Type keyword(s) to search

S34: Andrea Boehlke

Jabu
  • Start Topic

Hi.  I'm from Redemption Island and Caramoan.  And I'm gonna try and avoid the showmances this time.

She also regrets not playing the idol back in Caramoan.  That was a really dumb thing to do.

We haven't seen much of her this episode but how, oh how, did she not see that envelop clearly marked "advantage"? 

The fact that we saw so little of her makes me hope she goes far, but I've been wrong at times with reading the edit.

[Also, the advantage is weakened by how it can only be played in two specific TC. Not sure I like that, but I will if it helps players I like and/or gets out someone I want out, of course, so I'm a big hypocrite.]

• Love 1
On April 13, 2017 at 6:55 AM, KimberStormer said:

Andrea has really been forced to witness the worst this show has to offer in her times out there

Wow I didn't even realize that... she was there for Phillip/Steve, Brandon's impromptu Tribal Council and now this. 

• Love 4

I will say that if Andrea hadn't been a beast in the challenges we wouldn't have seen her yet. She seems to be getting the Brenda edit (which Andrea was on, as well) in Caramoan. Of course, Brenda made the merge and jury so that's something that Andrea should achieve, too. I'm hoping she gets a lot of airtime with the merge and the lines drawn. Will she be on the side of the numbers? How long will she stick with Ozzy? Will she win an individual immunity? So many questions......

• Love 3
On 4/14/2017 at 11:31 PM, Oholibamah said:

Wow I didn't even realize that... she was there for Phillip/Steve, Brandon's impromptu Tribal Council and now this. 

Ha, Andrea's the Jessica Fletcher of Survivor, if you hit the beach and she's there, shit's going to go down. 

I will say that if Andrea hadn't been a beast in the challenges we wouldn't have seen her yet. She seems to be getting the Brenda edit (which Andrea was on, as well) in Caramoan. Of course, Brenda made the merge and jury so that's something that Andrea should achieve, too. I'm hoping she gets a lot of airtime with the merge and the lines drawn. Will she be on the side of the numbers? How long will she stick with Ozzy? Will she win an individual immunity? So many questions......

She has been truly invisible so far. Outside of a few flashes of challenge performance and her reaction to Varner in this latest TC, she's been a complete background character. I assume that means she doesn't impact the season too much, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time a winner seems to blend in until the later part of the season, so maybe there's hope for Andrea. 

She certainly has potential to win an individual immunity and is in a good spot numbers wise so far. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Ha, Andrea's the Jessica Fletcher of Survivor, if you hit the beach and she's there, shit's going to go down. 

She has been truly invisible so far. Outside of a few flashes of challenge performance and her reaction to Varner in this latest TC, she's been a complete background character. I assume that means she doesn't impact the season too much, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time a winner seems to blend in until the later part of the season, so maybe there's hope for Andrea. 

She certainly has potential to win an individual immunity and is in a good spot numbers wise so far. 

If she had just picked up that Legacy Advantage. Gosh, darn it! She would have had a storyline that they couldn't have possibly ignored. LOL!!!

• Love 3

I also hope her edit picks up at the merge.  She was one of the ones I was most looking forward to seeing, and it's been disappointing she's been virtually invisible so far.  My favorites are not only getting voted off, but also getting no screen time.  It could be she's holding back, but judging from some of the bonus clips, I don't think that's it.  She hasn't really had any reason to have a big moment yet, since the two TC she's been to were no brainers on who was going home. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Yeah, she either doesn't make the finals or she isn't working with one of the finalist. She hasn't had a "story" and, I can't imagine it picking it up now. I mean we still have Sierra Dawn Thomas with the Legacy Advantage, Tai with 2 idoles, Troyzan with an idol & Debbie with an extra vote. That's a lot of other stories to tell and she's been invisible. She's done good at challenges and has had a chit chat with Troyzan (where he found the idol) and, with Sara last week. Hopefully, the merge will show a little more.

The one thing I hold out hope for was Michele didn't have much of a story, and I would say was somewhat invisible compared to her more colorful castaways, but she won.  And I don't remember Natalie Anderson's story picking up until the merge, too.  I think the idols, extra votes, and advantages will be a one episode arc (unless they keep adding more and more as the merge goes on, which the way this series is going, it's possible). 

• Love 1

Queen Sandra and now the shitshow this past week sort of sucked up all the editing air.  I feel like we may still see something from some of the invisible people.  On the other hand Andrea was in the two worst seasons of all time and this seems to me anyway to be making a strong play for number 3; so it might just be that the edit will be as shitty as Caramoan's.  I would like to see Andrea on a normal season, but it doesn't look like that's ever going to happen.

• Love 5

Much like Cirie, so happy to see Andrea finally enter the game.  And I was super happy that she looked like she came to play.  I hope Zekes stupid blunder tonight doesn't totally effect her alliance.

I forgot what a challenge beast she was.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

Greatest female challenge competitor of all time?  I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but Andrea has to be up there.

For physical stuff it's like her, Amanda, Wigglesworth original flavor, and maaaaaaaybe Parvati.

Overall, Eliza is #1 because she's the best puzzle solver ever.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, enlightenedbum said:

For physical stuff it's like her, Amanda, Wigglesworth original flavor, and maaaaaaaybe Parvati.

