Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Where is she from? She posts from a lot of places, but seems like NY area.

Shes very young according to social. That's so cool that she is a Cowboys fan and so up to speed on all the NFL/Cowboys.

Coming in at 18 that prepared will make her more of a superstar than she already is!

I admire girls that young who have the discipline and maturity to master something this big at 18! That's why Milan, Lacey and Jenna are some of my faves.

Official listing from tryouts is Medford, New Jersey...

14 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Where is she from? She posts from a lot of places, but seems like NY area.

Shes very young according to social. That's so cool that she is a Cowboys fan and so up to speed on all the NFL/Cowboys.

Coming in at 18 that prepared will make her more of a superstar than she already is!

I admire girls that young who have the discipline and maturity to master something this big at 18! That's why Milan, Lacey and Jenna are some of my faves.

8 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Official listing from tryouts is Medford, New Jersey...

Where are those posted?

4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Did this Bri make show group or get a Barbie?

She's pictured at the first night with a Barbie for her solo.

Just now, Tootie said:

The DCC Facebook page listed all of the Finalists...

Thank you!

(edited)
7 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

I'm wondering since the two weights have the M's maybe that means meals? Like when they did myfitfoods? 

Didn't stephanie post something on her insta about her healthy snacks and thanking someone??? I think u might be on to something 

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I think the m means maybe put down that chicken fried steak and have an apple. 

That's freaking funny... you made me laugh so hard I spit out my chicken fried steak Bwahahaha

long shot... but I wonder if it could  mean "middle?"  who knows , I'm reaching 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Tootie said:

Maybe it's her Current Events/Dallas Cowboys test score??  Just a thought...

Looking back at this picture,  Brianna also has a green "M" label, plus a pink 56.  Coming from New England, she probably wouldn't know much about the Cowboys, so might be the test score??

vote counts.jpg

How am I just now noticing that Christina got an 11/3/1?!? Mind. Blown. Must find an appropriate gif. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

Didn't stephanie post something on her insta about her healthy snacks and thanking someone??? I think u might be on to something 

This is what she posted - the link goes to a woman who does meal plans 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Girl yes! That's a hot couple. 

He's hot even with his eyes closed. Most guys would look drunk/awkward like that but he manages to look photo ready lol

Erica could be out of show group from injury but depending on the severity of the injury and if surgery is involved, she would either be unable to perform at all this season or maybe not being involved in SG would keep her from further or re-injuring herself and still being able to dance as a group leader and point girl and do more technique related stuff over a longer period stretch in between like halftime shows.  If she is not point it will be Jenna I am sure. Maybe Jenna hired someone to hit her in knee so she would be point instead .   TOTALLY KIDDING!! I know they are great friends and would want the other to have it more than themselves but it sometimes seems like a good plot for a Lifetime channel drama. I think that hunky BF of Ericas will definitely take good care of her.  I was also wondering with all the talk about the colored dots, I thought I saw a pink dot on Lacey's pic from the Showgroup spoiler????

• Love 3
On 7/1/2017 at 5:13 AM, LaurelleJ said:

ETA I guess we see who our rockstar rookies are now. Also I'm surprised more because it looks like Tasha barely made the squad again. That's a score you would see for a borderline rookie. I have to think that she was one of the lowest scoring returning veterans. Maybe it had nothing to do with dancing or weight since she was able to turn it around and make show group.

I'm so glad to see all the 15's of the veterans in show group....  in the show they obviously focus more on the girls with the drama and not the "touchdowns" - makes me very excited for and proud of these amazing young women.  

Bummer about Erica's injury - hope its nothing too debilitating.....  and I guess that leaves Holly to battle Jenna for the front point of the star...

• Love 1
22 hours ago, crazydegulady said:

I think that would be a good triangle from a visual point of view with a blonde, a brunette and a red head.

it'd be great as well to get some non-white girls in the mix.  For crying out loud - i know this is Texas - but come on... what about Lacey (latina), Robin,  Cersten?  Why are they always in the back?  

