Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Ice Ca-Cabes

thewhiteowl

Early in the episode, when someone remarked that it was 110°F, I couldn't stop dwelling on [Happy's?] flannel plaid shirt, Sly's sweater vest, Paige's leggings, etc.

Can anyone here fact check the biology of the episode?

• Love 2

...and none of them sweating after hours running around in that heat.

I also liked that, when they were in the hospital in Lancaster (which they specifically called out in an overlay) an hour away from the garage, Toby was going to run to the deli around the corner to get food.

• Love 2

Happy needs to make a hose for the truck! Wait, she'll make a hose out of her boot!  Toby, fill a bucket of water....which he does....with a hose.  LOL.  Sure, I guess the green garden hose wasn't thick enough but I still laughed.

It was nice that Toby got a chance to be front and center with medical skills - I don't worry about realism.   Walter still had to get the hero moment at the end though.

Still had to get a silly rom-com moment with Walter and Paige.....ooooh nekkid! *eye roll*

I was just glad Cabe survived.  I worry that this is an excuse to have him retire with his new LI so that Robert Patrick leaves the show :(

Walter and Cabe sharing an "I love you" was an aw moment.

Edited by raven
  • Love 6

I kept wondering if it might not have been a good idea to put some shade, like an umbrella, over Cabe, rather than leave him out in the sweltering sun.

And good point by those who mentioned the clothing most of the cast were wearing in that heat.

• Love 3

Seriously writers. How many times does it have to be said. I don't care about Paige, or Paige and Walter. Together, apart, do not give a rats ass, please drop it!

I would like to see Cabe try dating with his new lady friend that could be funny.

• Love 1

"I know, lets move Cabe to the SHADE from the truck.  That way it is marginally cooler and closer to everything they are doing...." (said no writer, ever)

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:26 PM, raven said:

It was nice that Toby got a chance to be front and center with medical skills - I don't worry about realism.  

Not only did he use his medical training, he was supportive of Happy, hopefully realistic with Cabe and generally encouraging even when nagging.  It is almost like HE is the real leader of the group.

I imagine filming the scene in the hot springs was hard to do....the smirk on their faces when he said 'the tingling you feel' or whatever the line was, made me wonder if they were close to breaking a bit.  I hate how we are supposed to think they belong together, but love that she didn't talk on the way out.  I don't blame her.  I'd have nothing to say to someone who took what I said and ignored it. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

Why does it seem the users on this site are way snarkier towards dramas than everything else?

Because we're mostly graduates of Television Without Pity ("spare the snark and spoil the show")?

Anyway, I see this show as a soap opera/comedy rather than a drama.

The one thing the writers did right with this episode was to have the team member whose life was imperiled be Cabe's since he's the one everybody appreciates. 

• Love 4

I was wondering the whole time why they weren't soaking in sweat after 15 minutes of being out there. My cousin has a wedding this summer on one of the hottest days of the year - I think it was 108 when the humidity was factored in.

After 15 minutes of sitting out there, we all had a nice sheen of sweat.

After a few hours of going in between indoors and out, we were all damp.

But in Hollywood, nobody gets even a bit of sweat in 110 dry heat? Nobody even drinks some water?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, bros402 said:

I was wondering the whole time why they weren't soaking in sweat after 15 minutes of being out there. My cousin has a wedding this summer on one of the hottest days of the year - I think it was 108 when the humidity was factored in.

After 15 minutes of sitting out there, we all had a nice sheen of sweat.

After a few hours of going in between indoors and out, we were all damp.

But in Hollywood, nobody gets even a bit of sweat in 110 dry heat? Nobody even drinks some water?

Having endured both hot humid climates and hot dry climates without air conditioning, I can say that sweat does not readily accumulate in arid climates. In dry heat a person can die of dehydration, whereas in hot and humid situations the risk is heat stroke because one's sweat cannot evaporate to cool the body. In the episode, I do not recall seeing anyone consuming liquids, which makes me thirsty just thinking about those 114°F mid-days in the high desert when bed sheets would be dry in 10 minutes on a clothes line.

• Love 1
On January 6, 2017 at 10:56 PM, Skyfall said:

Why does it seem the users on this site are way snarkier towards dramas than everything else?

I can't speak to other dramas, but this is an unrealistic (but I accept that and I'm totally okay with that. It's one of the reasons I like the show) action-adventure series. The fact that the show is very much in the same vein as The A-Team or MacGyver (the 1980s version) but takes itself so seriously opens it up for snark. 

I want them to do an episode next season where they can somehow do a portion of the episode animated like an 80s or 90s cartoon - like Captain Planet.

Just so we know that the show accepts that it is pretty much a live action saturday morning cartoon at this point.

20 hours ago, bros402 said:

Just so we know that the show accepts that it is pretty much a live action saturday morning cartoon at this point.

I thought they already knew that. The fact that they're aware of that and they're still playing it straight is what works for me.