Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I bleach my hair/do a full facial/spray tan/pedi/mani every other week in my universally acclaimed DCC bathroom and this is my soundtrack. It's comforting candy.

Ha! Well I'm not!

Comforting candy- that's exactly it!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I was going by what years they said they danced for RDRETS but maybe they just missed each other a year. I guess @ShellyB would know better than me. 

Yes, by one season.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/11/2017 at 2:15 PM, SSgirl971 said:

Edited by GingerJ
Wrong place
6 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Just saw this on twitter.

Isn't this awfully EARLY in the game for this?

Did they give Brennan extensions? I'm rooting for her this year. She looks like they are giving her the vavoom factor she needs... 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Didn't Kelli have issues with Colby's smirk?  Oh. Here's some news. I am in stroke rehab, and about 2 minutes from the STAR. I wish they'd come visit me.

Best wishes for recovery!!! 

4 hours ago, ShellyB said:

They were all on college pom at their universities and newly graduated when they made it to TC.

Yes! Allie and Miranda were at U of Arkansas! Woo Pig Sooie!!!! That's my team, even though I actually went to Arkansas State!

1 hour ago, Tootie said:

I'm sure she's not pissed!  Looks like they haven't done anything yet.  I know I don't smile the whole time I'm getting my hair cut....

I realize that! I wasn't even looking at her when I zoomed in. I was trying to figure out who the blondes were beside her; then, I saw her in the mirror, and it was just not the expression I expected. Mainly because from what I have seen she always has the sweetest face! 

Edited by Jaxratchet
  • Love 1

Obviously she had no idea somebody was snapping a photo from up above...  but it gives me anxiety so completely agree, my brother is a barber and hair stylist in a well established All men's shop near Little Rock called art of men's cuts, and I still prefer to go to his wife, because she will cut my hair appropriately (the way boring ole me likes) 

17 hours ago, Jaxratchet said:

Tell me this is Keyra! I zoomed in on my iPad and I saw her reflection in the mirror! She looks pissed

image.png

Not angry, just nervous, very nervous. I mean, pardon the southern expression, 'Like a dog shi&#ing a peach?seed nervous'. I would be too. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Not angry, just nervous, very nervous. I mean, pardon the southern expression, 'Like a dog shi&#ing a peach?seed nervous'. I would be too. 

I don't even see nervousness; I just see someone not smiling.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

OMG hubby says that all the time lol! 

• Love 1
On 6/10/2017 at 3:25 PM, dccfan37 said:

They're really trying to do VS haha. Pointing to the singers, etc haha. But it seems like none of them can walk in heels

Wow, now I see why Hunter was/is working so hard on her body. I've been following the dolphins auditions this year because of all of the Dallas dancers and it is interesting to see the differences in the audition process. I saw Brooke on the judges panel on the dolphins snap chat yesterday..she looks great, I think she recently had her baby. Does anyone know if she had a boy or girl? The dolphins auditions seem to be pretty hardcore, they have a face to face interview, 3 rounds of dancing, a swimsuit fashion show that includes Q&A and then training camp. I also noticed that Jenny the IA former dancer was invited to their swim suit calendar trip and she has not even made the squad...that's interesting, 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCFAN71 said:

The dolphins auditions seem to be pretty hardcore, they have a face to face interview, 3 rounds of dancing, a swimsuit fashion show that includes Q&A and then training camp. I also noticed that Jenny the IA former dancer was invited to their swim suit calendar trip and she has not even made the squad...that's interesting, 

i noticed on Whitney's (tall disinterested TCC candidate from last year - cut early) was also invited to calendar shoot.  but she did just post she made it to TC...  https://www.instagram.com/itswhitnaay/  .....  or maybe it's just the bikini contest part of the try outs. can't tell....

3 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Wow, now I see why Hunter was/is working so hard on her body. I've been following the dolphins auditions this year because of all of the Dallas dancers and it is interesting to see the differences in the audition process. I saw Brooke on the judges panel on the dolphins snap chat yesterday..she looks great, I think she recently had her baby. Does anyone know if she had a boy or girl? The dolphins auditions seem to be pretty hardcore, they have a face to face interview, 3 rounds of dancing, a swimsuit fashion show that includes Q&A and then training camp. I also noticed that Jenny the IA former dancer was invited to their swim suit calendar trip and she has not even made the squad...that's interesting, 

I think they also have to appear in a bikini in front of dorie and the director sometime between prelims and finals. It's just the dancer and 2-3 people but it has to be nerve wracking, up close and personal. Scary!

