Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Live Posting Thread

Bort
  • Start Topic

Do television writers think real people talk like this? How many times does anyone refer to their child by "my son"? It's STOOPID and it's taken me completely out of the episode. 

• Love 7

Anyone remember that movie The Game with Michael Douglas and the whole movie was a giant ruse to change MD's life? No? Yeah, I didn't think so. But that's what this feels like. All of OQ's friends and family have spent this entire season gaslighting him so he'd get some psychological help.

• Love 3
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Any bets that The Spawn is chilling on the beach, drawing a picture? "But Uncle Chase said I'd get candy if I drew fifty pictures and stayed here!"

I want him to emerge from captivity like being isolated for two weeks hardened him like 5 years on the island hardened Oliver, and we find a bunch of broken crayons and a grizzled Willie like, "I've seen things..."

• Love 8

Look Oliver is running to catch the boat.  Present and Past.

6 minutes ago, bethy said:

Do television writers think real people talk like this? How many times does anyone refer to their child by "my son"? It's STOOPID and it's taken me completely out of the episode. 

That's the only way Oliver remembers who he is.  He doesn't exist as a real person, just a chess piece.

I'm on a boat (I'm on a boat)
Everybody look at me cause I'm sailin on a boat (sailin on a boat)
I'm on a boat
Take a good hard look at the motherfin boat (boat, yeah)

• Love 2

I guess I'm supposed to see some metaphorical symbolism in the final running scenes. I just see utter bullshit. I had really hoped the wig was not a cheap way out of storytelling. But I guess nothing surprises me anymore. Everything I used to love about his show was just all a cheap knockoff.

• Love 2