Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E23: Love Hurts

• Start Topic

As I mentioned in the thread for the last episode, I found the scenes with Garrett and Donna in her bedroom so, sooo creepy when I was younger/saw this for the first time.

And, unbelievable, I think we do see him again, when Donna's being stalked in season...six?  Seven? 

• Love 1

Donna, David and Clare all look pretty terrible in this episode. That "mustache" on David is the worst!

I get that crop tops aren't necessarily flattering, but I'm truly confounded by that nipple situation. Even if braless, shouldn't fake boobs have a lot less sag? How do you get them pointing nearly at the floor??

• Love 1

I'm trying to decide if wardrobe should get kudos for not eroticising the attempted rape by having Donna the most covered up she's been all season, or if it was a cynical attempt to emphasize her virginity/ "undeservingness" and sidestep the "Look what she was wearing!" slut-shaming convo from Kelly's attempted rape that Halloween. 

• Useful 1

Unlike the satin shirts, I don't remember anyone having sequin polos.  Was that a thing?

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:34 AM, MCMLXXVII said:

I'm trying to decide if wardrobe should get kudos for not eroticising the attempted rape by having Donna the most covered up she's been all season, or if it was a cynical attempt to emphasize her virginity/ "undeservingness" and sidestep the "Look what she was wearing!" slut-shaming convo from Kelly's attempted rape that Halloween. 

I'd agree with this.  I think it was an attempt to give Donna "drama", but it helps keep this rape culture of the crazed person in the bushes vs the more real date rape scenario.  I also don't like why her sexual history has to come into play with the rape... it's just gross on all levels.  Like someone who's had sex before wouldn't be scarred forever from a rape?  Or somehow can "get over it easier". 

• Love 2

A few things (love binge listening to this during my MIL's visits btw).

1. Val... why Ray? Seriously?  Who wants to be hate fucked?  She could just walk out her office and chose any number of guys (or gals).

2. Nanna's affair.  I think this rang fairly true to character.  Ohndrea doesn't have much experience and definitely wasn't "ready for the boiler room" to misquote RayAnn.  She wouldn't be able to have the affair and not get emotionally involved. 

I loved this relationship with Ohndrea/Dylan.  It reminds me of their editor/writer relationship.  It's like without the sexual tension, they could just be good friends. 

3. Donna/Ray's  career.  I get that Donna is upset but she's so freaking entitled!  Just because her "friend" owns the club doesn't mean that her boyfriend automatically will be the house band forever.  Val needs to do something to bring in paying customers.  Donna browbeating everyone is just tacky.  Doesn't she have anything else in her own life to focus on?

Anyone else snicker after David calls her a bitch?

• Love 4
On 29/12/2016 at 4:23 AM, CurlyATX said:

3. Donna/Ray's  career.  I get that Donna is upset but she's so freaking entitled!  Just because her "friend" owns the club doesn't mean that her boyfriend automatically will be the house band forever.  Val needs to do something to bring in paying customers.  Donna browbeating everyone is just tacky.  Doesn't she have anything else in her own life to focus on?

Anyone else snicker after David calls her a bitch?

Even Donna said Clare would be "soon to be my ex-roommate." She's really been annoying with this Ray thing. He's not going to grow playing at one little club the whole time. 

I did snicker when David calls her out. It is kind of true even if it was major harsh.

• Love 1

What rapist uses a bicycle as a getaway vehicle? It's bizarre they made that assumption both crime sprees were connected, seems like a one a huge college campus in one of the biggest cities in US not all crimes would be committed by same felon but what do I know?

• Love 2

I remember The Flaming Lips being a big deal on the show- ugh with the music rights.  I remember Steve saying something like- "you may hate Valerie but she pulled off a major coup."  It was a really good line.

I also miss Steve and feel that Claire/David got a little more flushed out in the PPAD stuff but a good deal of it seems gone.

I didn't watch as much Melrose- they didn't have a similar club did they?  I know Charmed did and I think some of the same bands did both shows but I'm sketchy on that.

Edited by penguinnj
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:20 PM, penguinnj said:

I also miss Steve and feel that Claire/David got a little more flushed out in the PPAD stuff but a good deal of it seems gone.

I think several storylines played out at the PPAD as the seasons go on.  I don't know how they are going to get around some of the music issues without creating even more plot holes (than those originally created by the writers - heh) in the storylines.

• Love 1