Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I agree, but also think they don't have as many ethnicities audition to make up for it. We're there 5 or so African American girls in finals? It really just comes down to who's successful in finals. They can't let everyone in just to make it even, same for hair colors and all that jazz. 

If you take a look at the FB postings there were 6 black women as well as several others who weren't your typical blondes or brunettes. I don't have a dog in the fight either way, just think it's so interesting that their team is constantly lacking in diversity outside of "all American" blondes and brunettes.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Plenty of people like Yuko. We're just not as vocal as those who don't. I'm glad she made it back.

Me too. I think she's adorable and that she really adds something to the squad.

• Love 3

So relieved that Kelsey made it back! I would have to boycott the show if she didn't lol. I was never really a Heather H or an Alli fan at all but I'm kind of annoyed that Jessika and Yuko made it back after those solos ?

But Raylee? I never saw that coming and I will miss her. She was so gorgeous 

• Love 1
Guest djd123

I find it odd that Allie "liked" the photo on Instagram posted by DJ EJ of the TC candidates.  Personally I probably wouldn't do that immediately after being cut from the group, but maybe I'm just petty.

Do we have confirmation that she was cut? She could easily be hiding behind the blonde woman between Jinelle and Cirsten..

I know Allie and heather h are favorites here but I'm just going to say it... while I think they are both very cute, their bodies and faces both look very "little girl" to me. That alone I can see being cut (however I agree, if that is the reason why now and not last year) because it can't be in their dancing as that seems stellar. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

I'm sorry ..But Raylee, Heather and Allie are all better than Yuko, Milan and Jessika.  We saw some of those solos .....

IMO Yuko & Milan are VERY strong! I've not been a Raylee fan since she auditioned. She looks cheap to me. I adore Heather and think she has fans, although she's less "sexy" and more wholesome. Allie has always been bland to me, along with Bess & Tess, who may be good but just blend and don't command attention. Same for Jessika, Tap-dancer Amy and Tasha.  Stephanie looks cheap too, with her unnatural hair color and colored contacts or weird eye color.

My classy, standout vets would be Robin, Erica, Jinelle, Kashara, Yuko, Milan, Kelsey, Heather O, Lacey and Maddie 

So, I had a look around on social media and this is what I could figure out in relation to those making training camp.  List is certainly not complete and could be wrong, but I did my best! (and no, I didn’t stay up all night doing this, I’m in Australia so on a different time zone ?)

VETS (25, assuming the rumoured 3 cuts are accurate):

6 YEAR - Jenna

5 YEAR- Jinelle

4 YEAR – Erica, Lacey

3 YEAR – Amy L, Bess, Chantal, Holly, Kashara, Robin, Simone, Stephanie

2 YEAR – Cersten, Heather O, Jessika, Kelli, Kelsey, Khalyn, Madeleine, Maggie, Milan, Selina, Tasha, Tess, Yuko

TCC’S:

Alexandria Stavropoulos @alexandriastav

Alexis Peterson @alexispetersonn

Brianna Wilhere @briannawilhere

Celinda @_celinderella

Christina Riccelli @ccriccell

Erin Sauerhage @erin_sauerhage

Gina Ligi @ginaligi

Lauren Parker @lamaparker

Lexie Sullivan @lexiesullivan26

Madeline Molloy @madeline_molloy

Miranda Tims @mirandatims

Molly Neumeister @mollyneumeister 

Rachel Alexander @rachelalexander

Savannah Heineken @saaavy

Tara @taraszy 

Taryn Tompkins @taryntompkins

There are probably more, I just couldn’t find them ?

(edited)
5 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Plenty of people like Yuko. We're just not as vocal as those who don't. I'm glad she made it back.

Well why exactly? Not personality wise (not that we've seen anything from her). She might be cute and all, but what is she bringing on the team? The only clips we've ever seen of her dancing she isn't up to dcc standards or is actually bad,like on the field yesterday. She isn't an ambassador because she can't even speak the language. And I'm not judging anyone for their english because i'm not a native speaker but I can actually write and hold a conversation even though it's not a requirement of my job. And actually, even to get a tourist visa we have to prove to the agent that we speak English well enough to hold an actual conversation with them so i don't even understand how she got a work visa. So I'm sorry but for me Yuko got Cassie's spot as the most bizzarre choice driven by other motivations. Last year they pretty much said that Kelsey got in thanks to her looks. So Yuko isn't the perfect ambassador, the perfect dancer or the stunning girl who is going to sell swimsuit calendars. What's her angle?

