Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Omg if that was her choreography, it was the same thing I've seen every heels class everywhere lol

45 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I know you mean me :'(

Seriously, why are you so rude all the time? You're practically insufferable. ??

(J/k love you.)

So heel. Much original. (Basic choreography aside though I think Christina looks good and I enjoy watching her. Hope she can kick worth a damn this time because if not, I CAN'T EVEN.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tootie said:

Looks like she's having trouble with that split...

thumbnail_Screenshot_2017-06-01-01-34-33.jpg

As Kelli would say, she's not touching the turf with all her glory.

2 hours ago, Tootie said:

• Love 5
1 hour ago, crazydegulady said:

Meh I found her kind of boring in that clip.

I did too. She had no pop, no presence. I hope she's better than that in training camp. Otherwise, I see a "tonight is your last night" in her future. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Compare Amy L's posture with Christina hunched over. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Just based on her split I'm surprised they're giving Christina another shot. Her kicks must be much better if they think she can perfect the split in TC. Unless they're just hoping for the best like last time.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 3

Sorry but totally off topic-has anyone else noticed that Miranda is totally plastic ?? I looked at pics from Arkansas and there is is HUGE difference.   If we are talking about "Americas Sweethearts" multiple enhancements should not qualify.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SanLynn said:

Just based on her split I'm surprised they're giving Christina another shot. Her kicks must be much better if they think she can perfect the split in TC. Unless they're just hoping for the best like last time.

I wonder if the photo may have been taken before she was all the way down. Or maybe the judges didn't notice? With all the talent in the running, it seems nutty to bring someone into TC who has already been there and ought to know what the standards are.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

And little Heather got axed.... I shake my fist at Kelli and Judy. Vigorously. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, lfedncr said:

Sorry but totally off topic-has anyone else noticed that Miranda is totally plastic ?? I looked at pics from Arkansas and there is is HUGE difference.   If we are talking about "Americas Sweethearts" multiple enhancements should not qualify.  

Miranda Tims? Yeah, I pointed it out last year when she auditioned I believe for the first time, and several people actually seemed offended and said the pics were just bad. She has a legitimately terrifying boob job and I'm surprised they took her to TC just based on the fact that that rack is not gonna look right in the DCC uniform.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Tootie said:

I just can't even with her.  I am all in favor of giving girls a chance, giving them leeway when they have injuries, etc.  But I cannot handle all her rambling, inconsistent excuses.  And she should know better than to come back to auditions unable to do a split.  Although apparently it was enough to get her into TC, so what do I know?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Miranda Tims? Yeah, I pointed it out last year when she auditioned I believe for the first time, and several people actually seemed offended and said the pics were just bad. She has a legitimately terrifying boob job and I'm surprised they took her to TC just based on the fact that that rack is not gonna look right in the DCC uniform.

Yeah I looked at some of her instagram pictures and she looks like a completely different person in some of her pictures, also I think she looks older than what you'd expect for a DCC in a lot of them.

• Love 1

ITA about Christina's lackluster heels video and being mad that she STILL can't do the splits. I'm mad, of course, because they cut some incredible dancers (Allie and little Heather) and until the show airs I won't know why and will continue to question why they took mousy inflexible Christina back.  I hope Kelli and Judy feel like shit about it when they see her in the studio once training camp begins!  I'm betting she'll be one of the first to get cut. I could see other judges liking her during auditions, but think she quickly will pale in comparison to the vets and many of the rookies once they start kicking and learning choreo at a DCC pace. 

• Love 3

I'm shocked Christina was invited to training camp -- I think that had nothing other than to give CMT a story for the season (i.e., "come back girl").  Her power is nonexistent, her flexibility is terrible (and it's not like she hasn't had time to work on that!), and her dance is "meh" at best.  No way does she make the squad -- but they'll use her for drama until cutting her.  Sigh.

• Love 3
On 6/1/2017 at 10:23 AM, Tdoc72 said:

They've always had their names on their lockers, both at Valley Ranch & the stadium. I'm thinking that was just a placeholder or put there to show the finished product. How would they know where to put their stuff?

I don't think they'll make a permanent one until they make the squad. They may just have their head shot or one of those temporary name labels until they make the team.

19 hours ago, crazydegulady said:

Meh I found her kind of boring in that clip.

Definitely. The routine was very "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8"..in other words, very generic and..well..boring.

18 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm shocked Christina was invited to training camp -- I think that had nothing other than to give CMT a story for the season (i.e., "come back girl").  Her power is nonexistent, her flexibility is terrible (and it's not like she hasn't had time to work on that!), and her dance is "meh" at best.  No way does she make the squad -- but they'll use her for drama until cutting her.  Sigh.

I agree. She's boring to me.

