Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I thought Yuko stuck out like a sore thumb in one of the prep class videos, but I haven't noticed her in a bad way in any of the actual DCC dance videos. I don't like how she was allowed to miss multiple practices last year, and there definitely seemed to be favoritism. However, I don't see a real reason to cut her at this point. I can't imagine that her English has regressed over the year, so it would seem to odd to cut her now if they were ok with the language barrier last year. It's not like she lied and said she was fluent in English. They knew it was an issue when she first made it.

Posted by shellyb on 8/20/2016:

As far as Yuko's absence is concerned, she was given permission to travel at the most opportune time. She left on a Friday- no rehearsal, Monday was a holiday and traveled back Tuesday. She was at rehearsal the rest of the week...I was there, it was rookie week. I've not been in the mix of what is going on with her visa, I only know that she had one that was short in duration. She was in America about 3 weeks before our auditions started, using up some of her time. 

Trust me in saying that if she was not a viable, qualified candidate to remain on the team, other decisions would have been made. The fact remains that she is cute, talented, fun to watch and extremely personable. Her only fault is that some wires were crossed when it came to her understanding what type of visa she needed. 

We have several audition inquiries every year from people outside of the US. As a rule, we inform them to check all of their countries rules and regulations for requiring visas with extended stay. I know Angela and Jinelle both worked on paperwork a full year before they auditioned. Whereas, other former DCC and training camp candidates from Mexico, didn't need as much lead time. 

• Love 5

I know someone has probably already said or mentioned it but are preliminary auditions tomorrow or this weekend? Or is it later in May? I haven't been on top of this year's auditions like I normally am. Anyone have a schedule?

Random thought: I was re-watching Season Six today and was surprised to see Christina, who made it to finals that year. I didn't think she'd been trying out that long. Am I right in thinking she's trying out again this year?

38 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I know someone has probably already said or mentioned it but are preliminary auditions tomorrow or this weekend? Or is it later in May? I haven't been on top of this year's auditions like I normally am. Anyone have a schedule?

Random thought: I was re-watching Season Six today and was surprised to see Christina, who made it to finals that year. I didn't think she'd been trying out that long. Am I right in thinking she's trying out again this year?

Preliminary Auditions
May 6

Semi-Final Auditions
May 7

Finalists Interview
May 12

Final Auditions
May 13

First Meeting with Training Camp Candidates
June 5

34 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Preliminary Auditions
May 6

Semi-Final Auditions
May 7

Finalists Interview
May 12

Final Auditions
May 13

First Meeting with Training Camp Candidates
June 5

THANK YOU!!!

46 minutes ago, Dallasgirl2004 said:

I have a friend trying out tomorrow so it will be interesting to hear her take on it from the inside!

Please, please, please keep us posted. And best of luck to your friend!

• Love 3

The young lady above is indeed cute--and she is significantly more fit than last year. Am I right in thinking she's the one who had a mini-meltdown tirade about girls who made it to Training Camp who only had tried out on a whim? If so, she has much to prove about maturity and trustworthiness as a potential organization ambassador. I must say, her Instagram handle makes me wonder. I'm not always sure what to think about people who feel they have to tell everyone that they're a "cutie," or hot, sexy, sassy, or whatever. Her handle makes me wonder if she's insecure or incredibly (overly?) confident. The handle plus last year's meltdown make me wonder if she has some sense of entitlement or inflated ego, or if she's all about herself rather than being a team player. If you really are those things (cutie, sexy, etc), I should notice that without having to be told. (I feel this way about Tasha's trophy t-shirt too.) 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, M1977G said:

The young lady above is indeed cute--and she is significantly more fit than last year. Am I right in thinking she's the one who had a mini-meltdown tirade about girls who made it to Training Camp who only had tried out on a whim? If so, she has much to prove about maturity and trustworthiness as a potential organization ambassador. I must say, her Instagram handle makes me wonder. I'm not always sure what to think about people who feel they have to tell everyone that they're a "cutie," or hot, sexy, sassy, or whatever. Her handle makes me wonder if she's insecure or incredibly (overly?) confident. The handle plus last year's meltdown make me wonder if she has some sense of entitlement or inflated ego, or if she's all about herself rather than being a team player. If you really are those things (cutie, sexy, etc), I should notice that without having to be told. (I feel this way about Tasha's trophy t-shirt too.) 

That was someone else. Her name was Megan. But yeah, I'm not a fan of this girl's handle either. She also should have had the sense to not wear a belly button ring to auditions even if it's a less noticeable one, but she's probably not going to make it anyway to be honest.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I can't believe she's been trying out for 10 years! I think she mentioned in an interview last year that she does it for fun to stay fit.  Go girl!

She also wrote a book about it apparently.  I think she actually wants to be on the team not just to stay fit 

29 minutes ago, Dallasgirl2004 said:

She also wrote a book about it apparently.  I think she actually wants to be on the team not just to stay fit 

Oh maybe it was someone else they interviewed. I can't remember exactly. But I love her determination!

My count is 2 sections of 7 rows, 5 girls to a row which would equal 140 girls trying out. I may be off but that's low

DCC Instagram posted a video of a group dancing and my friend is in it!  She's the one on the far right in yellow and white.

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

My count is 2 sections of 7 rows, 5 girls to a row which would equal 140 girls trying out. I may be off but that's low

But aren't there that many on either side of the dance floor?  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yes it is, especially when they were expecting a lot more due to the Cowboys kickass season. But let's be honest, Id wear those boots if every game was a blowout. 

