Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Yeah, I don't get it either. I don't mind her at all.

I was just re watching when she had to leave because of her injury. Kelli mentioned to Judy that she really liked her personality. She seems really sweet.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:

I was just re watching when she had to leave because of her injury. Kelli mentioned to Judy that she really liked her personality. She seems really sweet.

I liked Christina up until she spoke to K & J about her "injury".  Like Kalibean said upthread there was something off about it. It just rubbed me the wrong way - kind of like how Vivian said something like "even if you're hurt, you're doing the jump split Viv!" in that one episode.   Like, yeah, it's part of being a DCC so stretch that shit out and suck it up. 

Nowadays, I don't mind Christina. She's just kind of...there. I personally don't see her as a DCC and I don't think she has the DCC style but what do I know  

Sorry I am being harsh, I'm pretty cranky. I'll see myself out tonight. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Ante said:

I liked Christina up until she spoke to K & J about her "injury".  Like Kalibean said upthread there was something off about it. It just rubbed me the wrong way - kind of like how Vivian said something like "even if you're hurt, you're doing the jump split Viv!" in that one episode.   Like, yeah, it's part of being a DCC so stretch that shit out and suck it up. 

Nowadays, I don't mind Christina. She's just kind of...there. I personally don't see her as a DCC and I don't think she has the DCC style but what do I know  

Sorry I am being harsh, I'm pretty cranky. I'll see myself out tonight. 

If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me....

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't think anybody could argue with the bolded part!  I'm sure they are all excited to be on the team, but since, unlike when Shelly was on the squad, there is "a point girl" I can't believe they wouldn't consider being front & center a huge honor.

Had a point girl on show group, games rotated among 3, maybe 4 of us and if I remember it was between leaders. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ShellyB said:

games rotated among 3, maybe 4 of us and if I remember it was between leaders. 

I like this, it would be nice if they went that route again!

Maybe it's my memory, and I can't rewatch any of the seasons, but I don't recall Christina being whiny or annoying in any way.  If anything, I remember rooting for her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I like this, it would be nice if they went that route again!

I believe they were rotating point last year at first. Also I recall Shelly saying that point changes with each game (or can change).

12 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Sarah's comment ? (Not sure if the link shows you the comments or not)

Ughhh Sarah always needs to get a word in. I have an in-law like that. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

I believe they were rotating point last year at first. Also I recall Shelly saying that point changes with each game (or can change).

Ughhh Sarah always needs to get a word in. I have an in-law like that. 

Hey me too!

i don't understand the Christina hate either. She seemed fine and dandy whichever season she was on. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, mittensgizmo said:

Can I admit something......I don't mind Christina that much and kind of like her........don't hurt me lol

Same 

10 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me....

Not on my side, I'm already there. ? 

• Love 2

Good morning savages, I've been MIA for a couple of weeks, I'm trying to finish a wedding dress for a client getting married this weekend. I am just wanting to know if there have been any cuts yet? 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Good morning savages, I've been MIA for a couple of weeks, I'm trying to finish a wedding dress for a client getting married this weekend. I am just wanting to know if there have been any cuts yet? 

Just one that we know of :) 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

I believe they were rotating point last year at first.   Also I recall Shelly saying that point changes with each game (or can change).

Yeah, they were, but I believe only between Jennifer & Jenna.  I like the idea of rotating the GLs.  She said about it changing for each game when she was a DCC, I don't think she meant currently.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Same 

Not on my side, I'm already there. ? 

HAHA! Well of COURSE not!

4 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

I LOVE YOU!

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, they were, but I believe only between Jennifer & Jenna.  I like the idea of rotating the GLs.  She said about it changing for each game when she was a DCC, I don't think she meant currently.

Me, too, as long as the GLs can handle it *shade thrown*, but I do like the idea of rotating.

• Love 2
On 6/20/2017 at 2:52 AM, SnoopyJam said:

Jenna's scar has not ever bothered me, I think its neat these girls are not afraid to perform despite crazy opinions over little things.

