Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Kristie

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Kristie's sister Kate was a dick. Yeah, I get that dealing with an addict is tiresome, and Hillary probably isn't like the greatest role model, but she didn't need the level of dickishness that Kate was serving up cold. 

Next time I get some intestinal distress, I'm gonna load up on the Miller Lite pounders because, for someone with pancreatitis (which is awful and painful), Kristie seemed to have no real problem dealing with it. 

What a train wreck. Kristie and her codependent enablers. Wow, Hillary! What kind of spell was she under? She isn't helping her "wonderful" friend Kristie by buying her beer. Her going on about what an amazing person she is when she's clean... Except she hasn't been clean for 13 years and when we finally saw her clean, she was only a tiny bit better than when drunk/high.

She doesn't seem ready to leave treatment. She may be clean, but I doubt she has the tools to maintain sobriety in the real world long term.

She decided to return to New York, which is a good indication she'll be drinking again very soon. I'm sure Hillary is ready to resume buying her "friend" beer.

(My bet is that by now she's already back to pooping on a car with people taking pictures and being totally unaware of her surroundings)

Edited by Nutella
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Nutella said:

What a train wreck. Kristie and her codependent enablers. Wow, Hillary! What kind of spell was she under? She isn't helping her "wonderful" friend Kristie by buying her beer. Her going on about what an amazing person she is when she's clean... Except she hasn't been clean for 13 years and when we finally saw her clean, she was only a tiny bit better than when drunk/high.

(My bet is that by now she's already back to pooping on a car with people taking pictures and being totally unaware of her surroundings)

Yep. What a "friend"! And she gets up & leaves the intervention? Lol. Cuz she's sooooo amazing? Ya shatting in public is AMAZing! WTF.

5 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Kristie's sister Kate was a dick. Yeah, I get that dealing with an addict is tiresome

I would be the biggest dick on the planet if for 13 years my sister was a drunk & used my mother as a pawn. 

Edited by BostonBlonde
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

I want to know what was up with Hillary's eyebrows!  They were almost up in her hair line.  Is that the "look" in upper state New York these days?

I noticed that too. Botox?

i thought Hillary was in love with Kristie. That's some intense codependency.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I noticed that too. Botox?

That's the same vibe I got. It's like she puts Kristie on some sort of pedestal. Had Kristie only been addicted for a year or so I could see her talking about Kristie being nice sober... But Kristie has been drunk non-stop for 13 years!! And she wasn't that much nicer when she finally got sober. I wonder if the two had/have some sort of romantic relationship (in exchange for endless beer for Kristie).

• Love 2

Completely. They greeted each other in those squeaky chipmunk baby voices like lovelorn middle schoolers. If I were Kristie's sister, Hillary would be getting some MAJOR side-eye from me. 

The one surprise in the intervention was Kristie saying to Ken: "You're not an addict, so you don't understand." Honey, just how drunk are you? Don't you know that the interventionists are all recovering addicts for that very reason? (Not that it's a winning argument, or anything. I'm fine with an oncologist who's never had cancer as long as she can cure mine).

Edited by IvySpice
  • Love 4

I didn't even expect her to last through 90 days. I'll be shocked if she is still sober. I don't think she has any intention of staying sober. She was putting on a show so she could get back to her enabling friend and mother. 

I think there was a lot left unsaid as far as the relationship between Hillary and Kristie. There was also more to why the siblings all didn't have any love for her. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, BostonBlonde said:

I would be the biggest dick on the planet if for 13 years my sister was a drunk & used my mother as a pawn

I didn't like some of Kate's passive aggression but after having to deal with a crappy perma-drunk sister, a doormat mother who gets into fights trying to excuse her enabling, and a creepy "best friend", I don't blame her for being over. it. I have to give her credit for giving her mother an ultimatum too.  

• Love 6
On 12/14/2016 at 0:58 PM, Nutella said:

Except she hasn't been clean for 13 years and when we finally saw her clean, she was only a tiny bit better than when drunk/high.

I found Kristie really unlikable, but I thought it was just me.  IMHO drunks show some of the most out-and-out disgusting and off-putting behavior---like taking a crap on a car.  Just when I thought I had seen everything on this show.....

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pandora said:

I found Kristie really unlikable, but I thought it was just me.  IMHO drunks show some of the most out-and-out disgusting and off-putting behavior---like taking a crap on a car.  Just when I thought I had seen everything on this show.....

Because alcohol works very differently on the brain than most drugs we see on the show. At a certain point in their addiction, they have zero sense of self awareness and really no idea what they're doing. They probably wouldn't remember if they slept and sobered up.  I think Kristie fluctuated between being totally unaware and being slightly somewhat resembling a tiny bit of aware.

I found her extremely unlikeable. I have no idea what Hillary sees in her. 

• Love 5

I think Hillary sees someone for whom there will be no romantic competition and will be bound to her by gratitude for alcohol.  She must feel very secure that Kristie won't run off for someone else, because no one wants a car-shitting drunk, and if you give her vodka, you will be her most important person until she see the bottom of that bottle.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, Pandora said:

IMHO drunks show some of the most out-and-out disgusting and off-putting behavior---like taking a crap on a car.  Just when I thought I had seen everything on this show.....

Yep. I'm thinking of Jennifer, that ASU honor student/car crash survivor from season 7 who had sex with some dude in the middle of the hallway during her friend's graduation party. (The friend was a piece of work, but still.) That'll turn your friends away, for sure.

• Love 2

I just watched this one last night and hated Kristie instantly, so I could definitely see why the sister hated her too.  When Ken and the rehab guy were trying to convince her to stay in Florida and she quickly changed her tune to "Oh okay, you talked me into it!",  I knew we'd be seeing some sort of "Kristie left Florida the next day..." update in about two seconds.

I went to the same high school as Katie,& lived in the same town. Although she looks familiar, I can’t say I actually “Know” her. I do feel a sense of connection though. The sense of connection fueled my google search for her Intervention appearance,& I found this page. I’m disgusted. 99% of the comments I read are ignorant and incredibly heartless. Addiction touches every Family, somehow. 3 degrees of separation. Ya feel me? It’s easy to judge others isn’t it. It has this warm , safe feeling , especially when you’re sitting behind an Anonymous keyboard. The best part is, the spotlight isn’t on you. What would we see, if it was?   Alcoholism is a legitimate Disease. We are all Human and flawed in some way.  Is it that difficult to be kind? Understanding? If so, there’s always that  old Golden Rule, “if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it at all”. 

On 2/1/2017 at 8:23 AM, TaraS1 said:

I just watched this one last night and hated Kristie instantly, so I could definitely see why the sister hated her too.  When Ken and the rehab guy were trying to convince her to stay in Florida and she quickly changed her tune to "Oh okay, you talked me into it!",  I knew we'd be seeing some sort of "Kristie left Florida the next day..." update in about two seconds.

Yeah well you didn’t get that, now did you? No. Because she didn’t.