2 hours ago, Shan18 said:

I know Allie and heather h are favorites here but I'm just going to say it... while I think they are both very cute, their bodies and faces both look very "little girl" to me. That alone I can see being cut (however I agree, if that is the reason why now and not last year) because it can't be in their dancing as that seems stellar. 

I wasn't a fan of theirs last year, but you are right. If they were pretty enough last year I don't see why they were cut after a year of proving themselves. And Heather's solo was pretty good, apparently the field portion wasn't such a big issue for the judges considering that we saw Yuko messing up her turns (something that Heather proved she rocks during her solo) so unless they messed up their interviews badly enough-like insulting Charlotte and saying that the Cowboys suck- I don't see an objectively good reason to cut them. And especially not Raylee. It's starting to look like they are trying to cut vets every year just for the shock factor.

and I'm sad Alise didn't make it. I guess she wasn't strong enough, not that it seems to matter lately. Hope she auditions next year because she seems lovely and a great dancer.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Law Mom said:

The problem with the group shot is we can't see everyone, so just because someone isn't in the picture doesn't mean they were cut. There is someone on the floor between Jinelle and Cersten who is entirely blocked, and there are some toes on the left that could belong to anyone. If you count the blocked people and the toes, you get 42 people, which means there are probably a couple more who aren't even in the picture.

Can someone who is good at names make a list?

Working on it!

• Love 2

Called the Allie cut - do you guys remember Kelli's face when she saw for the first time during uniform fittings? The way she said 'square' was practically acidic. Tbh the only thing I'm surprised about is that it took Kelli a whole year the rip the uniform off her. 

I'm still speechless over the Raylee cut - she was shaping up to be one of their long-term glamazons. Like people have posted before, Heather and Allie just may not have fit into this year's look of high glam bombshell? Who knows - I'm super curious to see what happened. 

• Love 1

So many feels...

First, no shocked about Allie. I thought she would be kept for favoritism over talent because she's friends with Charlotte's daughter. Heather H is my surprise cut. Raylee? I hope she and Heather H do not stop dancing and go for DMD.

Messika, though, ugh. Such a disappointing solo and the pizzaz of cold dishwater. Kelli, Shelly, Judy, if you're pretending not to read this...please give Messika a makeover. I can not believe this was an acceptable standard for a veteran by appearance or performance.

Very bummed no Dayton, Kali, or Alise for TCC! Did we hear about Kalyssa (sp?)? She is super gorgeous!

• Love 1

Just waking up and getting caught up on the thread. Stunned to see raylee out. I'll do all my speculating until the episode drops. Truly truly shocked. 

Shocked about heather and allie. Unless there was weight gain or some interview flaw, I still think it's unfair that they decided they were ok with their looks last year and then changed their minds this year. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Who are the 2 girls to the left of Yuko?  They seem very somber.  

Jenna looks like the real Jenna--not the photoshopped one--seems more genuine when she's natural.

Dayton will come back next year more determined like Madeline did.  At least no one can say this year she made it because of her Mom.  If I were she I secretly would be kind of relieved.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 4

Wtf...why a picture of chris brown's concert to announce that you got into training camp? 

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

Wtf...why a picture of chris brown's concert to announce that you got into training camp? 

Shes stupid and you just can't fix stupid, my prediction she's the first to go. 

• Love 7

These ladies have been on the squad for a year now, they deserve at the very least the courtesy of spelling their names correctly ....Heather, Raylee and Allie.

14 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

The first one is starting off on the wrong foot, "ready to party, Wtf I'm living my life, Yada, Yada,....." Does she not know she just entered boot camp.?