I do not want Jenna to be point, but it seems sadly inevitable. If only Melissa or Jen K were still here, I'd root for them... so I am now team ERICA FOR POINT! With Lacey and Jenna behind her. My guess is Holly will move up too, unless she gets the spot behind point.

With the lack of blondes, I can see Maggie or Heather O moving way up in the triangle this year and then in triangle next year.

I started this question about the top 3 and never gave my prediction....lololol

I think it will be Jenna at point and to your comment about a lack of blondes... I think Amy L and Erica will back Jenna. 

I love Jenna and Erica for point. I say Jenna because she was already in the point of the triangle last year and now that Melissa and Jenn K have retired then what reason would they have not to move her up. JMO.

On 6/20/2017 at 1:42 PM, ByTor said:

I think it actually is a fairly big deal.  Shelly mentioned that it wasn't a big deal specifically during her tenure because it was a different person for every game, but obviously things are different now.

Agreed! I think it is a big deal. The favorite DCC of K&J always ends up being point girl! This point position to me is the one that K&J can trust 100% in all aspects of being a DCC and they know every dance, formation, etc. like the back of their hands and can speak DCC. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Based on these photos:  pictured are Brennan, Gina, Savannah, Brianna, Alexis, Keyra, 

and 

miranda (?), Alexandra Stav, Molly, Madeline,  and Kalyssa.  

Not pictured are Rachel, Christina, Lauren, Celinda, Taryn, Erin, and Tara: one of them is cut... ? 

Lexie can be seen in Shelly's angle of this video right behind him! 

IMG_3613.PNG

IMG_3614.PNG

Edited by Jaxratchet
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I honestly know nothing about the TCCs this year. Out of the four named above that the cut is supposedly narrowed down to, I only know who Erin is. Sigh. I need more info.

Is it August 3 yet?

5MQ8d.gif

• Love 8
On 6/17/2017 at 2:42 PM, Oklahomama said:

hmmmmm

Grateful it is NOT  the guy Ramos from ET...  it was so awkward at the end of the last season when he tried to rally the newly crowned DCC.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ahndreeeah said:

Grateful it is NOT  the guy Ramos from ET...  it was so awkward at the end of the last season when he tried to rally the newly crowned DCC.  

Omg!  I felt the exact same way about that scene!!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I can't imagine it being Erin, she got a Barbie!

Having a great solo doesn't necessarily mean she'll be great at the DCC style, but yeah, regardless of that I doubt they would cut someone of her ability level this early on even if she was struggling with the DCC style. (Unless it was for non-dance reasons which is always a possibility.)

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Having a great solo doesn't necessarily mean she'll be great at the DCC style, but yeah, regardless of that I doubt they would cut someone of her ability level this early on even if she was struggling with the DCC style. (Unless it was for non-dance reasons which is always a possibility.)

What about "jacked-up-rack"?  I didn't see her in the clips... and i'm so god they finally brought in a full-on hip hop choreographer... instead of one that does hip hop lite...  (some similar moves, less filling)...  Some dancers will totally flail doing his dance style....  I noticed a look of fear/panic on some girls in pink....  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jaxratchet said:

That's cool where did you find this out at? 

Shelly hinted that the first cut was the same day they picked group leaders & squads (Wed the 14th).  Kelly posted pics on Twitter on Sat (17th) of Media training day~we definitely saw Molly, Gina, Lauren, Miranda, Alexis, Celinda and possibly Brennan and Madeline.   Mon (19th) between Kelli and Shelly's videos and pics, you can see Brennan, Gina, Keyra, Brianna, Savannah, Lexie, Molly, Kalyssa, Alexis, Madeline, Alexandria, Christina and half of a tall brunette (probably Miranda.)  And I think I see Tara in one of the pics~ but I'm not sure.  Anyway, Kristi Scales said there were 44 in TC (25 vets with 19 rookies) --that leaves 4 unaccounted for: Erin, Rachel, Tara and Taryn....  phew!   And, of course, by now they could've cut somebody else, too....  lol

47 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

No I totally agree! I just think a first cut for a Barbie recipient is a little rare! But who knows!

