Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

How do you guys know Alexis Peterson made it ? i am just curious ? She've been my Fave Mav for years i would love it for her to be DCC

Edited by mmm
1 minute ago, mmm said:

How do you guys know Alexis Peterson made it ? i am just curious ? She've been my Fave Mav for years i would love it for her to be DCC

She has a tagged picture on Instagram of someone congratulating her for making it to finals. Nothing is on the other Mavs just yet

• Love 1
On 5/6/2017 at 6:48 PM, TiaGrace said:

Ummm...someone please tell me I am wrong...but I just saw Mandy's Voecks Instagram.  She has herself listed as a FORMER Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.  Do we have any insider that knows why or at least can confirm that Mandy is not trying out again... this is crazy...

Wasn't she in Show Group?? 

I thought Victoria Kalina was auditioning this year since she was at most if not all prep sessions. She said on her twitter that she had 12 months until she was trying out, though. 

She is really good and has the look and body! 

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

No but if she did it would be a thicker, silkier pony. 

Naturally curled, strands from angels wings, and groomed with a 24k gold brush.

15 minutes ago, cvogue said:

Wasn't she in Show Group?? 

I thought Victoria Kalina was auditioning this year since she was at most if not all prep sessions. She said on her twitter that she had 12 months until she was trying out, though. 

She is really good and has the look and body! 

Victoria isn't trying out until next year, don't think she ever had plans to this year, but her dance style definitely needs some work.

• Love 5

If Jesus is truly preoccupied who does and doesn't make the DCC, then given all that's going on in the world, I think he might need to rethink his priorities . . . 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, redfin said:

No, unfortunately Reagan did not make it.  She wasn't the only one of the mavs girls that auditioned today that were Sydney's bridesmaids - 3 of the 5 today were Sydney's bridesmaids.  In fact, I think if you were to gather 5 girls at random from anywhere in the US and ask them if they were Sydney's bridesmaids, I think 3 out of 5 would say yes, lol (she had like 20 bridesmaids).

Did Lexi make it? I think she's beautiful and a good dancer (not Holli status but not sloppy like some NBA dancers)

58 minutes ago, redfin said:

I'm not saying anything till the girls post it on their own (Alexis was tagged by her old high school so I guess they spoiled her surprise), but 2 did make it to finals.

Respectable, but I guess I'm confused because I don't see anything on Raegan's instagram or Twitter, yet you posted upthread that she didn't make it. Am I missing something?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

heard that whitney and minerva both did not make it to finals...haven't seen social media proof so take it as you will but yeah. :(  

Well that sucks balls that Minerva didn't make it, I though she was adorable. 

2 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Hi everyone! I'm off to bed for the evening. Here is my up to date list for you all! If someone isn't listed, I have not been able to find an update for them to properly put them in a category :) I will post another update tomorrow mid day with any changes! 

Cut after Semis
Abby Penprase @abbypenprase
Ali Miller @aliannmiller
Savana Christianson @savanaaaa

Moving to Finals
Madi Allemier @madiallemier
Kelly Sherwood @kelly_sherwood 
Brennan @brennanashley
Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall
Kelly Hoover @kellyhoover
Kalyssa Singleton @kalyssaokc
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher
Alex Yap @alexgyap
Joi Noel @joiinoel (Private)
Sheridan Mcdowell @sheridangracemcdowell
Whitney Early @whitneyearly (Private)
Ally Cheatham @ally_cheatham
Lauren Parker @lamaparker
Bri Lutrell @brilutrell
Haleigh Sigwalt @haleighanneee
Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson
Brianna Wilhere @briannawilhere_
Kali McKelson @kalimckelson
Alexis Peterson @alexispetersonn
Chenise Johnson @chenisej
Kristin Dodd @Kdodd_10
Gianna Sciortino @giiiaannaa
Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15
Alise Garcia @lilbitalise

Thanks for the list

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Respectable, but I guess I'm confused because I don't see anything on Raegan's instagram or Twitter, yet you posted upthread that she didn't make it. Am I missing something?