Tasha was pretty dang good during her first season as well IIRC. But yeah, Andrea has under-the-radared right up into that upper etchelon.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Tryangle said:

Tasha was pretty dang good during her first season as well IIRC. But yeah, Andrea has under-the-radared right up into that upper etchelon.

Is everyone forgetting Darrah?!

• Love 7

I always love a Darrah mention! She's someone I'd like to see get another chance. Perhaps she doesn't want one though.

Now, in an effort to make this on topic, Andrea is now the sole person I am rooting for to win. So I apologize to any Andrea fans because she is now almost guaranteed to lose.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I always love a Darrah mention! She's someone I'd like to see get another chance. Perhaps she doesn't want one though.

Now, in an effort to make this on topic, Andrea is now the sole person I am rooting for to win. So I apologize to any Andrea fans because she is now almost guaranteed to lose.

That's why I've given up on rooting for anyone.  I feel like this season should have been flip flopped.  Everyone in Brad's group should have been the first out, and those people should still be there.  I dream of what the merge would have been like with Ciera, Tony, Caleb, Malcolm, Sandra, Varner if he hadn't tried to out Zeke, and Hali and Ozzy still in it, along with Cirie, Michaela, and Andrea.  It would take someone flipping from Brad's alliance to make it happen for the other side, and I don't see that happening unless it's Sarah.  She seems like the lone wolf. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

All thanks to Zeke, at least.  Thanks a lot, Zeke.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, enlightenedbum said:

Idk if I would put either Amanda or Wiggelsworth at Andrea's level tbh.  But maybe.  Parv and Danielle were pretty badass in HvV...of course we all remember them doing this week's pole challenge and literally making it look effortless.  Darrah, Jenna, and Kim Spradlin up there, and Brenda gave Andrea a run for her money in Caramoan.  Eliza's a puzzle monster but puzzles don't come into individual immunity as much.

Anyway.  Andrea FTW. 

• Love 5

Ashley from Andrea's original season was also pretty decent. If you watch carefully, she keeps up for most of the ridiculous stair challenge (and at the very least avoids being called out by Probst a la Natalie and Phillip) and wins her share of challenges. 

I'm interested to see how some of the early boots would have faired in individual challenges. Stephanie from Thailand, Jolanda from Palau or Gina from Marquesas could have been the challenge beasts that never were, kinda like Monica on her return appearance. 

• Love 5

Okay, she's officially a beast. She's is the all around package. She's cute, a strategist & great at challenges. I'm interested to find out from Zeke where everything went wrong between Andrea & Zeke?!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Okay, she's officially a beast. She's is the all around package. She's cute, a strategist & great at challenges. I'm interested to find out from Zeke where everything went wrong between Andrea & Zeke?!

Andrea is a challenge beast, and I hope it takes her far.  But where Zeke is concerned, it was made pretty obvious -- going after her for pretty much no reason at all.

• Love 2

Think it ties her with five other women (Wigglesworth, Morasca, Kim, Parvati, and Amanda) for most individual wins  by a woman, though the first three only needed one season.  Wouldn't be shocked if she broke that.

• Love 2

I just want to wish Andrea luck tonight. I'm hoping that the Survivor Gods are looking out for her. I don't want her to go home tonight. She's been playing a pretty good game and has been awesome in challenges. It's too bad she didn't see the Legacy Advantage on Day 1. Of course, Sierra did but she might not even make it to the Final 6. Anyhoo, my fingers and toes are crossed for Andrea in tonights Tribal Council.

• Love 3

I was nervous for her tonight.  I hope it's not too late, and this vote humbles her a little bit.  Her saying Michaela would get over not going on the family reward seemed like she was on a bit of a power trip.  Brad definitely seems to be looking for a flipper.  Also, Sarah may end up flipping back, since she wasn't crazy about the Zeke vote.  

• Love 2

Yay! It's another 3 Days for Andrea. It's too bad everyone else (besides Cirie) has an advantage of some type. She might get idol's out. I still have have my fingers crossed for her.

• Love 3

Andrea made some big mistakes in this ep so I'm glad Sierra made such a colossal one and Andrea was spared. I feel like she's going to need to win every IC from now on to make it to the end though. And she just might be able to do that because she's a comp beast. 

I think she'll end up being idoled/advantaged out of the game though. Which I believe happened to her another time she played, didn't it?

• Love 1

She got voted out with an idol in her pocket.  Because she was dominating the game at almost exactly this stage and her allies were like "maybe the super athletic, smart, friendly hot person is NOT someone we want to be at F3 against?"

• Love 2

How awful for her not only to lose her sister, but to have been in the same accident and survived. That's a lot to deal with, especially at 15. I googled it after her mom brought up her sister, because I was curious what happened, and Andrea's blog came up. She apparently told her sister to drive because Andrea didn't like to drive fast, so that's an extra layer of guilt for her, I'm sure. Very, very sad. 

Since it worked last week I thought I try again. I have my fingers crossed that Andrea makes it past the double boot episode. If she can make it past Thursday night she could make the Final 4. C'Mon Andrea! 

• Love 3