• Love 5

There haven't been any rockstar minority upper vets in a while. Mia was point her 5th year with Jackie and Emma rounding out the triangle, the year before that when Whitney was point Jackie and Mia were on her sides. Jacie was also in the front with holly while she was point, and would have been point if she stayed for a 5th year. I think Cersten has what it takes to be point eventually. She was in the front during the hip hop routine last year while holly p was point. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

1)Tasha- "I can't wait to tell my daughter that I'm on show group!" 

2)Anyone think 'M' is for Melissa rycroft?

1) OMG - SPOT ON!  LOL....  her little mini me is adorable and it's so great those two are so close... but you know Tasha said that...

2)  This made me snort my OJ up my nose when i read this - totally painful and messy, but BEYOND worth it...  Could you imagine?  "must see tv" indeed.  

2 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I mean NAVY

LOL. Good thing you corrected yourself. I was about to come after you! (J/k) Agree, love those shoes with that dress! That's like my aesthetic. Neutral colors with bright colored shoes and purse. So Amy and I are basically like best friends and kindred spirits. Right?

Someone tell me I'm right. ??

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

There haven't been any rockstar minority upper vets in a while. Mia was point her 5th year with Jackie and Emma rounding out the triangle, the year before that when Whitney was point Jackie and Mia were on her sides. Jacie was also in the front with holly while she was point, and would have been point if she stayed for a 5th year. I think Cersten has what it takes to be point eventually. She was in the front during the hip hop routine last year while holly p was point. 

Cersten was barely mentioned last season, and my guess is they thought she'd be a one hit wonder so they didn't bother, but she is really, really good. She's be great at point if she stays for a couple more years. 

I'd consider Jenna a rockstar minority vet and a brunette. Brunette doesn't always mean white. I'd like to see rockstar Lacey up there, too. 

• Love 6
On 6/29/2017 at 5:19 PM, QuiteCalM said:

As of last night, I recognize and can name two TCCs.

giphy.gif

Celinda and Brennan? Lol (I can name them all, but I know them two and Christina the best)

• Love 1

Jenna is definitely a rockstar minority upper vet. It just goes to show you how important the pool of talent is with the DCC. Jenna was further back in line while Jacie and Jenn K were there, and she was the same year as Jacie and a year ahead of Jenn K. 

• Love 2

Maybe the dots have to do with seniority, alternates, and girls who made Show Group for the first time. Usually they pick a few alternates in case of injuries, or a girl cannot make an appearance for some reason.

Very happy for Stephanie, Heather O, and KaShara for making Show Group! I'm as shocked as everyone else about Tasha and as hopeful as everyone that Erica recovers fully from her injury. I also hope that she was wearing shorts in that picture with her hottie boyfriend. Those would be the definition of hot shorts, but if it's a dress it borders on indecent. When did I get so old and prude? On the flip side, I totally dislike Maddie's 1st meeting dress for someone under 40. I get the modesty thing, sure, but modest does not have to mean dressing twice your age. Judy would look great in that dress! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

Very happy for Stephanie, Heather O, and KaShara for making Show Group! I'm as shocked as everyone else about Tasha and as hopeful as everyone that Erica recovers fully from her injury. I also hope that she was wearing shorts in that picture with her hottie boyfriend. Those would be the definition of hot shorts, but if it's a dress it borders on indecent. When did I get so old and prude? On the flip side, I totally dislike Maddie's 1st meeting dress for someone under 40. I get the modesty thing, sure, but modest does not have to mean dressing twice your age. Judy would look great in that dress! 

I feel like Maddie is true to herself and her upbringing in choosing a modest dress like that. It's adorable, tasteful and one of the few times as a DCC she gets to choose what she wears. I hope our kids always rep our values like that!

14 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

This is the stadium locker room isn't it? Wonder why they didn't have first meeting at the Star?

