Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Race to the Finale

Maybe the easiest people to eliminate are the ones who aren't fashion forward and who don't follow the basic instructions of the judges?

On 2/10/2017 at 0:45 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Can anyone explain to me why Hawwaa is in the finals despite finishing in the bottom quite a few times this season, and comments from the judges that she's basically a one trick pony and can't possibly design an entire runway show with what she's shown them for the entire season?  She has absolutely no place in the finals, but there has to be a reason why she was kept in spite of the REAL fact that other designers have a lot more talent than her.  Tim Gunn really screwed the pooch when he gave his Tim Gunn Save to Aka'i a few weeks ago, maybe he could have saved Molly?  And as for Molly, I went back and read older posts from this season and everyone here seems to have agreed that Molly was one of the designers who would go all the way. 

I just don't get this judging.  Molly, by far, is a better designer than Hawwaa, yet she gets thrown to the curb and one trick pony gets to the finals.  Doesn't make sense on any level.  I'm just wondering if Hawwaa's "look" added into the decision to keep her?  

I felt that Molly was average and didn't follow the challenge. If she had added color or brightness she wouldn't have been so way to eliminate.

10 hours ago, rose711 said:

Can anyone explain to me why Hawwaa is in the finals despite finishing in the bottom quite a few times this season, and comments from the judges that she's basically a one trick pony and can't possibly design an entire runway show with what she's shown them for the entire season?  She has absolutely no place in the finals, but there has to be a reason why she was kept in spite of the REAL fact that other designers have a lot more talent than her.  Tim Gunn really screwed the pooch when he gave his Tim Gunn Save to Aka'i a few weeks ago, maybe he could have saved Molly?  And as for Molly, I went back and read older posts from this season and everyone here seems to have agreed that Molly was one of the designers who would go all the way. 

I just don't get this judging.  Molly, by far, is a better designer than Hawwaa, yet she gets thrown to the curb and one trick pony gets to the finals.  Doesn't make sense on any level.  I'm just wondering if Hawwaa's "look" added into the decision to keep her?  

I felt that Molly was average and didn't follow the challenge. If she had added color or brightness she wouldn't have been so way to eliminate.

Easy to eliminate I mean.

On 2/10/2017 at 10:30 AM, Madding crowd said:

I really liked Molly's outfit and she is my favorite of the designers this season. I thought her look did look nice against the colorful background. However, if they were told to use color, she should have used color. I wish Tim could have told her that she needed some color-maybe he did and it wasn't shown. I thought Chris had a cool outfit that seemed to fit the graffiti background the best. I didn't like the winning dress, it looked tacked together and tacky. The pink dress with the train looked like it would also have fit in Seventeen magazine.

Tieler's outfit was really bad and badly sewn. Hawaa's outfits all look the same to me-patchwork. Maybe that kind of mixing is in style right now, I don't know. It was kind of cute seeing Tim behind the counter at Mood.

I though tim did advise her to add color but she didn't want to. The recap seems to confirm this.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:36 PM, mamadrama said:
On 2/9/2017 at 10:00 PM, Beaner said:

Poor Molly deserved better. In my opinion, she was too reserved personality-wise in the minds of the judges and did not get credit for her solid performance. I'm convinced that the kids who had some type of gimmick were favored. You know, like a sprout or scarf or giddiness. It's too bad. 

If Molly'd had a plant sprouting out of her head, clownish makeup and ethnically diverse accessories, or the knack for squealing every five minutes she probably would've made it through. 

No I don't agree at all. If she had better ideas and followed the instructions she would have been ok.

• Love 4

I think she gives  the "I'm too cool for school" vibe and the judges are afraid to pass on that . Like....what if she's right?  

Is it just me, or does Chris' voice sound like the Misfit Toys from the old Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer TV classic?  When he tries to sound like Tim Gunn, I kept racking my brain to figure out who he sounded like.  Then it came to me ... "No child wants a Charley in the Box!"  

• Love 4
13 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I think she gives  the "I'm too cool for school" vibe and the judges are afraid to pass on that . Like....what if she's right?  

You think these judges are intimidated by a teenager? I don't think so at all.

8 hours ago, rose711 said:

You think these judges are intimidated by a teenager? I don't think so at all.

I don't think it's intimidation, per se, it's more of a fear of Passing up on something good- like Jennifer Hudson on American Idol?  I'm sorry I'm not doing a good job of articulating my thoughts on this.  

What if others think she's as cool as she thinks she is and we missed it?

• Love 2
23 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Is it just me, or does Chris' voice sound like the Misfit Toys from the old Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer TV classic?  When he tries to sound like Tim Gunn, I kept racking my brain to figure out who he sounded like.  Then it came to me ... "No child wants a Charley in the Box!"  

Yes, it does.

• Love 2
On 2/12/2017 at 1:11 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out which cartoon character he sounds like and keep coming up with Kermit the frog.

On 2/10/2017 at 8:04 PM, PepperMonkey said:

Thinking I'm not going to watch because: meh.

Can someone tell me who is in the finale? Then I'll decide if I even want to bother.

Do we know yet when/if Project Runway "All Stars" is starting?

Thanks.

Technically, they're all four in the next episode, titled Finale Part 1.  I'm guessing you mean which 3 make it past the cut of one last person, though.  

On 2/10/2017 at 8:17 PM, Canada said:

Tieler and his theatrical EVERYTHING drives me crazy!!  His stupid hands-up-praise-to-god routine with every little announcement is so irritating.

Does his "Mr. Tim" thing annoy you?  I'm ok with it because it seems genuine but I'd prefer Tim or Mr. Gunn.  Be formal or not but pick one and do it correctly. 

Canada, The patterned outfit Chris made last challenge was acclaimed by consensus. This week's fit both the spirit and the letter of the challenge. 

enoughcats, The judges had to eliminate someone, so black got the boot over white. But color won.

On 2/10/2017 at 9:17 PM, Canada said:

Tieler and his theatrical EVERYTHING drives me crazy!!  His stupid hands-up-praise-to-god routine with every little announcement is so irritating.

Oh, is THAT what he's doing?!  Praising the Lord?  LOL. I thought he was Dabbing.  Which is so....just, no.  Whatev...they're equally annoying.  

• Love 1

The only reason they are doing a design-off is because for once Hawaa made a nice outfit that was better than Tieler's but they definitely want Tieler in the finale and they couldn't just say that - although they basically did.  So they have to give Tieler another chance so he can give them a reason that he's better than Hawaa.  They all know Hawaa shouldn't be in the finale. They're just trying to save face.

• Love 6

Hawaa and her crooked, uneven sewing made it in? Are you kidding me? She hasn't sewn anything all season that isn't lumpy and lopsided. I truly feel if it wasn't for her "look" that she would not have gone this far in the competition. I've only like ONE piece she's designed this entire season, and even then, it was poorly constructed.

Tieler has been my pick to win it since the beginning, but the last 2 weeks have really made him back-pedal. I'm thankful he made it through because if they had kept Hawaa over Tieler, that would have been a travesty.

I still don't get the praise over Chelsea's last look. It looks like a bunch of DIY leather cut outs thrown haphazardly together. I thought for sure that Chris' jumpsuit would have won. He was very creative with the placement of that print. Too bad his pants hems were uneven. That might have been the attention to detail he needed.

As far as the finale goes, I think they have a strong group. I still would have liked to see Molly in the finale, but I understand why they cut her. I'd much rather see Molly vs. Tieler than Hawaa vs. Tieler for the 4th spot in the finale. I feel like the judges have already picked Chelsea to win it.