Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: 300,000 Likes/S04.E08: A Shot Heard Around The World

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

300,000 Likes Summary:

Voight calls the team to investigate a homicide involving the only witness in a rape and murder case against an extremely young man, Oliver Tuxhorn. Intelligence looks into Tuxhorn's family and their finances as they try to determine if someone was paid to take out the victim. Meanwhile, Stone offers Antonio a job as lead investigator for the state attorney's office, and Burgess and Sorensen's body cameras capture a bizarre exchange with a man that they pull over.

A Shot Heard Around The World Summary:

When a young officer is shot dead in the lobby of an apartment building, Intelligence looks to the latest known offenders who have threatened the police. But when a second officer is killed, the team finds that they are dealing with someone who is highly trained and knowledgeable. Voight works to keep the case contained as they deal with Chicago's ever-present war against the police. Meanwhile, Lindsay confronts Antonio about his new job with the State's Attorney.

I liked it. Voight's nodding still makes me all stabby. He needs to be checked for Parkinson's like the doc in Code Black.

The one thing in the show I found odd was Kim's partner being a cop with 20 years experience. I didn't think he looked quite old enough.

Bye, Antonio, see you on Chicago Realty or Chicago University or Chicago Mall.

• Love 2

Yeah, douche-bag partner did not look old enough. Also with 20 years experience you'd think he should have known better than to post that footage on-line. But at least that gave us a scene of Platt in fine form.

Two solid outings and I think they handled Antonio leaving quite well. I wonder who will get his spot in the pecking order. And of course Lindsey's heading for more parental drama.

Going into Christmas hiatus in mid-November seems a bit excessive though.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Yeah, douche-bag partner did not look old enough. Also with 20 years experience you'd think he should have known better than to post that footage on-line. But at least that gave us a scene of Platt in fine form.

Two solid outings and I think they handled Antonio leaving quite well. I wonder who will get his spot in the pecking order. And of course Lindsey's heading for more parental drama.

Going into Christmas hiatus in mid-November seems a bit excessive though.

Gives them less breaks in the 2nd half of the season

A Shot Heard Around The World. Seems to be the Chicago PD take on Christopher Donner , it even included a naval reservist among the suspects. And in part reminded me of  The Closer episode which predated Donner where a firefighter washout was going to try to mass murder the LA Fire Department. In the real life incident before the police went public I noticed police from various Southland agencies were suddenly wearing heavy body armor, some wearing kevlar battle helmets, which struck me after the second officer got shot, and had extra guns strapped on.

What was the point of Burgess having a new partner for about five minutes in show years before he gets all snotty about being told what to do? I thought surely he had something to do with the cop killer, but no, he's just gone? Did he take Mouse with him (is he gone too)? Did Voight kick Antonio upstairs just to make a space for Burgess in his office?

I love any episode that showcases my Olinsky. Swoon.

• Love 1

I was Soo hoping Burgess wouldn't get the Intelligence spot. That girl seriously annoys me. It was hard enough dealing with her in uniform, now she's going to think she's some hot shot detective? And she'll be eorking with her ex-fiancé. Yeah that won't be the least bit awkward..

• Love 5
17 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

What was the point of Burgess having a new partner for about five minutes in show years before he gets all snotty about being told what to do? I thought surely he had something to do with the cop killer, but no, he's just gone? Did he take Mouse with him (is he gone too)? Did Voight kick Antonio upstairs just to make a space for Burgess in his office?

I love any episode that showcases my Olinsky. Swoon.

Well it was better than using someone like Officer Roman as the quitter

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎18 at 2:26 PM, MakeMeLaugh said:

I really thought that he was going to get shot walking out of the police station, since it literally was the day before his retirement.

• Love 1

This thought struck me when Lindsay, et al moved in on the white truck - it's refreshing to see that Jay and the rest of the team have no problem with her being in front or being in charge or making decisions. She's just a cop (detective) like the rest of them. It's similar to what I love about Deeks and Kensi on NCISLA - she's completely equal. Yes, working with your boyfriend portends poor decision-making, but at least they don't use the trope of either Jay or Deeks trying to stand in front of them or protect them or diminish their roles.

The whole cop shooting was too close to home for me. That poor woman that got shot in the head - I think I screamed out loud.

I spent the entire first episode wanting to punch douche-bag rapist in the face. Repeatedly.

• Love 2
On 11/19/2016 at 6:56 AM, Sake614 said:

I was Soo hoping Burgess wouldn't get the Intelligence spot. That girl seriously annoys me. It was hard enough dealing with her in uniform, now she's going to think she's some hot shot detective? And she'll be eorking with her ex-fiancé. Yeah that won't be the least bit awkward..

I am a awful person when the shooter was going at the cops I was hoping Burgess would get hit and be gone!

• Love 2

I'm still dumbfounded that it's Antonio who becomes the cross-over/anchor character again: admittedly, I'm no fan of Jon Seda, but, the least interesting member of the ensemble, played by the least able member of the cast? Come on! Find a way for Dr. Charles to cross over from Med -- make him a witness testifying in a multi-part episode or something. Oliver Platt is your franchise player, not Seda!