Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves

• Start Topic

I'm willing to give GC Buzz a chance but the set irritates me because I can't tell if it was Smelly Horse's old loft condo or Avery's. But it looks like they took someone's apartment and dressed it up to look like a happenin' studio.

Those double doors? I haven't paid attention since it was the Bordello for Depressives and I think Phyllis hid behind those doors in a hallway in her underwear when Ashley crashed her fuckweekend with ButtBiscuit. So I have some PTSD about it all.

The Jabot lab now Brash and Sassy bugs the fuck out of me. Apart from the absurdity of a competitor renting space, Aare we to assume Jabot has ANOTHER lab offscreen? grr.

• Love 8

Bryton said part of the set was Devon's music Studio. 

But those brick walls have been used in alot of sets. Chelsea's loft with Dylan when they were married, I do believe. Restless Style, too. 

• Love 5

I've had this pet peeve for years, and it applies to all the other soaps I watched as well.

What is this "Ha ha, of COURSE I don't know how to cook" trope still being used?  It's so 1970's.  I remember back then I thought it was shorthand for a woman who was liberated from the traditional role of homemaker, out in the world making a living.  Cooking back then was relegated to the Grandma or the Super Mom types - man do I miss the Matriarch roles but that's another, bigger, peeve.

But this is the 21st century.  Most people know how to cook, and - newsflash! - some of them are even MEN!  

• Love 8

Although in all honesty I believe Lauren can't cook.  That seemed character consistent.  Jill was brought up in the kitchen. 

Actually, one of my peeves is the bad cook trope period.  How many truly bad cooks do you know?  Basic cooking most people can achieve.  It may be uninteresting, but it's edible. 

• Love 5

Well, it's perfectly reasonable that Jack can't cook. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth placed their by their very own mammy, oops, I meant Mamie. 

But Summer and Abby have had quite  a different  upbringing in a different time on the show.  One where there hasn't been servants in at least a decade and a half. But I get them not knowing how to fry a turkey. I don't either. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, boes said:

But this is the 21st century.

2 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Basic cooking most people can achieve.  It may be uninteresting, but it's edible. 

This.  I ranted about this in another thread.  I grew up in the last century, my sons were born in the last century, and we all can cook a decent meal.  In this century, there are =suprise= recipes and instructions and information as close as your phone.  Or, one can watch dumb sitcoms/soaps and learn what not to do in the kitchen.

• Love 7

I find the insistence that the rich are middle class annoying. Jack has a full time housekeeper/cook in his mansion but he was set to prepare Thanksgiving dinner solo? At least say he gave Mrs. M the holiday off and she left him to simply turn the oven on or something. This was lazy as fuck.

I felt like that cabin was a little hunting type place. Then the exterior shots implied it was a swank cottage. But it's NOT. It's tiny. 

The homes are a fail (except the Bell originals). They are too average.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, miamama said:

I find the insistence that the rich are middle class annoying. Jack has a full time housekeeper/cook in his mansion but he was set to prepare Thanksgiving dinner solo? At least say he gave Mrs. M the holiday off and she left him to simply turn the oven on or something. This was lazy as fuck.

I felt like that cabin was a little hunting type place. Then the exterior shots implied it was a swank cottage. But it's NOT. It's tiny. 

The homes are a fail (except the Bell originals). They are too average.

i hate that when they used to show sharon's cottage, it seemed like it was in the barn and it's not...it is a separate cottage that at one time the foreman lived in and nick had it all refurbished for when they got married...nick is the one who lives in the "tack house" that is attached to the stables.....

• Love 5

The distance from the cabin to town still seems to defy all laws of the space-time continuum.  Billy Munster claimed that he would never make it home in time to see the football game they were watching, which was then at half-time.  So, that's what...another two hours?  But Jack made it back while Phyllis was still on her coffee break in the park. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

The distance from the cabin to town still seems to defy all laws of the space-time continuum.  Billy Munster claimed that he would never make it home in time to see the football game they were watching, which was then at half-time.  So, that's what...another two hours?  But Jack made it back while Phyllis was still on her coffee break in the park. 

Lol. Remember when it had no cell service because it was SO REMOTE???

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

The distance from the cabin to town still seems to defy all laws of the space-time continuum.

Since we know the ranch clearly sits atop a hellmouth, it's entirely plausible the cabin is next to a wormhole.  no? 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, miamama said:

Lol. Remember when it had no cell service because it was SO REMOTE???

it's also in the state park cause when shick got stranded there a park ranger came to their door to tell them the roads were impassable and closed and they would have to stay there until storm ended...also, when phyl tried to follow nick there, she was stopped and told nope, roads are closed.  laughed like a loon when that happened.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

What bus the hell out of me is the constant "overhearing" of secrets. It's such a cheap way to move a story.

Sitting at your table.  Of course, if one insists on conducting business in coffee shops and hotel bars and lobbies and talk loudly while doing so, well, everybody is bound to hear it.  Doesn't anyone have an office with a door more soundproofed than Phyllis' old condo?  Or any doors with locks?

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:03 PM, Snaporaz said:

I hate that 'Vic' named her Katie 'Newman'... not Abbott and Billy stood for it.

• Love 4

Does every woman at 9+ months have to go to a remote cabin, in a blizzard, via broken elevator or faulty jet, on a frozen lake in the middle of a tornado spawned by a  hurricane, during a zombie apocalypse caused by a volcanic eruption.

• Love 9
On 11/24/2016 at 2:49 PM, peacheslatour said:

What bugs the hell out of me is the constant "overhearing" of secrets. It's such a cheap way to move a story.

