Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Ante said:

Woooooo!  CMT must have hired a new editor/mixer!  Hot damn, I felt on the edge of my seat for that whole preview!  Like I was watching a trailer for the newest summer blockbuster.  

I'm actually a wee bit SHOCKED that Tasha made show group without knowing who Sean Spicer is.  That didn't make her look very good.

I guess they are making them all taking political tests now so they know who EVERY politician is.  Ridiculous.

(edited)

Another suggestion is to listen to your local NPR (National Public Radio) station on the car radio when you are stuck in traffic.  NPR is found somewhere between 88 and 93 on the FM dial in most cities.  I have done this for years on my morning and evening commutes, usually with the kids in the car.  It is amazing how much even children learn about what is going on nationally and internationally by tuning in to Morning Edition in the a.m.  (generally between 6-9) and All Things Considered  (love Robert Siegel and Ari Shapiro) in the p.m. (generally between 4-8).  And you do not have to listen the whole time, I alternate between NPR and music frequently.

By the way, I know all of you know this already.  It is intended for a young audience. 

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, ahndreeeah said:

New promo from twitter!  looks great and harsh and AWESOME!!

Couldn't open the link, but looks like the same one already posted- is it different?

1 minute ago, GingerJ said:

Couldn't open the link, but looks like the same one already posted- is it different?

it's the same.  it popped up on my twitter feed - a nice break from my constant political feeds - and i hadn't seen it in here earlier today. but someone beat me to it by about 4 hours.  Curses!  lol....

As an aside - #1 how cool is it they get to be there when jerry jones is inducted into hall of fame? and 

#2 - bring back Kelli Pickler - she was my favorite guest judge - although Mrs Romo was very close #2.  kelli get it.  I loved the lead guitar analogy.

The source of the news doesn't matter. Just pick your favorite and be informed. Doesn't matter whether you like what they are saying or not. The positions of people are facts. Nothing changes that. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Java said:

I'm sort of surprised they didn't mention Holly's wardrobe malfunction. They weren't above it last year with Amy's almost-malfunction.

Holly is one of their star dancers.  Amy was just fodder for the show.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

The source of the news doesn't matter. Just pick your favorite and be informed. Doesn't matter whether you like what they are saying or not. The positions of people are facts. Nothing changes that. 

Christ. Exactly. Who cares where you stay current, but ffs, stay current 

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, ahndreeeah said:

it's the same.  it popped up on my twitter feed - a nice break from my constant political feeds - and i hadn't seen it in here earlier today. but someone beat me to it by about 4 hours.  Curses!  lol....

As an aside - #1 how cool is it they get to be there when jerry jones is inducted into hall of fame? and 

#2 - bring back Kelli Pickler - she was my favorite guest judge - although Mrs Romo was very close #2.  kelli get it.  I loved the lead guitar analogy.

Thank you for sharing though- it could have been different! And agree with #1 ??

@QuiteCalM- yes and she cheered for the Mavs in 2013. I'm not surprised Popcorn wants to be an SLP. We're fucking inspiring. ?

I can't figure out how to post link sizes small enough to share pics from Insta. I do my normal spiel and it won't let me add the attachment. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Java said:

I'm sort of surprised they didn't mention Holly's wardrobe malfunction. They weren't above it last year with Amy's almost-malfunction.

I'm not. Why would they? Especially considering there is no way she wouldn't have NOT made it back.

11 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Holly is one of their star dancers.  Amy was just fodder for the show.

Amy's was an "almost." Something they could show. 

• Love 1

Ok.... this has been bugging me.  I have a pretty clear and strong memory of Kelly Popcorn in a mugshot posted either on TWOP or here.  I think it was for driving.  If this  memory is correct, I'm surprised as they cut someone (Alex benvenuto) from finals for this.  Am I crazy? Does anyone else remember this?

No mugshot found for Popcorn. Kaitlyn LeGrand definitely has one. Alex B was arrested for a moving violation and I could never find anything else. I never understood why they felt the moving violation and mugshot were so terrible.

I was never on TWOP, though. Popcorn tried out and made TCC when she was barely out of high school.

• Love 1
(edited)
52 minutes ago, DAthene said:

Ok.... this has been bugging me.  I have a pretty clear and strong memory of Kelly Popcorn in a mugshot posted either on TWOP or here.  I think it was for driving.  If this  memory is correct, I'm surprised as they cut someone (Alex benvenuto) from finals for this.  Am I crazy? Does anyone else remember this?

oh, oh ,oh!!!  Now that you say that, I totally remember that too.  Like she looked sad yet still pretty in the mugshot (funny the things I can remember).  I want to say whoever posted it (not sure which forum) but it was a link from a police twitter or facebook because it lead to a whole discussion about the fact they post that stuff out there.  Anyways, I thought someone dug in & I want to say it turned out to be like outstanding tickets or something silly like that...but still sucks to have your mugshot out there....

Edited by GaveIn
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

i'll be on #teamvictoria with you!! i love her.  I think she will kill it next year.  I love the work ethic!! 

Me too! She works hard and is a beauty.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

i'll be on #teamvictoria with you!! i love her.  I think she will kill it next year.  I love the work ethic!! 

She's improving her power bit by bit, you can see it inching along. I can't wait for the Dayton / Victoria double legacy whammy! 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

No mugshot found for Popcorn. Kaitlyn LeGrand definitely has one. Alex B was arrested for a moving violation and I could never find anything else. I never understood why they felt the moving violation and mugshot were so terrible.

I was never on TWOP, though. Popcorn tried out and made TCC when she was barely out of high school.