If you look in the slideshow, she's wearing a beige outfit and is #358. At least it looks like her to me.

Christina (MTT10) is in the front of EJ's picture,  but has she confirmed yet? She isn't on 37's list 

8 hours ago, mmm said:

Erin made it to finals 

This is the tall blue girl I kept talking about! Her kicks were amazing! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Josreason said:

Christina (MTT10) is in the front of EJ's picture,  but has she confirmed yet? She isn't on 37's list 

She herself hasn't confirmed. But I didn't even realize she was standing right there! Great find! I'll update!

(edited)

Saundra is cut.  ? She posted via Instagram story her outfit, with a glass of wine... "and that's a wrap ??"

Alexandria Stavropoulos, Hanna Oliver both confirmed as finalists.

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Josreason said:

Saundra is cut.  ? She posted via Instagram story her outfit, with a glass of wine... "and that's a wrap ??"

Alexandria Stavropoulos, Hanna Oliver both confirmed as finalists.

Aww I was hoping she made it through :(

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Aw no! :( I thought it was taking an unusually long time alright LOL

Meh, I don't blame them for taking it away. It hasn't been really helpful to them, only one person made the squad who was FV and she would have made TC on her own merit. I think if backfired now that all of the girls have huge social media platforms and it's really just a battle of who has the most twitter followers who will vote. 

Just now, bigskygirl said:

I did ask Judy on her DCC twitter page about fan vote, and she said we would be able to vote this year.

Ahh, nvm then. Let the popularity contest begin. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Did Popcorn Kelli from Season 7 make it to finals?

Yes

Hi everyone and good morning! Here is an updated list after a few new posts surfaced this morning :) 

No Update Yet
Gina Ligi @ginaligi
Breana Hobbs @breanahobbs
Marissa Nicole @queeenn_m
Jenny Smith @jenny.smith9
Kori @koribell121
Samantha Vaughn @_samiv_
Rachael @rachaellynee
Meg McMurtie @meggy_mcmurtie
Celinda @_celinderella
Miranda Tims @mirandatims
Reana @tld_reana 
Cameron Resurreccion @cameron_res
Emily Morales @emily_morales
Tessa Grace @tesssagracee 
Ansley Jones @ansleyalyce
Lexie Sullivan @lexiesullivan26
Abby Stockton @abby_stockton_

Cut after Semis
Abby Penprase @abbypenprase
Ali Miller @aliannmiller
Savana Christianson @savanaaaa
Mckynna Coconougher @mckynnakc
Minerva Benitez @minervabenitezz
Raegan Schmotzer @raeganschmotzer
Whitney Robertson @itswhitnaay
Saundra Jessie @saundrairene
Katlyn Bartz @katlyn_bartz
Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle
Carly Townson @carlytownson 
Olivia Burks @o_buuurrksss
Karrie @karrie_ann17
Madelyn Frances @madelynfrances

Moving to Finals
Madi Allemier @madiallemier
Kelly Sherwood @kelly_sherwood 
Brennan @brennanashley
Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall
Kelly Hoover @kellyhoover
Kalyssa Singleton @kalyssaokc
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher
Alex Yap @alexgyap
Joi Noel @joiinoel (Private)
Sheridan Mcdowell @sheridangracemcdowell
Whitney Early @whitneyearly (Private)
Ally Cheatham @ally_cheatham
Lauren Parker @lamaparker
Bri Lutrell @brilutrell
Haleigh Sigwalt @haleighanneee
Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson
Brianna Wilhere @briannawilhere_
Kali McKelson @kalimckelson
Alexis Peterson @alexispetersonn
Chenise Johnson @chenisej
Kristin Dodd @Kdodd_10
Gianna Sciortino @giiiaannaa
Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15
Alise Garcia @lilbitalise
Raven Anzaldua @ravenelise24
Taryn Tompkins @taryntompkins
Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver
Randi Sundquist @randisundquist
Erin Sauerhage @erin_sauerhage
Alexandria Stavropoulos @alexandriastav
Christina Riccelli @ccriccelli

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I did ask Judy on her DCC twitter page about fan vote, and she said we would be able to vote this year.

didn't they also say we'd get to vote on side line calendars? or did i miss that opportunity? 

oh well, i don't really care either way, i just think the fan vote is so pointless.  but again, love getting to see different girls do the combo!!! 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Meh, I don't blame them for taking it away. It hasn't been really helpful to them, only one person made the squad who was FV and she would have made TC on her own merit. I think if backfired now that all of the girls have huge social media platforms and it's really just a battle of who has the most twitter followers who will vote. 

