toy and expand her brand on her own instead of repeating the same mistakes she’s made in the past. 

The John/Kathryn thing was a little cringey but I mean it is a real thing couples who have been together for a while go through so I guess there’s that. 

• Love 4

Not a terrible episode but this whole season has been a little strange in the sense that it's the last few episodes ever. As the poster said above, all the characters are off in their own worlds. Still, I liked Bay's plot. Rolled my eyes at Daphne's. She's there for one day and already trying to tell people what to do. The Angelo sub plot was random and shorn in. Of course the girl goes to Daphne first. 

• Love 1

OK, I was waiting for John to collapse after taking an "herbal supplement"--didnt he have a serious heart attack not too long ago??

Nothing about Toby and his gambling? Travis? Emmet??

Ok, and I completely forgot--why did bay and daphne go to china anyway?

Ugh. Another Saint Daphne episode and Bay does everything wrong. I can't believe Bay tattooed on a kid. I can't believe the dad was okay with a cover-up tattoo. I'd be demanding they pay the doctor for the laser surgery removal. I can't believe that tattoo lady didn't tell Bay (at least on screen) about having to go get a license. 

48 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

OK, I was waiting for John to collapse after taking an "herbal supplement"--didnt he have a serious heart attack not too long ago??

I'm still expecting this... which will be the jumping off point for Regina to break up with Luca and come back and live in the guest house because John's dead and she'll help emotionally support Kathryn.

I did like that Mingo was feeling the effects of the lil' Wayne thing. Whether it was warrented or not, I like that it wasn't just dropped. 

Nearly everything in the first 70% of that episode made me cringe nonstop.

I adored the first couple seasons of this show... wish it had lived up to its potential. Sadly, I don't think I'll miss it when it's over.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I'm still expecting this... which will be the jumping off point for Regina to break up with Luca and come back and live in the guest house because John's dead and she'll help emotionally support Kathryn.

Regina moved back into the guest house when her ex left town. That's why Luca was leaving the Kennish mansion.

I'm glad this show is ending just like I'm glad they are wrapping up Broadchurch, Ripper Street, Black Sails, Orphan Black, The Americans (after next season), Sherlock (we think) and Episodes because not every show needs to last as long as lets say Law & Order SVU.

Edited by maraleia

Did anyone else think that the girl from the clinic was going to be Mingo's girlfriend who was going to surprise him from Georgetown? I was waiting for it!

Sad to say, but I'd rather watch a storyline about John's erectile dysfunction because it's the only time I can laugh instead of roll my eyes. He's easily become the sane man of the show.

• Love 4

No Travis episode makes me sad. 

I think that Noelle girl is hiding more then she is letting on. I don't buy the fact that she travels x amount of hours to visit her sister and nieces.

I'm glad Regina didn't take the money from Luca.

Otherwise, I hope they wrap it up nicely in the end. 

On 3/8/2017 at 9:38 AM, nlkm9 said:

Nothing about Toby and his gambling? Travis? Emmet??

Thank God for small favors.

The fact that anyone still cares about Mingo dressing up as a rapper is so ridiculous, but it matches the current real-life freakout about this nonsense, so I guess points for realism. Iris is a whiny child. Get over it.

19 hours ago, Eri said:

Did anyone else think that the girl from the clinic was going to be Mingo's girlfriend who was going to surprise him from Georgetown? I was waiting for it!

My thoughts exactly. She was acting kind of shifty so I thought she was going to tell Daphne she was pregnant or something.

• Love 1

Seeing Mingo still getting shit for the Lil' Wayne thing is hilarious when Daphne managed to go from the one getting death threats to having an invite to the cookout.

"How'd you repair your reputation, Daphne? People still won't even talk to me."

"I just joined in on yelling at an old woman and suddenly everyone liked me! Even that one guy who really hated me before!"

"How'd you join in their chant anyway, aren't you deaf? Why did I even bother to take those ASL lessons?"

• Love 8

Mingo was still getting shit about the costume because the writers had him disappear from the story while they had Daphne realize the error of her ways earlier and get involved in the fight with the students of color. It's as simple as that. What both of them did wasn't cool IMO.

Edited by maraleia
36 minutes ago, maraleia said:

Mingo was still getting shit about the costume because the writers had him disappear from the story while they had Daphne realize the error of her ways earlier and get involved in the fight with the students of color. It's as simple as that. What both of them did wasn't cool IMO.

Daphne never realized the error of her ways though. She maintained her opinion on Mingo and what he did being okay throughout, she just shifted away from talking about Mingo to agreeing on other issues.

Iris being cool with Daphne again, while remaining ice cold toward Mingo, and yet not commenting on Daphne's continued friendship with Mingo just seems ridiculous.

I find it extremely doubtful that Daphne wouldn't have been directly called out to throw Mingo under the bus to get in the good graces of Iris and the other protesters (particularly by the guy who kept calling her a "fake Latino and Katy Perry"), and yet Daphne somehow managed to get in everyone's good graces while continuing to support what they all saw as racist behavior from her friend.

• Love 3

Bay giving that obvious teenager a tattoo (that even looked like a gang sign!) was one of the dumbest things I've seen her do in ages. I like the idea of Bay becoming a tattoo artist, but I don't like how they're doing it. Doesn't she need a license? Take classes? They cant just let some random 20 year old start inking people in a respectable tattoo studio can they?

I feel bad for Mingo. He could have handled the aftermath of the Little Wayne thing better, but I don't really think what he did was so awful in the first place, and people were making a huge deal out of something really small. Especially when we see that there really are big racial issues on campus. He wore a stupid costume without thinking about possible implications, and everyone was treating him like he was running around wearing aver his head and burning crosses on the lawn of the BSU. He is trying to move on, but people are still treating him like crap. Daphne was even more clueless and did more damage, and everyone's cool with her now.

Its kind of a sad ending to the show.

• Love 5

The problem with Mingo is that he never made any attempt to understand or consider the reason why his action blew up. Yes, there are bigger problems on campus, but it was the last straw, and he made it worse by not giving a shit about any of it. He distanced himself rather than engaging, and so he remains an abstract symbol of the callous indifference and active disrespect people are dealing with, where if he'd listened and validated the bigger issues, people might have been willing to forgive him for his own mistake. I think that's why Daphne was forgiven.

• Love 4

That's probably true, I guess that makes sense. At least Daphne tried. When you think about it, its kind of weird that Mingo never just said he was sorry. He is an RA right? Maybe its different at their school, but when I was an RA in college, we had TONS of training on cultural and racial sensitivity, and what to do if we or someone else blundered into something offensive, or how to come back from even saying something intentionally. And that was a few years ago! Its weird he didn't ever do anything. I thought the controversy was stupid and overblown, but its not my place (or Mingos) to decide what upsets another person. Just apologize dude! Say you didn't mean to piss anyone off and your sorry. Not that hard.  

• Love 3