Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

Holly's Barbie.

Holly.JPG

Literally coming back to the boards for the new season, and this is the first post I see. This is gonna be an amazing season (particularly for the forum).  

Also, we just visited The Star today. Incredibly disappointed that I didn't see Kelli or Judy or Shelly. Or any naked barbies. 

• Love 5
(edited)
58 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Literally coming back to the boards for the new season, and this is the first post I see. This is gonna be an amazing season (particularly for the forum).  

Also, we just visited The Star today. Incredibly disappointed that I didn't see Kelli or Judy or Shelly. Or any naked barbies. 

Hahaha OMG!! Yassss welcome back with your epic sn and avi!! 

I'm SO jealous about you visiting the star!! 

Edited by QuiteCalM
Your you're
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I still would love to know why a 2017 TCC photo was never released.

I could be wrong but thought Shelly B said it would be released once it actually starts.

It's supposed to be storming in DFW tomorrow- I wonder how far they have to walk from their cars to the building at The Star vs what looked like a pretty close parking lot at Valley Ranch?

20 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

18835630_10154420796341035_7336839367133

The new crib looks niiiiiice.

From this picture it looks long and very narrow. Don't they dance in rows three or four deep during training camp? Maybe it's the angle but it looks pretty cramped just with that small crowd. If it's really not very spacious, it's going to be like a hot smelly gym- ewww!

14 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

I could be wrong but thought Shelly B said it would be released once it actually starts.

It's supposed to be storming in DFW tomorrow- I wonder how far they have to walk from their cars to the building at The Star vs what looked like a pretty close parking lot at Valley Ranch?

From this picture it looks long and very narrow. Don't they dance in rows three or four deep during training camp? Maybe it's the angle but it looks pretty cramped just with that small crowd. If it's really not very spacious, it's going to be like a hot smelly gym- ewww!

I'd estimate it's at least double the size, and unlike VR they now have practice fields and mini fields to perform on as well. I believe in their small groups there's only two rows. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I'd estimate it's at least double the size, and unlike VR they now have practice fields and mini fields to perform on as well. I believe in their small groups there's only two rows. 

I got 99 problems, and eyeballing sizes is one of 'em!

5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Not that mini field, there's another field thing in the cheerleaders area. 

IMG_1574.PNG.fa2940c4ea92f983a7604aabfe1

That is what I was thinking may be behind that glass wall. And yes The Star does have a small stadium in it that I'm sure will be used for the football camps and player practice. That small stadium is also used for local high school football games. I do know they have several outdoor practice fields outside as well. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Once in an interview on ?FB Kelli joked that the stool had its own twitter!!

It's been "on the team" for at least 3 years. Time to make it an all star!

3 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Judy *HATES* the stool!

I would too it looks uncomfortable. Stools always make by rear end fall asleep.

• Love 3
Just now, Shallan said:

It's been "on the team" for at least 3 years. Time to make it an all star!

I would too it looks uncomfortable. Stools always make by rear end fall asleep.

Ha! Exactly! Plus, it makes her look like a parrot on Kelli's shoulder. I think, anyway....

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Judy *HATES* the stool!

Well for being a part of the team for so long, it is still stiff and wooden. No expression. Pastel. Pain in her butt. At least it doesn't have puppy dog arms. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Well for being a part of the team for so long, it is still stiff and wooden. No expression. Pastel. Pain in her butt. At least it doesn't have puppy dog arms. 

I agree completely. No power, no projection, and it doesn't seem to be taking this seriously... 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I agree completely. No power, no projection, and it doesn't seem to be taking this seriously... 

Really heavy footed, but at least it doesn't talk back. Practically lives at the studio, too, so there's that.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Really heavy footed, but at least it doesn't talk back. Practically lives at the studio, too, so there's that.

OMG y'all are killing me. Someone needs to make an Instagram for that stool. And teach it to talk can you imagine the stories it could tell.

• Love 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It must have impressive connections to have stayed on the team so long. Hmmm...it does kiss Judy's butt every night of TC, the mystery is solved :)

ETA: Sorry mods I just saw your post. I'll take it to small talk now.

