Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: The Steel In The Wheels

WendyCR72

A week off 'til this airs. And, hey, another returnee for the farewell tour:

When a young man dies in a horrendous hay baler accident, Booth, Brennan and Aubrey slap on trashy disguises and go undercover at a rowdy demolition derby competition to investigate the case. Meanwhile, Dr. Gordon Wyatt returns and assists Hodgins and Cam when the ongoing Gormogon case hits a dead end.

It is harsh and not something I usually say, but it is so distracting.  Her second son was born in summer of 2015, and she was smaller last season. Think about how she looked in the western ep with the gun holster belt thingy...much smaller.  I keep waiting for the announcement that ED and therefore Bones/Booth are pregnant, esp after the conversation about birth control earlier this season.

• Love 1

Maybe ED has some health issues or is on steroids or something. Either way, I'm not about to fat shame her. People get older, weight gets harder to lose. In the non-Hollywood world she's about average. Maybe she's not planning to continue acting after the show is over, so she couldn't care less about being actress thin. I don't think DB is in the same shape as when the show started either but he's a man and has no idea what it's like to have your body change because of pregnancy.

• Love 5

I understand that this is their swansong season, and they're doing everything to harken back to earlier seasons with cast and themes.  But FFS, who thought it was a good idea to bring back Buck and Wanda???  Was there a focus group to determine what they could do to this show to make it suck even more?  I'm actually liking how they are wrapping up Zach's storyline, and love the return of Gordon Gordon, but it seems like they are doing everything possible to lose as many viewers as possible before the series finale.

• Love 1

I could swear that back when the whole Gormogon stuff happened, there was a scene where Zack explained to Sweets that he didn't kill anyone but confessed because if he did X, that proved that he was insane and he'd go to a mental hospital, but if he only did Y, that proved that he was sane and then he'd go to regular prison for being an accessory. And he needed Sweets to keep his secret because if anyone found out, he'd go to prison and Hodges made it clear to Zack that he'd never survive in prison. If that's the case, then why is Hodges working so hard to prove that Zack isn't an insane murderer but a sane accessory to murder?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/8/2017 at 8:35 AM, LisaM said:

I did crack up at Angela's disgust at being asked by Brennan to dig into the haystack. 

I do not think that is in her job description.

Edited by Beezella
quoted too much
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Rockstar99435 said:

I could swear that back when the whole Gormogon stuff happened, there was a scene where Zack explained to Sweets that he didn't kill anyone but confessed because if he did X, that proved that he was insane and he'd go to a mental hospital, but if he only did Y, that proved that he was sane and then he'd go to regular prison for being an accessory. And he needed Sweets to keep his secret because if anyone found out, he'd go to prison and Hodges made it clear to Zack that he'd never survive in prison. If that's the case, then why is Hodges working so hard to prove that Zack isn't an insane murderer but a sane accessory to murder?

I feel like you're right. Maybe he wouldn't be charged as an accessory so long after the crime? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I feel like you're right. Maybe he wouldn't be charged as an accessory so long after the crime? 

Except there's no statute of limitations on murder, so it still doesn't work. The Writers' Strike in 2008 screwed things up, but this should have just been left alone. The fix is worse than the original story.

• Love 2

What the heck does it matter that Emily's put on weight, or why? DB's put on a good amount as well. So what? The actors are humans with the same struggles and issues as the rest of us (albeit better paid). Their job is acting, not modeling.

• Love 5

Emily looked very pretty towards the end when her hair was up.  I loved how at that time she snarked on Dr. Fuentes to make sure he shows he earned the blue coat.

Booth's car was called Slap Shot.  How perfect.

There could be eleventy-seven implausible things that go on in any given moment but for some reason, I forgive this show for all of them.  I just love it to pieces and have forgiven Hart for most of his transgressions.

Kathy, on the other hand, I will NEVER forgive the bug in the neck.

Gordon Gordon is welcome any time.  Aubrey can chase him around while he's carrying a tray of petit fours.

• Love 4
On March 9, 2017 at 7:28 AM, chaifan said:

I understand that this is their swansong season, and they're doing everything to harken back to earlier seasons with cast and themes.  But FFS, who thought it was a good idea to bring back Boston Buck and Wanda???  Was there a focus group to determine what they could do to this show to make it suck even more?  I'm actually liking how they are wrapping up Zach's storyline, and love the return of Gordon Gordon, but it seems like they are doing everything possible to lose as many viewers as possible before the series finale.

I confess. I like Buck and Wanda.

• Love 5

I do too!  I mean, they bowl, they're in the circus and now they do demo derby?  What CAN'T they do?

Also, it gives me fond memories of Max knowing what was up with Booth and Bones's relationship even if they didn't know yet.

Buck and Wanda are better than Tony and Roxy, even if Roxy is sexier.

• Love 3

One thing I forgot to mention I did not like was when they would show an overhead shot of the cars, and then dub in Bones saying lines in a conversational tone that were meant for Booth to hear.  Unless they were wearing mics in their helmets, which it didn't appear they were, there was no way he would have heard her.

It came off as very silly and an odd choice on the directors part.

• Love 3

I recently decided to finish this season off, so just now watched this episode.  Buck and Wanda didn't bother me so much, but I'm still baffled how saline in the victims blood led to him being a double red cell donor and then to his identity.