Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Fashion Police

paigow

Riggs and Murtaugh's probe of the murder of an L.A. fashion expeditor leads them to an investigation conducted by the DEA; Murtaugh is on his own while Trish and the kids are away; Riggs struggles with recurring dreams of Miranda.

I thought this episode was pretty weak.  I am fine if we go the whole season without giving Riggs a love interest.  It felt like that was the only reason for the case or the DEA agent-to set us up to root for Riggs and Palmer (was that her name?).  But how can you even think we would go for that when you show the character still dreaming about his wife?  I did enjoy the psychiatrist telling Riggs there is no timeline for moving on.  .

And I missed Trish in the episode.  I love her and Murtaugh's relationship. So the episode felt off to me but what I thought was perfect?  Murtaugh's baby! She wins the acting prize in last night's episode.  She is so expressive and her reactions to Murtaugh were perfect.  She must really like Damon Wayons and responds to him perfectly.  I loved it when she just seemed exasperated with him.  More baby please!

• Love 6

Riggs' hair bugs me, and it seems to bother him and others, particularly when he's scratching it all the time. There...I said it.

The episode was a little weak. Why, oh why, did the evil mastermind at the end have no henchlings with him?

I thought the blonde actress did a good job but, again, why was it just her if the cartel is THAT big? It seems they'd have a team working on something that big.

Also, glad Riggs is 'fessing up about his grief. It never goes away. You have to talk about it.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, JackONeill said:

Riggs' hair bugs me, and it seems to bother him and others, particularly when he's scratching it all the time. There...I said it.

The episode was a little weak. Why, oh why, did the evil mastermind at the end have no henchlings with him?

I thought the blonde actress did a good job but, again, why was it just her if the cartel is THAT big? It seems they'd have a team working on something that big.

Also, glad Riggs is 'fessing up about his grief. It never goes away. You have to talk about it.

Hilarie Burton from One Tree Hill - and wife of the man with the bat JD Morgan

Also I wonder if Floriana Lima (Miranda) banked all the flashbacks as she is now up in Vancouver as a regular on Supergirl (making out with Chyler Leigh)

Edited by Humbugged
8 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Didn't Riggs get a haircut a couple of episodes ago? The hair is so confusing to me.  Showers and laundry seem optional for the character, so you would think cutting a bit off the top would be more low-maintenance. 

The show is on Fox so it's possible we are not seeing the episodes in intended order.

• Love 3
On 11/17/2016 at 6:37 AM, gibasi said:

And I missed Trish in the episode.  I love her and Murtaugh's relationship. So the episode felt off to me but what I thought was perfect?  Murtaugh's baby! She wins the acting prize in last night's episode.  She is so expressive and her reactions to Murtaugh were perfect.  She must really like Damon Wayons and responds to him perfectly.  I loved it when she just seemed exasperated with him.  More baby please!

That baby was one of the things that hooked me onto this show. She was such a perfect little actress in that scene with Damon in the first episode and all the episodes since!

I enjoyed this episode, I thought the guy who played the main cartel guy did a pretty darn good job. The DEA lady wasn't too bad, I'm glad it looks like they're avoiding the therapist-patient hookup. That's nice.

• Love 6

I think the show is smart enough to understand that it is waaaaay to soon for a hookup for Riggs of any kind.  If the therapist and Riggs are endgame it will be season three or four not while Riggs is still suicidely mourning his wife.  If he did hook up in any way with the FBI agent or anyone I would have found that far more I realistic then any of the jumping out of buildings and crazy  car chases in the show so far. 

When the DEA agent showed up I wondered if she was going to ultimately end up being Renee Russo's character.

Every year there is one show that FOX decides to overdo the product placement to the point that its completely obtrusive and annoying.  This year it was Lethal Weapon.  Does the coroner character exist to sell the Microsoft Surface?

6 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

When the DEA agent showed up I wondered if she was going to ultimately end up being Renee Russo's character.

Every year there is one show that FOX decides to overdo the product placement to the point that its completely obtrusive and annoying.  This year it was Lethal Weapon.  Does the coroner character exist to sell the Microsoft Surface?

They've got nothing on CBS. On Hawaii 5-0 one character actually told another character she should "Bing it" as if anyone ever actually does that (and I say that as someone who has owned two cell phones, both of which were Nokia Lumias running Windows 8). Every episode is a Microsoft commercial although some are more subtle than others. To tell you the truth, I didn't even notice the Microsoft products in this show because they are so over-the-top on 5-0. In any case, it becomes apparent that someone in Redmond decided to dump a bucket of cash on Hollywood if only Hollywood would attempt to make their teeny tiny market share look cool.

• Love 1

When 24 was on, CTU drove Ford and bad guys anything else. We will see the Murtaughs walk past the Apple Store while equipping Roger Jr. for college.

ETA: Kiefer did voice over on Ford TV ads [at least in Canada] for the "Five Hundred" that later became the new Taurus

Edited by paigow
13 hours ago, paigow said:

When 24 was on, CTU drove Ford and bad guys anything else. We will see the Murtaughs walk past the Apple Store while equipping Roger Jr. for college.

Speaking of Hawaii 5-0 they did the same with Chevy after the pilot trading in Detective Williams' Mustang for a Camero when GM signed up. The bad guys always drove Fords until an antagonist cop, who later turned pro 5-0 turned up in the American police car of its generation the Ford Crown Victoria while HPD normally had Chevys. Sometime into the run I am guessing the ad buyers have pulled back. It has been a while since someone was told to "bing" and not "google" for information and Chin Ho has traded in his Harley without a helmet for a 65 Ford Mustang

Finally watched the episode.  Wow, it's weird to see all the idiotic and offensive "action movie cop" tropes being thrown down on TV -- Mel Gibson being dragged by a model home doesn't seem nearly as absurd as Clayne Crawford being dragged by a delivery truck.  Although, in the move at least they protected his goddamn knees -- have these people never heard of road rash??  Riggs 2.0 would have been chewed up, not walking away without even any damage to his clothes!!

Also, an illegal search with extensive property damage would NOT have lead to a middle-of-the-night press conference about seizing drug money.  Good God, these guys are like baby steps away from being the Rampart Division. (BTW does Riggs care at all about literally leading Bambi to her death, or was she asking for it by being involved?)

And, as much as I enjoy Baby Murtaugh, passing her off to the female subordinate who was not seen again all episode is next level uncool.

Did I enjoy anything about this episode? I did love Murtaugh telling Riggs he looked awful, "I didn't even realize you could look worse!"

Edited by dusang
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, dusang said:

And, as much as I enjoy Baby Murtaugh, passing her off to the female subordinate who was not seen again for episode is next level uncool.

There are slightly - slightly - disturbing tones of the last couple of episodes that are troubling me. Riggs being mean to the foreigners, the handing over of the baby to the female subordinate...Murtaugh ripping into Riggs about his son seems now like the foreshadowing of some cliched thinking I dislike. I hope this doesn't become common. 

15 hours ago, romantic idiot said:

There are slightly - slightly - disturbing tones of the last couple of episodes that are troubling me. Riggs being mean to the foreigners,

I didn't think he was being mean to the foreigners.  He asked them to move down the beach and they kept on insisting coming back and playing their music really loud.  They could have been nicer, but they were just as obnoxious with their acts.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Akenta said:

I didn't think he was being mean to the foreigners.  He asked them to move down the beach and they kept on insisting coming back and playing their music really loud.  They could have been nicer, but they were just as obnoxious with their acts.

I saw it that way as well.  They were being obnoxiously loud and when Riggs cane over and asked them to lower the level a bit THEY were the ones who were mean about it.  

• Love 4