I know this is the wrong forum for this (I can't get the post to copy right to move it to ST) but didn't Kaitlyn LeGrande only get "pulled over" for speeding and not arested/cited or am I missing something?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I know this is the wrong forum for this (I can't get the post to copy right to move it to ST) but didn't Kaitlyn LeGrande only get "pulled over" for speeding and not arested/cited or am I missing something?

Supposedly that was what happened the year she was cut, yes, but there is a mugshot that happened a little later, I believe for possession of meth paraphernalia.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

They mentioned references too so it was probably behavior reported by former dance teachers/employers.

• Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

@ShellyB Here's your etiquette dinner challenge. Craziest looking French onion soup ever. The cheesy bread is hanging from a hook. Anyone who can figure out how to eat this without making it a big honkin' mess deserves Show Group Forever! 

IMG_2523.PNG

Queen Elizabeth herself would be covered in grease and bits of cheese after eating that. Probably for the best as I don't think she would look good in the uniform.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

@ShellyB Here's your etiquette dinner challenge. Craziest looking French onion soup ever. The cheesy bread is hanging from a hook. Anyone who can figure out how to eat this without making it a big honkin' mess deserves Show Group Forever! 

IMG_2523.PNG

That looks like a modified grilled cheese/tomato soup combo, not French onion. Looks delicious!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

IMG_2523.PNG

I would ask the server to have to kitchen plate the bread... Um.... Horizontally alongside the soup. Then, just eat it with a fork and knife! Like George Costanza on a snickers bar! 

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

sNo mugshot found for Popcorn. Kaitlyn LeGrand definitely has one. Alex B was arrested for a moving violation and I could never find anything else. I never understood why they felt the moving violation and mugshot were so terrible.

Moved post to Former DCCs/Other season thread.

Edited by MrsEVH
9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:
10 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I found one for Grace Sells from 2010 which kind of disappointed me because I am a fan of hers. There's 2 out there for Alex Benvenuto;   Dallas 2011 (DUI) and Florida 2004  (petty theft)..

Oooo what'd she do?

5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

IMG_2523.PNG

Looks delicious! 

• Love 3

Kelli appears to be on vacation.  Is this rookie week?

6 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

She's improving her power bit by bit, you can see it inching along. I can't wait for the Dayton / Victoria double legacy whammy! 

@ShellyB  do you think Sam Finglass will ever audition and have you heard if her brother has pro football aspirations?

(Sorry for OT)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Kelli appears to be on vacation.  Is this rookie week?

@ShellyB  do you think Sam Finglass will ever audition and have you heard if her brother has pro football aspirations?

(Sorry for OT)

It is not rookie week, this is the time they always take vacation. Not sure if Sam will audition. Sometimes she mentions it in passing, but she also highly intelligent and driven, with thoughts of law school and/or med school. She has both a dance and competitive cheer background, so ya never know. I believe Ryan is focused on school and has laid football to rest. He is also a great Lacrosse player. 

• Love 8
On 7/13/2017 at 7:59 PM, QuiteCalM said:

"It offends me".

Offense is a choice.  LOL Its all good I was in an irritable mood when I typed that. 

3 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Looks delicious! 

well I think you would use a knife and a fork to pull the thing off the hook, then put in on a plate and cut it with a knife and fork and no snipping cheese with your fingers or else!!! lol

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Offense is a choice.  LOL Its all good I was in an irritable mood when I typed that. 

well I think you would use a knife and a fork to pull the thing off the hook, then put in on a plate and cut it with a knife and fork and no snipping cheese with your fingers or else!!! lol

So is willful ignorance. 

• Love 1

It is not rookie week, this is the time they always take vacation. Not sure if Sam will audition. Sometimes she mentions it in passing, but she also highly intelligent and driven, with thoughts of law school and/or med school. She has both a dance and competitive cheer background, so ya never know. I believe Ryan is focused on school and has laid football to rest. He is also a great Lacrosse player. 

All of her tweets and posts on social media leave me to believe she is very focused on school right now so that wouldn't surprise me at all to see her go to law or med school. 

On 7/13/2017 at 6:03 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Lot of rookies made the calendar!

She looks like Nicole Scheringzher from Pussycat Dolls.

I looked her up because this doesn't seem like a great picture- she's very pretty and exotic!

They sound grounded and focused! Not that dance and football aren't legit careers, especially given their mom's role in the Cowboys organization. But I love that she raised them with roots and wings.

8 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Ill not be making any more comments of that nature as it seems to spark some unfriendly responses. 

I wasn't calling YOU willfully ignorant. I am referring to the legion of willfully ignorant mentioned in this thread.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Moving to Formers.

10 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

God I HATE not having a separate thread for this! Have they announced the squad? Are they still making cuts? Is Christina still there? Who is in?! Who is out?! UGH!

Currently out:

Madeline Malloy

Brianna 

Celinda 

Erin

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Currently out:

Madeline Malloy

Brianna 

Celinda 

Erin

Thank you. This is like in the movies when granny with dementia FREAKS OUT because she had a terrible day and she's all triggered and confused. You are my xanax.

• Love 5

This was posted on youtube a few weeks ago so it not be new to everyone but most of these gals are show group but there is one I cant recognize. I circled her. I copied the video link if anyone wants me to attach it in a separate post.596ab64c00848_DCCJune2017.thumb.jpg.c490c4134214394258cf1ef92e80a36b.jpg

I left out a word above. Meant to say it MAY not be new

Sorry its so blurry and writing is small.

29 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

This was posted on youtube a few weeks ago so it not be new to everyone but most of these gals are show group but there is one I cant recognize. I circled her. I copied the video link if anyone wants me to attach it in a separate post.596ab64c00848_DCCJune2017.thumb.jpg.c490c4134214394258cf1ef92e80a36b.jpg

I left out a word above. Meant to say it MAY not be new

Sorry its so blurry and writing is small.

Kelsey?