I thought it was low too, my question is why is Kelsey Bond's cameo in the judges booth area... weird...  lol 

Anthony Ramos returned to judge.  He wished them luck via twitter.  

10 minutes ago, Dallasgirl2004 said:

DCC Instagram posted a video of a group dancing and my friend is in it!  She's the one on the far right in yellow and white.

But aren't there that many on either side of the dance floor?  

Can you post the video? I looked at the DCC Instagram and didn't see any dance videos from today. Good luck to your friend!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Josreason said:

I thought it was low too, my question is why is Kelsey Bond's cameo in the judges booth area... weird...  lol 

Anthony Ramos returned to judge.  He wished them luck via twitter.  

They've always used past DCC pictures for show. 

• Love 1

7 rows of 5 x 2 on each side and then the other side is 7 rows of 5 x 2 = 140. All the snapchats show very little turn out

3 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Can you post the video? I looked at the DCC Instagram and didn't see any dance videos from today. Good luck to your friend!

It's on their instagram stories you have to follow to see it. 

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

7 rows of 5 x 2 on each side and then the other side is 7 rows of 5 x 2 = 140. All the snapchats show very little turn out

I'm seeing differently on the stories. It look like two groups of 5x11 on each side to me. 

Rycroft is back. How...exciting 

I haven't posted on here in a long time, but maybe they knew about the low turnouts and that's why they've been excessively pushing people to register to audition lately. I feel like everyone had a post about why they auditioned and why we should all go for it. I don't think I've ever seen as many posts pushing people to audition before.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

it's on their Instagram story.  she's in the first group they show dancing.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Who are judges?

Based on their Instagram story, the regular judges, Sandy Newton, Fabio, Melissa,

Jay, Anthony Ramos, random older white  guys, Brenda, K, J, C, and I'm guessing Kristi although I didn't see her in the picture.  I didn't see Neal McCoy. 

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Josreason said:

Based on their Instagram story, the regular judges, Sandy Newton, Fabio, Melissa,

Jay, Anthony Ramos, random older white  guys, Brenda, K, J, C, and I'm guessing Kristi although I didn't see her in the picture.  I didn't see Neal McCoy. 

So why is Anthony Ramos a judge?  I remember being annoyed by him last year on MTT because he doesn't seem to have a reason to be there other than he's a friend of Kelli.  

• Love 1

I really can't tell from their snaps/photos but it still looks like a low turnout out at least 250ish

I don't mind a low turnout if it means the girls are of higher quality. I know Kelli likes to brag about the numbers, but quality > quantity. They really should stream auditions. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

It's on their instagram stories you have to follow to see it.

I'm seeing differently on the stories. It look like two groups of 5x11 on each side to me. 

Rycroft is back. How...exciting 

Thanks, I clearly don't know how to intarnat. ??I was able to see it without following though so that's good. Seeing these videos is getting me hyped!!

(edited)
2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I don't know that I am sophisticated enough with technology but will try.  See videos on twitter.  Any yes it looks slim in number of girls.  I can count in one photo, 8 rows on at least one side of 10 girls

Edited by cherryblossom
4 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I don't know that I am sophisticated enough with technology but will try.  See videos on twitter.  Any yes it looks slim in number of girls.  

The video turned out to actually be in their Instagram story, not a regular Insta post. I don't think you can link/post those. I'm just such a newb at social media that I didn't think to check the story.

Love Melissa being next to Judy. Please and no offense, but I do not think her mentoring job puts her in the same league as Judy, Kelli and Charlotte. In my opinion, she is only there because she is a "D List Celebrity" and she already had a contract with CMT.

And who is the blonde woman judge beside Anthony Ramos and the guy with the facial hair?

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And who is the blonde woman judge beside Anthony Ramos and the guy with the facial hair?

He's from Rebel Athletic, I believe: https://www.instagram.com/rebel_vpofdesign/

20 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Aside from finding Melissa's presence annoying, she looks really pretty here and like she maybe had work done (but in a good way?). 

IMG_1556.PNG

According to Melissa's IG she had BBL PhotoFacial and ProFractional Laser: 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Sarah99 said:

According to Melissa's IG she had BBL PhotoFacial and ProFractional Laser: 

The esthetician in me wants to scream at how much sun damage these girls do to themselves. the dark spots she has are from not using sunscreen. Tanning is not your friend.  

ok I'll see myself out now.

Edited by Dallasgirl2004
  • Love 9

Ok, I watched the first prelim video on DCC cheerleaders Twitter. I believe that as soon as the video starts if you look at the first girl closest to the camera on the left in pink that is Christina. Who was a RC in 2014. Did not make TC in 2015 and did not try out last year. I wish her luck because she has looked strong in her dancing videos in 2017. Next to her I hope is Ashley Gallagher, the Poison Pom dancing bomb we saw in a Mia prep class earlier this year. I think she is incredible. Then behind her I think I see Cristie Fisher who has spent the last year in so many different dance classes. 

l think last year 103 or 108 girls made it to Sundays tryouts. I wonder how many will move forward today if there really are only 150 girls there. 

Sarah posted this on Instagram and if you click on the image she's tagged all the girls she's prepped for auditions.  I saw Saundra on the DCC Insta story during freestyle and it's super jazzercize.