Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Mama's Hideaway

"Is the matching outfit really that important?" This is Carol we're talking about, Lewis. So yes. Tandy and Carol really are made for each other. He was just as earnestly into the family picture as Carol was.

So Melissa's gone crazy nuts. And Gail's trapped and no one knows where she is. And next time, Tandy finds a dinosaur costume. So I don't know what's gonna happen, but I'm liking it.

• Love 1

This episode felt more like it was setting up plot than anything else. It definitely wasn't the funniest episode but there were a few nice moments.

I loved Todd telling Melissa he wouldn't give up on her. I do kind of wonder if he's thought through how to get Melissa help. It might be time for him to do some sort of reading on mental health.

Tandy obsessing over Melissa asking Lewis to father her child before asking him was somehow growth for that character. He turned down Melissa! Season 1 Tandy would have tried to figure out how to get Carol to go along with the plan. He's still a man-child, but there's hope.

Gail getting trapped in that elevator shows just how dangerous everything can be in their world. I wonder if there are security cameras or if the elevator will go to another floor if they put the power back on for long enough. 

Erica needs something to do. She's awfully calm for someone who is going to be the first woman to give birth in the post-virus world. 

• Love 1

Tandy is growing his stupid massive beard back.  And why is he still wearing those stupid eyebrows ?

It's a five building complex adjoining an airport -- it just seems stupid that all those buildings would be run through one breaker panel in only one of the buildings. Still no sign of solar panels or windmills powering the place.

The family photo stunt was just plain stupid.

It bugged me that they all seemed so blasé about the fact the power kept going out.

Lots of comments last episode about Carol's current state -- trapped in an elevator with no power.

Still no sign of the calf either.

18 minutes ago, Dots And Stripes said:

It definitely wasn't the funniest episode but there were a few nice moments.

It definitely wasn't that funny.

• Love 1

Wow I actually really liked this episode.  I thought they finally found the perfect balance to Tandy.  I loved that he wouldn't even consider sleeping with Melissa but it was still.in character for him to want to be the first choice.

I actually found carol more annoying.  I don't like the whole mom storyline.  It annoys me.  I did think it was cute that Tandy was supporting her though.  

Gail being stuck in  the elevator is terrifying though!  There must be a hatch and ladder right ??

• Love 3

The ironic thing is, I don't think Melissa was "choosing" in any particular order. If you found her and had a penis (and weren't Todd), she was going to go for it.

Plus, Gail may me trapped in an elevator, but she has everything she wants for her alone space: a pallet of booze and Gordon.

• Love 1

Wow I actually really liked this episode.  I thought they finally found the perfect balance to Tandy.  I loved that he wouldn't even consider sleeping with Melissa but it was still.in character for him to want to be the first choice.

I actually found carol more annoying.  I don't like the whole mom storyline.  It annoys me.  I did think it was cute that Tandy was supporting her though.  

Gail being stuck in  the elevator is terrifying though!  There must be a hatch and ladder right ??

3 hours ago, MarkHB said:

The ironic thing is, I don't think Melissa was "choosing" in any particular order. If you found her and had a penis (and weren't Todd), she was going to go for it.

Plus, Gail may me trapped in an elevator, but she has everything she wants for her alone space: a pallet of booze and Gordon.

Edited to add that for some reason, I don't like January Jones but she really crushed it this episode.  The parts with the doll had me equally cracking up but also really sad for her.  Putting the baby down for a nap cracked me up.   this might be a stupid question but is she losing it because she killed that guy? I feel like that should be obvious but they don't mention it.

• Love 2

I really liked this ep, too. I loved the bit with Carol and Tandy trying to get Gail to take the family photo... in matching outfits... with her eyes open. And the mother/daughter fights are so funny to me. Carol esp is great. Kristen is so good.

"You are the goll-dang mom for ding dong sake, you goll-dang ding-a-ling!"

Loved how terrible Melissa was with the baby doll. "Nap time." I'm not sure what, if anything, will bring her back to normal.

Todd's pop-and-lock therapy was funny. I want those chairs.

Loved Tandy saying, "I mean that metorically."

"If she's been with Todd, I don't touch that bod."

Other parts I liked were Gail's elevator song, Carol putting google eyes on all the photos of Gail, and how everyone opens glass doors with a gunshot.

• Love 3

Two really strong episodes in a row, at least from the drama of the situation perspective. While Tandy and Carol both showed off some of their more annoying characteristics, they also showed that they were capable of learning about reeling their behaviour in when confronted with it.

I loved that Gail's realization for the best way to deal with Carol was to act like her mother and ground her, and that it actually worked.

Lewis was also really enjoyable. While you can tell he still finds Tandy and Carol annoying, he wasn't confrontational about it. The scene of him and Tandy investigating the fuse box was oddly sweet.

I hate that Carol is forcing Gail to "legally" be her mother, and I hate her calling Gail Mom. If someone's not your mom, you BOTH need to agree to have a mom-like relationship.

I'm not liking Gail as a character lately, she's too grumpy. More wine!

6 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I hate that Carol is forcing Gail to "legally" be her mother, and I hate her calling Gail Mom. If someone's not your mom, you BOTH need to agree to have a mom-like relationship.

I'm not liking Gail as a character lately, she's too grumpy. More wine!

But what else are you going to do when you're dealing with someone like Carol who won't take "NO!" for an answer and won't shut up about it until she gets her way?  Giving in to Carol about the adoption thing was the only way Gail was ever going to get any peace.  Gail has every right to be grumpy.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ally862 said:

this might be a stupid question but is she losing it because she killed that guy? I feel like that should be obvious but they don't mention it.

I think I saw in an interview that yes, her issues go back to her killing Jon Hamm.  Someone needs to buy her a Coke and keep her company.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Melissa can't stand Tandy. Clearly she would take any sperm in that situation but I do think she was being deliberate.

8 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

But what else are you going to do when you're dealing with someone like Carol who won't take "NO!" for an answer and won't shut up about it until she gets her way?  Giving in to Carol about the adoption thing was the only way Gail was ever going to get any peace.  Gail has every right to be grumpy.

The way the scene played out it was more than not taking "No" for an answer. Carol was at the point where she had accepted Gail wasn't interested but Gail changed her mind after Carol told Gail she loved her. Carol does push too hard and she probably should have realized Gail is still on edge after almost leaving the group a few episodes back, but I think their new mother/daughter relationship is about more than just Carol being pushy. 

• Love 1

Whoa, that ended in a dark place.  I really thought they were going to get Gail out of it by the end of the episode.  Kind of interesting that the very thing several of us fixated on a couple episodes back really did turn into trouble for her.  Which then makes it hard to understand why they would trust the elevators.

On 11/21/2016 at 8:39 AM, MarkHB said:

Until the place becomes a stinking cesspool.

• Love 1