Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Shelly, could you tell us why the girls are asking people to like and share their photos on facebook? It seems like they think it's a fan vote thing.

25 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Shelly, could you tell us why the girls are asking people to like and share their photos on facebook? It seems like they think it's a fan vote thing.

I suppose it's just to push the pics further on social media and reach all their family and friends. They were told there isn't a fan vote this year. 

• Love 3

Here's what I find disgusting:  We're asked to "like" the photos of the girls we like best.  However, by not showing them dancing, moving or even speaking, it comes down 100% to looks.  I thought DCC was a bit better than that.

• Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Here's what I find disgusting:  We're asked to "like" the photos of the girls we like best.  However, by not showing them dancing, moving or even speaking, it comes down 100% to looks.  I thought DCC was a bit better than that.

Think of it this way....the DCC page is just that. It has nothing to do with CMT, auditions or voting. It's just showing fans what has been going on through the week...retiring DCC, appearances and auditions. You can choose to "like" or just look. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 13

The FB page says: "Take a look at all the ladies that made it through to DCC final auditions this past weekend. Like your favorites!"  How are we to determine our favorites except based on looks given that you don't show or tell us anything else.  I love the DCC, but y'all should try to be better than that.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

The FB page says: "Take a look at all the ladies that made it through to DCC final auditions this past weekend. Like your favorites!"  How are we to determine our favorites except based on looks given that you don't show or tell us anything else.  I love the DCC, but y'all should try to be better than that.

I'm aware...it's still just a page to like. I'm sure the social media department was just trying to update the fans. If they hadn't posted at all, there would be anarchy ?

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 16
Just now, ShellyB said:

I'm aware...it's still just a page to like. im sure the social media department was just trying to update the fans. If they hadn't posted at all, there would be anarchy ?

Even though the fan vote was fun just to watch the girls move, I like the photos on FB.  Gives me a face to put with names, especially since so many of them won't end up featured on DCC: MTT.

Also, with so many of them posting videos on social media, I would imagine we will get to see most of them in some way or another.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

This finalist Julia is so fun to watch 

she is a lot of fun to watch...it's like she can't help showing how much fun she's having.

Oooo and she works with Evan Anderson!!! to me at least that is a GREAT sign.  Evan was a rockstar - so much fun to watch and great with the DCC style.  Hopefully she has been able to help this girl out with tryouts! 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, redfin said:

Alexis from the Mavs on the cover of the calendar 2 years ago

Screen-Shot-2015-11-25-at-10.18.51-AM.pn

This woman's looks are similar to Kelsey (she's much prettier than Kelsey IMO), so if she's a better dancer it could be trouble for Kelsey.

• Love 2

Going just by the Facebook pics which is kind of unfair because many just seem to be bad pics, but Joi, Briana, Emily, Tara, and Alex stood out to me (though Alex's facial structure is what is striking more than anything).  The former Mav in the post above (Alexis) is also very pretty. I agree that she as a similar look to Kelsey. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Going just by the Facebook pics which is kind of unfair because many just seem to be bad pics, but Joi, Briana, Emily, Tara, and Alex stood out to me

Briana from Nashville?  She is so pretty!  I think she looks a lot like Khalyn.

1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

I'm aware...it's still just a page to like. I'm sure the social media department was just trying to update the fans. If they hadn't posted at all, there would be anarchy ?

I love that they posted the pics for us fans who can't wait for August and MTT to see all the new girls for the first time! 

p.s. Dayton is a gorgeous girl, really rooting for her to make it to TC then to being a rookie on the squad! ❤️

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Briana from Nashville?  She is so pretty!  I think she looks a lot like Khalyn.

Yep, that Briana. She was on the dance team at University of Alabama. While I don't know her, I know some people who knew her at Alabama, and I didnt realize it until I clicked on her name on Facebook. Now, im really rooting for her lol!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

By my count, they have reps from 6 other NFL teams: Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Rams, and Titans

I would be trying to leave all those teams too ?

• Love 7
8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

No but I checked the photos on fb and I couldn't find her! I'm not sure though that she did audition.

Thank you. I did see her in a picture from tryouts but you are right her picture is not among the finalists. I am so sad. I hope she try's out again next year. 

(edited)
21 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

i'm surprised tho, he's not the only one like yuck, don't like them this year. WTF!!! man, i feel better about our boards here then.  we are like, the nicest people ever comparatively!  

