Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Nutcrackers

Bort

Oh, CJ has a kid? And Max has a crush. That's cute. Rose was cute too.

I loved the Cosmo voiceover. 

I enjoyed the Jimmy/Steph subplot a lot. From Jimmy unable to pronounce Oakland to him trying to talk to Steph about saying I Love You, it was just a fun way to explore the awkwardness of the first I Love Yous. And it led to such a heartfelt moment between Steph and DJ. 

Poor Matt. He left thinking him and DJ were on great terms, and he's going to come back to DJ and Steve pining for each other. 

Of course Kimmy covers for Ramona by playing the part of the Rat King. The annoyed look Ramona gives her mom when Kimmy's fake dying kills me.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1
On 12/11/2016 at 11:54 AM, MaggieG said:

I loved all the "of course she is" or "of course she did" in regard to Kimmy crashing the Nutcracker. 

That was hilarious. No one is even remotely surprised by Kimmy and her hijinks. I loved her extremely dramatic Rat King death scene, followed by Ramona just kicking her to the ground. 

Rose and Max are really cute. Loved how he kept wondering why Jackson has so much trouble with girls. Max has got moves!

I hope they keep DJ and Matt together, even though I can see why they keep Steve around. CJ is really nice, and she has an amazing amount of patience for all the obvious Steve/DJ sexual tension. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

Is it wrong I'm hoping Max and Rose are like the next Cory and Topanaga? Because if it is, I'm not quite sure I wanna be right.

I thought earlier in the show they were hinting at max being gay .  I know he's very young but I thought that was the route they were going 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

thought earlier in the show they were hinting at max being gay .  I know he's very young but I thought that was the route they were going 

Yeah, his constant references to Blake Shelton being dreamy aren't helping. I mean, he's not wrong, but it's a weird thing for a seven year old to ramble about. 

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:28 PM, McManda said:

Yeah, his constant references to Blake Shelton being dreamy aren't helping. I mean, he's not wrong, but it's a weird thing for a seven year old to ramble about. 

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 4:13 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

I thought earlier in the show they were hinting at max being gay .  I know he's very young but I thought that was the route they were going 

Yes, and there was also the episode where he was helping Ramona pick out an outfit for her date with Popko. I kept thinking "what are they trying to tell us here?" But then Rose showed and he went all googly eyed, so who knows?

I think that might be part of the reason I disliked Rose. I really would have liked them to have Max be gay.

Or I might dislike Rose because of her character on Designated Survivor. Or maybe it's a bit of both. I realize it's somewhat of an unpopular opinion, but she really didn't do anything for me.

• Love 3

Lol, when Max went all googly eyed over Rose, my first thought was "Max is straight now"?  He can still be gay, having a "girlfriend" at that age is more about compatibility than orientation.  Max and Rose are Will and Grace the adolescent years.

• Love 3
  On 12/17/2016 at 1:04 PM, allonsyalice said:

Is it wrong I'm hoping Max and Rose are like the next Cory and Topanaga? Because if it is, I'm not quite sure I wanna be right.

I suspect it's more that the actor playing Max might grow up to be a gay boy and that we've picked up on that. And so may the writers, who panicked. In this show all things gay (OG FH way more than this, of course, but still...) are there just for punchlines.

On 12/19/2016 at 5:21 PM, secnarf said:

Or I might dislike Rose because of her character on Designated Survivor. Or maybe it's a bit of both. I realize it's somewhat of an unpopular opinion, but she really didn't do anything for me.

That's where I've seen her! That was totally bugging me. 

Still trying to figure out how Fernando got lost and his excuse was: "I'm use to driving in circles." Wasn't like he didn't take Romana to rehearsal or anything. How about the fact that Romana would have told him out to get there herself? Then again, my sister once worked with a person who used his GPS every single day to get to work for almost 4 years. His car's alternator went out so he got a rental and then had to call the company on how to get to work. All those 4 years, he never paid attention to how to get to work, he always relied on the car GPS. So, if Fernando is like that, then I can buy it. 

ax and Rose are actually cute and he isn't growling as much, so I'm all for that.

I do think the cast is getting a bit top heavy but I'm still in.

Edited by xander874
Edited because I was binge-watching and got episodes mixed up.
On 12/20/2016 at 2:08 AM, JBC344 said:

Lol, when Max went all googly eyed over Rose, my first thought was "Max is straight now"?  He can still be gay, having a "girlfriend" at that age is more about compatibility than orientation.  Max and Rose are Will and Grace the adolescent years.

Yeah, I thought the same. And perhaps the writers will still go that route much later on. Though, I'm seriously not holding out hope for it. Oh well.

• Love 1