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, ahndreeeah said:

What about "jacked-up-rack"?  I didn't see her in the clips... and i'm so god they finally brought in a full-on hip hop choreographer... instead of one that does hip hop lite...  (some similar moves, less filling)...  Some dancers will totally flail doing his dance style....  I noticed a look of fear/panic on some girls in pink....  

Do you mean Miranda? Yeah...her enhancements are terrifying, but I believe she's been spotted post cut so she's probably safe for now. I agree with the majority's opinion that she doesn't really have the look.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Tootie said:

We've already narrowed it down to Erin, Rachel, Tara or Taryn. (1st cut)

You guys are good!! from blurry screenshots, dang!  

I will just say that getting the DCC style down is really important.  If you are struggling horribly with it and they don't see potential to pick it up quickly...tonight is your last night.  lol 

43 minutes ago, radishcake said:

House rules: no politics which includes pictures. Just a heads up.

I must have missed something the only thing political I've seen is an ad with a pic of the current president. Or maybe I just skipped past a post thinking it was an ad but this is a good rule thanks.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

You guys are good!! from blurry screenshots, dang!  

I will just say that getting the DCC style down is really important.  If you are struggling horribly with it and they don't see potential to pick it up quickly...tonight is your last night.  lol 

I think Rachel is the rookie to the left of the choreographer? (Sort of blends in with the vets). Tara is in the back row. Is Taryn in the front?

If im reading into what Lauren said, I would guess Erin was cut... she's more of a classical dancer than poms. 

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think erin is the one behind Lauren and Taryn. That means all four of Tootie's are in this picture... so between shelly's pic and Kelli's pic I still don't see Celinda  in these photos... 

Unless, the girl in the back may be Celinda, that means it's Erin that cut! 

Edit: I think I see Miranda and Christina in the Bree video Shelly posted.  

In other news watching those videos @ShellyB posted I can't help but think Keyra is adorbs and Kalyssa is smoke! 

Edited by Jaxratchet
Clarification to avoid confusion.

So weird that Erin was possibly the cut one and got a Barbie! I'm obviously reading so far into this, ha! But you would think they would give her a little time to see what she could do? Maybe she just wasn't cutting it!

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

I think erin is the one behind Lauren and Taryn. That means all four of Tootie's are in this picture... so between shelly's pic and Kelli's pic I still don't see Celinda  in these photos... 

Unless, the girl in the back may be Celinda, that means it's Erin that cut! 

Edit: I think I see Miranda and Christina in the Bree video Shelly posted.  

In other news watching those videos @ShellyB posted I can't help but think Keyra is adorbs and Kalyssa is smoke! 

The girl in the back is petite and more athletic like Tara, Erin is tall and lean. 

2 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

I think Rachel is the rookie to the left of the choreographer? (Sort of blends in with the vets). Tara is in the back row. Is Taryn in the front?

If im reading into what Lauren said, I would guess Erin was cut... she's more of a classical dancer than poms. 

I agree, that does look like Rachel.  I think Christina is the one hidden by the choreographer (with the short, short blonde hair.)  Then we have Holly in the back.  Next to her, I feel like it's Tara?  Her and Gina have similar hair cuts, but I think Gina's is more layered. (Not sure, though--it's harder to tell on "action" shots.)  Lauren is next.  But the one in front...not sure!  I think Celinda, Kalyssa and Taryn all look similar and they are hard to tell apart in dancing pics.  Kalyssa definitely has the longer hair of the 3~ but you can't tell here.  Maybe the one in front is Taryn with Celinda right behind??  I don't think Erin is in this pic either, she's close to Brianna's height, I believe.  (or should I say heighth?! lol)

• Love 2

Christina posted an instagram story of her wearing the normatech recovery thing and I've seen a lot of girls wearing that at the Star so she definitely wasn't cut.