• Love 4

Guys, I had a funny conspiracy theory pop into my head. What if Allie had sabotaged Holly's outfit and that was why she got cut LOL

23 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Guys, I had a funny conspiracy theory pop into my head. What if Allie had sabotaged Holly's outfit and that was why she got cut LOL

Let's make this Gospel Truth and see how fast it becomes fact. Holly would sbotage herself before she'd let somebody else do it. She's no newbie to competitive dance.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Also, kovfefe means "Holly" in Latvian. 

It is known. 

LOL STOP. I seriously can't handle anymore of the "covfefe" shit. I spend enough time trying to pretend certain people don't exist (not naming names to avoid breaking the rules on talking politics). It's too much bringing it into my precious DCC world. ?

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Also, kovfefe means "Holly" in Latvian. 

It is known. 

While this is hysterical...

33 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

LOL STOP. I seriously can't handle anymore of the "covfefe" shit. I spend enough time trying to pretend certain people don't exist (not naming names to avoid breaking the rules on talking politics). It's too much bringing it into my precious DCC world. ?

I'm with @Oranaiche ^^^^^ it's bad enough when they ask the girls political questions during the interview but other than that let's leave the politics out of the DCC please

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

37 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

While this is hysterical...

I'm with @Oranaiche ^^^^^ it's bad enough when they ask the girls political questions during the interview but other than that let's leave the politics out of the DCC please

Hey, I don't know who you're even referring to. I happen to be fluent in Latvian. 

• Love 7
On 6/2/2017 at 2:21 AM, crazydegulady said:

Yeah I looked at some of her instagram pictures and she looks like a completely different person in some of her pictures, also I think she looks older than what you'd expect for a DCC in a lot of them.

Fun fact: a mutual friend from University of Arkansas and Fayetteville, told me that Miranda's mom was a Rockette! 

• Love 1

hi all- I'm so excited to find this forum...  I've always wanted to chat with other people who love this show.  <3  

Miranda to me is interesting... she's got a long torso, and then shorter legs for her height...  and she is ripe for a make over... I hope they cut the crap out of her hair an add some dimension to it.

1 hour ago, Slate said:

I think Miranda is really beautiful! I don't know much about her dancing, but I like her look.

I agree..and I don't see what people mean when they say she looks plastic. She's a really pretty girl but I'm still excited to see her make-over because sometimes they manage to take people to the next level.

43 minutes ago, mittensgizmo said:

Just what the age division is called. It's all called Dallas Cowboys Dance Academy. I believe the older kids are still called Camp DCC https://dallascowboysacademy.com/ 

This was a 1 day 3 hour camp for the little ones. 

OOOHH gotcha thanks! All I could think of was 'Little Miss Sunshine'. And I was starting to wonder if Rowdy was gonna be pervy old Alan Arkin.....

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

love this dance studio! and the big Tv screen. So this is where all the new.. (as Kelly would say) blood, sweat and cheers will take place!

Makes me wonder if they'll be putting any pics up above the mirrors and if the group leader pics will go between the windows

• Love 1
1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Makes me wonder if they'll be putting any pics up above the mirrors and if the group leader pics will go between the windows

I know right? I seriously can't wait to see  "The Office"   Was that Kellis office only and Judy just pulled up a stool for the evaluations? Did Judy have her own office? I always loved pausing the screen to see all the stuff on Kellie's desk (files, notes, etc, and the pictures and folders behind her.  arrr I can't wait 3 months!

• Love 4

Speaking of office, I wonder how far off K&J offices are compared to VR where it was just beside the studio. I can imagine the "I need to see _____ in my office" scene now where girls have to walk 10 yards + up two floors and CMT having to edit them talking about their nerves on the way there, lol. 

(If it's beside the studio like VR then they've ruined my imagination) 

• Love 3
(edited)

I know this is OT but anybody here remember the 2005 2-hr show on cmt?  Wasn't Kelli in her office by herself (no Judy) when she cut girls? I only saw this show twice.

Edited by MrsEVH
6 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I hope they do! I hope they just hadn't had a chance yet since I believe the studio was completed not too long ago. 

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Will Judy get her very own chair now?

I hope th office is big enough to at least give her a chair lol

• Love 1

I recall reading Q&As with Judy a couple years ago and these two things stuck in my mind:  she hates the stool but producers insisted she sit on it next to Kelli in those office scenes, and she also says that higher powers that be insist that Thunderstruck be the opening and signature dance.  I don't know how all this goes down, of course, but it makes me feel better that K & J aren't the ones who "lazily" want to rely on Thunderstruck all the time.  They are shown as "the deciders" on the show, but they have to answer to others to keep those awesome jobs.  I think of that every time I watch an office scene and look at Judy perched on that stool.

• Love 3