It's so bad on The Bold & the Beautiful that the Preverts on the B&B board consider POD (partially open door) an actual character!

17 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

I hate when people refer to Victoria as Vic.  I have a hard time imagining the character would either. 

I can't imagine her liking being called "Vicky" either.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Does every woman at 9+ months have to go to a remote cabin, in a blizzard, via broken elevator or faulty jet, on a frozen lake in the middle of a tornado spawned by a  hurricane, during a zombie apocalypse caused by a volcanic eruption.

Don't forget power outages that cause people to give birth in elevators. And what happened that forced Dullen to deliver Connor in that filthy loft, giving him eye problems? Was that a power outage or a blizzard?

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Probably a power outage resulting from a blizzard :)

Well that's what happens when an earthquake causes the volcano to blow and the zombies take over the police station.....hey! Wait a minute, I think something is coming to me that explains the GC police force!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I can't imagine her liking being called "Vicky" either.

Unless it's Victor, the lights turned low, his "The Best of Barry White" playing, him whispering the lyrics "I'm in ecstasy when you lay next to me".....

• Love 7
On 11/22/2016 at 7:54 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

A thread for micro bitching.

My first:

GC Buzz. Everything about it is so unreal it offends even the stupidest. 

Those double doors where Katherine's secretary used to be in the living room, left of the fireplace.  Makes no sense. 

My pet peeve is when they change a good character into a bed character. That happened recently with JT on  Y and R. A man does not become a bruiser overnight. They are developed that way from childhood. The rage starts early and somehow is not circumvented.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, antfitz said:

My pet peeve is when they change a good character into a bed character. That happened recently with JT on  Y and R. A man does not become a bruiser overnight. They are developed that way from childhood. The rage starts early and somehow is not circumvented.

Vise versa - when a character is horribly tortured, raped, waterboarded ect....and has no lasting effects. no PTSS... no nightmares... no therapy (maybe one session)Cough...Jack...cough...

Of course Prick will be up and plotting in days, while screwing his night nurse.  Victoria will be in love with Vile in a month... or Billy will play Capt. Save-a-ho and Phyl will be peeling Nick's banana and testing out his love-handles.

• Love 5

The new actor looks yummy and they say he's good BUT these MWT's can ruin 10 time emmy winners. Y&R is where good actors go to stink.

Saw Clo on GH with Billy Miller as a cop. Not bad either of them. Diane - rock on the head - actress is burning things up over there as a villain. MS is even toned down some.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I agree with everything you said crossworks except for MS toning it down a bit. Most days she is spazing out and all I can think of is Phyll. I believe they are all MS. Any character I see her play are all the same. 

I would agree about 98% of the time MS can reach OTT at warp 10, but just occasionally she can do some seriously good  halfway decent stuff- but those are rare occasions. Yeah, she basically plays the same in every role.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:09 PM, crowsworks said:

The new actor looks yummy and they say he's good BUT these MWT's can ruin 10 time emmy winners. Y&R is where good actors go to stink.

Saw Clo on GH with Billy Miller as a cop. Not bad either of them. Diane - rock on the head - actress is burning things up over there as a villain. MS is even toned down some.

As far as the writers making good actors stink on Y&R...I would totally agree. Jeez, they made Genie Francis pretty much unwatchable.

(I also question the directing in the past on Days cause the same can be said about otherwise good actors looking like practice for local productions. Just sayin'.)

• Love 3

The shirtless stuff is making me laugh so hard... its just the feeblest excuse to get a shirt off... mind you Kyle and Dr. Nate are ripped for it but it's like Gregory Harrison in Fresno (for those who weren't alive when dinosaurs roamed the earth Fresno was a comedy satire two parter on CBS, sending up the soaps (night time in particular.). Harrison played a character call Torch and he was shirtless for every scene in both parts.  It was hilarious.)

• Love 5
On 8/12/2018 at 11:42 AM, RedRockRosie said:

I would agree about 98% of the time MS can reach OTT at warp 10, but just occasionally she can do some seriously good  halfway decent stuff- but those are rare occasions. Yeah, she basically plays the same in every role.

As far as the writers making good actors stink on Y&R...I would totally agree. Jeez, they made Genie Francis pretty much unwatchable.

(I also question the directing in the past on Days cause the same can be said about otherwise good actors looking like practice for local productions. Just sayin'.)

They had Angie and Jesse! Angie and Jesse! FFS. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

The shirtless stuff is making me laugh so hard... its just the feeblest excuse to get a shirt off... mind you Kyle and Dr. Nate are ripped for it but it's like Gregory Harrison in Fresno (for those who weren't alive when dinosaurs roamed the earth Fresno was a comedy satire two parter on CBS, sending up the soaps (night time in particular.). Harrison played a character call Torch and he was shirtless for every scene in both parts.  It was hilarious.)

The mention of Fresno takes me back

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, crowsworks said:

They had Angie and Jesse! Angie and Jesse! FFS. 

How could I forget??! Oh yeah, I blocked it out. Never happened.

How incompetent must you be to make those two practically unwatchable? Man, what a waste of talented actors.

• Love 4

The town with only a dozen (generous #) people. They must have a white board. Today 1&2 meet at GCAC until 3 interrupts and 1shows up at Jabot to argue with 5 and 7. Then 5 goes to Society and makes out with 6 until 9 throws a fit and 6 is forced to have 9 move out and go live with 5 until 2 shows up and declares his love. >>>Commercial<<<

• LOL 8