15 hours ago, Jaxratchet said:

That's cool where did you find this out at? 

Wait, I say Taryn in the pictures with the male choreographer.

9 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

So weird that Erin was possibly the cut one and got a Barbie! I'm obviously reading so far into this, ha! But you would think they would give her a little time to see what she could do? Maybe she just wasn't cutting it!

Erin is an amazing dancer.. I hope she is still there. What about DMD Lexie..has she been spotted?

(edited)
59 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Wait, I say Taryn in the pictures with the male choreographer.

Erin is an amazing dancer.. I hope she is still there. What about DMD Lexie..has she been spotted?

Yes you can see Lexie in videos that are on shelly's Instagram. 

9 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

The girl in the back is petite and more athletic like Tara, Erin is tall and lean. 

Tara has the Mackenzie weeks style blonde bob and she is right behind the choreographer next to Lauren lama

something else I noticed? Holly's hair color is really dark and I don't like it. 

Edited by Jaxratchet
2 hours ago, Jaxratchet said:

Yes you can see Lexie in videos that are on shelly's Instagram. 

Tara has the Mackenzie weeks style blonde bob and she is right behind the choreographer next to Lauren lama

something else I noticed? Holly's hair color is really dark and I don't like it. 

I dont if you recall when Holly first tried out her hair was dark brown and I also don't like it. It ages her and washes her out. Looking at her IG from a few years back, I think she is a natural blonde or really light brown. They cant seem to make up their minds with her hair color. They did the same thing with Kelsey Bond's hair, you never knew what to expect with her hair color. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I dont if you recall when Holly first tried out her hair was dark brown and I also don't like it. It ages her and washes her out. Looking at her IG from a few years back, I think she is a natural blonde or really light brown. They cant seem to make up their minds with her hair color. They did the same thing with Kelsey Bond's hair, you never knew what to expect with her hair color. 

exactly. We saw this with Loren, and now Milan as well! 

As a dance mom (not a dancer) here are my thoughts about being point. It’s really cool when your girl is front and center, but it’s fine when she’s not. This year mine was a college rookie* and did some time in the back, which was also fine, but also was on the end a lot where she was more visible, which was pretty cool, and got some front row time in the competition routine, which was a nice bonus. So it’s nice to be seen, but it’s not that cutthroat.

Also, in both high school and college dance, there is a noticeable difference between the girls who come straight from studio and the ones with team experience in terms of how precise and sharp they are. They may be amazing dancers, but don’t have the experience of having to be perfectly in sync with everyone else. It takes some studio girls a full year to catch on. That’s why at least some great dancers can’t hack TC. It would be interesting to analyze the success of college dancers versus non-college dancers in making the team. I suspect it's a huge advantage.

*Mom brag: Rookie of the Year!

• Love 17

Congrats on being mom of the rookie of the year, @Law Mom! That must be so great to watch your daughter perform at the college level. 

I'm beyond mystified by how some of y'all know who any of the rookies are! Whoever they are, some of them are gorgeous. Some others, however, may not have been taking their most flattering pics in the group photos. I can't wait to see them all dancing! 

As for Christina, I agree she seems sweet and cute and she's a good dancer, but I don't think she's a great dancer or performer, and I will be surprised if she makes it through training camp. I don't hate her (I have no reason to!), but I'm not actively rooting for her and I am unsympathetic about her flexibility.  Last time she had an injury and was "sure" she could get the kicks up and splits right if they just gave her "a little more time" -- but that was at least two years ago, so I don't know how much more time she would need to be able to do the splits. Some bodies just don't do that. All that says, I love the short blonde hair on her. 

I love Lacey and she's one of my favorite performers on the squad, but I think she'd look weird in a triangle with Jenna and Erica if she weren't at point because of her height. I think it would make the triangle look imbalanced. With a shortie at point, Lacey would be great right behind point and still would get photographed lots (unlike Erica, who was too petite to be visible back there). 

• Love 1