I thought the same thing! And she doesn't really have a long instagram history to undo those comments. It looks like maybe she's still in HS? She doesn't appear to have any pro team experience or even HS dance team experience - just a few pics of competition dance numbers. I'm thinking there might be a maturity issue and a lack of knowledge that beyond HS, dance/cheer teams are little more than a marketing tool for their organization. I've actually seen this a lot at the collegiate level - girls think the dance team is about dance and competing and get salty when Athletics "infringes" on their prep time before nationals (which always seems to fall during BBall season). Some girls just don't ever grasp the marketing aspect - I hope she figures it out quickly!

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

The first one is starting off on the wrong foot, "ready to party, Wtf I'm living my life, Yada, Yada,....." Does she not know she just entered boot camp.?

Well she is stunning so I can't see Kelli cutting her. She must do something really really wrong to get cut. Not a fan of this post but I don't know if that's truly a reflection of her personality and maturity. We shall see!

44 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Not a fan already. Doesn't seem to have that genuine DCC feel based off her instagram. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well she is stunning so I can't see Kelli cutting her. She must do something really really wrong to get cut. Not a fan of this post but I don't know if that's truly a reflection of her personality and maturity. We shall see!

Dear TCC:  Just ask Caila where all that "partying" will take you!  Hope her Mom gives her a good dressing down.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 8

Just catching up this morning, count me in as one of those not totally shocked about Allie and Heather but yeah if ok last year why not this year? Raylee is a surprise.  And no I just don't get Yuko, she's cute but her dancing is not up to standards and unless get English has improved a lot I just don't get it.  Sad sour Dayton but it will be fun to see her try it next year with Victoria and you know Dayton will come back stronger.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Dear TCC:  Just ask Caila where all that "partying" will take you!  Hope her Mom gives her a good dressing down.

I love you for this, they need to give this girl the social media class YESTERDAY! 

• Love 3

Honestly, I know it's the LAST thing Dayton may want to hear right now but I think in the long run she will have more fun trying out and making the team with her bff Victoria.  I don't know...I just feel like it may mean so much more to her in the end getting to go thru the whole experience with her.  I hope Dayton gets on another pro team this year and has a chance to get that kind of experience before next May. I already think she is strong but that will just give her the extra edge.  her costume was beautiful! i think i like hers and milan's the best. 

i will be shocked if Allie ever tries out again...she can't really change her body composition.  I could see Heather H again tho down the road. 

Celinda making it into camp really surprises me, wasnot a fan last year.  i am willing to give her a chance tho, maybe she has worked super hard this year. 

• Love 9

I'm surprised raven and ally didn't make it. Cristi too. They must have had a really strong bunch this year.

I cannot WAIT to see Dayton next year! I just think she needs another year to really perfect what she's got....and I think she's got a LOT! She and Victoria Kalina will audition together! So cute! They can work together on their styles and hone their "HD ready" looks and they'll be fab!

That said, I'd rather see Dayton be taken to TC a little early than see Yuko taken back again. I'd rather see Dayton develop into what she's GOING to be than watch Yuko stagnate for another year. Not cool DCC, not cool.

• Love 12

None of the cuts are shocking. I agree with a pp that Raylee looked cheap.  She blended into the background to me.  Heather H looks like a mouse and not a DCC.  Allie may have gotten onto the squad due to her friendship with Char's daughter.  She also didn't look like a DCC.  Sucks for these girls but let's face it, beauty trumps talent in the dcc world. 

• Love 4

Updated list of Rookie Candidates is posted in the list thread for you all!:) I know I'm missing three. I'm following them, just hoping to see a few more posts today!

• Love 1

I too wasn't surprised by Raylee's cut -- she's always seemed like a plain jane to me.  I was surprised she made it the first year and really surprised when she made it back her second.  Also, her solo (including her costume) this year looked absolutely ridiculous.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

None of the cuts are shocking. I agree with a pp that Raylee looked cheap.  She blended into the background to me.  Heather H looks like a mouse and not a DCC.  Allie may have gotten onto the squad due to her friendship with Char's daughter.  She also didn't look like a DCC.  Sucks for these girls but let's face it, beauty trumps talent in the dcc world. 

Totally. I never thought Heather H or Allie were even remotely DCC-esque. To me they looked like pre-teens, not DCCs.