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I think they also have to appear in a bikini in front of dorie and the director sometime between prelims and finals. It's just the dancer and 2-3 people but it has to be nerve wracking, up close and personal. Scary!

I agree and I forgot that the finals are open to the public. So, they had to dance for the judges and strangers... 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Brooke is still pregnant with a boy. 

• Love 2

Question regarding dances: do they learn the same dances each training camp and then just add on new ones as new songs get added to the playlist?

Just curious. When I attended a game a couple of years ago, for the sideline dances, which often were quite short during time outs and stoppages, etc, the 4 groups were not always doing the same dances to the same songs (which is similar to how we did sidelines back many years ago when I was in high school -captain chose what sideline dance based on what the band played), but during the episodes, J&K have acted like specific songs go with specific dances. It may be a difference between sidelines and quarter change dances, but I'm curious. 

Hopefully that all made sense!

9 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

@ShellyB will Kelli, Judy, and you please demonstrate the field entrance for the rookie candidates this year? I remember Kelli saying she could do it if she wanted. I know we would LOVE to see K&J&S show them how it's done!

Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Brooke Sorenson Nix former DCC and choreographer for the Dolphins cheerleaders.

Thanks, I thought that was who we were talking about, I just didn't know she worked for the Dolphin's cheerleaders. I'm happy for her. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

I guess this confirms more Jay segments this year. 

hmmmm unsure of how I feel about this.  I mean, do any of them actually work out with Jay?  Cause Holly has her own trainer no?  Plus I'd rather see what these girls eat on a daily basis than how they work out.  They must burn a gazillion calories during dance class and practices

• Love 3

Poor Tess, I mean Jess, I mean Bess. 

18 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That guys kicks ain't too shabby. I'm still waiting for the day a guy tries to audition. 

They have before, possibly two in the past decade?  @ShellyB?

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I'll preface this by saying I LOVE Erica. She is beautiful, well-spoken, and a fantastic dancer. However, it always cracks me up when I hear any of these girls say "Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader" (she said it at about :32) when Jordan Baum got a handy dandy second asshole ripped by Charlotte for saying there was no S on Cowboy in her interview years ago. Erica only said it once and said it correctly two other times, but it still just makes me chuckle. I hope she doesn't get a dressing down for her silent S.

• Love 5

I'm sure she's just goofing. Her leg isn't wrapped or anything. 

Side-thought, Kelsey's been posting trips to Vegas and Cabo. I wonder if she had some rare permission to miss a day of TC or *gasp* was she cut. Don't want to jump to conclusions since she still has her Twitter and doesn't list "former", just thought it was interesting.

On 6/6/2017 at 8:44 PM, MamaV said:

This. I just rewatched season 6. Angela showed up at panel interviews wearing a long sleeved blouse buttoned up and a skirt of a respectable length. She looked like someone dressed professionally for a job interview while the others were dressed like they were going clubbing. That scene still makes me laugh. Guess she didn't realize you were supposed to show skin at the interview. 

Is there any vets that did not make it back this year?  From the photo, it looks like a few are missing.

29 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Side-thought, Kelsey's been posting trips to Vegas and Cabo. I wonder if she had some rare permission to miss a day of TC or *gasp* was she cut. Don't want to jump to conclusions since she still has her Twitter and doesn't list "former", just thought it was interesting.

Don't they get the weekend off? The one photo looks like she went to a wedding. Her boyfriend is very handsome.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

These trips were before training camp

• Love 1
Just now, RhiRhi said:

These trips were before training camp

The recent Vegas one was a weekend I see now, just hoping the Cabo one is a throwback because it'd ruin my #TeamKelsey campaign if she's out.

• Love 4

It looks like a lot of the vets are missing from the photo with all the girls.  I just can not think of who is not there from last year.  Also is there anyone trying this year who was on previous shows but got cut? I  only recognized one name on the list which was Celinda's.   

1 minute ago, Tonya50 said:

It looks like a lot of the vets are missing from the photo with all the girls.  I just can not think of who is not there from last year.  Also is there anyone trying this year who was on previous shows but got cut? I  only recognized one name on the list which was Celinda's.   

Which photo are you referring to? If you're wondering about this years team, Raylee, Allie, and HeatherH were cut. 

Thank you HowdeeDo for replying to my message, I was page 71 and was responding to the first night of Training Camp Jenna posted on Instagram.  I am new to the group and I  am not sure how to reply to post on a particular thread :(