I feel so bad for these girls...they just got done with two days of auditions, exhausted, hair and makeup a mess and they have to pose in front of an ugly curtain with someone getting them from a bad angle...and being 100% judged on that photo.  ugh.  I'd force myself to not even look at comments on my pic if i were them. 

I actually think there are lots of pretty girls this year and i never judge figures too harshly from a single pic.  

AGREEEEDD 100%. I keep waiting on the DCC organization to get a better photographer, IMO even the calendar pics could look 1000 x better. For instance when I look at other teams cheerleaders calendar shoots they are amazing. The girl named Alexandria who made it to DCC finals (TOTAL GIRL CRUSH) she is coming from the Patriots. I was looking at her instagram pics from the Patriots shoots and they are simply amazing!! Anyway, she has been added as my new fav, she is simply gorgeous and I would kill for her figure. 

On 5/8/2017 at 8:48 PM, mmm said:

This is her....

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

This woman's looks are similar to Kelsey (she's much prettier than Kelsey IMO), so if she's a better dancer it could be trouble for Kelsey.

Alexis from DMD is also in my top 10!!

Edited by DCCFAN71

Guys, Shelly was the one who took the photos and they were originally for the judges and not us lol

8 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Guys, Shelly was the one who took the photos and they were originally for the judges and not us lol

Yeah, I take back my remarks on DMV photos since we know now they weren't really taken for voting purposes and pretty last minute LOL 

31 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

AGREEEEDD 100%. I keep waiting on the DCC organization to get a better photographer, IMO even the calendar pics could look 1000 x better. For instance when I look at other teams cheerleaders calendar shoots they are amazing. The girl named Alexandria who made it to DCC finals (TOTAL GIRL CRUSH) she is coming from the Patriots. I was looking at her instagram pics from the Patriots shoots and they are simply amazing!! Anyway, she has been added as my new fav, she is simply gorgeous and I would kill for her figure. 

This is her....

Love Alexandria! she is a stunner.  I had no idea who Alexis was before this lol (I don't really follow Mavs tho) but she is def pretty.  I don't think she looks anything like Kelsey except the dark hair - she looks like she could be Jax's sister to me. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, I take back my remarks on DMV photos since we know now they weren't really taken for voting purposes and pretty last minute LOL 

I still think the girls think that the facebook photos are for voting lol

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

She is really pretty. Most girls are better dancers than Kelsey, so I don't think the looks have anything to do with it.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:
This finalist Julia is so fun to watch 

And she can definitely dance dcc style ^^ I just want them to shorten her hair SO badly. I watched all the dance clips on her account because I'm definitely not a stalker and although i loved her style i just couldn't concentrate because her hair were always covering her whole face. Easy fix though so hopefully she'll get to TC!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I still think the girls think that the facebook photos are for voting lol

They really do - a mom I know is literally begging people to click through the link and not just like her daughter's photo but to also comment telling DCC how her daughter should be on the team. The girl, her sisters and other relatives Are also sharing and doing the same. Meanwhile, another friend of mine is worried they will end up meaning something down the road and her daughter has relatively few votes. I keep telling her that the only thing they would ever mean is that her daughter gets into TC without Kelli and Judy wanting her there and if that's the case, she'd be cut anyway - but since there is no fan vote this year, it's all irrelevant. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Dlcmom said:

They really do - a mom I know is literally begging people to click through the link and not just like her daughter's photo but to also comment telling DCC how her daughter should be on the team. The girl, her sisters and other relatives Are also sharing and doing the same. Meanwhile, another friend of mine is worried they will end up meaning something down the road and her daughter has relatively few votes. I keep telling her that the only thing they would ever mean is that her daughter gets into TC without Kelli and Judy wanting her there and if that's the case, she'd be cut anyway - but since there is no fan vote this year, it's all irrelevant. 

Oh my gosh. Screenshot the post that Shelly made and send it to them lol

I remember reading that one of the girls that made it to semis had a hearing loss issue but I can't find the post about it - does anyone remember who that is and if she made it to finals?

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

Oh my gosh. Screenshot the post that Shelly made and send it to them lol

I did through text with the one mom - the other is just too over the top that it wouldn't matter at all what I said or what I showed her or even if Kelli engraved it in gold and sent it to her personally. I love both girls and their moms dearly but being a friend means accepting people for who they are and knowing they aren't gonna change??

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Dlcmom said:

I remember reading that one of the girls that made it to semis had a hearing loss issue but I can't find the post about it - does anyone remember who that is and if she made it 

That was Rachel Burns. She has dark hair and was wearing a dark green and gold outfit. She got cut after semis.