3 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Updated list of Rookie Candidates is posted in the list thread for you all!:) I know I'm missing three. I'm following them, just hoping to see a few more posts today!

You're so awesome!

One element we know next to nothing about is the panel interview. It's what pretty much killed Kat last year. Did one of the cut vets wear something wrong, give lackluster answers or arrive late?

I remember when vet Ann Lux got nearly cut for having a "different personality". I was totally floored she made it back after Charlotte made her opinion known. 

The field may have also done a number on those cut vets. Dancing next to slim, sparkling new girls may have hurt them. Season 7 and all those cut vets comes to mind.

All the same, I feel very bad for Allie, Raylee and Heather and hope they don't let this keep them down. 

• Love 5
(edited)

My 2 cents:

*since when is Raylee a Latin dancer? Like Kitty says "don't do things you can't do!" Yes her outfit looked silly and reminded me of the AA lady in season 3 that wore a long fitted dress and got cut. 

*I think there's so many short, girlish brunettes that Allie and Heather had to go. New Madeline looks like a prettier Heather. 

*Has Celinda fixed her snaggle tooth? If not, can't see her making the team

*Lauren needs a hair makeover.  I like curly hair but not the 80's swept to the side.  Would look great straight probably. 

*I think Dayton decided late in the game to audition and wasn't in DCC shape but in a few months she'll be amazing

*I noticed that stupid Chris Brown party image straight away. I predict this chick won't make it to makeovers. 

*Cristi shouldn't have worn the outfit she did. Did she run it by anyone? Why even wear something that has a 1% chance of being taken the wrong way? 

*im in the minority but I'm glad Yuko, Tasha and Selina made it back, all unique and bring something different to the table.

*Eta, what the heck is Kelli going to say during Miranda's uniform fitting?!? 'Is this one boob all yours??'  

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 4

I'm so sad that Chris Brown still has a career. Sigh. He's talented, but just seems like a terrible human. 

Nonetheless, I don't think her post is too bad. She had a very exciting day and is probably giddy for the concert. 

On Raylee...I was so surprised and remembered her swimsuit pics being stunning. And then I looked again and she does look kind of cheap. Still, she was going into her third year and we don't get those non rookie cuts terribly often. I hope she wasn't caught off guard. 

I think Yuko has a very unique look, and maybe her personality shines despite some language barriers. I feel like we hear rave reviews of her dancing and they just don't show it. It's a tv show peeps...show, don't just tell. 

• Love 3

People...Yuko can not speak English ..:she can not even make a double turn...she is a sloppy dancer and forgets moves...she looks like she is a 2 year old.  what is everyone missing here?

• Love 15
1 minute ago, kalibean said:

I'm so sad that Chris Brown still has a career. Sigh. He's talented, but just seems like a terrible human. 

Nonetheless, I don't think her post is too bad. She had a very exciting day and is probably giddy for the concert. 

On Raylee...I was so surprised and remembered her swimsuit pics being stunning. And then I looked again and she does look kind of cheap. Still, she was going into her third year and we don't get those non rookie cuts terribly often. I hope she wasn't caught off guard. 

I think Yuko has a very unique look, and maybe her personality shines despite some language barriers. I feel like we hear rave reviews of her dancing and they just don't show it. It's a tv show peeps...show, don't just tell. 

Completely. And i feel like this has been the story since day one with her. Like they're shielding her, sheltering her, protecting her, hiding her.

And just generally stating this, not to you directly Bean, but for the billionth time, I don't HATE Yuko, hell, I don't really know anything about her personality, because they won't show her, she doesn't tweet or hang out with anyone that we see, she's unable or unwilling to open herself to fans, and so all I see is a big question mark when I see her. I would not make fun of her limited English...EVER. If she just tried, that'd be better. It'd be cute to see her try and take risks and make mistakes. Man though, it's got to be intimidating as HELL to be in her position. I'd be scared witless. The level of perfection required is staggering.

Clearly, I waffle between wanting to give her a good smack to snap out of it and come out of her shell, and alternately wanting to hand her a trophy for being so brave. Can't I do both?!?

• Love 7

I always thought the use of the words "training camp candidate" was weird considering they're technical candidates for training camp at finals and are actually candidates as rookies in TC.