Edited by Shallan
  • Love 1

It'd be great IMO if they did all the field training in one week - like learn the jump split at the beginning of the week and then the entrance to the games at the end... plus allowing more time for the women to get a 'feel' for the field earlier in the season ...  maybe then they wouldn't lose great girls like Kyndal (sp?) or blond/TCU/Tyler TX Courtney so late in the game...  Courtney really should try out again... She always has been one of my favorites.

• Love 5

So...with training camp starting tomorrow; am I the only who has ever wondered why a TCC doesn't hit up a veteran or a recently retired vet for help right after auditions? I mean it in the sense of "I'll pay you a certain amount of money and you teach me Thunderstruck, field entrance and all the sidelines you can." 

I mean, all's fair in training camp, amirite?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Ante said:

So...with training camp starting tomorrow; am I the only who has ever wondered why a TCC doesn't hit up a veteran or a recently retired vet for help right after auditions? I mean it in the sense of "I'll pay you a certain amount of money and you teach me Thunderstruck, field entrance and all the sidelines you can." 

I mean, all's fair in training camp, amirite?

I would do that...  and get coaching at a local high school football field... for the training ahead of time - especially if I was a slow learner...  I'd want to do everything in my power for them to never have a question about me, my skills both in the studio and out communications wise, style etc.  I'd find an apartment near the Star and a job near by as well or one I could do at home... And i would have studied every prior episode of the show - so much hidden goodness in there.  (i've often wondered if the cut girls go back and watch to see if they are mentioned at all)  and I would have taken classes in every type of dance.  If KC Ashley had taken some modern dance classes she maybe might would have made the team.... for instance.  I just don't understand the girls that show up unprepared in all aspects.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ahndreeeah said:

I would do that...  and get coaching at a local high school football field... for the training ahead of time - especially if I was a slow learner...  I'd want to do everything in my power for them to never have a question about me, my skills both in the studio and out communications wise, style etc.  I'd find an apartment near the Star and a job near by as well or one I could do at home... And i would have studied every prior episode of the show - so much hidden goodness in there.  (i've often wondered if the cut girls go back and watch to see if they are mentioned at all)  and I would have taken classes in every type of dance.  If KC Ashley had taken some modern dance classes she maybe might would have made the team.... for instance.  I just don't understand the girls that show up unprepared in all aspects.  

same!

(edited)
14 minutes ago, mittensgizmo said:

A ton of Dallas Girls tried out for Miami last weekend!

I saw that too, It looked like a lot of the  AA Ice Angels. If they all Make it, Stephanie is going to have to get a whole new team.  Congrats to them. I saw a lot of the same faces that auditioned for DCC. I saw Hunter B. in one of those clips, as well as Kelly S. ( popcorn Kelly)

Edited by mcmrdh
added popcorn kelly and hunter
14 hours ago, GingerJ said:

Well Judy won't be able to make the girls turn around and dance facing the wall now because they will be able to see their reflection in the windows,  LOL.  Seriously I can foresee a lot of new technology perks having a role this season which will hopefully make the size of the studio irrelevant. ( Just my thoughts)  Like maybe there are little hidden cameras every 10 feet throughout the entire studio from floor to ceiling capturing every body movement of the girls dancing, and they can watch a 3d image of each person that will show a graphic breakdown of each step, amount of force used, potential injury prone, their thoughts, their eating habits, commitment level, IQ, when they last tanned!!!  LOL 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

12 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

east it doesn't have puppy dog arms. 

Are you talking about when Judy said Taylor had puppy dog hands?  I always wondered what the@#@$#^% does that even mean??? She has paws 

(edited)
11 hours ago, ahndreeeah said:

You know, I don't fancy myself the sharpest tool in the box but it seems like paying a veteran for personal teaching time would be the fastest way to get ahead in training camp. This way you learn all the materialthat you can before camp even starts and you go in absolutely killing it.  I mean, it's pretty similar to when a cut TCC makes it back to camp; they already know most of the material depending on when they were cut the previous year. 

I wonder if there is a rule against vets helping TCC's prior to camp?

I just feel like, if being a DCC really is the end all be all of your childhood dreams, you do what you can to make the team. 

ETA: yes, I know that not every girl can afford to pay off a veteran. I know it's not realistic to think that all of the TCC's can take time off work to learn, etc. I'm just throwing it out there. Please don't yell at me. 