That's the Star, no giant pictures above the lockers 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Looks just like the stadium to me *cleans glasses*

Here's the stadium locker, blue carpet and pink walls. The mirrors also dont have light bulbs along the top, just the sides

• Love 2

Please tell me they let 31 year old moms go to Camp DCC!!! *crosses fingers*

On second thought being out danced by 7 year olds would be super depressing. Can I just lurk in the background? Don't worry, I'll leave my van with no windows and Free Candy painted on the side at home. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, spazette said:

On second thought being out danced by 7 year olds would be super depressing. Can I just lurk in the background? Don't worry, I'll leave my van with no windows and Free Candy painted on the side at home. 

If they did an adult Fantasy Camp we'd all be there!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, spazette said:

??

On 6/30/2017 at 3:19 PM, HowdeeDo said:

@ShellyB I look like a potato so could you forward my question/suggestion to the powers at be? :P

Which question?? Sorry....been in the trenches at Miss Texas. Happy to forward, just let me know. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

Which question?? Sorry....been in the trenches at Miss Texas. Happy to forward, just let me know. 

If they'll concider changing the big photos on the wall/windows in the studio to different DCC every now and then. I'm sure they're expensive, but it would be really cool to see various DCCs even from the 70 and 80s as well. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

If they'll concider changing the big photos on the wall/windows in the studio to different DCC every now and then. I'm sure they're expensive, but it would be really cool to see various DCCs even from the 70 and 80s as well. 

Ahhh....those are not permanent. They are for filming days only. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, spazette said:

I need to borrow someone's crotch fruit for a few days so I can get in to camp dcc, clearly. How often do I have to feed them? Got a bunch of bird seed. Do they eat that? 

• Love 3

I don't think the girls were in LA for a media tour, looks like just for a performance. 

On 7/2/2017 at 11:03 AM, DCCroutineFAN said:

Erica could be out of show group from injury but depending on the severity of the injury and if surgery is involved, she would either be unable to perform at all this season or maybe not being involved in SG would keep her from further or re-injuring herself and still being able to dance as a group leader and point girl and do more technique related stuff over a longer period stretch in between like halftime shows.  If she is not point it will be Jenna I am sure. Maybe Jenna hired someone to hit her in knee so she would be point instead .   TOTALLY KIDDING!! I know they are great friends and would want the other to have it more than themselves but it sometimes seems like a good plot for a Lifetime channel drama. I think that hunky BF of Ericas will definitely take good care of her.  I was also wondering with all the talk about the colored dots, I thought I saw a pink dot on Lacey's pic from the Showgroup spoiler????

Jenna shall now be known as Tonya Harding

Erica needs to pass over that yummy delicious hunk of man meat right now. She can his skeleton back when I am finished with him.

Tasha... ugh... is not show group material.

I am super not invested in any of these TCCS because I don't know any of them. Last year I had 5 I watched. This year... nada.

Less Tasha more Kelsey. 

If Kelsey had Erica's boyfriend those would be some pretty babies.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Could they have just not put the giant pictures up yet?  I cannot imagine the locker room without them.   ?

They keep the old squad up I think until they've had the new squad photos made up. That photo was definitely of the Star locker room because you can see the new name plates with the stars representing years on the team and such and the lights are different. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I need to borrow someone's crotch fruit for a few days so I can get in to camp dcc, clearly. How often do I have to feed them? Got a bunch of bird seed. Do they eat that? 

Well, I have the wrong gendered crotch fruit for camp DCC I'm afraid, unless my son grows up to be more Anthony Ramos than Tony Romo. Not that I would love him any less!! 

Can't speak for any other baby birds but my guy eats every 2-3 hours and would probably give bird seed a try if offered. He's a "voracious eater" affording to the doctor. Best diet plan I've ever been on-- eat all the time, lose weight thanks to breastfeeding. 

Okay back to topic....Get better Erica!!

• Love 2
(edited)

Shocked ..Erica not considered show group due to injury but Holly who only completed about 30 seconds of a solo at tryouts makes it due to "known performance". K&J please be consistent !  Erica is a proven Commodity 

Edited by lfedncr
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

Funny how ugly ass Cassie got to be in show group her fifth year even though she was injured, but Erica is kept out.  Hmmm . . . 

Erica is injured. She is on injured reserve. She was not kept out for looks....

• Love 5