• Love 1

I didn't realize until I looked through the list of finalists but a ton have similar/the same names, there are 4 girls with names that are variations of Maddie/Madeline, 5 girls with names that are variations of Alexandria, 3 Emily's, 3 Brianna's + Brennan, 3 Kelly's + Kali, Tara + Taryn, and Giana + Gina. I just think it's interesting that there is only one Rachel and no Katie/Katherine since thats what everyone my age (20ish) seems to be named. It would be funny if the new rookies ended up being Emily, Emily, Emily, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Maddie, and Maddie. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

If all vets made it back how many 4th years and up would there be? I can only think of;

4: Erica and Lacey

5: Jinelle

6: Jenna

There must be more than that surely?

Nope, that's it.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

If all vets made it back how many 4th years and up would there be? I can only think of;

4: Erica and Lacey

5: Jinelle

6: Jenna

There must be more than that surely?

Nope that's it!

3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Most girls are better dancers than Kelsey, so I don't think the looks have anything to do with it.

I mean in the sense that Kelsey's look is what got her on the squad...now (IMO) her looks aren't all that unique, so there goes that advantage she had.

32 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

there are 4 girls with names that are variations of Maddie/Madeline

Yeah, I was wondering when Madeline became such a popular name!

14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I mean in the sense that Kelsey's look is what got her on the squad...now (IMO) her looks aren't all that unique, so there goes that advantage she had.

Yeah, I was wondering when Madeline became such a popular name!

Many of my friends/sorority sisters have daughters in the 18-24 age range and probably a dozen of them are named Maddy/Maddie/Madi/Maddi

They are Madelines and Madisons

4 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

This is her....

I too am on her bandwagon, she's amazing! I think it may be a bloodbath Saturday night. A bloodbath of those who are not memorable. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Celinda is gorgeous and very photogenic. Can't remember why she was cut last year but maybe she has improved? Also I can definately see the blonde Lexie from mavs in the uniform. 

DCC definitely needs great dancers but not everyone can be a Holly or Erica. Stunning girls who can dance well enough to be part of the team are also necessary. Examples, Kelsey L, Abigail Klein, Caila.  People expect to see beautiful women when the see DCC. The candidates this year are very attractive.   Should be one gorgepus team this year!

Edited by flightlevel
11 minutes ago, flightlevel said:

Celinda is gorgeous and very photogenic. Can't remember why she was cut last year but maybe she has improved? Also I can definately see the blonde Lexie from mavs in the uniform. 

DCC definitely needs great dancers but not everyone can be a Holly or Erica. Stunning girls who can dance well enough to be part of the team are also necessary. Examples, Kelsey L, Abigail Klein, Caila.  People expect to see beautiful women when the see DCC. The candidates this year are very attractive.   Should be one gorgepus team this year!

See, I feel like I can't see Lexie in the uniform! I feel like her torso may just be too short and boxy. I'm not sure!

11 minutes ago, flightlevel said:

Yes! I only saw two or three that were just "eh". It's going to be a beautiful squad photo! 

Csnt wait until this weekend!

• Love 2
(edited)

There's also a Lacey in the finals group! 

Miranda and Celinda. Both are super cute, hope they make it to TC!

IMG_2022.PNG

Edited by cvogue

I'm glad Popcorn Kelly made it to finals! Maybe with some experience and maturity she's not so nervous. My only concern is if she didn't make the cut at the Texans audition this year, will she be good enough for DCC? 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This makes me really sad. One thing I've learned from this show is every single member of this team has to pull her weight. You can't be on this team and just be good looking. Kelsey busted her ass prior to auditions and during training camp. She's worked hard all season and has kept up with her teammates. Reducing her contribution to the team as just there to be a pretty face really minimizes all of her effort, as well as her growth over the past year.

I heart you <3  Thank you for this. 

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This makes me really sad. One thing I've learned from this show is every single member of this team has to pull her weight. You can't be on this team and just be good looking. Kelsey busted her ass prior to auditions and during training camp. She's worked hard all season and has kept up with her teammates. Reducing her contribution to the team as just there to be a pretty face really minimizes all of her effort, as well as her growth over the past year.

Yes, yes, and yes. This is just reinforced for me right now too because I randomly decided to rewatch season eleven, and girl really worked hard. I adore her and I'm not worried about her going into finals.

• Love 14