Edited by Ante
Clarification
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Ante said:

You know, I don't fancy myself the sharpest tool in the box but it seems like paying a veteran for personal teaching time would be the fastest way to get ahead in training camp. This way you learn all the materialthat you can before camp even starts and you go in absolutely killing it.  I mean, it's pretty similar to when a cut TCC makes it back to camp; they already know most of the material depending on when they were cut the previous year. 

I wonder if there is a rule against vets helping TCC's prior to camp?

I just feel like, if being a DCC really is the end all be all of your childhood dreams, you do what you can to make the team. 

I can't imagine it being against the rules especially if they let CMT know so they could film it lol. Seriously though the only problem I see is it looks like a lot of the vets took these few weeks to get out of Dallas for a vacation so it might be hard to find one to work with.

18 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I still would love to know why a 2017 TCC photo was never released.

I'd guess we're the reason why! I kid, I kid...maybe they will take the picture tonight to avoid anyone who had to be eliminated behind the scenes a la Sintia or an Alex Benvenuto?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

I'd guess we're the reason why! I kid, I kid...maybe they will take the picture tonight to avoid anyone who had to be eliminated behind the scenes a la Sintia or an Alex Benvenuto?

What's this backstory?

(edited)

I thought Alex B got released in the office? I swear I just watched her on season one. She had the dad she was creeeeepily close with right?

im so excited for tonight! 

Edited by Oklahomama
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

I thought Alex B got released in the office? I swear I just watched her on season one. She had the dad she was creeeeepily close with right?

im so excited for tonight! 

Did she ever make it to training camp??  And yes, I believe it was her stepdad & I definitely remember feeling icky watching them together 

Rewatching Seasons 3,4, &5 right now. Alex had some "speeding issues" but K & J eluded to other items they could not ignore. She was released from training camp in Season 3 and tried out but did not make training camp Season 2.

The Sintia (sp?) incident happened where a girl made TC after finals and then K & J found out something related to a criminal record and she was either released from TC or was never able to attend. Not sure what charged were, etc. The only reason people knew was from the Training Camp pic released from that year (not sure which year), Sintia was in the picture but had not appeared on the show. Can not recall what board contributor did the sleuthing.

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Alex B never made it to camp...she made it to finals and was 'top 20' before they found out about all her run-ins with the law lol  

Not in Season 2 but she did in Season 3.

5 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Are you talking about when Judy said Taylor had puppy dog hands?  I always wondered what the@#@$#^% does that even mean??? She has paws 

yes. It means that they're holding their hands lip at the wrist like when you doggie paddle or when little kits pretend to be dogs. Like a dog begging. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

Rewatching Seasons 3,4, &5 right now. Alex had some "speeding issues" but K & J eluded to other items they could not ignore. She was released from training camp in Season 3 and tried out but did not make training camp Season 2.

The Sintia (sp?) incident happened where a girl made TC after finals and then K & J found out something related to a criminal record and she was either released from TC or was never able to attend. Not sure what charged were, etc. The only reason people knew was from the Training Camp pic released from that year (not sure which year), Sintia was in the picture but had not appeared on the show. Can not recall what board contributor did the sleuthing.

I think Sintia made it fairly far into training camp bc I remember you can still catch her in the background way into the season. If I remember correctly, someone (maybe on one of the old boards) found her mugshot or an arrest record (something along those lines) and the charge date was like early August or sometime towards the end of training camp, but it definitely happened WHILE she was a TCC....at least from what was presented on the board at the time.

• Love 1
Just now, dccfan37 said:

Kashara just posted a training camp is tonight picture and hash tagged it "knockoutround". Could this year be her last???

Shut your filthy pie hole right now.

I hope she just means this is a round where you either win or feel like you've been knocked out if you're cut.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

Made it to camp in season 3?? wow, i must have totally blocked that from my mind.  i can't even picture her in the first day meeting, introducing herself...dang, i need to go rewatch that season I guess. 

For Sinitia they did a great job editing camp footage to barely show her there...she wasn't released until close to the end of camp for the criminal charge (assault and battery, i believe it was).  From someone who knew her, she was an outstanding dancer but just very immature and definitely had some 'bad habits.'  It seems like she is doing a lot better these days.  

• Love 2