Ahh, nvm then. Let the popularity contest begin. 

Apart from Jackie, last year's winner. Not sure about her twitter or facebook but her instagram is private and only has 508 followers. Vivian, Loren and Colby had social media followings.

45 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Saundra is so cute and her comments reflect a positive self-awareness and maturity.  When I saw JennK, Jacie, and Kinsey perform the Semis choreography I knew that it would be difficult to learn and retain in one afternoon.  The skill of fast choreographic memory and retention will always keep some otherwise amazing DCC candidates from making the cut. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

didn't they also say we'd get to vote on side line calendars? or did i miss that opportunity? 

oh well, i don't really care either way, i just think the fan vote is so pointless.  but again, love getting to see different girls do the combo!!! 

I always love the Fan Vote because it is the only time we as fans get to truly peek behind the curtain and decide for ourselves whether these women have what it takes.  It allows the fans to play "virtual reality" judge, and see how well our judgments or opinions correlate with those of the actual judges.  Not that our opinion ultimately matters, and I understand that other factors go into TCC selection but, for example, last year most of us on these boards almost universally picked Cersten as an early favorite.  It is nice to see standout talent lead to a popular consensus on the fan votes.

• Love 3

Does anyone have any info on Ashley Gallagher? I'm pretty sure she was auditioning but I haven't been able to keep up with this thread to see if she showed up. I don't see her on the above list but I'm hoping she did in fact audition and that she's going to finals! ??

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

So if all the vets make it back, we are looking at approximately 10 spots open? Is that correct? 

Maybe less if they only take a squad of 36. 

• Love 1

Sorry if I offend anyone but I'm not that impressed with @kellyhoover dancing skills. She post several dance videos in insta in Michelle Keys class and even though she is executing the moves, they look rehearsed and they do not come naturally to her. Maybe she is just not a hip hop dancer..hoping that she is better in her own style of dance. I wish I could post a few but I don't have isntagram loaded on my office computer. 

Nine girls are leaving the squad. If they decide to stay with 37 girls, nine spots will be opened. If they go with a team of 36, eight spots will be opened if no vets are cut. I think there are a few vets on the bubble, so more spots may be opened.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Nine girls are leaving the squad. If they decide to stay with 37 girls, nine spots will be opened. If they go with a team of 36, eight spots will be opened if no vets are cut. I think there are a few vets on the bubble, so more spots may be opened.

There are some really pretty and talented girls they are sending to finals with the vets. 

I agree with your statement. The ones on the bubble from my point of view are:

Tasha Cruz - I don't think she has enough power in her dance, but if they are looking for only sex appeal...she is your girl. lol

Selina - Boring and easy to forget

Kelsey - I really like her but unless she has made a huge improvement, I think she will be cut for the same reason as Tasha

Milan - Boring and easy to forget

Heather H - she is on the bubble for me - hope she has an amazing solo

As far as older vets being cut, it could happen and a few I have in mind just from watching them dance are:

Simone - I like her too but her dance is not the best.

Stephanie - I really like her but???

I just have a feeling that its going to be another blood bath cut during finals. There are too many amazing girls that are going up against the vets. JMHO!

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

Does anyone have any info on Ashley Gallagher? I'm pretty sure she was auditioning but I haven't been able to keep up with this thread to see if she showed up. I don't see her on the above list but I'm hoping she did in fact audition and that she's going to finals! ??

She hasn't updated her instagram. I keep checking but I guess if she did audition, she will only update after finals (assuming she made it to finals).

• Love 1