Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/16/2017

GHScorpiosRule
  • Start Topic

True to my word, on Friday I carefully avoided any and all inauguration coverage, sticking to local TV stations and once the magic hour of noon appeared, to avoid any news coverage, I grabbed my neighbour and we went off for a lunch which included a 9 oz. glass of wine! Yes, friends. It was needed.

Then I came home @ 3:30, had a nice long nap - probably from the wine in the afternoon - woke up, and again, did a lot of channel switching. I was able to successfully avoid seeing ANYTHING related to this fiasco. Mind you, the next day on CNN, I did see the photo of the crowds at his inauguration and Obama's, if that's not telling than what is, and the coverage of all the women's marches, all over the world.

<Sigh> Yes....I know...it's done.  Can I accept it? Ah....no. I don't think so.

• Love 9
On January 18, 2017 at 0:28 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I have mixed feelings about Charter schools.   I am a big fan, of, giving people, choices in life, especially, when it comes to their children. However, I am concerned, about the public schools not getting the necessary funds, support and care, that, they desperately need, to educate children.  I do feel that Devos, is not qualified for the post, that, she is seeking, in our government. I was embarrassed by her confirmation hearing, yesterday.  She was not prepared and the Democrats eviscerated her.  Bernie Sanders, was magnificent, in the way, that, he grilled her.  He is truly pissed and is not backing down at all. People should read about the mess that she has wrought in Michigan.  The Democrats are out for blood and I love it. It is about time, being conciliatory, complacent and nice, have been detrimental, to us.  I also wanted to say that Whoopie is over Jed and she is starting to poke at her.. Joy was not having it either, with the shots, that, Jediblabla, took at Unions.. That was uncalled for..

Wearing my school teacher hat. Charter schools became especially popular in Indiana during the Pence administration. Some of the problems include: a charter school is given the same per child enrolled money as the public schools (though charter schools also have investors). It is given in advance so the school can open and hire teachers. They are not required to hire teachers who pass state requirements so can often pay less. They go for a few months, then close. Children return to their public school, but said school doesn't get the money. I think the best way of handling parents' choice (besides home schooling) is a) school boards are locally elected and b) a child may attend school in any school system the parent wishes to take him/her to. This is the case in Indiana, not all states. 

Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 1
On January 19, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Kenz said:

Good luck to all of my fellow posters who will try to make through Friday without suffering severe depression. Mine started today when my husband turned on MSNBC and they had inauguration preparation reports. I snapped at him to turn the TV off. I will be turning the TV on Friday to some old 50's and 60's  nostalgic TV channel, so as not to give the inauguration any ratings. I plan to eat a lot and I wish I drank or used pot, because that would surely help, but food is my comfort drug. I will grit my teeth and try to watch the View on Monday, but that's going to be tough too, because I think everyone will be in a miserable mood.

I survived with the help of friends and a good deal of wine. It was also the first anniversary of my late husband's birthday who died last February. We tried to watch as much as possible of each inauguration and then go out to dinner. So miserable mood was the word for me. But I survived. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Former Nun said:
16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I find it hard to believe Jedidiah is really pro choice.

What if you consider it for HER...but not others?

You mean she might be a hypocrite?  Ding ding ding I think we have a winner.

• Love 3